Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Boab

• Bull's-eye

• Sagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

In fairness, he also took them to two cup finals, which is one more than Levein has ever taken us.

Can people make their mind up what is ****ing important - the league or the cups? The cups aren’t important when Levein does well in them. The league isn’t as important when his potential replacement has done one game better than Levein by getting to 2 finals.

**** sake Hearts fans have caught ‘the people of the UK have gone ****ing bonkers’ disease.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

David Moyes.Really guy would probably be looking for a million a year minimum.Baffled how he keeps getting mentioned

I don’t want him but he’s been out a job for how long now? 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

McCann had discussions in the summer in regards to a plan moving forward

Yep, Will Levein leaving his position as manager really improve our situation that much? I'm not so sure. 

8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

What the **** have Motherwell done under him? 

7th and 8th?

**** sake people - engage your brains. Robinson is shite.

Sorry, are you disagreeing that we could do worse? Seriously?

Just now, Jammy T said:

7th and 8th?

**** sake people - engage your brains. Robinson is shite.

A bit of a simplistic view tbf.

Robinson has reached two cup finals and rebuilt Motherwell season on season on a tiny budget in comparison to ours after losing key players, as well as developing youngsters. They are currently 3rd.

We won’t get a manager who has won a plethora of Trophies. Folk are calling for Davie Moyes, what’s he done?

Sometimes you need to see the potential and ask if a guy can step up a level. 

Jim Jefferies before Hearts had Falkirk promotion then relegation before promotion again, and he’s the 2nd greatest manager we’ve had in any Hearts supporters lifetime. He stepped up and met expectations. 

Perhaps Robinson could do the same? 

8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Can people make their mind up what is ****ing important - the league or the cups? The cups aren’t important when Levein does well in them. The league isn’t as important when his potential replacement has done one game better than Levein by getting to 2 finals.

**** sake Hearts fans have caught ‘the people of the UK have gone ****ing bonkers’ disease.

🤣 Robinson has managed 2 cup finals in what, 3 years as manager of Motherwell. Two in one season, which is a no bad feat for any club outwith the OF.

Motherwell also coped with quite a bad injury list last season. He's also coping quite well without his supposed best player this season. 

I'm not saying he'd be my choice but I don't think he'd be the worst, if we're looking at options from our league.

Edited by neilnunb

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Different people have different opinions.

Maybe you should consider that before working yourself into a frenzy once again?

I consider the League to be priority, others the cups. 

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣 Robinson has managed 2 cup finals in what, 3 years as manager of Motherwell. Two in one season, which is a no bad feat for any club outwith the OF.

Motherwell also coped with quite a bad injury list last season. He's also coping quite well without his supposed best player this season. 

I'm not saying he'd be my choice but I don't think he'd be the worst, if we're looking at options from our league.

It's also a realistic choice.State we are in though would he be able to come in and make an impact right away cause that's what we need.

Edited by vegas-voss

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Will be a female imo. She will want to be the first. It is the Budge way.

:laugh:

27 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Neil McCann would have been suffice mate. Got previous with him? Scottish cup winner and all that.......

No nothing against him as a player or a person. Shite manager though.

annushorribilis III
22 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

7th and 8th?

**** sake people - engage your brains. Robinson is shite*.

That'll be one place & two places respectively behind a team with a much larger budget who are in desperate need of a new manager/head coach.

Right now 7th place looks like a reality for Hearts under the current regime. 

But you rant away. 

*As are your posts on this thread. 

I think Steven Robinson would be my choice if we are restricted to Scottish based options.

He's got Motherwell playing good football and is not afraid to give young players their chance. I also like his enthusiasm watching  him on Saturday never off his feet coaxing cajoling  and kicking every ball in sympathy with his players.  He strikes me as a real enthusiast and his energy rubs of on his players. 

He was also very complimentary about Tynecastle and the fans almost as if he was fishing.

If we are looking for someone within our salary range he is our man imo.

We better be quick though as the Easter Road mob will be looking for a manager as well.

It's all very well wanting folk from outside Scotland but even mediocre English lower leagues can pay much more than we can afford. Even total duds are earning more than we can afford to pay.

the Motherwell model is youth and short term deals, give guys a platform and move them on/don't stand in their way. Has served them pretty well but they are a side that will be skirting with relegation most seasons. Robinson has done well though. I think he could step up, 

Edited by JackLadd

SomethingAboutObua

People talk about Robinson at Motherwell like he’s on the smallest budget in the league. He’s got the same budget as 6 other teams in the league and finishes...dundundun...in the bottom 6. He’s got a higher budget certainly than Livi, Accies, St Johnstone and Ross County, so I don’t get why people think he’s going to be massively special for us. If all we’re aiming for is cups and European qualification through cups and saying eff it (I don’t know what kickbacks sweering policy is) to the league then yeah, eff it let’s have him. 

Would he be better than Levein? Absolutely yes. But I think we could find someone a lot better for the cups AND the league, unless people think we’ll be strapped for cash in the manager hunt? (Genuine question) 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Not for me. He has done a good job at Motherwell but would like to see us set our sights higher. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

It is a no from me. I want a manager who is a winner. 

28 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Robinson? No thanks. Should be aiming a lot higher. 

Ok... so within budget and somebody that’s actually realistic. You guys tell me who your choices are because for me Stephen Robinson, is a reasonable option certainly far better than Levein, that’s fo sure.

