British teams in Europa League

Morgan

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If this is all proven, then to a certain degree Kamara is a bigger idiot than the Czech for rising to it.

It’s hard to say if you’ve not been in his position I suppose. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s hard to say if you’ve not been in his position I suppose. 

Have been many a time.

Footballfirst

Slavia Prague statement

https://en.slavia.cz/clanek.asp?id=Club-statement-Slavia-denies-allegations-of-racism-807

Club statement: Slavia denies allegations of racism

DNES, KLUB
The club denies the allegations of racism of one of the team captains Ondřej Kúdela.

Slavia resolutely denies the disgusting accusation of one of the team captains Ondřej Kúdela of racist behaviour. Already the founders of our club gave us crest with colours meaning “the purity of the idea of sports and fair contest where the rival is not our enemy, but respected opponent.” Today, Slavia is an international club based on respect for our opponents and mutual respect of all people and cultures.

After one of the brutal fouls, Ondřej Kúdela spoke to one of the Rangers players. “I told him ‘You ****ing guy’. It was said in emotions, but I absolutely deny there was anything racist in those words,” Kúdela stated.

Slavia players faced an unprecedentedly malicious play from their opponents. They have never experienced such play in any game they participated in modern history of the European competitions. Many brutal tackles resulted in injuries of our players. Goalkeeper Ondřej Kolář was taken to hospital with ten stitches on his head.

After the end of the game, the team was not allowed to enter the dressing room. Ondřej Kúdela was assaulted by player Kamara and hit with fists in the head when Rangers manager Steven Gerrard witnessed the incident. Even the UEFA representatives who were also present on the site of the incident were shocked by this behaviour.

The team is now safe accompanied by the Scottish police.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
41 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I have no idea why you bothered posting that on here? The fact that a player had to be carried off the field of play requiring facial reconstructive surgery is piffle when there was a player allegedly racially abused at Ibrox last night!

"Piffle"  - Seriously? 

Are you suggesting that reference to a dangerous challenge that could easily have resulted in the Slavia keeper losing an eye or worse should not be posted on here, on the basis of an alleged racist comment having occurred at the same game?

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Have been many a time.

Racially abused on a football pitch when you’re not thinking straight?

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Slavia Prague statement

https://en.slavia.cz/clanek.asp?id=Club-statement-Slavia-denies-allegations-of-racism-807

Club statement: Slavia denies allegations of racism

DNES, KLUB
The club denies the allegations of racism of one of the team captains Ondřej Kúdela.

Slavia resolutely denies the disgusting accusation of one of the team captains Ondřej Kúdela of racist behaviour. Already the founders of our club gave us crest with colours meaning “the purity of the idea of sports and fair contest where the rival is not our enemy, but respected opponent.” Today, Slavia is an international club based on respect for our opponents and mutual respect of all people and cultures.

After one of the brutal fouls, Ondřej Kúdela spoke to one of the Rangers players. “I told him ‘You ****ing guy’. It was said in emotions, but I absolutely deny there was anything racist in those words,” Kúdela stated.

Slavia players faced an unprecedentedly malicious play from their opponents. They have never experienced such play in any game they participated in modern history of the European competitions. Many brutal tackles resulted in injuries of our players. Goalkeeper Ondřej Kolář was taken to hospital with ten stitches on his head.

After the end of the game, the team was not allowed to enter the dressing room. Ondřej Kúdela was assaulted by player Kamara and hit with fists in the head when Rangers manager Steven Gerrard witnessed the incident. Even the UEFA representatives who were also present on the site of the incident were shocked by this behaviour.

The team is now safe accompanied by the Scottish police.

They don’t know the Scottish police. Strange the guy went to Kamara instead of the two six foot plus black guys that kicked the guy on the ground in the first place. 
Much more to come from this no doubt 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

"Piffle"  - Seriously? 

Are you suggesting that reference to a dangerous challenge that could easily have resulted in the Slavia keeper losing an eye or worse should not be posted on here, on the basis of an alleged racist comment having occurred at the same game?

