Hearts eye Stephen Robinson to replace Levein

afanderson33

Aitor Karanka would be my choice. Has no connection to the club so starts with a clean slate, has English Championship experience & la liga as a assistant, possibly has contacts in spain for young players. Wages may be a problem but can only try.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Boab

• Bull's-eye

• Sagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Well, how about we review the hundred CVs we receive and go through the full recuitment process this time and see what we have? Dare I say it we can hire the best person for the job based on CV, reputation, references and interview?

You would think that’s how a shrewd businesswoman like Ann would appoint employees wouldn’t you. 

But no all she will do is ask Craig what he wants to do!!!

If we appoint MCCann we are screwed and I believe there is a real possibility we will be in a relegation fight. 

I really hope there is truth in the Robinson rumour but can’t see it. 

Edited by rick witter

Wouldn't be my first choice but if the budget is limited then it might be worth the chance. Him or possibly Gary Holt. What I like about Robinson is that he seems to lose a lot of players but manages to recruit well. Thought Seedorf for example was excellent on Saturday and their defence seems fairly solid. With a bigger budget that he currently has I'd be interested to see who he'd bring in

I also like how even when they were 3-1 up he was still barking at his players. Compare that to the other dug-out where our manager sat on his arse when they went 2-0 up. As I said, not my first choice but something that could be quite interesting.

7 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

You reckon because he was a good winger he'd be a good manager?

Dundee suggests otherwise.

It’s like saying that because Budge was a successful business woman she’d know how to run a football team and not alienate the supporters. Crap

brunoatemyhamster
8 hours ago, Mort said:

That article is completely made up. 

I also believe there should be a ban on posting links to that particular rag.

Bang on. 

If people do have to visit the site, copy and paste the article for the lads maybe? 

The traffic it directs their way is the same as buying the rags in the shop. 

7 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Aitor Karanka would be my choice. Has no connection to the club so starts with a clean slate, has English Championship experience & la liga as a assistant, possibly has contacts in spain for young players. Wages may be a problem but can only try.

Yep. Or someone in that mould.

Robinson doesn’t do anything for me.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Gut reaction is meh but he's actually got a higher win percentage as Motherwell manager than CL has second time round. 

Don't understand this - didn’t we finish above them in the league both seasons?

Should be aiming higher - we have a squad full of good players, a lot who have played for their countries. 

I'd be disappointed with Robinson. 

15 minutes ago, rick witter said:

You would think that’s how a shrewd businesswoman like Ann would appoint employees wouldn’t you. 

But no all she will do is ask Craig what he wants to do!!!

If we appoint MCCann we are screwed and I believe there is a real possibility we will be in a relegation fight. 

I really hope there is truth in the Robinson rumour but can’t see it. 

“Shrewd businesswoman”.

Now there is a phrase that has quietly been put out to pasture on here. 

🤔

Side issue but I really hate how tabloid papers speculate on a manager's replacements before the manager has even left. Happens down south all the time and just seems really disrespectful.

Probably bullshit, but I have to say; neither Robinson or McCann would convince me that we had made the right decision to bring a new man in. We need a manager who will immediately be respected by the players, who’s got a record that cannot be argued with. 

Raymond Reddington

Robinson would be my choice. Not afraid to play youth players. Has gotten to two cup finals with motherwell which is some achievement. Has had to rebuild his team each year which can't be easy. Would hopefully be able to build a team that could challenge for cups. 

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, sadj said:

That has to be 3 or 4 times you’ve said that today 🤨

It might it might not , they played decent football but were poor at the back and couldn’t put it in the net with their nice play so....more of the same. His budget wasn’t a huge amount lower than ours would of been 6th in the league a DoF above him may work well. 

It just seems like the easy way out, and I don't think Levein remaining as DOF is the way to go. 

8 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

A bit of a simplistic view tbf.

Robinson has reached two cup finals and rebuilt Motherwell season on season on a tiny budget in comparison to ours after losing key players, as well as developing youngsters. They are currently 3rd.

We won’t get a manager who has won a plethora of Trophies. Folk are calling for Davie Moyes, what’s he done?

Sometimes you need to see the potential and ask if a guy can step up a level. 

Jim Jefferies before Hearts had Falkirk promotion then relegation before promotion again, and he’s the 2nd greatest manager we’ve had in any Hearts supporters lifetime. He stepped up and met expectations. 

Perhaps Robinson could do the same? 

I'd much rather have a Manager on an upward curve like Stephen Robinson than a yesterday's man like David Moyes.

NaturalOrder74

One last win over hibs for craig and then he should leave us with that, for the record Id rather have someone else in for the derby but I think that would be a nice way for him to go 

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I'd much rather have a Manager on an upward curve like Stephen Robinson than a yesterday's man like David Moyes.

Agreed. Hopefully he’s got the desire to get to the top. 

