Hearts eye Stephen Robinson to replace Levein

afanderson33

23 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think he could do a better job as he would have far superior resources at Hearts.

From the top of the club to the bottom.

An opinion you don’t share...fair enough.

Not saying this is good or bad but I also think he could slot into our existing structure. Maybe not change everything. Presumably has an assistant but would expect likes of Andy Kirk, John Rankin to remain. 

I do think Craig could stay on in some capacity to work alongside Ann Budge for 2 year handover to new people but that Austin MacPhee could be the favoured candidate for Director of Football. 

His commitment to youth albeit that was a bit of desperation initially it seemed after he had offered to resign because of bad results.

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Boab

• Bull's-eye

• Sagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Dont ever accuse me of talking sense, the unofficial moderators will all be on your case with all manner of snidey comments, gifs, memes etc. Clare has moved up to public enemy number 1 on the park since Djoum left, funnily enough he also gets moved around everywhere bar his best position (which we saw for 30 minutes against Hamilton). 

Aye but it’s no the managers job to play the players in their best position.....

43 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

There are seven league C/D countries still in with a chance of qualifying directly so it isn’t a shoe-in by any means. If five of them make it NI don’t. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

He'd get more time while the man-babies all blame Levein, exactly like they blamed Cathro before Levein. 

Hearts supporters aren't exactly the brightest bunch on here. Real life is better.

In 'real life' practically on one wants Levein in charge either.

I doubt you're very bright yourself.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

When you say rhetorical, by that I take it that you mean that those comments wouldn't stand up to some scrutiny?

Look it up in the dictionary. 

10 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

He'd get more time while the man-babies all blame Levein, exactly like they blamed Cathro before Levein. 

Hearts supporters aren't exactly the brightest bunch on here. Real life is better.

So Cathro was goodas well and it was only man babies blaming him and levein that have derailed hearts? 

Has there ever been a bad hearts manager or is it just all down to man babies?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Aye but it’s no the managers job to play the players in their best position.....

In every position it would seem 🤷🏾‍♂️

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Boab said:

Two finals in his first full season tells me he has something.

It was some achievement, but unfortunately many crap managers have got to finals and even won them.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

In 'real life' practically on one wants Levein in charge either.

I doubt you're very bright yourself.

I think this applies in this instance for Noah 

• “It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.” ...

Brighton Jambo
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

There are seven league C/D countries still in with a chance of qualifying directly so it isn’t a shoe-in by any means. If five of them make it NI don’t. 

Well the view in the paper is that they are almost certain to make it but clearly you have done more research than the Belfast Telegraph so know better.  Why don’t we agree to just wait and see because I can’t be bothered arguing over a hypothetical.  

I agree with all on here that things need to improve drastically and quickly. Even at this stage in the season I would suggest that top 3 has gone for us. Craig's job is on the line and rightly so but I think that he should be given time with our injury prone side. The players seem to be behind him for now, and remember Macphee might not stay if Levein does go. So what are the alternatives. I will admit that this is 3rd hand info (Friend of a friend, who is usually not too far from right). Hearts have  had talks with ICT about John Robertson. I have no idea about reliability, other than what has been told to me. Personally, I dont think JR is what we really need right now. A fan favourite no doubt, but I think we need someone with a proven record at the level we are aiming for, ie top 3.. our current squad is capable of that and with some additions probably higher than third. I would welcome both Robertson and/or Neilson. OR how about promotion for Austin Macphee even Naismith as Player manager along with Berra. What is clear is that we need to aim high and if this means paying a bit more to get what we need so be it

32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Is that not the same as posting nothing but negative? Think you are missing the point of a forum, i.e debate, and that others may disagree with you.

Mind you Boris Johnson is giving that a right good go

Definitely agree. To put the utter failure of the last two years down to injuries and use a favourable cup run as your other plus point is just not worthy of debate. The negative points of his tenure just outweigh any excuse or positive by so much that we are passed the point of discussing whether he is a good manager or not. All in my opinion of course. I also believe the guy is on the wind up up tbh.

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Actually he could do worse than Levein. As he did at Oldham.

What part are you toiling with here?

Our current run is the worst in 145 years.

We haven’t won a league game in almost half a calendar year.

Levein’s time is up. He’s finished. No Hearts manager should preside over such a record and survive.

Whether the man to replace him is Robinson I do not know but one things for sure, Robinson’s record at Oldham is completely irrelevant. Motherwell could easily have put 6 past us on Saturday.

THAT is relevant. To both Levein and Robinson.

