Levein - stay or go. New poll (15.9.19)

Swanny17

Craig Levein - stay or go poll (15.9.19)  

1,101 members have voted

1. 1. Quite simple really, do you think Craig Levein should remain at the club or not?

• Yes, he should stay in whatever capacity
    • No, he must go and be relieved of all duties

Just now, DarioHMFC said:

I have a question. If, hypothetically, we go on a 15 game unbeaten run winning 12 and drawing 3 who here would still be calling for him to go?

I’m not saying this will happen, I’m just curious for peoples thoughts. 

That is what all struggling managers and their chairmen ponder. Budge and Levein have the option to remove him from all first team duties but keep him in some role and there must be virtually no support for him continuing as manager on the off chance you describe. As many have said they have undone so much of the support they had. Budge will end up in the same category as the pieman if she lets this slide much longer. This team could go down is a more likely scenario than a 15 game unbeaten run.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• JamboAl

• Sagan

• Blacky87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gokuzo_The_Jambo

I don't know if this has been posted already... many topics re: manager. I'm actually not sure if its the right thing to do but after watching that Pish on Saturday....

ITK (cant' reveal source, sorry, too close to home) but a relative of Budge was chatting to a relative of mine and apparently (prior to the Motherwell game) a meeting was held without Levein, the board agreed and they want Levein out but Anne Budge has the final say.

I fully expected a sacking on Saturday night. All the way through the game I questioned why our wingers were pushed so far up front and our central midfield so deep... Motherwell were pressing high, our right and left back pushed back... Our defenders and holding midfielders had nowhere to pass the ball for an hour of the game and it never changed until subs were made... Many tweets about "hearts playing without a midfield" followed from pundits etc. Why did he not change that right away...

I said at the start of the season I would never return while he was manager... I was convinced to return... If there was a way to seek a refund then I'd be lining up now. Absolutely disgraceful decisions from Budge, Levein and the rest. Levein should walk so hearts don't have to pay any contract fees upon sacking the *****. A True hearts man would walk after seeing the results and stats for the last year.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I said on another thread that I believe some kind of verbal agreement was made between AB and CL that he had a job for life as long as she was in charge. That could be the stumbling block and that form of agreement is bad business practice. Club above any personal loyalty. Come on Ann he needs removed from post! 

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I said on another thread that I believe some kind of verbal agreement was made between AB and CL that he had a job for life as long as she was in charge. That could be the stumbling block and that form of agreement is bad business practice. Club above any personal loyalty. Come on Ann he needs removed from post! 

So you don't know, have no inside knowledge but you 'believe' there is an agreement

You have no basis for that but still spout on

I 'believe' you are talking rubbish and my source is equally as good as yours

I'm thinking having Naismith back could make a big difference and wonder if levein is clinging on, hoping that happens. 

I wonder if Berra and Naismith taking over as interim managers could be a good option. Naismith especially seems to be a good motivator and organiser on the park. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

So you don't know, have no inside knowledge but you 'believe' there is an agreement

You have no basis for that but still spout on

I 'believe' you are talking rubbish and my source is equally as good as yours

Nice. I didn't say I had info, I said that is how it looks to me. How else would an individual survive such a long spell of underachieving in the most vital part of a business without being asked to leave. 

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Nice. I didn't say I had info, I said that is how it looks to me. How else would an individual survive such a long spell of underachieving in the most vital part of a business without being asked to leave. 

Really..seems you believe quite clearly..read below

'I said on another thread that I believe some kind of verbal agreement was made between AB and CL'

27 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I have a question. If, hypothetically, we go on a 15 game unbeaten run winning 12 and drawing 3 who here would still be calling for him to go?

He won't. That is called blind belief and what has kept him in the job so long already.

Problems from last season and the one before continue despite a number of new faces - style of play non-existent, struggling to score goals, different players constantly getting similar injuries season after season. Levein has exhausted the fanbase, there is no more good will left.

