• Spoleto

• Boab

• Bull's-eye

• Sagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Boab said:

No he hasn’t. 

I suppose you can look at his record and say he has improved the team though. Took over in the March of 2017 after Mc Ghee made an arse of it....remember that close shave ?....so, that season can be discounted to be fair.

Took them to two domestic Finals the next season, quite a feat in itself, and has improved them to a point where they are now sitting third in the SPL.

We can all look at things differently as I say, but he’s done not a bad job.

The past two League finishes have been about level with us on points, with, of course the obvious caveat of top six/ bottom six opposition, but a decent record all the same.

Not bad, but I think the next appointment has to be as close to a sure thing as we can get. I just don't see SR being that. Might be, could be an absolute revelation, but he could also be shite. If we do rip everything up and start again, I really want as little risk as possible.

47 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

People calling for O’neill need to wake up.  Northern Ireland still have a decent chance of qualifying for the Euros he is not going to walk away from that.  

People calling for a big name, but who? I remember the clamour for Steve McLaren previously who fails everywhere he goes.  Why should we accept a failure just because we are in Scotland.

Chris Hughton has been mentioned.  I love that man like a father but his style of football is the complete opposite to what we are calling for.  Again, just because we are a smaller club why accept that.   We won’t get a truly decent top manager as they don’t want to manage in Scotland outside the old firm.  

Should we go lower leagues in England - half the fans will be meh “never heard of him”

Should we go lower leagues/other SPL clubs, again half the fans will say they don’t have the experience or pedigree for us.

should we get an ex Hearts man in, half the fans won’t think that’s enough.  

So so what people want is a big name, previously successful, ideally ex Hearts man who is willing to come to Hearts.

new for you all, SUCH A CANDIDATE DOESNT EXIST.  

Whoever we get will never meet all our expectations and so half the fans will be wanting him to fail from the start as per Cathro and Levein.  More toxicity amongst than fans, more people desperately waiting to say I told you so and pushing for some mythical appointment that will never come.

some of our fans make me sick right now.  

:cornette:

Every post of yours is attacking our fans these days. It's boring, and already been done to laborious effect by other posters.

Neil Warnock would be available next season as he is seeing out his last year at Cardiff, was in the press a week or two ago saying he would love to manage one of the Edinburgh clubs.

We could put in a caretaker manager until the end of the season.

Psychedelicropcircle

More than likely bullshit AB will still have silver tongue Levein in her ear saying I can fix this !

this time last year Robinson was playing the same brutal game as us. That 1-0 victory in December was brutal. Not long after this Robinson threw the young lads in & the rest is history !

23 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Some of them make an absolute fortune out of being sacked as well.

Agree. And another reason I think Robinson may be a smart move is that he can't afford to fail with a step up if he wants to progress his career. Or else he will forever be a wee team manager, and it seems he has higher aspirations.

Always a risk with a new manager, bit cost/benefit wise this for me is the most promising one. As I really want someone current with the Scottish game, who is ambitious, climbing the career ladder, and has shown he can do the business. And if it doesn't work out, not the most expensive of mistakes.

Either way, I'll get behind the new boss.

I'm a fan of Levein, but as much as I like him, it is time to go to DoF or move on to DoF of someone like Dundee or Dundee Utd. I think his managerial days should be put to bed.

Robinson seems to be flavour of the moment.....remember when we should have burst the bank to get Tommy Wright....because St Johnstone were so much better than us.....or Derek McInnes ....because Aberdeen were miles ahead of us.....yet recently both have been slated on here as being gash.....we need to look for someone sure but let's not think he is the right person because he has Motherwell playing ok...we are surely better than that...

The pluses for Robinson:

He knows the league. He’s a motivator. He appears to have good contacts in terms of recruiting players from lower leagues in England. 

Negatives: Probably compensation involved. 

Mccann pluses: Talks well, bit of fire in his belly, knows the league. Available and could work with Levein. Experience at Dundee could be a negative, but also a positive.

Negatives: Dundee means there will be reservations, he maybe has a tendency to fall out with people.

Of the two, on the evidence up to now, Robinson would be the lower risk option, but that would come at a price. I think Mccann has the potential to be a good manager and I’d be tempted to put Kirk in as number two if it was mccann.

Im not sure about people shouting for managers with no experience in Scotland. To me this is a risk also. Look at heckingbottom. And another mistake would be expensive. 