Surely he was being sarcastic 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?!?!

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

"Piffle"  - Seriously? 

Ehmm I think you missed my point footyfirst you are right andI fully agree sticks and stones do break bones... as do boots and studs👍

this is just wrong on a number of counts 

Slavia going on the offensive already, citing that their player was subject to violence after the game - I mean, it’s really soon for them to be coming out swinging ...

Unless they are trying to “soften” the blow. at the end of the day, it isn’t the first time this same club have been accused of it in other incidents 

I’ll be honest and say it, if, and I say if something racist was said to Kamara, then if he has popped the same Slavia player in the face, then he deserved it. 

Forget all this shite about “2 wrongs don’t make a right”. Anybody on this forum with “faux outrage” around the accusations of violence from Kamara, would probably react and potentially lash out if circumstances were similar. You can’t condone that type of reaction but at the same time you can kind of understand it 

Going up to a player and making a racial comment is totally unacceptable. Covering of the mouth so no one can see what is actually said is even more sickening as no one can see it. Therefore why do it if he allegedly swore at him, but didn’t make a racial comment - according to the Slavia player 

I suspect and given the above paragraph that something of a racist nature has been said and even although that’s speculative, any evidence that we do have would point to this, at this stage 

I ain’t no Rangers lover but putting my own thoughts on that team aside, I feel really sorry for Kamara, Gerrard, and his team mates in particular - this is a cancer on society and needs to be stamped out 

I will stop there - I have noted a lot of comments from senior figures at Rangers and within the club, and in all honesty, If they were the same when dealing with sectarian abuse and from their own hoardes , I would kinda listen more to what they are saying and take their comments a bit more seriously 

Whilst I ain’t got any time listening to hypocrites who do nothing about sectarian abuse but then go al out to attack racist abuse, like one is different to the other, the fact that professional players, in this day and age, are still putting up with this behaviour from so called fellow human beings on a football pitch, or anywhere else, is absolutely sickening 

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Racially abused on a football pitch when you’re not thinking straight?

Not on a football pitch. 

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Not on a football pitch. 

Are you going to try the old being slagged for being Scottish is the same as racism defence here? 

Footballfirst
28 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Ehmm I think you missed my point footyfirst you are right andI fully agree sticks and stones do break bones... as do boots and studs👍

Apologies if I misinterpreted your post, but if you are posting sarcasm or making a tongue in cheek comment, then it is worth adding a emoji, to avoid any misunderstandings.

Just now, Footballfirst said:

Apologies if I misinterpreted your post, but if you are posting sarcasm or making a tongue in cheek comment, then it is worth adding a emoji, to avoid any misunderstandings.

👍 No worries.

John Findlay
28 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Are you going to try the old being slagged for being Scottish is the same as racism defence here? 

No, I suffer verbal abuse almost every day in my job. Abuse is abuse racial or otherwise.

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

You seem to be wanting to ignore the possible racism just because Rangers are linked with sectarianism

They are both wrong and lets hope they get to the bottom of this but the pictures and limited sound point pretty clearly to Kamara being the subject of racist abuse

Sorry but I am not buying the Slavia statement and there was no police action either despite their claims

Had this not been Rangers I doubt your opinion would be the same and that in itself is sad......still lets 'move on' eh

Actually no lets not move on, lets confront it and tell it as it is whether it was a Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone or indeed any club.

Completely agree. Whether you like Rangers or not, whether you feel that sectarianism has been challenged enough or not by the club or media, its irrelevant in this case.

A player (if allegations are correct) thought it acceptable on a pitch to go over to a player and say racist abuse in their ear. That is unacceptable. If you want to see the effect it has, listen to Goldson's press conference. You hear a player still shaken by this incident. He speaks about how there is only token gestures against racisim (kneeling at games) which authorties bring in to appear to do things but dont really give consequences to racist players. That racism is now worse than ever as players after the game go on their phones to find racist abuse sent over social media (which he said some Rangers players got yesterday.)

