Hearts eye Stephen Robinson to replace Levein

afanderson33

Shooter McGavin
Just now, wallace_mercer said:

I’d like Robbie Nielsen back please hearts 

Remember when we were 2nd in the league and he got hounded out. What a laugh that was. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Boab

• Bull's-eye

• Sagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Mort said:

That article is completely made up. 

I also believe there should be a ban on posting links to that particular rag.

I agree. I am wondering if anyone had suggested him previously and Sun journos have read it as some sort of scoop. 

Edited by Marvin

11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Paul Hartleys doing well with Cove. 

Compensation would be £50 quid and a bag of balls.

:sadrobbo:

Not sure the criteria should be cheap. Or being a former player for that matter. How about successful with a reasonably sized club?

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe he’d be as good at you in only selecting the stats to suit his own argument. 

Don't you just hate it when facts get in the way of stupidity?

Brighton Jambo
22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pretty close to zero. They will be out within three weeks or so.  However the discussion with him would have to be now, or maybe it’s already taken place. 

Its a great thought but can’t see it happening. He is in an even cushier number than Levein. He is ex-Hibs as well and you know what that means to some of our support. 

As another poster pointed out, which I had missed, is that they are virtually guaranteed to qualify for the playoffs which aren’t resolved till March.   

7 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

I’d like Robbie Nielsen back please hearts 

I don't think Robbie would want to come back after his treatment from the fans.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It was his approach to Derby matches that got on my chebs.

I agree completely that we have gone backwards since he left but that was his choice, I don't believe he was hounded out.

Aye possibly a bit weak willed, jump before I'm pushed, though that was highly unlikely.

Central Belt 1874
33 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

See, I don't get that. I do, in that folk are angry he made a dumb**** statement, but we have gone backwards since he left, not just sideways.

Maybe he wasn't the man for the end game, but honestly didn't think we were in that bad a place when he left.

Timing is everything and Neilsons departure was poorly timed when seeing it from the clubs point of view.

He signed the players in the summer, he had a pretty limited squad in terms of quality imo and walked out on us when Levein and Budge thought he would be there to see out 'The plan'. 

Your right, he never was the man for the end game, but he built a solid foundation from which to build upon, that we never took advantage of.

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

People talk about Robinson at Motherwell like he’s on the smallest budget in the league. He’s got the same budget as 6 other teams in the league and finishes...dundundun...in the bottom 6. He’s got a higher budget certainly than Livi, Accies, St Johnstone and Ross County, so I don’t get why people think he’s going to be massively special for us. If all we’re aiming for is cups and European qualification through cups and saying eff it (I don’t know what kickbacks sweering policy is) to the league then yeah, eff it let’s have him. 

Would he be better than Levein? Absolutely yes. But I think we could find someone a lot better for the cups AND the league, unless people think we’ll be strapped for cash in the manager hunt? (Genuine question) 

3rd bottom in wages actually, he’s a good manager but we can do better no doubt.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/547202/average-annual-first-team-player-salaray-football-clubs-scottish-premiership/

DAC87380-9F2F-4697-BE03-60ACD5BE732D.png

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Maybe Budge could look out Vlads old fax machine and have crack 

The situation just now would drive to crack.

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Yes, of course, Levein is the devil reincarnate. 

It was his fault Hickey was sent off against Aberdeen, he made Clare lose his footing on Saturday and he is responsible for every injury.

Grow up.

Are. You. Mental. 

He is the manager, he is responsible for all of that 🙈🙈

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Are. You. Mental. 

He is the manager, he is responsible for all of that 🙈🙈

No’ really.

41 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Not sure the criteria should be cheap. Or being a former player for that matter. How about successful with a reasonably sized club?

You’ll struggle to find anyone that meets the criteria of “successful” at a club the size of Hearts. Those guys are generally already employed at “reasonably sized clubs” .

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Is he aye :lol: 

He is the manager, he is responsible for everything. He moved Sean Clare into right back, he played Washington even tho he had a tight hammy (same for Smith).........buck stops with him. He’s been getting away with excuse after excuse for 11 months now, the buck stops with him. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You’ll struggle to find anyone that meets the criteria of “successful” at a club the size of Hearts. Those guys are generally already employed at “reasonably sized clubs” .

You can look at the history of non old firm Scottish managers or just Hearts managers.