I would like like to know who does Robinson’s scouting of the lower English leagues tho.

6 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

Robinson seems to be flavour of the moment.....remember when we should have burst the bank to get Tommy Wright....because St Johnstone were so much better than us.....or Derek McInnes ....because Aberdeen were miles ahead of us.....yet recently both have been slated on here as being gash.....we need to look for someone sure but let's not think he is the right person because he has Motherwell playing ok...we are surely better than that...

These are my thoughts too. If we are going to go through the upheaval of bringing in new management, I don't want to be in the same situation again at this stage next season. Need to get the right guy in at the first time of asking.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I love Robinsons energy, probably fighting a losing battle at Well, but puts out competitive teams, but not often enough to satisfy our fanbase.

Personally I'd be looking further afield, Germany to be precise. Even the likes of Barnsley have turned up a decent German.

I would like someone free of the baggage of Scottish football. Not Paulo coming back either, I want to move forward, and I want rid of the coaches too, bar Austin, he clearly has attributes that attract people to the club in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

Tommy Wright used to get results the football has always been gash though.

There is no such thing as a no risk appointment or even an appointment of little risk.

If there was, every club would hire the right man every time.

Some managers fit clubs and for some it just doesn’t work out. Despite doing due diligence and thinking you have the right man, until he’s in the job you just do not know how it’s going to play out.

One thing is for sure though, what we have right now IS NOT working and we shouldn’t not make a decision because of what may or may not happen in the future.

You deal with the here and now. Levein needs to be removed from the dugout at least.

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

There is no such thing as a no risk appointment or even an appointment of little risk.

Some managers fit clubs and for some it just doesn’t work out. Despite doing due diligence and thinking you have the right man, until he’s in the job you just do not know how it’s going to play out.

One thing is for sure though, what we have right now IS NOT working and we shouldn’t not make a decision because of what may or may not happen in the future.

You deal with the here and now. Levein needs to be removed from the dugout at least.

A very good post.

There must be risk involved. The last bit has to be done ASAP.

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Side issue but I really hate how tabloid papers speculate on a manager's replacements before the manager has even left. Happens down south all the time and just seems really disrespectful.

Get what you’re saying - but in Levein’s case, I don’t think it is disrespectful. He’s the one who’s been disrespecting the fans for months and refuses to acknowledge what has been blatantly obvious to the majority of supporters for a long time now - he needs to leave the club ASAP. 

If the Robinson story turns out to be true - then the only entity that’s been disrespected is Motherwell.

53 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Fair comment and I concede that currently Robinson would meet certain criteria whether it be a SWAT analysis , benchmark or some other form of yardstick. The point I was trying to make is there are so many imponderables that reaching a decision is challenging. I am surprised at so many fixed views expressed on here. If someone asked me who I would prefer between Robinson and McCann I honestly would  admit to not have a scooby

👍🏻

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I honestly think fans are so messed up by the ‘Levein Year’s’ that any half decent manager mentioned will be met people trying to justify how great they’d be.

This is Hearts we’re the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with a fan base desperate for success that can turn a home game into a miserable experience for our own team when things are going wrong. We have a squad full of internationals and seasoned pros we need a manger who can deal with that, someone who can take that squad a focus them, find a style that suits and win games. Make tynecastle a fortress again.

The step up from Motherwell to Hearts is massive, Robinson can play pretty football and finish 6th and it’s a success. 

Steve Clarke is the blueprint, imagine him coming into this Hearts now with this squad, we need someone like that not Stephen Robinson ffs!

Lets actually look for what we need then go get it not some flash in the pan who can get Motherwell 7th in the league!

Good Post. 

We are a huge club who should be going for a top manager to really kick us on. 

We have the stadium, the fans and are a very attractive proposition to any manager who is hungry and ambitious. 

Cathro and Levein have been disasters so let's get someone who knows how to use the tools that are sitting their waiting to be used. (don't mean the players are tools BTW 😀). 

To attract that type of manager I think Levein will need to leave the club completely. 

9 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You see, this is exactly the sort of thing I'm worried about. the idea that it doesn't matter who we bring in, as long as it isn't Levein. I was careful not to say "no risk", because I agree that that is impossible. "Low risk" would be doing our research and taking every factor in to account before appointing someone with a proven track record.