Edited by Whatever

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Definitely agree. To put the utter failure of the last two years down to injuries and use a favourable cup run as your other plus point is just not worthy of debate. The negative points of his tenure just outweigh any excuse or positive by so much that we are passed the point of discussing whether he is a good manager or not. All in my opinion of course. I also believe the guy is on the wind up up tbh.

I think you've lost the plot. 

Just now, Spoleto said:

Robinson had a worse record at Oldham than Cathro at Hearts. 

Just saying!

Maybe we were hasty with Cathro. Do you think he would come back?

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

What part are you toiling with here?

Our current run is the worst in 145 years.

We haven’t won a league game in almost half a calendar year.

Levein’s time is up. He’s finished. No Hearts manager should preside over such a record and survive.

Whether the man to replace him is Robinson I do not know but one things for sure, Robinson’s record at Oldham is completely irrelevant. They could easily have put 6 past us on Saturday.

THAT is relevant. To both Levein and Robinson.

What part are YOU toiling with here?

So you are saying that we we should recruit a manager with a worse track record than Ian Cathro?

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Just saying!

I think you’d quite like our current form to continue right through till the end of the season. 

Byyy The Light

Robinson is worth a punt.

Bags of passion, enthusiasm, players seem to play for him and his teams look organised and as if they have a game plan.

In short it looks like he has a clue and it would be interesting to see what he could get out of this bunch of players.

All things Levein doesn’t have or do at the moment. 

Edited by Byyy The Light

Just now, Spoleto said:

What part are YOU toiling with here?

So you are saying that we we should recruit a manager with a worse track record than Ian Cathro?

:cornette:

I’m saying Levein should no longer be our manager.

What was Leveins record at Leicester city?

Seeing as it’s about as relevant as Robinson’s at Oldham.

:cornette:

42 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I'll ask again ....

What is it that makes Robinson a good target for Hearts?

His 21% win rate at Oldham or his inability to finish in the top 6 for Motherwell?

Now can someone PLEASE explain how they think Robinson can do a better job than Levein?

He has accumulated twice as many points for Motherwell since last October than CL has with Hearts.  All this with less money and a poorer squad. 

I’d be keen to find out how well he could do with better players, facilities and a bigger budget. 

42 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I'll ask again ....

What is it that makes Robinson a good target for Hearts?

His 21% win rate at Oldham or his inability to finish in the top 6 for Motherwell?

Now can someone PLEASE explain how they think Robinson can do a better job than Levein?

He has accumulated twice as many points for Motherwell since last October than CL has with Hearts.  All this with less money and a poorer squad. 

I’d be keen to find out how well he could do with better players, facilities and a bigger budget. 

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So Cathro was goodas well and it was only man babies blaming him and levein that have derailed hearts? 

Has there ever been a bad hearts manager or is it just all down to man babies?

Stop being a silly Billy.

The consensus of opinion on here was/is Levein didn't start great because of the mess Cathro left, the next manager after Levein will get plenty time because of the perceived mess that Levein will leave. That's how it works on here. That will be the line trotted out and plenty will lap it up and the next manager will get a stay of execution for a  little while until the man babies get bored and turn and the cycle will repeat itself.

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

The consensus of opinion on here was/is Levein didn't start great because of the mess Cathro left, the next manager after Levein will get plenty time because of the perceived mess that Levein will leave. That's how it works on here. That will be the line trotted out and plenty will lap it up and the next manager will get a stay of execution for a  little while until the man babies get bored and turn and the cycle will repeat itself.

The squad we have should be capable of hitting the ground running and winning games. With not too much being changed.

The 3 home league games together have been a complete shambles. But a few changes could make this a good side. 

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

Unless, the new manager gets the results required for the majority of fans to class him as successful.

Would  that happening  not break your ‘cycle’

if it makes a difference you could still call people man babies.

21 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It's apples and oranges though. 

He's doing better at at Motherwell than Levein is at Hearts. That's surely a more apt indicator.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The squad we have should be capable of hitting the ground running and winning games. With not too much being changed.

The 3 home league games together have been a complete shambles. But a few changes could make this a good side. 

I agree. 

That's why I'd stick with what we have. For now. 

Unless, the new manager gets the results required for the majority of fans to class him as successful.

Would  that happening  not break your ‘cycle’

if it makes a difference you could still call people man babies.

I doubt there's a manager alive that could satisfy the man babies.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:
Hearts Scotland 2017 present 99 41 24 34 41.41

Just saying!

