• Spoleto

• Boab

• Bull's-eye

• Sagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
43 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Agreed but his note passing to Daly will mean that no fan will ever trust him not to interfere. He has to be completely cut adrift from the club

I'll personally drive Levein down to the job centre. 

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

There's only one man fit to wear that nickname  Morgan:robboyas:

My point exactly, Mac.

There’s only one.  :sadrobbo:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Neilson done great in the championship! Went off like a train and the others couldn’t catch us.

before the end the football became turgid! Side side back!! Repeat!!

and it continued in to the new season.

liked the  guy but imo we got boring to watch.

Had to change. 3-1 home defeat to Aberdeen was the catalyst. Up levels, we were not going to steamroller the opponents. 3-3 draws late in his tenure at Hamilton and ICT, not great results, but personally didn't think it was the torture made out to be.

Money spinner, that's what killed him, coming out with that line 15 mins after chucking a cup tie against them. Never forgiven from that point

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He is the manager of Motherwell. Who do you honestly think would finish higher, given historic and current resources?

Another  question. Who do you think is getting the most from what they have?

Too many people missing the point I'm trying to make. I'm not claiming Levein is better than him, and I'm not claiming he is better than Levein. What I am saying, is that if we do get rid of Levein, I want the best candidate possible to get the job, and not the latest name on the list of 'promising young managers' that contains such luminaries as: Ian Murray, Colin Cameron, Grant Murray, Paul Hartley, Neil McCann etc. All these guys at some stage in the recent past were being hailed as the next big thing in Scottish Football management. Young up and coming managers who were on "upwards curves" etc... every single one of them then failed to kick on.

There is no such thing as a "sure thing" or "no risk" appointment. I have said this a few times now, but folk just keep concentrating on things like 'he's doing a better job on a lower budget than Levein' and suchlike. These things are debatable, but I'm not really fussy about having that debate as it's not fundamental to the point I'm making. Whether they are or not, that's not really a good enough endorsement for me. Not when it comes to such a massive appointment at a really important time for our football club. I want someone who is AS CLOSE to no risk as possible. We can only make such an appointment by putting in some real research and careful consideration.

It concerns me that people are too focussed on the getting rid of Levein part. The bit I am far more concerned with, is who we replace him with.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Had to change. 3-1 home defeat to Aberdeen was the catalyst. Up levels, we were not going to steamroller the opponents. 3-3 draws late in his tenure at Hamilton and ICT, not great results, but personally didn't think it was the torture made out to be.

Money spinner, that's what killed him, coming out with that line 15 mins after chucking a cup tie against them. Never forgiven from that point

Yes agreed the money spinner comment certainly went down like a cheap sherry but to then come out with it and go down to their gaff and not even lay a glove on them was a disgrace!!! 

Amongst a lot of fans that was the tipping point I’d say.

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yes agreed the money spinner comment certainly went down like a cheap sherry but to then come out with it and go down to their gaff and not even lay a glove on them was a disgrace!!! 

Correct, he had to go after that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Who do you fancy?

I am ready for a change, accused of being a sympathist, but like a bit of balance and truth to the debate. Same as national team, I would prefer something fresh, baggage is no use for us as a fanbase right now.

If they persevere with boot room philosophy, they are indeed doing us a disservice, restricting us to a tiny pool of inexperienced, possibly even incompetent (I don't say that lightly) coaches, not managers

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Too many people missing the point I'm trying to make. I'm not claiming Levein is better than him, and I'm not claiming he is better than Levein. What I am saying, is that if we do get rid of Levein, I want the best candidate possible to get the job, and not the latest name on the list of 'promising young managers' that contains such luminaries as: Ian Murray, Colin Cameron, Grant Murray, Paul Hartley, Neil McCann etc. All these guys at some stage in the recent past were being hailed as the next big thing in Scottish Football management. Young up and coming managers who were on "upwards curves" etc... every single one of them then failed to kick on.

There is no such thing as a "sure thing" or "no risk" appointment. I have said this a few times now, but folk just keep concentrating on things like 'he's doing a better job on a lower budget than Levein' and suchlike. These things are debatable, but I'm not really fussy about having that debate as it's not fundamental to the point I'm making. Whether they are or not, that's not really a good enough endorsement for me. Not when it comes to such a massive appointment at a really important time for our football club. I want someone who is AS CLOSE to no risk as possible. We can only make such an appointment by putting in some real research and careful consideration.

It concerns me that people are too focussed on the getting rid of Levein part. The bit I am far more concerned with, is who we replace him with.

You are far too sensible for this forum. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct, he had to go after that.

See, I don't get that. I do, in that folk are angry he made a dumb**** statement, but we have gone backwards since he left, not just sideways.

Maybe he wasn't the man for the end game, but honestly didn't think we were in that bad a place when he left.

It should have been ten
16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I'll personally drive Levein down to the job centre. 

I’m sure if he wanted to go there he’d drive himself. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Who do you fancy?

I am ready for a change, accused of being a sympathist, but like a bit of balance and truth to the debate. Same as national team, I would prefer something fresh, baggage is no use for us as a fanbase right now.