If you are talking about a racist incident with a "but what about sectarianism" you are not helping solve the issue. Both are bad. You can challenge both but using "what about.." is not challenging.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No, I suffer verbal abuse almost every day in my job. Abuse is abuse racial or otherwise.

Absolutely! And what about those poor ******* bus drivers! Just doing a job that the general public need and in some cases rely on and they are getting stoned and alsorts by gangs of young thugs just WTF is going on there?

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Nonsense. All abuse is bad but racial abuse is a level above. 

Unknown user
18 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I wonder who spotted him?  Burley?

It was the other dude, the goalie coach that doubles as a scout and came with burley, I forget his name

Edited by Smithee

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I disagree. Abuse is abuse, racial or otherwise. It's all wrong.

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This.

16 hours ago, Barack said:

Tis but a scratch:

Screenshot_20210319-003145_Twitter.jpg

Ooo ya ****er!!! Forgot all about the game until I remembered it was Friday too. Sounds like i missed a OF warm up and a half

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Agree completely, no white person could possibly understand or empathise what a black person has to endure 

9 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Did you learn nothing at school Morgan?????? :facepalm:

Plenty thanks.  👍

One of them being that it is not either necessary, nor trendy, to be a sheep.

I don’t have to ‘hate’ Manchester United just because it’s cool/fashionable/the thing to do etc.

I have liked (not supported) Manchester United since I was just a wee boy, I feel no need now to change that opinion purely to be one of the in-crowd.

Similarly, I don’t have to hate England and/or the English because I was born north of the border.

Sheep :facepalm:

What a mental thread this has become. So much whataboutery and so much - clearly he is guilty as SP released a statement swinging punches at Rangers. If it happened its disgusting , however covering your mouth is not a thing that makes you guilty , You can’t go by just what Kamara says and to say that people like Goldson were shaken by it so it must be true is just nonsense. The only two people who know what was said at this time are the two players. Until that is resolved condemning the player is not correct

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Yes it’s all abhorrent, I get it myself at work and have to keep my cool. I would get the sack if I reacted in a violent manner, however tempting it might be. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Plenty thanks.  👍

I don’t have to ‘hate’ Manchester United just because it’s cool/fashionable/the thing to do etc.

I have liked (not supported) Manchester United since I was just a wee boy, I feel no need now to change that opinion purely to be one of the in-crowd.

Similarly, I don’t have to hate England and/or the English because I was born north of the border.

Sorry I didn’t mean to get you into this shit, i don't like the current team of divers and that square headed moaning ***** of a captain.
You couldn't but help like them when they played great football. 
You are of course free to like them 😂

WoolfordsHearts
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

What a mental thread this has become. So much whataboutery and so much - clearly he is guilty as SP released a statement swinging punches at Rangers. If it happened its disgusting , however covering your mouth is not a thing that makes you guilty , You can’t go by just what Kamara says and to say that people like Goldson were shaken by it so it must be true is just nonsense. The only two people who know what was said at this time are the two players. Until that is resolved condemning the player is not correct

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Common sense prevails.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry I didn’t mean to get you into this shit, i don't like the current team of divers and that square headed moaning ***** of a captain.
You couldn't but help like them when they played great football. 
You are of course free to like them 😂

Not your fault, Pasquale.  👍

It’s a sort of ‘old school’ rivalry (friendly) that I have with Seymour.

He’s got a big mouth, is all.  😄

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes it’s all abhorrent, I get it myself at work and have to keep my cool. I would get the sack if I reacted in a violent manner, however tempting it might be. 

Same for me.

Seymour M Hersh
27 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Plenty thanks.  👍

I was merely reminding you of the castleboi tendency to be glory hunters. A tad sensitive today it appears. I'm guessing either way too much plonk last night or not enough yet today. 

Would be nice if anti bigotry crusaders Sevco got Slavia Prague again in the play off round for the CL.  And got another pasting! 😄😀

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Would be nice if anti bigotry crusaders Sevco got Slavia Prague again in the play off round for the CL.  And got another pasting! 😄😀

And Celtic got Sparta and got another two doings. Prague teams certainly have their number. 