Worst run of league results in 145 years.

No wins in approaching half a calendar year.

Back at ye!

I doubt there's a manager alive that could satisfy the man babies.

Not interested in answering the points I put to you? Would prefer to just say man baby and move on.

11 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Chalk and cheese. 

Motherwell were playing bottom 6. Hearts weren't risking players needed for a Cup Final.

I'd prefer not to risk my club with a manager whose track record is poor at best.

25 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

In his first Managerial job!!!

Robinson is getting better... Levein is plumbing new depths.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Chalk and cheese. 

Motherwell were playing bottom 6. Hearts weren't risking players needed for a Cup Final.

I'd prefer not to risk my club with a manager whose track record is poor at best.

Apart from when we sent an injured Uche out for the 2nd half v Killie, resulting in him missing the Cup Final.

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

It's apples and oranges though. 

He's doing better at at Motherwell than Levein is at Hearts. That's surely a more apt indicator.

Is he?

Where did Motherwell finish last season?

Who are Motherwell playing in the League Cup?

33 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Well the view in the paper is that they are almost certain to make it but clearly you have done more research than the Belfast Telegraph so know better.  Why don’t we agree to just wait and see because I can’t be bothered arguing over a hypothetical.  

Neither can I. Nor the hypothetical question of whether we even have any interest in O’Neill which I suspect we don’t. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

In his first Managerial job!!!

Robinson is getting better... Levein is plumbing new depths.

😂😂😂

Had to laugh at that mis type 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not interested in answering the points I put to you? Would prefer to just say man baby and move on.

No point, you didn't understand my post in the 1st place.

The "cycle" is not an opinion, it's a fact.

There isn't a manager alive that can be as successful as the unrealistic man babies crave for, that is also a fact. 

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Worst run of league results in 145 years.

No wins in approaching half a calendar year.

Back at ye!

Track record over 99 games or track record over 10 league games?

Oooh! I wonder what stats are more relevant?

Back at ye!

Chalk and cheese. 

You asked a question and I responded. 

Motherwell have not been playing bottom 6 teams only since October.  

So, sticking to this season alone. We are bottom of the league with 2 points from 15.  Motherwell are 3rd with 10 points from 15. 

20 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Just saying!

Think Robinson got about 8 months at Oldham and was punted. Not far off Cathro’s time at Hearts, around 8 months. Punted.

I don’t know the circumstances at Oldham but Cathro had to go as he had lost the support and the players.

All about opinions but from what I witnessed on Saturday, the same thing is happening and he’s still here....in his third season, sitting bottom.

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think Keith Lasley is No.2 there. 

I remember he was involved 

wouldnt want the prick anywhere near us

No point, you didn't understand my post in the 1st place.

The "cycle" is not an opinion, it's a fact.

There isn't a manager alive that can be as successful as the unrealistic man babies crave for, that is also a fact. 

I understood your post perfectly. The third paragraph is nowhere near a fact. Fans were happy for varying levels of time with JJ, George Burley, Robbie Neilson, Alex M.

i’ll phrase it differently. If a new manager came in and finished third your ‘cycle’ would be broken. Do you agree or not?

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

You asked a question and I responded. 

Motherwell have not been playing bottom 6 teams only since October.  

So, sticking to this season alone. We are bottom of the league with 2 points from 15.  Motherwell are 3rd with 10 points from 15. 

Are you saying then that you want the next Hearts manager to be installed based on his record in 5 league games?

Track record over 99 games or track record over 10 league games?

Oooh! I wonder what stats are more relevant?

Back at ye!

Bottom of the ****in league. Lucky to have accumulated 2 points.

I couldn’t give a shiny shite about Robinson at Oldham, Levein at Leicester or Cathro at Hearts.

His race is run. Finished. He should be gone. I stated 8 hours ago that Robinson done nothing for me. That doesn’t mean Levein should spend another day in position.

11 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Chalk and cheese. 

Sorry, this has been done on another thread. The bottom six line was brought out to prove a point and backfired because when the post-split fixtures were removed from the table in question, we were third bottom instead of bottom and still 20 odd points behind Motherwell.

Not good enough at all.

I understood your post perfectly. The third paragraph is nowhere near a fact. Fans were happy for varying levels of time with JJ, George Burley, Robbie Neilson, Alex M.

i’ll phrase it differently. If a new manager came in and finished third your ‘cycle’ would be broken. Do you agree or not?

The only name on your illustrious list that wasn't turned on is Burley. 

So, I'll stick with my original point, the cycle will remain.