He has to go, his methods clearly are not working - however he is too arrogant to realise and still thinks he can fix it. He's sucking the life out of the players as well as the stands, he looks a tired mess in his post match interviews, mumbling that he will eventually get a square peg into a round hole. Just **** off already.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Really..seems you believe quite clearly..read below

'I said on another thread that I believe some kind of verbal agreement was made between AB and CL'

We all see things differently and you must think he is being given an extended period for other reasons then?

18 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How can you go from nearly 50% backing him to stay as DOF to 90 per cent wanting him gone in the space of about two weeks? Laughable 

Not really, I thought after last season the writing was on the wall and he should of quietly sneaked back upstairs and brought someone else in.  My judgement was coloured by the fact that had made a reasonable stab at the job first time around, has hearts in his blood and was a Rolls Royce of a player - none of which are compelling reasons in themselves.

I really hoped an accommodation could be found, however his obstinacy and arrogance in the face of an atrocious run of games coupled with a complete recklessness with the cheque book tells me he is fit for neither... What happened to the strategy of developing youth, what happened to the stated intent of reducing the turnover of players?  And while I'm on a roll these injuries are not all unfortunate, they are a by product of a signing policy that is scooping up players at the end of their careers and marrying it with an ineffective training regime.

4 minutes ago, kila said:

He won't. That is called blind belief and what has kept him in the job so long already.

Problems from last season and the one before continue despite a number of new faces - style of play non-existent, struggling to score goals, different players constantly getting similar injuries season after season. Levein has exhausted the fanbase, there is no more good will left.

He has to go, his methods clearly are not working - however he is too arrogant to realise and still thinks he can fix it. He's sucking the life out of the players as well as the stands, he looks a tired mess in his post match interviews, mumbling that he will eventually get a square peg into a round hole. Just **** off already.

I agree we won’t go on a run and I also agree he needs to go BUT my question was what if.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
59 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

He needs to **** off, now. 

36 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I'm thinking having Naismith back could make a big difference and wonder if levein is clinging on, hoping that happens. 

I wonder if Berra and Naismith taking over as interim managers could be a good option. Naismith especially seems to be a good motivator and organiser on the park. 

Better than having Levein and Macphee. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Well, I'm not interested in your hypothetical situations. He needs punted, today. 

Apologies if posted elsewhere. In comparison even Gary Locke gained 7 points out his first 15 at the start of Season 13/14. And when you think of the turmoil we were in then having just gone in to admin. I'm not suggesting Gary for manager but it is another glaring example of how bad Craig has been for us as manager.

I actually feel more angry this afternoon that he’s still here than I did on Saturday night. Usually, I just accept that he’ll carry on and just think about the next matchbut it’s actually outrageous that’s Craig Levein is still the Manager.

53 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We all see things differently and you must think he is being given an extended period for other reasons then?

He hasn't got a clue. And that was his point - neither do you :D

He has not been the same since his health scare last year, I think he seems to be too calm. Which is good for his health but as a manager he was always fiery and a bit aggressive. 

I would like to see him take on the head of academy role or something to keep him linked to the club but i do not want him in the dugout or as dof anymore.  

24 minutes ago, alanjambo said:

I actually feel more angry this afternoon that he’s still here than I did on Saturday night. Usually, I just accept that he’ll carry on and just think about the next matchbut it’s actually outrageous that’s Craig Levein is still the Manager.

Me too. 

2 minutes ago, gov said:

He has not been the same since his health scare last year, I think he seems to be too calm. Which is good for his health but as a manager he was always fiery and a bit aggressive. 

I would like to see him take on the head of academy role or something to keep him linked to the club but i do not want him in the dugout or as dof anymore.  

I've said this before. 

Is he on meds? He does seem far to relaxed about everything. 

I imagine players used to be sh1te scared of going in at half time during a poor performance. Now it'll all be Austin and Daly giving them pep talks. We'll that's how I see it. 

1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

It doesn't change a thing. He needs to go. What happens if after that run we then lose 5 in a row? The discontent starts again.

He has lost the support and once that happens you're a goner. 

Anything else now is just delaying the inevitable and hampering our season.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Dunks said:

He hasn't got a clue. And that was his point - neither do you :D

That is what everyone tells me and they are right 99% of the time :)

35 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

That is what everyone tells me and they are right 99% of the time :)

You and me both mate :thumbsup:

I'd like him to take a role heading the Academy. We are starting to see the fruits of his labour, building the Academy back from where it was.

