British teams in Europa League

Morgan

colinmaroon
58 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Goldson is helping no one here by stating that it wasn’t allegedly said it was said. Even though he admits to not hearing it.

Say nothing and let the authorities attempt to find the truth. His words are now hearsay. The Newco player says it’s true the Prague player says no way. Only two people know the truth. Doubt anyone else heard anything.

Won't stop lies being told.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Mental what's coming out yet some on here are still all 'Aye but Rangers..., Aye but Celtic"

Because people see through the utter hypocrisy of the club, and to some extent the player.

It would do no harm for Kamara to fully understand the club he plays for and its history. Perhaps use this opportunity to denounce racial and sectarian intolerance beyond the bubble of professional players.

alwaysthereinspirit
15 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Won't stop lies being told.

This. Neither one of the two can change their story now. Everyone knows one of them is fibbing.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Because people see through the utter hypocrisy of the club, and to some extent the player.

It would do no harm for Kamara to fully understand the club he plays for and its history. Perhaps use this opportunity to denounce racial and sectarian intolerance beyond the bubble of professional players.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Whilst whataboutery like this exists then we will never rid the game of this shit.

I think that is utterly pathetic on your part. What the **** has Kamara done to be labeled a hypocrite? He's probably the most inoffensive player in Glasgow.

All clubs have unsavoury incidents or elements of their supports throughout their history, some more than others. Do you propose laying bare ours when we go to sign a player and let them make their own decision first? 

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Whilst whataboutery like this exists then we will never rid the game of this shit.

I think that is utterly pathetic on your part. What the **** has Kamara done to be labeled a hypocrite? He's probably the most inoffensive player in Glasgow.

All clubs have unsavoury incidents or elements of their supports throughout their history, some more than others. Do you propose laying bare ours when we go to sign a player and let them make their own decision first? 

But there is no action re sectarianism in Scotland. Shouldn't you be calling this out every week?  It doesn't lessen the importance of racist abuse to highlight sectarian abuse, prevalent every week like part of the furniture. You have to compare and contrast the response from players, coaches and media alike imo

On 18/03/2021 at 22:34, JackLadd said:

Final analysis is Sevco are just not very good. I bet Slavia Prague's wage bill is a lot less than their £50m a year and they're not running at a £15m annual loss. 

😳

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

And so it escalates

If I was one of their black players I’d be in the chairman’s office first thing tomorrow saying I wanted the **** out of there. 

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

This. Neither one of the two can change their story now. Everyone knows one of them is fibbing.

Both!!!  If it was racism and someone says they heard it and they didn't, that's a lie, simples!

And vice versa!

Edited by colinmaroon

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

And so it escalates

WTF is wrong with people? 
“hey it’s me, what are you guys up to tonight? I have a great idea. Who’s in”

Sick bar stewards.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jock _turd said:

This might go against the grain but the old firm in the the Scottish leagues is almost a form racism . Every game that is played involving the OF teams the opposing team players are treated differently... quite simply they are not one of them which ever. We have seen it time and again. Players who have gone to an old firm team and immediately they are treated differently and yes on the back of an old firm move become an essential player for the Scotland team whereas before they could not get a sniff. This of course has nothing to do with what occurred last night BUT it does highlight how the OF players get a very different treatment. I will say this now had this been a player from any other team in the Scottish leagues hardly anything would have been said by the media at all even if the parent team had made reference. I am not condoning what happened last night but I am saying is yet again we see the divide in Scottish football laid bare. If that had been a hearts team last night we would have been reading about a horror tackle, no assault, by a Hearts player bringing Scottish football to a new low ... I have not even seen that incident properly reported for what it was.  Even their fans are treated differently, see the recent outrage of stupidity from Rangers supporters gathering and overtly breaking the law during a national lock down or Celtic fans at Parkhead.

Not against the grain at all, I’m 50 and it’s been this way all my life. Scum of the earth and an embarrassment to Scotland. There’s also a link with how they believe that they can do what they want and Covid infections through there. Time has come to change that. 