26 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

More than likely bullshit AB will still have silver tongue Levein in her ear saying I can fix this !

this time last year Robinson was playing the same brutal game as us. That 1-0 victory in December was brutal. Not long after this Robinson threw the young lads in & the rest is history !

The big difference is that he made a conscious decision to change the style of play, ...and it worked. CL will not deviate from the only style he knows because he is too stubborn and arrogant to admit he is wrong.

1 hour ago, GenovaHearts said:

I can see the attraction certainly for Robinson to come to Hearts but realistically Motherwell would be looking at a handsome compensation figure and a more attractive option to our board would be someone currently not in a job - step forward Neil McCann. I am not a fan of McCann’s management style and he was shocking at Dundee so surely if we are considering a free agent there has to be better available. I for one would love to see Chris Hughton who I think was treated unfairly at Brighton but would he be prepared to move north at wages well below his norm.

Hughton turned down jobs in Yorkshire because of the distance. Going to Scotland is even more unlikely 

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

People calling for O’neill need to wake up.  Northern Ireland still have a decent chance of qualifying for the Euros he is not going to walk away from that.  

People calling for a big name, but who? I remember the clamour for Steve McLaren previously who fails everywhere he goes.  Why should we accept a failure just because we are in Scotland.

Chris Hughton has been mentioned.  I love that man like a father but his style of football is the complete opposite to what we are calling for.  Again, just because we are a smaller club why accept that.   We won’t get a truly decent top manager as they don’t want to manage in Scotland outside the old firm.  

Should we go lower leagues in England - half the fans will be meh “never heard of him”

Should we go lower leagues/other SPL clubs, again half the fans will say they don’t have the experience or pedigree for us.

So so what people want is a big name, previously successful, ideally ex Hearts man who is willing to come to Hearts.

Whoever we get will never meet all our expectations and so half the fans will be wanting him to fail from the start as per Cathro and Levein.  More toxicity amongst than fans, more people desperately waiting to say I told you so and pushing for some mythical appointment that will never come.

Come on, Northern Ireland do not have a decent chance of qualifying. Need to finish in top 2 of a group with Germany and Holland and already lost at home to Germany. 

Edit - just realised they will very likely make the League of Nations playoffs so ignore above. 

Edited by karipidis

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You see, this is exactly the sort of thing I'm worried about. the idea that it doesn't matter who we bring in, as long as it isn't Levein. I was careful not to say "no risk", because I agree that that is impossible. "Low risk" would be doing our research and taking every factor in to account before appointing someone with a proven track record.

I never said it doesn’t matter who we bring in. I said we should deal with the here and now.

The here and now is we are on the worst run of league results in 145 years and haven’t won a league game in nearly half a calendar year.

Because of the above Levein needs to be removed from the dugout. There is no debate. After that the board will interview and hire who they think fits us best. They are paid to make decisions like that. That will bring risk but that’s life.

Robinson would be interesting i think and if it happens I'd hope everyone would get behind the choice. He'd certainly get us playing a more attractive brand of football anyway. 

Whoever it is though must not be working under Levein. Levein needs to be emptied from any sort of role at the club before a new manager comes in. 

Tinkerman just won't be able to help himself if he reamains at the club in a. Dof/academy role.

Last two seasons I’d say motherwells objectives were to try and break into top 6, which on their budget is unlikely, you have Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Steve Clarke’s Killie. I don’t really want him but he’s done a good job at Motherwell. Who knows if he could handle the pressure at Hearts but he plays with wingers, and gets balls into the box. Something we haven’t done for years.

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I never said it doesn’t matter who we bring in. I said we should deal with the here and now.

The here and now is we are on the worst run of league results in 145 years and haven’t won a league game in nearly half a calendar year.

Because of the above Levein needs to be removed from the dugout. There is no debate. After that the board will interview and hire who they think fits us best. They are paid to make decisions like that. That will bring risk but that’s life.

Correct.

He needs emptied now. Let the board do their job and invite applications and choose the best candidate. The fact he is still in the dug out is incredible. 

GorgieFifeLife

All this second guessing of Robinson or McCann being appointed and coverage of this is only adding to the problems around the club at the moment.  Leading up to a big game on Sunday Budge needs to make her move and let us know what is going on rather than leave us to read media speculation which is being fuelled by her inaction.

15 minutes ago, SpikeDudley said:

Stephen Robinson has achieved what at Motherwell, exactly? I would be very underwhelmed if this were to happen.