Many more failures than successes. 

15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He is the manager, he is responsible for everything. He moved Sean Clare into right back, he played Washington even tho he had a tight hammy (same for Smith).........buck stops with him. He’s been getting away with excuse after excuse for 11 months now, the buck stops with him. 

Are you saying he was responsible for the "easy cup draw" last season as well then?

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

11 months, try two years “judge me after two windows” first spell backed Robinson’s move to Murrayfield then blamed it for results in second spell, injuries, the pitch, referees, new stand,the players, hysterical fans etc etc etc. Everything apart from himself, excluding once when he took the blame at Celtic Park for his tactics.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

As another poster pointed out, which I had missed, is that they are virtually guaranteed to qualify for the playoffs which aren’t resolved till March.   

Not sure how they do that? The play-offs are for teams that qualify through the Nations League. NI didn’t do that and need a remarkable set of results to do so. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure how they do that? The play-offs are for teams that qualify through the Nations League. NI didn’t do that and need a remarkable set of results to do so. 

Only teams finishing 1st and 2nd qualify from groups. No play offs for finishing 3rd. Nations League instead produced potential play off teams. 

N.Ireland can only qualify by finishing 1st or 2nd in group OR if 8 nations in their Nations League qualify directly allowing them into Nations League play offs. 

Edited by Mikey1874

13 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Are you saying he was responsible for the "easy cup draw" last season as well then?

Craig Levein is not a good manager. I get you and posters of the opposite viewpoint want to x-ray and drill down into what was his fault and what wasn’t. It doesn’t really matter. The manager carries the can and that’s all there is to it. He was good in his day but his day was over ten years ago,

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

They really don’t. 

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/explained-what-northern-ireland-need-to-do-to-beat-germany-or-the-netherlands-to-euro-2020-qualification-38476230.html

scroll down to point 6.  They are all but guaranteed a playoff spot.  

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Only teams finishing 1st and 2nd qualify from groups. No play offs for finishing 3rd. Nations League instead produced potential play off teams. 

N.Ireland can only qualify by finishing 1st or 2nd in group. 

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/explained-what-northern-ireland-need-to-do-to-beat-germany-or-the-netherlands-to-euro-2020-qualification-38476230.html

that’s not correct see attached, point 6 and follow additional link if required.  

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yeah, fair enough.

Impressive analysis. Complicated!

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Craig Levein is not a good manager. I get you and posters of the opposite viewpoint want to x-ray and drill down into what was his fault and what wasn’t. It doesn’t really matter. The manager carries the can and that’s all there is to it. He was good in his day but his day was over ten years ago,

Despite horrendous injuries he finished top 6 last year and took us to a semi and a SC Cup final which we were unlucky not to win.

Just now, Spoleto said:

Despite horrendous injuries he finished top 6 last year and took us to a semi and a SC Cup final which we were unlucky not to win.

Selected facts. I’m not even engaging with you if your only going to post positive things about CL. It’s not so much an alternative view as just pure shitstirring.

39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You can look at the history of non old firm Scottish managers or just Hearts managers.

Many more failures than successes. 

Yep. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Doddie and Jardine, JJ were unproven, Neilson was unproven. Tommy MacLean was a success at Motherwell and he was shite. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I was a CL defender even during the league cup groups games this season using much of the rationale you cite above.

But the level of performance, the team selections and the points return from Ross county, Hamilton and Motherwell at home when everyone knew the last two were the very definition of must win has convinced me it’s time he must go. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Selected facts. I’m not even engaging with you if your only going to post positive things about CL. It’s not so much an alternative view as just pure shitstirring.

So you won't engage with me because I quote facts and have an alternative view to you, based on factual evidence.

Ok!

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

11 months, try two years “judge me after two windows” first spell backed Robinson’s move to Murrayfield then blamed it for results in second spell, injuries, the pitch, referees, new stand,the players, hysterical fans etc etc etc. Everything apart from himself, excluding once when he took the blame at Celtic Park for his tactics.

Don’t talk sense mate. It’s all Sean Clare’s fault for falling over on Saturday, only reason we lost 🙈

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I was a CL defender even during the league cup groups games this season using much of the rationale you cite above.

But the level of performance, the team selections and the points return from Ross county, Hamilton and Motherwell at home when everyone knew the last two were the very definition of must win has convinced me it’s time he must go. 