Anyone in any doubt about the story so far:

Classy lot.

Edit - apologies for the terrible censor, if this causes any offense.  It is, of course, not my picture.

Edited by tian447
Racist nonsense almost clearly visible.

14 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree here as well. 

Society has lost this I think and it is agitating political central folk imo and is a reason why the right is gaining momentum. 

For example, If I murder someone because they are black, it's just as bad as murdering someone because they pissed me off imo. 

It's almost at the point where he abuse or violence is secondary to the reason. 

Especially if it involves transgender, black, Asian, gay, women etc. 

White guy abuses white guy, not a peep. 

White guy abuses black guy-  outrage, stronger sentence etc. 

National movements. 

Abuse is abuse. Violence is violence. 

I'm left politically wise, but it's draining trying to stay centred as everyone Goes tonto over every ****ing thing. 

Experienced it on here lately, hence my choice of language. 

If that police issue at the vigil had been a white male, say 30 year old, 6ft it wouldn't even have made the news. 

Trying times. 

Wow, I just thought you typed shite about football!

Chapeau!

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

And so it escalates

What is wrong with sone folk, the mind boggles. 

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Boris said:

Wow, I just thought you typed shite about football!

Chapeau!

Nah, it's a shed topic tho. 

I'm generally in circles with politically left folk and we discuss things, the political correctness and faux outrage at everything is getting tiresome. 

I also think some of it  it does more damage to the wider movements. 

BLM for example, many folk I know, although not angry are just sick of it(  not folk doing it, but the reaction to folk who don't) the way the Scottish rugby players were outed by the media like they done something wrong for not taking the knee is pushing Central folk to the right imo and does nothing to stop or create awareness of racism. 

Imagine having to explain yourself for not taking the knee at a rugby match. Ridiculous.

It's almost if you can't be neutral now, if you aren't outraged by incidents like that or the women at the vigil then you are branded racist or sexist.

A shed topic for sure, but I think in the wider Context it gives the far right a platform to air it's bile on the grounds of political correctness, common sense and freedom of speech and partly why across Europe it is gaining traction as central folk are turning due to the polarisation of the left and right. 

I think the right wing media knows this as well and uses it to further benefit their cause, right under our noses. As well as their more direct frontal assault that is consistent across all media platforms. 

Yiu shouldn't dismiss all opinions you don't agree with as shite, that's another thing the far right does as well, Trump being the king of that recently. 

Unknown user
35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm generally in circles with politically left folk and we discuss things, the political correctness and faux outrage at everything is getting tiresome. 

BLM for example, many folk I know, although not angry are just sick of it(  not folk doing it, but the reaction to folk who don't) the way the Scottish rugby players were outed by the media like they done something wrong for not taking the knee is pushing Central folk to the right imo and does nothing to stop or create awareness of racism. 

Imagine having to explain yourself for not taking the knee at a rugby match. Ridiculous.

It's almost if you can't be neutral now, if you aren't outraged by incidents like that or the women at the vigil then you are branded racist or sexist.

A shed topic for sure, but I think in the wider Context it gives the far right a platform to air it's bile on the grounds of political correctness, common sense and freedom of speech and partly why across Europe it is gaining traction as central folk are turning due to the polarisation of the left and right. 

I think the right wing media knows this as well and uses it to further benefit their cause, right under our noses. As well as their more direct frontal assault that is consistent across all media platforms. 

Yiu shouldn't dismiss all opinions you don't agree with as shite, that's another thing the far right does as well, Trump being the king of that recently. 

He doesn't dismiss all opinions he doesn't agree with as shite, this is the first I can think of.

Under the floodlight
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree with this, next they'll be looking for a Witch Finder General, anybody can apply experience of life is not essential.