21 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Robinson would be my choice. Not afraid to play youth players. Has gotten to two cup finals with motherwell which is some achievement. Has had to rebuild his team each year which can't be easy. Would hopefully be able to build a team that could challenge for cups. 

Hmmm... Challenging for cups is the only thing we managed last season tbh. I don't really see any of his achievements as being particularly better than what we are doing currently.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hmmm... Challenging for cups is the only thing we managed last season tbh. I don't really see any of his achievements as being particularly better than what we are doing currently.

Being 8 places ahead of us right now is a bit better !

I honestly think fans are so messed up by the ‘Levein Year’s’ that any half decent manager mentioned will be met people trying to justify how great they’d be.

This is Hearts we’re the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with a fan base desperate for success that can turn a home game into a miserable experience for our own team when things are going wrong. We have a squad full of internationals and seasoned pros we need a manger who can deal with that, someone who can take that squad a focus them, find a style that suits and win games. Make tynecastle a fortress again.

The step up from Motherwell to Hearts is massive, Robinson can play pretty football and finish 6th and it’s a success. 

Steve Clarke is the blueprint, imagine him coming into this Hearts now with this squad, we need someone like that not Stephen Robinson ffs!

Lets actually look for what we need then go get it not some flash in the pan who can get Motherwell 7th in the league!

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ann Budge will announce a world wide search which will result in a plethora of applicants. She will mull over the applicants for 6 weeks then appoint Austin........with Levein still pulling the strings from the comfort of his DoF leather arm stair.

This sent shivers up my spine. Horrific!

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Regardless of what he challenged for he’s done well with a poor squad. That’s pretty much how we’ve recruited in the past, going for managers with lesser clubs such as JJ, CL the first time...Tommy McLean 😢

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Being 8 places ahead of us right now is a bit better !

Since November 2018, Robinson's Motherwell have picked up 56 points in the League as against Hearts' 28!!!!

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Any inside info or just a hunch?

Former, unless he is great poker player or contact made in last week or so. 

Edited by soonbe110

Just now, David McCaig said:

Since November 2018, Robinson's Motherwell have picked up 56 points in the League as against Hearts' 28!!!!

Exactly double. I’d say better, David.

For anybody saying managers down south may be able to do a job , just look at the car crash across the city to see how that’s going.

Heckingbottom would be our salary level type as well. No thanks.

in my opinion we need (above all else) someone who knows the game here and is ambitious and hungry.

Robinson ticks every realistic box.

He will cost a bit in compo but that’s the price to pay when your having to replace the (joint) worst manager in HMFCs history 

9 hours ago, lou said:

I am hearing Neil McCanns name frequently at the moment as being a shoe in to be announced

Probably cause Levein will go back upstairs and he would except that 

If that’s the case it’s not good enough Levein needs removed 100% from this club 

50 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Am I missing something or, don’t we currently have a manager who won’t go?

He will go as manager if he is told.

Wouldn’t be disappointed if this were true. 

Robinson has relatively quickly improved Motherwell from a league perspective. 

They score goals and don’t concede a lot. They play good football and have done well in cup competitions.

They have picked up exactly double the amount of points that we have since October last year. On a fraction of our budget. No matter how you look at those stats, they are impressive. 

Plus, he knows this league inside out, which would only bode well. 

Robinson would be a great choice in my opinion. Anybody that watched Motherwell on Saturday could see they looked fit, everyone knew their job, pressed us for 90 mins and attacked and defended in numbers. The guy knows the league and seems to pick up gems from the lower leagues season after season. Motherwell have also got one of the best youth academies in the league.

I just can't see Levein leaving the club completely and in that case I don't think Robinson would be up for working with him but you never know.

McCann seems the more likely scenario should levein go back upstairs. 

1 minute ago, MTS1874 said:

Robinson would be a great choice in my opinion. Anybody that watched Motherwell on Saturday could see they looked fit, everyone knew their job, pressed us for 90 mins and attacked and defended in numbers. The guy knows the league and seems to pick up gems from the lower leagues season after season. Motherwell have also got one of the best youth academies in the league.

100%. However, I'm not entirely convinced he would take the job. 

15 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Hope levein reads that.

6 minutes ago, ford donald said:

He will go as manager if he is told.

But who is going to tell him to go???

Not Budge it would seem!

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

This. And doing it all without his Star player Turnbull. Unlike our one man show

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Still learning English, last I heard.

17 minutes ago, Boab said:

President of Parma now.

I’d wager not, bud !

Remember Lothian Matthaus was also being branded about. Claudia Raniera as well.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Probably cause Levein will go back upstairs and he would except that 

If that’s the case it’s not good enough Levein needs removed 100% from this club 

Agreed.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hope levein reads that.

Levein would argue we’ve played a lot more top 6 sides in that time as if that makes our pitiful points total acceptable.  Fact is, we’ve struggled whoever we’ve played bar the odd glitch (decent performance/result).