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

When I worked in housing, people who were being harassed (non-racially) by neighbours or other 'enemies' tended to be loud and indignant, but people being racially abused were more likely to be withdrawn, almost as if they were ashamed of it themselves. In that respect they were more similar to people (usually women) being abused by their partners.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I agree here as well. 

Society has lost this I think and it is agitating political central folk imo and is a reason why the right is gaining momentum. 

For example, If I murder someone because they are black, it's just as bad as murdering someone because they pissed me off imo. 

It's almost at the point where he abuse or violence is secondary to the reason. 

Especially if it involves transgender, black, Asian, gay, women etc. 

White guy abuses white guy, not a peep. 

White guy abuses black guy-  outrage, stronger sentence etc. 

National movements. 

Abuse is abuse. Violence is violence. 

I'm left politically wise, but it's draining trying to stay centred as everyone Goes tonto over every ****ing thing. 

Experienced it on here lately, hence my choice of language. 

If that police issue at the vigil had been a white male, say 30 year old, 6ft it wouldn't even have made the news. 

Trying times. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree here as well. 

Society has lost this I think and it is agitating political central folk imo and is a reason why the right is gaining momentum. 

For example, If I murder someone because they are black, it's just as bad as murdering someone because they pissed me off imo. 

It's almost at the point where he abuse or violence is secondary to the reason. 

White guy abuses white guy, not a peep. 

White guy abuses black guy-  outrage, stronger sentence etc. 

Abuse is abuse. 

I'm left politically wise, but it's draining trying to stay centred as everyone Goes tonto over every ****ing thing. 

Experienced it on here lately, hence my choice of language. 

I wasn’t going to post any more on this but will to comment on this. If you assault someone white it’s assault. I f you assault someone black it’s assault. If you call some a black ******* and assault them it’s racially aggravated assault. Just the same as if you called someone a fenian/orange ******* and assaulted them it’s a religiously motivated assault. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I wasn’t going to post any more on this but will to comment on this. If you assault someone white it’s assault. I f you assault someone black it’s assault. If you call some a black ******* and assault them it’s racially aggravated assault. Just the same as if you called someone a fenian/orange ******* and assaulted them it’s a religiously motivated assault. 

Yes it is. 

Under the floodlight
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

And Celtic got Sparta and got another two doings. Prague teams certainly have their number. 

Check!

Under the floodlight
14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And ginger/red haired people?

Footballfirst

Reporting Scotland now saying that Slavia Prague has made an official complaint to Police Scotland about their player being assaulted.

skinnybob72

If the Slavia Prague player is guilty of racial abuse he should have the book throw at him.

However, I do find it somewhat two faced that the Scottish media are showing outrage when there tends to be not a peep from them about the sectarian abuse that is found at Ibrox every second week. 

Racism in any aspect of life is disgusting and should be called out as that, i wish it would just F off to be honest, If that was our player that was alledgedly abused like that, we would all be raging. If its true this guy needs to have the book thrown at him. No place for it.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Reporting Scotland now saying that Slavia Prague has made an official complaint to Police Scotland about their player being assaulted.

Ahhh we are very sorry Mr Czech mannie we asked The Rangers for the cctv footage but its been mysteriously wiped. 

3 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Racism in any aspect of life is disgusting and should be called out as that, i wish it would just F off to be honest, If that was our player that was alledgedly abused like that, we would all be raging. If its true this guy needs to have the book thrown at him. No place for it.

No , a lot of us would have the same sensible attitude of the truth needs to be found out. 

4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

this is just wrong on a number of counts 

Slavia going on the offensive already, citing that their player was subject to violence after the game - I mean, it’s really soon for them to be coming out swinging ...

Unless they are trying to “soften” the blow. at the end of the day, it isn’t the first time this same club have been accused of it in other incidents 

I’ll be honest and say it, if, and I say if something racist was said to Kamara, then if he has popped the same Slavia player in the face, then he deserved it. 