I agree with that but add that the LC had me worried even before the League started. I couldn’t see where the improvement would come from. Playing against them should have been a confidence builder as much as anything else.

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I respect your opinion, and I'm not saying that CL shouldn't be held accountable, but I do think he should be given half a season to see what this team can do. 

We've struggled to put the same team out two games running for the better part of a season, NOT because of Levein but because of injuries. 

I think this team can deliver but it's not being helped by the blind negativity of part of the support. So who is to blame? Levein or the support? 

Say we sign Stephen Robinson and he takes 2 points from 15 are we then going to sack him too?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Don’t talk sense mate. It’s all Sean Clare’s fault for falling over on Saturday, only reason we lost 🙈

Dont ever accuse me of talking sense, the unofficial moderators will all be on your case with all manner of snidey comments, gifs, memes etc. Clare has moved up to public enemy number 1 on the park since Djoum left, funnily enough he also gets moved around everywhere bar his best position (which we saw for 30 minutes against Hamilton). 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is that not the same as posting nothing but negative? Think you are missing the point of a forum, i.e debate, and that others may disagree with you.

Mind you Boris Johnson is giving that a right good go

I'll ask again ....

What is it that makes Robinson a good target for Hearts?

His 21% win rate at Oldham or his inability to finish in the top 6 for Motherwell?

Now can someone PLEASE explain how they think Robinson can do a better job than Levein?

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

N.Ireland can only qualify by finishing 1st or 2nd in group OR if 8 nations in their Nations League qualify directly allowing them into Nations League play offs. 

Thanks, think that’s what I said in previous post. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I respect your opinion, and I'm not saying that CL shouldn't be held accountable, but I do think he should be given half a season to see what this team can do. 

We've struggled to put the same team out two games running for the better part of a season, NOT because of Levein but because of injuries. 

I think this team can deliver but it's not being helped by the blind negativity of part of the support. So who is to blame? Levein or the support? 

Say we sign Stephen Robinson and he takes 2 points from 15 are we then going to sack him too?

He’s shown what he can do in the last two years.

Is it not his fault he signed injury prone players? 

Is it not his fault he has played Uche/Souttar/Naismith/Haring/Morrison/Smith and now Washington when they weren’t fit and subsequently missed games? Is it not his fault that he’s overseen every single outfield player bring injured at some point in the last two seasons? These are all rhetorical questions by the way.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

I'll ask again ....

His 21% win rate at Oldham or his inability to finish in the top 6 for Motherwell?

Now can someone PLEASE explain how they think Robinson can do a better job than Levein?

I think he could do a better job as he would have far superior resources at Hearts.

From the top of the club to the bottom.

An opinion you don’t share...fair enough.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s shown what he can do in the last two years.

Is it not his fault he signed injury prone players? 

Is it not his fault he has played Uche/Souttar/Naismith/Haring/Morrison/Smith and now Washington when they weren’t fit and subsequently missed games? Is it not his fault that he’s overseen every single outfield player bring injured at some point in the last two seasons? These are all rhetorical questions by the way.

When you say rhetorical, by that I take it that you mean that those comments wouldn't stand up to some scrutiny?

1 minute ago, Boab said:

I think he could do a better job as he would have far superior resources at Hearts.

Fair comment. I would just rather not see us going on a hunch that things MIGHT be better under a manager with a pretty poor record. We MIGHT be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Surely Hearts deserve better than that?

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m not aiming this at you as I don’t know your views on McCann but you could say the same for him or Paul Hartley who has actually had some success.  Both would benefit from a club with greater resources.

Hartley for me has shown he can be a good manager and gets Hearts.  I see no reason why Robsinson is ahead of him.  Yes Hartley failed in last job but so did Robinson at Oldham.  

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I'll ask again ....

He'd get more time while the man-babies all blame Levein, exactly like they blamed Cathro before Levein. 

Hearts supporters aren't exactly the brightest bunch on here. Real life is better.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Fair comment. I would just rather not see us going on a hunch that things MIGHT be better under a manager with a pretty poor record. We MIGHT be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Surely Hearts deserve better than that?

Two finals in his first full season tells me he has something.

28 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So you won't engage with me because I quote facts and have an alternative view to you, based on factual evidence.

Ok!

Yeah ok. You know you just done it again eh😂😂😂