Levein - stay or go. New poll (15.9.19)

Swanny17

Craig Levein - stay or go poll (15.9.19)  

1,101 members have voted

1. 1. Quite simple really, do you think Craig Levein should remain at the club or not?

• Yes, he should stay in whatever capacity
    • No, he must go and be relieved of all duties

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• JamboAl

• Sagan

• Blacky87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, ford donald said:

It worries me the fact people on here voting for him to stay,what planet are they on?

Hibs fans or absolutely deluded fans who can’t see relegation staring us in the face. Also if they are Hearts fans they clearly can’t attend games because it’s not enjoyable 

10 minutes ago, Jambotommy said:

Austin is not the problem at hearts.

Andy Kirk is not the problem at hearts.

Ann is not the problem at hearts. 

I'm sure you can work out the rest...

Ann is turning out to be the problem by not sacking Levein & co. How she can be so out of touch with our support is very sad and unbusinesslike. Time for her to back the fans instead of Levein after all our loyal fans have given her nothing but support.

coatbridgejambo
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen the hearts support as United 😂

I agree. This was CL's plan the whole time.the guy is a fekin genius and should stay in charge for years to come

38 minutes ago, Jambotommy said:

Austin is not the problem at hearts.

Andy Kirk is not the problem at hearts.

Ann is not the problem at hearts. 

I'm sure you can work out the rest...

I disagree. Austin comes across very much as Leveins right hand man and CL seems to talk things through with him during games. Austin also gets involved in team selection as confirmed by CL.

oh and for as long as Ann keeps Craig in a job, she’s a big part of the problem.

Edited by GinRummy

59 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ann is turning out to be the problem by not sacking Levein & co. How she can be so out of touch with our support is very sad and unbusinesslike. Time for her to back the fans instead of Levein after all our loyal fans have given her nothing but support.

I agree about Ann...Just passing on info I was told this morning. 

Imo...she either sacks CL or falls on his sword when the time comes. 👍

Bazzas right boot

Be happy if he was a director or looking after the football set up behind the scenes. 

Should be removed from everything directly involved with the first team if he does go tho. 

3 wins in 20 league games and a team of players who appear lacking in confidence and motivation. They also appear spooked by the current situation 

12th in the league.

Absolutely no sign of results improving anytime soon, just more jam tomorrow.

A strong squad of players who are clearly not showing their best.

Football exists beyond Craig Levein. He needs to be shown the door immediately.

Edited by jambogaza

1 hour ago, Jambotommy said:

Ann is not the problem.

So the head of a company with poor results is completely blameless

:wtf:

5 hours ago, Plank said:

After a few days the polling results will be not far off neck and neck.

Not this time

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Trolling

This.  If he hasn't given any good reason for him staying, I wonder if it's down to revenge.  Sow scoring a last minute winner?

Edited by FruitJuice

Mrs. Budge is probably feeling very awkward right now.  It was just a couple of weeks ago that she gave CL a public vote of confidence and stated that he was doing a great job. It would be embarrassing for both of them if she was now to give him the boot.  So I have a suggestion:

- CL should go on an indefinite leave of absence, fully paid, to allow him to address his health issues.

- Gary Locke should take over as interim first team manager with immediate effect

- The Board should appoint a 3-person recruiting committee (not members of the Board or HMFC management) who will seek candidates and recommend a full-time replacement. Target completion date ... Sept 30.

You're welcome, Ann.

9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Mrs. Budge is probably feeling very awkward right now.  It was just a couple of weeks ago that she gave CL a public vote of confidence and stated that he was doing a great job. It would be embarrassing for both of them if she was now to give him the boot.  So I have a suggestion:

- CL should go on an indefinite leave of absence, fully paid, to allow him to address his health issues.

- Gary Locke should take over as interim first team manager with immediate effect

- The Board should appoint a 3-person recruiting committee (not members of the Board or HMFC management) who will seek candidates and recommend a full-time replacement. Target completion date ... Sept 30.

You're welcome, Ann.

If the answer to this problem is Gary Locke then we're in Chernobyl-levels of shite.

I'd rather have a clanging monkey in the dug-out instead of Locke.

13 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You're welcome, Ann.