He's achieved about as much as Levein has on a much smaller budget. One of the lowest in the league.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You sound a very angry man you absolute zoomer.

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

All this second guessing of Robinson or McCann being appointed and coverage of this is only adding to the problems around the club at the moment.  Leading up to a big game on Sunday Budge needs to make her move and let us know what is going on rather than leave us to read media speculation which is being fuelled by her inaction.

We can only guess but i’d be surprised if she hasn’t said to him that he is to get more time. She hasn’t spoken so it is a guess but his latest interviews don’t sound like he is ready to go anywhere.

It’s all pretty depressing.

Glamorgan Jambo

Suspect this article is Robinson's way of saying come and get me. Personally I don't think it will be a good fit and I'm fairly sure we won't be stumping up compo for an under contract manager. 

Am I correct in saying the last manager we got from Motherwell was Tommy McLean?? 

5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

It may be that Mrs Budge has started her move by planting a seed in Stephen Robinson’s head through an off the record word to The Sun.

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Boab said:

We can only guess but i’d be surprised if she hasn’t said to him that he is to get more time. She hasn’t spoken so it is a guess but his latest interviews don’t sound like he is ready to go anywhere.

It’s all pretty depressing.

She is treating us with utter contempt with her silence.  I still cant believe he could possibly be in the dugout on Sunday, it's difficult to understand the thinking of the board.  He is finished whether he gets a result or not and she is going to find herself under severe pressure.

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, S Form said:

It may be that Mrs Budge has started her move by planting a seed in Stephen Robinson’s head through an off the record word to The Sun.

I doubt it but you never know.  More likely someone further down the food chain talking.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You sound a very angry man you absolute zoomer.

I wouldn't say so. A lot of truth in there. 

McGlynn Locke Neilson Cathro Levein all slaughtered on JKB

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Suspect this article is Robinson's way of saying come and get me. Personally I don't think it will be a good fit and I'm fairly sure we won't be stumping up compo for an under contract manager. 

Am I correct in saying the last manager we got from Motherwell was Tommy McLean?? 

Yes he was.

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I wouldn't say so. A lot of truth in there. 

McGlynn Locke Neilson Cathro Levein all slaughtered on JKB

And rightly so 

Selkirkhmfc1874
17 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

What makes you think that ? There's not a single quote from robinson or hearts 

1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

Neil Warnock would be available next season as he is seeing out his last year at Cardiff, was in the press a week or two ago saying he would love to manage one of the Edinburgh clubs.

We could put in a caretaker manager until the end of the season.

Warnock would be up for it, right up until the point where we discuss wages.

11 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

David Moyes.Really guy would probably be looking for a million a year minimum.Baffled how he keeps getting mentioned

Could well be desperate to just get back into management more than the money. He must be minted anyway from all the pay-offs he's had. Definitely one of my preferred options but doubt he would be interested in us.

Edited by CostaJambo

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Their last three games are Netherlands twice and Germany away. Close to zero chance of qualification. 

But not zero chance so we wait till late November hoping NI lose some qualifiers and that we can then persuade him to leave, something the National job couldn’t, based heavily on the fact he lives in Edinburgh.  Hardly strategic stuff is it.  

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

:cornette:

Every post of yours is attacking our fans these days. It's boring, and already been done to laborious effect by other posters.

Because right now the relentless negativity over every possible future appointment is doing my head in and I feel like criticising it.  

Glamorgan Jambo
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What makes you think that ? There's not a single quote from robinson or hearts 

Because it's only in one outlet and it's not one of those commonly used by HMFC. So it's come from somewhere and of course there are no quotes from an under contract Robinson. 

Just a guess on my part. Nothing more. 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

None of the names being talked about exite me to be honest.  O'Neil is a complete non-starter on several levels - if the Scottish National team can't get him we have zero chance.

Robinson gets a few good results but several bad ones and I don't think he can take us to a consistent top 3/4 position and challenge in the cups.

Neil McCann has a poor record in management and seems to prefer TV and journalism work and is less qualified than Robinson.

I can't think of anyone else right now that is good enough to take us forward that we could afford.

Not saying he’s necessarily better but Holt at livi seems to be doing a decent job. Maybe worth considering?

25 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Crossed my mind too 

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Warnock would be up for it, right up until the point where we discuss wages.

Or told that everything he does has to be run past the DOF.