I think his time as manager is over at Hearts but I think we will beat Hibs with him in charge.

A DOF role might not be best suited for him anymore after the feeling at the club from the fans. Too many won't accept it.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Utter nonsense. 

Yes he should go, there is debate on a continued role as DoF but to spout fairy stories you heard in Luckies is doing no good. 

F

17 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Imagine you apply for a job.  You get invited for an interview and gladly accept.  You then turn up for the interview and discover that the person interviewing you has just been removed from the position you are interviewing for,  this person interviewing you had the worst performance (joint) in the history of the company.  Instead of sacking him the CEO has decided that he should be your boss and he will be performance managing you if you get the job.

:lol: sounds crazy doesn't it.

:D **** HAHAHA

Edited by OTT

59 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I'd like him to take a role heading the Academy. We are starting to see the fruits of his labour, building the Academy back from where it was.

I think his time as manager is over at Hearts but I think we will beat Hibs with him in charge.

A DOF role might not be best suited for him anymore after the feeling at the club from the fans. Too many won't accept it.

Not looking to start an argument but see when you say about seeing ‘the fruits of his labour’

1) if it’s the fruits of CL’s labour then what is the Academy Managers role? Is it just admin etc?

2) are we bringing through more youngsters since the academy? Doesn’t seem like it.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not looking to start an argument but see when you say about seeing ‘the fruits of his labour’

1) if it’s the fruits of CL’s labour then what is the Academy Managers role? Is it just admin etc?

2) are we bringing through more youngsters since the academy? Doesn’t seem like it.

Who cares? The quality of the youngsters coming through seems consistently high to me. The most impressive thing looking at the best ones - Hickey, Irving, Cochrane and MacDonald - is their composure, maturity, confidence and base technical ability. The academy seems to be doing a lot of things right whoever is in charge.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who cares? The quality of the youngsters coming through seems consistently high to me. The most impressive thing looking at the best ones - Hickey, Irving, Cochrane and MacDonald - is their composure, maturity, confidence and base technical ability. The academy seems to be doing a lot of things right whoever is in charge.

My post was in response to someone saying Levein should be in charge of the academy. If you think it’s going so well you’d be against that move then?

Edited by GinRummy

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Utter nonsense. 

Yes he should go, there is debate on a continued role as DoF but to spout fairy stories you heard in Luckies is doing no good. 

F

If you read the whole thread you would have seen I clarified that by saying it was a theory I had rightly or wrongly ,not something I heard. Just trying to understand why Levein has been given all this extra time when Locke and Cathro were shown the door quicker for poor results of a similar nature to CL. 

4 hours ago, gov said:

Naw, want him removed completely. 

He’s not going this week he’s on hearts tv spouting crap about the derby and how it’s not for faint hearted. Really hope we win but if we get beat he’s got to go. Just hope we show up and put up a good fight and cut out stupid mistakes. Oh and drop Clare he’s just a passenger now

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

My post was in response to someone saying Levein should be in charge of the academy. If you think it’s going so well you’d be against that move then?

I really don't care about the internal structure of things tbh. They're either working or not. Levein is or has been in overall charge of the whole kaboodle so deserves some credit.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I really don't care about the internal structure of things tbh. They're either working or not. Levein is or has been in overall charge of the whole kaboodle so deserves some credit.

Sounds like you are arguing with yourself a wee bit.

The poster I was responding to (Dallas Green) was suggesting Levein should stay on but in the position of Academy Director or manager. I was trying to work out if that’s a viable option and if we are producing more first team players from the youth than we used to.

if you don’t care how the academy is structured and can’t go into detail, or even care how it all works then why respond?

6 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

100%

29 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

He’s not going this week he’s on hearts tv spouting crap about the derby and how it’s not for faint hearted. Really hope we win but if we get beat he’s got to go. Just hope we show up and put up a good fight and cut out stupid mistakes. Oh and drop Clare he’s just a passenger now

I cant see that on hearts tv.