Replace Locke with Kirk and you have a deal.

16 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You're welcome, Ann.

It would be more embarrassing if she did what youre suggesting. Wtf.

Generic Username
25 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You're welcome, Ann.

This is some red hot garbage. 

The similarity between now, and the end of Levein's tenure as Scotland boss in 2012 is uncanny, Even the SFA incompetents had the guts  to punt him when it had all gone too badly wrong for far too long.

"Craig Levein pays price with Scotland for failure to win"

"with a record of only three wins from 12 competitive games, perhaps the only surprise is that it took the Scottish Football Association until now to decide that Levein's time was up...Levein had run out of plausible defences for a growing list of failings on his watch...the Tartan Army had grown weary of his inability to produce on-field performances to match his positive and optimistic pronouncements....despite the failure to reach the play-offs, Levein spoke of improvement and stated that Scotland were capable of winning all of their qualifying matches in a World Cup group that featured Belgium, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia and Wales. Alas, that prophecy was to come back to haunt him as dour home draws were garnered against the Serbs and Macedonia...Levein has been closely involved in the SFA's attempt to overhaul Scottish football from top to bottom. While this project may yet prove to be a fruitful one in the long term, Levein's primary task was to return success in the short term, something he was unable to do."

28 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You're welcome, Ann.

I think you've missed a smiley? I hope.

33 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You're welcome, Ann.

:bolt:

58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be happy if he was a director or looking after the football set up behind the scenes. 

Should be removed from everything directly involved with the first team if he does go tho. 

So you’d be happy that he still sits on the board as a director and gets input that way?

Adam_the_legend

55 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You're welcome, Ann.

:cornette:

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Mort said:

So you’d be happy that he still sits on the board as a director and gets input that way?

I wouldn't be unhappy. But tbh I'm not going to celebrate whoever IS appointed in this role. it's not my priority right now. 

Right now the 1st team needs fixed. 

Not really caring how it is fixed, it just needs fixed. 

I'm not on a personal crusade to chase CL out of Edinburgh either. 

If he has something to offer the football beyond the 1st team then I'm for him being that person, if not get rid. 

I have very limited knowledge of our behind the scenes activities tbh. 

I'm very wary that simply removing CL is only the start and we need a plan in place to replace him. 

I get the feeling many on here think we'll be transformed into an all conquering team as soon as he leaves and by him leaving completely will fix everything. 

It would just be the start and in fact things could get worse quite easily in the Interm. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

:cornette:

He has a contract, so it's getting paid anyway. 

Your reaction shows how little thought you've put into that response. 

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I stopped reading when he said all eyes will be on Tynecastle next Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

You're welcome, Ann.

Gary Locke? 

No. 

41 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

The similarity between now, and the end of Levein's tenure as Scotland boss in 2012 is uncanny, Even the SFA incompetents had the guts  to punt him when it had all gone too badly wrong for far too long.

"Craig Levein pays price with Scotland for failure to win"

"with a record of only three wins from 12 competitive games, perhaps the only surprise is that it took the Scottish Football Association until now to decide that Levein's time was up...Levein had run out of plausible defences for a growing list of failings on his watch...the Tartan Army had grown weary of his inability to produce on-field performances to match his positive and optimistic pronouncements....despite the failure to reach the play-offs, Levein spoke of improvement and stated that Scotland were capable of winning all of their qualifying matches in a World Cup group that featured Belgium, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia and Wales. Alas, that prophecy was to come back to haunt him as dour home draws were garnered against the Serbs and Macedonia...Levein has been closely involved in the SFA's attempt to overhaul Scottish football from top to bottom. While this project may yet prove to be a fruitful one in the long term, Levein's primary task was to return success in the short term, something he was unable to do."

It’s always tomorrow. 

Look at the shiny shiny. 

53 minutes ago, PnG said:

It would be more embarrassing if she did what youre suggesting. Wtf.

Its even more embarrassing keeping Levein as manager.  

Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He has a contract, so it's getting paid anyway. 

Your reaction shows how little thought you've put into that response. 

Wrong. Indefinite leave sends entirely the wrong message. Regardless if it costs exactly the same money he should be removed from the club and a replacement given a fresh start, not having the ghost of CL hanging about the club