• 3 weeks later...
Footballfirst
PROCEEDINGS
UEFA Europa League: Rangers FC v SK Slavia Praha
Last updated 04/06/2021 14:00

Following an investigation conducted by a UEFA Ethics and Disciplinary Inspector regarding the incidents that occurred during the 2020/21 UEFA Europa League Round of 16 second leg match between Rangers FC and SK Slavia Praha on 18 March 2021, proceedings have been opened against Mr. Ondřej Kúdela in order for the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) to assess a potential violation of Article 14(1) or Article 15(1)(a)(iv) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR) and against Mr. Glen Kamara in order for the CEDB to assess a potential violation of Article 15(1)(g) DR.

In accordance with Article 49 DR, the CEDB today decided to provisionally suspend Mr. Ondřej Kúdela for the next (1) UEFA club competition match for which he would otherwise be eligible for the prima facie violation of Article 15(1)(a)(iv) DR, without prejudice to any ruling that the CEDB may subsequently make on the alleged violation of Article 14(1) DR.

Further information about this case will be made available once the CEDB has taken a decision in due course.

The relevant regulations are:

Article 14 Racism and other discriminatory conduct

1.  Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction.

Article 15 Misconduct of players and officials

1 The following suspensions apply for competition matches:

a. suspension for one competition match or a specified period for:

iv. insulting players or others present at the match;

g. suspension for five competition matches or a specified period for serious assault;

Edited by Footballfirst

Rangers must be spewing that they didn't get to have a crack at one of the pishest Arsenal teams in years. 

They are absolutely lacklustre. 

My mum told me that sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you, she was wrong.

Prague player found guilty of racially abusing player - 10 game ban.

Rangers player found guilty of physically assaulting player - 3 game ban.

Now I get the racism is bad argument but is it worse than physical assault?

1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

My mum told me that sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you, she was wrong.

Yes, of course it ****ing is. 

I doubt Roofe intentionally smashed their goalkeeper in the puss, and it wasn't a deliberate kick in the face which would have been a much more hefty ban.  If he'd actually attacked someone, it would be physical assault.  A 3 match ban is probably right, and he'll think twice about putting someone else in danger like that again. What happened was a complete lack of judgement, but things like that happen in football. 

What shouldn't happen is deliberately going up to someone, covering your mouth, and saying something racist to them.  It was deliberate, it was sneaky, it was disgusting, and it deserves much more than a 10 match ban, especially considering we hear so much about "Show Racism the Red Card" and often very little is actually done about it within football. 

It sounds like you are suggesting that racism should just be treated as "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me".  Oh no, someone said something racist to me, oh well, never mind.

If anyone is of that opinion about racist behaviour, then they can actually get as far away tae **** as possible.  Then get tae **** some more. 

Edited by tian447

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I doubt Roofe intentionally smashed their goalkeeper in the puss, and it wasn't a deliberate kick in the face which would have been a much more hefty ban.  If he'd actually attacked someone, it would be physical assault.  A 3 match ban is probably right, and he'll think twice about putting someone else in danger like that again. What happened was a complete lack of judgement, but things like that happen in football. 

What shouldn't happen is deliberately going up to someone, covering your mouth, and saying something racist to them.  It was deliberate, it was sneaky, it was disgusting, and it deserves much more than a 10 match ban, especially considering we hear so much about "Show Racism the Red Card" and often very little is actually done about it within football. 

It sounds like you are suggesting that racism should just be treated as "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me".  Oh no, someone said something racist to me, oh well, never mind.

If anyone is of that opinion about racist behaviour, then they can actually get as far away tae **** as possible.  Then get tae **** some more. 

i think he is refering to kamara getting a 3 match ban for assaulting the player who has the 10 match ban in the tunnel. not roofes awful foul

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

i think he is refering to kamara getting a 3 match ban for assaulting the player who has the 10 match ban in the tunnel. not roofes awful foul

Ah ****, I didn't realise Kamara was also given a ban, I only seen the one for Roofe (which is justified). 

If he's been given a 3 match ban, it totally takes the gloss off the racist prick getting 10 matches. 

That being the case then, I owe @Awbdy Ootan apology for jumping at him. 

