Levein - stay or go. New poll (15.9.19)

Swanny17

Craig Levein - stay or go poll (15.9.19)  

1,101 members have voted

1. 1. Quite simple really, do you think Craig Levein should remain at the club or not?

• Yes, he should stay in whatever capacity
    • No, he must go and be relieved of all duties

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• JamboAl

• Sagan

• Blacky87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not looking to start an argument but see when you say about seeing ‘the fruits of his labour’

1) if it’s the fruits of CL’s labour then what is the Academy Managers role? Is it just admin etc?

2) are we bringing through more youngsters since the academy? Doesn’t seem like it.

He was very hands on in rebuilding the structure of the Academy, with that we have brought through some very good youngsters. IMO better than in recent times, which a good handful show a maturity beyond their years. I think this is down to how the Academy is run and has ben set up.

We have very talented youth players in our first team squad (Irving and Hickey being the standouts) and by all accounts Connor Smith is suppose to be even better than them.

This growth in our talented youth is down to CL and his work as DOF on the Academy side.

As I have said, his time as manager is now most likely up.

I'd like him to move over to the Academy and fully focus on capturing and growing us the best youth talent in Scotland.

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

He was very hands on in rebuilding the structure of the Academy, with that we have brought through some very good youngsters. IMO better than in recent times, which a good handful show a maturity beyond their years. I think this is down to how the Academy is run and has ben set up.

We have very talented youth players in our first team squad (Irving and Hickey being the standouts) and by all accounts Connor Smith is suppose to be even better than them.

This growth in our talented youth is down to CL and his work as DOF on the Academy side.

As I have said, his time as manager is now most likely up.

I'd like him to move over to the Academy and fully focus on capturing and growing us the best youth talent in Scotland.

Thanks for the reply. You make good points and your knowledge of the academy is clearly greater than mine.

I've voted No.  A few months back I'd have been keen on him retaining a role, but we're well past that, now.  If he stays in some sort of footballing capacity, it will simply cast shadows over anything that happens under any new management team.

It seems that after 2 confidence boosting results Levein finds it impossible to have Hearts playing football on the front foot against a St Mirren who are incapable of scoring goals. Watching Hearts is like our weather, it changes every 5 minutes. Yes it's a frustrating time for us Jambos and I don't see anything changing while Levein & co are unable to do what is needed.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It seems that after 2 confidence boosting results Levein finds it impossible to have Hearts playing football on the front foot against a St Mirren who are incapable of scoring goals. Watching Hearts is like our weather, it changes every 5 minutes. Yes it's a frustrating time for us Jambos and I don't see anything changing while Levein & co are unable to do what is needed.

Slavering gibberish.

1/10 for trolling 😲😲

24 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well said.

Only thing I would disagree on is "it changes every 5 mins", I would say that 90%+ of our football is dull and boring. 

16 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Slavering gibberish.

1/10 for trolling 😲😲

It's not a million miles off to be honest. 

The reality is that CL is here for the season then will likely move back upstairs. It's October tomorrow and so far, it's hard to see any improvement on last season at the moment. 

We do really need a full overhaul of the footballing department. I would still have said that even if we won on Saturday. The current set up is not fit for purpose.

20 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Slavering gibberish.

1/10 for trolling 😲😲

You need to see his point though. 

He is kind of right. 

36 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

A very accurate post of how Hearts are under Levein.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

I prefer Michael Smith's comments to be honest,  nothing personal but he is pretty much on the money in his comments,  usually is, and no difference on Saturday 

"It's boring" 😭😭😭😭😭

I'm not going to Tynecastle this weekend, I'm going to a game recommended by the "it's boring" brigade.

So, come on fellow Hearts chaps, who should i go and watch for some thrilling football on Saturday?

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Slavering gibberish.

1/10 for trolling 😲😲

Give the personal stuff a break Noah. He is entitled to his opinion which is certainly not trolling!

It’s almost like going back in time to the Neilson era.

Winning games but too “boring”

Anyone would think certain people have short memories.

As I’ve said no more judgemental comments from me until we get Naismith, Haring, Soapy and Walker back in the team.

I’m not now saying I think Levein is the man to take us forward but these injuries are feckin killing us!!!

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

As I’ve said no more judgemental comments from me until we get Naismith, Haring, Soapy and Walker back in the team.

I’m not now saying I think Levein is the man to take us forward but these injuries are feckin killing us!!!

:lol: Be waiting a while for that to happen (if ever)

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Give the personal stuff a break Noah. He is entitled to his opinion which is certainly not trolling!

Bumping this thread is trolling and you know it is, nothing personal in what I posted either, so ill assume your trolling me now.

Give it break eh and get back to what you do best and slag off the club. 

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Could be waiting a while of him coming back.

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Good bump.

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Fair play to you but the Pantwetters will be labelling you a Happy Clapper or a Levein Lover even if your amnesty is conditional.

Selkirkhmfc1874

No doubt about it our injuries have been horrendous and all to our main starting players 

2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

It’s almost like going back in time to the Neilson era.

Winning games but too “boring”

Anyone would think certain people have short memories.

Winning games is a bit of a stretch though. 1 league win in 6 months.

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And yet the players we have that are fit should of been good enough to play well and win on saturday yet it looked like there was no system or teamwork that is ment to be worked on at Riccarton. Something is very wrong with our management because their failures are witnessed on match days.

3 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Bumping this thread is trolling and you know it is, nothing personal in what I posted either, so ill assume your trolling me now.