If they persevere with boot room philosophy, they are indeed doing us a disservice, restricting us to a tiny pool of inexperienced, possibly even incompetent (I don't say that lightly) coaches, not managers

I’d love us as a club to advertise the job properly and draw up a list of candidates who have shown interest and I’d make my personal selection then.

there may be a young ambitious manager who comes to our attention.

young and ambitious is 2 main things I’m looking for.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I’d love us as a club to advertise the job properly and draw up a list of candidates who have shown interest and I’d make my personal selection then.

there may be a young ambitious manager who comes to our attention.

young and ambitious is 2 main things I’m looking for.

Just saying, they did that last time and we ended up with Levein 4 weeks later.

Imagine the scenario, where he reappoints himself in November :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

He would probably get lost and blame the car or the sat nav.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Ffs!!! Noooooo

when he goes it has to be completely from the club imo.

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

He will end up at Hibs in a month or so and we will end up with McCann or someone else already at the club.

That's my fear as well. 😕

We are not going to get a proven successful manager with English or European experience not on the money we can afford to pay.

We might as well go for the most promising young manager in Scotland because I have a feeling we will regret it if we let him slip over to the dark side.

Watching the two dugouts on Saturday was an education our dugout was full of spectators who should have paid to get in like the rest of us, the visiting dugout their manager was never of his feet pushing his team on even when the game was safe at 3 - 1.

We could do with some of the enthusiasm that Robinson has . It would be a fresh start and with a rejuvenated fan base behind a good set of players and a manager with a fresh outlook we would be a potent force once again.

Please make this happen Hearts.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:rofl:

Maybe we will choose between the 2 when the amount of yes or no ways are counted between the 2 threads, one withe the least criticism lands the job! 

You and Brighton rimming each other?

There you go, I said Brighton was being generous when he suggested that you were 12.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

But not zero chance so we wait till late November hoping NI lose some qualifiers and that we can then persuade him to leave, something the National job couldn’t, based heavily on the fact he lives in Edinburgh.  Hardly strategic stuff is it.  

Pretty close to zero. They will be out within three weeks or so.  However the discussion with him would have to be now, or maybe it’s already taken place. 

Its a great thought but can’t see it happening. He is in an even cushier number than Levein. He is ex-Hibs as well and you know what that means to some of our support. 

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He would probably get lost and blame the car or the sat nav.

Probably not, he wouldn’t be going there in the first place 

Worthing Jambo

Surely the criteria would have to be:-

Experience in managing in Scottish top flight.

Capable of finishing 3rd.

Capable of winning one of the 3 major trophies.

Demonstrating enthusiasm.

No compensation required.

That appears to be what most people are looking for.

Does anyone fit the bill?

20 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Michael O’Neill fits your bill 

Jambo, Goodbye
9 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

You'd probably pull your hamstring on the way. 

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The no risk part will not be debated by anyone i’d Imagine. You’re right, there is no kind of thing. Impossible to predict.

I’m sorry, but real research and careful consideration is something that the board has shown it’s not really capable of doing. Hence the shambles when they made a board member the feckin manager.

I want someone with as low as risk as possible also. Let’s live in the real world though, to get that would cost a fortune. A fortune we don’t have.

The focus on getting rid of CL is because of the shambles carried out by him. We are all concerned with who we get but are realistic to admit that a huge name isn’t coming. We have to take a degree of risk....like just about every appointment anywhere.

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

:lol:

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

They are aren’t they??? 🤮

They are aren’t they??? 🤮

:lol:

And I had the audacity to claim that the idiots on here were childish!

I love it when I'm proven right.

Serge Pizzorno

If you listen to Louis Moult’s interview with Si Ferry, he speaks very highly of Robinson, and that his training is spot on, second to none. 

Definitely my ideal choice all things considered. 

I spoke to a mate of mine who is a Motherwell season ticket holder. He was a bit "meh" about the prospect of losing Robinson. He used a golf analogy, and said Robinson pars every hole. Does what is expected. Nothing more, nothing less. 

That tells me any compensation we can afford would be better spent elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

And I had the audacity to claim that the idiots on here were childish!

I love it when I'm proven right.

First time for everything I suppose.👏

I'd prefer a few of the JKB experts to be putting their names up for the job. 

Maybe get them together as a "management team".

3 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I spoke to a mate of mine who is a Motherwell season ticket holder. He was a bit "meh" about the prospect of losing Robinson. He used a golf analogy, and said Robinson pars every hole. Does what is expected. Nothing more, nothing less. 

That tells me any compensation we can afford would be better spent elsewhere. 

Our manager at the moment is Double Bogeying every hole.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Probably not, he wouldn’t be going there in the first place 

The bookies.

I get it.

5 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I'd prefer a few of the JKB experts to be putting their names up for the job. 

Maybe get them together as a "management team".

Not a bad idea.

Better than the feckin Four Tops right now.

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

See, I don't get that. I do, in that folk are angry he made a dumb**** statement, but we have gone backwards since he left, not just sideways.

Maybe he wasn't the man for the end game, but honestly didn't think we were in that bad a place when he left.

It was his approach to Derby matches that got on my chebs.

I agree completely that we have gone backwards since he left but that was his choice, I don't believe he was hounded out.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

What is it that makes Robinson a good target for Hearts?

His 21% win rate at Oldham or his inability to finish in the top 6?

Convenience. We can reuse some "Robinson Out" banners from the pieman era when he fails.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

What is it that makes Robinson a good target for Hearts?

His 21% win rate at Oldham or his inability to finish in the top 6?

Maybe he’d be as good at you in only selecting the stats to suit his own argument.