Forget all this shite about “2 wrongs don’t make a right”. Anybody on this forum with “faux outrage” around the accusations of violence from Kamara, would probably react and potentially lash out if circumstances were similar. You can’t condone that type of reaction but at the same time you can kind of understand it 

Going up to a player and making a racial comment is totally unacceptable. Covering of the mouth so no one can see what is actually said is even more sickening as no one can see it. Therefore why do it if he allegedly swore at him, but didn’t make a racial comment - according to the Slavia player 

I suspect and given the above paragraph that something of a racist nature has been said and even although that’s speculative, any evidence that we do have would point to this, at this stage 

I ain’t no Rangers lover but putting my own thoughts on that team aside, I feel really sorry for Kamara, Gerrard, and his team mates in particular - this is a cancer on society and needs to be stamped out 

I will stop there - I have noted a lot of comments from senior figures at Rangers and within the club, and in all honesty, If they were the same when dealing with sectarian abuse and from their own hoardes , I would kinda listen more to what they are saying and take their comments a bit more seriously 

Whilst I ain’t got any time listening to hypocrites who do nothing about sectarian abuse but then go al out to attack racist abuse, like one is different to the other, the fact that professional players, in this day and age, are still putting up with this behaviour from so called fellow human beings on a football pitch, or anywhere else, is absolutely sickening 

This is a really good post.

I watched the game and like most the reaction from Kamala and Goldson said it all, it was pretty clear whatever he said was a bit more than just swearing at him. Should the Rangers players have walked off the field? Fair play to Kamara for continuing would have highlighted it a lot bettet if they walked off the field imo.

This might go against the grain but the old firm in the the Scottish leagues is almost a form racism . Every game that is played involving the OF teams the opposing team players are treated differently... quite simply they are not one of them which ever. We have seen it time and again. Players who have gone to an old firm team and immediately they are treated differently and yes on the back of an old firm move become an essential player for the Scotland team whereas before they could not get a sniff. This of course has nothing to do with what occurred last night BUT it does highlight how the OF players get a very different treatment. I will say this now had this been a player from any other team in the Scottish leagues hardly anything would have been said by the media at all even if the parent team had made reference. I am not condoning what happened last night but I am saying is yet again we see the divide in Scottish football laid bare. If that had been a hearts team last night we would have been reading about a horror tackle, no assault, by a Hearts player bringing Scottish football to a new low ... I have not even seen that incident properly reported for what it was.  Even their fans are treated differently, see the recent outrage of stupidity from Rangers supporters gathering and overtly breaking the law during a national lock down or Celtic fans at Parkhead.

alwaysthereinspirit

Goldson is helping no one here by stating that it wasn’t allegedly said it was said. Even though he admits to not hearing it.

Say nothing and let the authorities attempt to find the truth. His words are now hearsay. The Newco player says it’s true the Prague player says no way. Only two people know the truth. Doubt anyone else heard anything.

29 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

This might go against the grain but the old firm in the the Scottish leagues is almost a form racism . Every game that is played involving the OF teams the opposing team players are treated differently... quite simply they are not one of them which ever. We have seen it time and again. Players who have gone to an old firm team and immediately they are treated differently and yes on the back of an old firm move become an essential player for the Scotland team whereas before they could not get a sniff. This of course has nothing to do with what occurred last night BUT it does highlight how the OF players get a very different treatment. I will say this now had this been a player from any other team in the Scottish leagues hardly anything would have been said by the media at all even if the parent team had made reference. I am not condoning what happened last night but I am saying is yet again we see the divide in Scottish football laid bare. If that had been a hearts team last night we would have been reading about a horror tackle, no assault, by a Hearts player bringing Scottish football to a new low ... I have not even seen that incident properly reported for what it was.  Even their fans are treated differently, see the recent outrage of stupidity from Rangers supporters gathering and overtly breaking the law during a national lock down or Celtic fans at Parkhead.

well said Sir