Give it break eh and get back to what you do best and slag off the club. 

Cheers. 

Accusing someone of “slavering gibberish” is not personal?????

Christ you’ve got a nasty streak!

Edited by Thomaso

To be fair in all this, we’ve had a tough week, Sunday derby, extra time Wednesday  then a trip to Paisley where no one is scoring goals. Add in Halkett and Damour injuries and it’s not the worse result, regardless of the manager.

We can’t say we’ve turned the corner yet though but it’s been the best week in a long time.

Edited by Rudy T

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Fair play to you but the Pantwetters will be labelling you a Happy Clapper or a Levein Lover even if your amnesty is conditional.

I’ve never bothered what label people put on me - there have been a few! 😉

I just think it has got to the stage where no Manager could cope with these relentless injuries to our best players! It’s a real pisser for the fans and Levein - yes this is me talking!!!

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And yet the players we have that are fit should of been good enough to play well and win on saturday yet it looked like there was no system or teamwork that is ment to be worked on at Riccarton. Something is very wrong with our management because their failures are witnessed on match days.

Maybe you’re right but all I know is these feckin injuries are a nightmare!  

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You are aware that we had 2 players taken off injured in the 1st half?

I also think you are being disrespectful to these supposed minnows.

You are aware that we had 2 players taken off injured in the 1st half?

I also think you are being disrespectful to these supposed minnows.

And which St Mirren player would get a game for Hearts ? 

One or two maybe.

Maybe you’re right but all I know is these feckin injuries are a nightmare!  

We get more than you would expect. Is it the warm-ups, the drills, the weights room, the recovery ect ? 

It's obviously needing looked at but is Levein willing to investigate?

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And which St Mirren player would get a game for Hearts ? 

One or two maybe.

In your opinion.  I reckon the keeper would, for a start.

You miss, or rather choose to miss, the point.

We had 2 players taken off in the first half and although Berra could be deemed to be a direct swap, we still had to rejig.  With one sub left, CL's hand was somewhat restricted in that if he subbed too early we could have been left with 10 men for all/most of the 2nd half.  If he subbed too late, the baw was burst.

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We get more than you would expect. Is it the warm-ups, the drills, the weights room, the recovery ect ? 

He already has.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-manager-craig-levein-we-are-powerless-to-prevent-collision-injuries-1-5013689

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Cheers. So I take it Hearts are just the most unlucky team in the world for injuries. 

You take it what you want, mate.  That's up to you.

You asked if CL was willing to investigate, which implied you thought he hadn't.

Now you come up with a different line.

How would I know if we were the most unlucky team in the world? 

Edited by JamboAl

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Halket and Walker were injured making tackles!

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Cheers. So I take it Hearts are just the most unlucky team in the world for injuries. 

It feckin feels like it Mitch!! ☹️

14 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Slavering gibberish.

1/10 for trolling 😲😲

He is spot on & you are miles of with your comment . Craig has us in one of the worst slumps in many a years and it does not look like improving any time soon under his guidance.  

GorgieFifeLife

The supposed strong squad we have should be more than enough to cover for our injuries in all games out with the Old Firm. At the moment we are just lurching from one farce to the next. It's clear we need a change but if Budge gives him enough time he will come up with a win and a couple of draws and that gives him a stay of execution.  We are a team going nowhere.  Instead of the push for change quietening down during this period it should be heightened as a couple of decent results cant hide the fact our general play is abysmal.

15 hours ago, JamboAl said:

In your opinion.  I reckon the keeper would, for a start.

You miss, or rather choose to miss, the point.

We had 2 players taken off in the first half and although Berra could be deemed to be a direct swap, we still had to rejig.  With one sub left, CL's hand was somewhat restricted in that if he subbed too early we could have been left with 10 men for all/most of the 2nd half.  If he subbed too late, the baw was burst.

What a poor excuse. You really are scraping the bottom of the bucket.

13 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Halket and Walker were injured making tackles!

Well there must be some unavoidable injuries.

The Old Tolbooth
58 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

The supposed strong squad we have should be more than enough to cover for our injuries in all games out with the Old Firm. At the moment we are just lurching from one farce to the next. It's clear we need a change but if Budge gives him enough time he will come up with a win and a couple of draws and that gives him a stay of execution.  We are a team going nowhere.  Instead of the push for change quietening down during this period it should be heightened as a couple of decent results cant hide the fact our general play is abysmal.

Careful mate, you're not allowed to say things like that on here, you'll have the happy clappers all over this post when they see it (even though you're correct) 

25 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Best ignored mate, there's about 4 or 5 of them that stick together on threads and follow each other about (you know who they are), a pathetic little band of abusers who get away with murder, your comments have been spot on, any "genuine fan" can see that. 

48 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Tha was a possible reason - not an excuse.

You are always scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Tha was a possible reason - not an excuse.

You are always scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Everytime Levein & co mess up the reasons as you call it are excuses.

Bazzas right boot

CL is still here. 

3 game unbeaten run, lc sf in the bag, beat hibs away. 

All that despite further injury carnage. 

Imagine what we'll do with a full squad. 

:shockio:

Some posters are still:

big_trouble.jpg

Fire_At_The_Disco
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

CL is still here. 

3 game unbeaten run, lc sf in the bag, beat hibs away. 

All that despite further injury carnage. 

Imagine what we'll do with a full squad. 

:shockio:

Some posters are still:

big_trouble.jpg

You forgot the 5 league games won in 2019 ... 😒