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I cant agree with you. Kamara physically assaulted the Czech player in the tunnel. To me personally physically assaulting someone deliberately is as bad or if not worse than someone calling you a f*****g monkey. 

To me physical assault will always be far worse than verbal assault, everytime. Kamara imho should have got the same amount of games ban as the Czech player, who deserved his ten game ban, so did Kamara as two wrongs dont make a right.

Just now, John Findlay said:

I cant agree with you. Kamara physically assaulted the Czech player in the tunnel. To me personally physically assaulting someone deliberately is as bad or if not worse than someone calling you a f*****g monkey. 

To me physical assault will always be far worse than verbal assault, everytime. Kamara imho should have got the same amount of games ban as the Czech player, who deserved his ten game ban, so did Kamara as two wrongs dont make a right.

calm down, he didnt realise kamara got a ban

John Findlay
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

calm down, he didnt realise kamara got a ban

I am calmed down. He is advocating that someone being racially verbally abused is worse and therefore more hurtful than someone being physically assaulted, I disagree with that.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I am calmed down. He is advocating that someone being racially verbally abused is worse and therefore more hurtful than someone being physically assaulted, I disagree with that.

he was talking about the bad challenge that roofe committed not kamara assaulting the other boy

22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Sorry John, I was talking about Roofe, not Kamara. I didn't realise there was a separate ban handed out for retaliating. 

It's hard to make the call as to how you would react, since the racist abuse isn't happening in your direction. Can't imagine many people would take it too well tbh. 

John Findlay
31 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Sorry John, I was talking about Roofe, not Kamara. I didn't realise there was a separate ban handed out for retaliating. 

It's hard to make the call as to how you would react, since the racist abuse isn't happening in your direction. Can't imagine many people would take it too well tbh. 

Any verbal abuse is not nice. However, thumping someone in the tunnel as much as you want to is not the answer.

2 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Fair question.

Previously in terms of fans racist chanting, UEFA fines for clubs have been minimal. Less than for example a player wearing a t shirt advertising a betting company and a club delaying a kick off. 

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Ah ****, I didn't realise Kamara was also given a ban, I only seen the one for Roofe (which is justified). 

If he's been given a 3 match ban, it totally takes the gloss off the racist prick getting 10 matches. 

That being the case then, I owe @Awbdy Ootan apology for jumping at him. 

Thank feck I read this post because I was just about to tear you a new one after reading your other post. 

For the record I said I got that racism is bad, maybe I should have used a stronger word than "bad" to appease you but for me, physical assault will always be worse than verbal/racial assault.

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm not one for condoning violence, but calling a black person a monkey deserves a smack in the puss. 

Indeed, he wouldn’t have said to someone he thought would smack him, he picked on the smallest guy. Two other Rangers players actually kicked the guy on the ground, both Black but well over 6 feet tall. Turns out he was wrong and got a smack anyway, **** him. 

12 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm not one for condoning violence, but calling a black person a monkey deserves a smack in the puss. 

So you are condoning it then.

13 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I remember united fans being disappointed with the Cavani signing, still a quality striker

Seemed to be years of him scoring for fun in France and us constantly getting told by the media he wouldn’t be able to cut it in the EPL. 

Malinga the Swinga
On 08/04/2021 at 21:32, tian447 said:

Rangers must be spewing that they didn't get to have a crack at one of the pishest Arsenal teams in years. 

They are absolutely lacklustre. 

Think Rangers would have received absolute hiding if Arsenal had played like this. Tearing Prague apart. 

Malinga the Swinga

Good to see English ref making horrendous decision allowing Roma to progress against Ajax.

Ajax one up, score another to go 3-2 up on aggregate and after giving goal, ref then watches on TV and decides to change mind and rule it out. He was about a yard from the incident, saw it clearly, and waved arms indicating no foul. 

A couple of minutes later, Roma equalise and Ajax are out. 

It wasn't clear and obvious error, just ref bottling it.