2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

People talk about Robinson at Motherwell like he’s on the smallest budget in the league. He’s got the same budget as 6 other teams in the league and finishes...dundundun...in the bottom 6. He’s got a higher budget certainly than Livi, Accies, St Johnstone and Ross County, so I don’t get why people think he’s going to be massively special for us. If all we’re aiming for is cups and European qualification through cups and saying eff it (I don’t know what kickbacks sweering policy is) to the league then yeah, eff it let’s have him. 

Would he be better than Levein? Absolutely yes. But I think we could find someone a lot better for the cups AND the league, unless people think we’ll be strapped for cash in the manager hunt? (Genuine question) 

I'm positive we could look for better, as to who, we'll let the club do the searching. 

30 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

I’d take anyone over Levein - nearly our worst manager in our history

It's imperative that we get it right this time though! 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Stephen Robinson shows a lack of ambition. He's hardly cheap as well as Motherwell would require compensation.

However, it might at least show that someone else is making a "football decision".

rudi must stay

I like him. He's doing great things at Motherwell, as for people wanting a winner. That's what he has turned them into, regularly in big matches, regularly winning at Easter Road (now at Tynecastle) and giving the Old Firm good games. He has build a much stronger Motherwell by signing well and setting good standards. Hes not my favourite guy from some of his comments, but you know what he's a good manager and I think would be an excellent choice.

Edited by rudi must stay

It's funny how people want the last manager that beat us . Was the same last season as well .... didn't we beat motherwell in the cup like 3 games ago ... and folk think he would be good for Hearts based on his cup record and he plays youth ...... I know someone else like that 

I think he would be a decent choice. Knows the league, understands the market we would be shopping in and has a good history of bringing young players through. I would much rather have a manager on an upward trajectory than an older manager trying to salvage their career. Robinson and Lasley look a good combination and they would clearout the deadwood on the coaching side.

If not someone like Robinson what do people want? Certainly no one who has an association with the club, they are damaged goods or just patently shite. And if you are thinking about someone like a Moyes for instance, what would they know about the league or shopping in the market our wage bill allows. He would also cost a fortune.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

19 trophies as a player. He knows the score.

Won nothing as a manager though, so doesn't know the score on that front.  Anyway, there's no way he'd come to Hearts, and no way I'd want him to.

ToadKiller Dog

First I checked to see if Motherwell were playing one of the Uglies this weekend ,but they ain't. 

While i have real doubts over this story

I would be ok with him ,seems ambitious and positive in the type of football he wants somthing Levein has lost .

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Me too. Do you have a suggestion?

Well, how about we review the hundred CVs we receive and go through the full recuitment process this time and see what we have? Dare I say it we can hire the best person for the job based on CV, reputation, references and interview?

1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Gut reaction is meh but he's actually got a higher win percentage as Motherwell manager than CL has second time round. 

It is like a maggot bragging he has a bigger penis than another maggot.

Edited by i8hibsh

I'm confused now.  I know about succession planning.  Used to be involved in it in a former career.  Surely though it's taking things a step too far to line up Robinson to replace McCann

Stephen Robinson would be a realistic choice and has also experience of scottish football would be less risky than an unknown failure from down south we only 

have to look what’s happened across the city

40 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Surely that is our model too?

Except we frequently move them on and don't get any cash in!

Right now we need to be organised, trained better, have a game plan or even 2 and maybe just a tad fitter!!!!

Yeah, but their player turnover is still less and they don't carry many long >2 years contracts like Hearts. 

Not the worst option, but we should be able to appoint better, if we really want to.   The desire needs to be there, though, to either advertise, or look, and then appoint. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Well, how about we review the hundred CVs we receive and go through the full recuitment process this time and see what we have? Dare I say it we can hire the best person for the job based on CV, reputation, references and interview?

Totally agree ! Appoint best candidate that wants job and there will be loads wanting the job  

6 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Would cost a bomb and hadn't really done much at any club he has been at.He is great at falling out with folk though

We should not be thinking about using military ordnance as a means of currency to employ angry native Irishmen from the south. You don’t  know where this bomb could end up!

Wouldn’t have RK if he was giving his services for free! 

Could do worse that Robinson, but I’m in the same boat and feel a club of our stature should be aiming much higher.

As for Neil McCann? I rather stick with Levein to be honest!

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

If we were to get Robinson, and that’s a big IF, would we get Craigan also?

just saying like 😩😩😡😡

Don't think Craigan is at Motherwell these days.

Robinson did help Northern Ireland at Euro 16 though so probably knows McPhee quite well.

13 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

If we were to get Robinson, and that’s a big IF, would we get Craigan also?

just saying like 😩😩😡😡

I think Keith Lasley is No.2 there. 

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Stephen Robinson shows a lack of ambition. He's hardly cheap as well as Motherwell would require compensation.

However, it might at least show that someone else is making a "football decision".

When Well were 3-1 up he was still on the touch line screaming instructions to push on for more.  Doesn’t feel like a lack of ambition.  

The guy comes across as a winner.  I like him.

The only good thing for me about somebody like Robinson(I’d rather not him by the way) is the kind of character he is wouldn’t tolerate influence from above.

which is why this would be a non starter imo 

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Why? It is shite right enough but no more than others. But bans?

:facepalm:

Nobody was asking for bans a few days ago when it was posting a story they agreed with. 

I cant even remember the story but do remember thinking how hypocritical it was. 

8 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He was a shoe in during the summer as well apparently and look how that turned out.

The worrying thing is his name keeps popping up! Hope it’s nonsense again.