Levein - stay or go. New poll (15.9.19)

Swanny17

Craig Levein - stay or go poll (15.9.19)  

1,101 members have voted

1. 1. Quite simple really, do you think Craig Levein should remain at the club or not?

• Yes, he should stay in whatever capacity
    • No, he must go and be relieved of all duties

3 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

This is where I am.

With Naismith we are are challenging for third. He bangs his knee, or tweaks his hamstring or hip and suddenly we are fighting relegation.

There has to be something in between, surely? If the manager has made his strategy so reliant on one - let's face it - injury prone player, it's a clear failure on his part. 

Naisy is definitely one of our more influential players but who said the manager's strategy was based on one man?

It may have escaped your notice but we have had others out long term also like Haring and Souttar and now Walker, Washington and Halkett as well..

You really need to cut the crap.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• JamboAl

• Sagan

• Blacky87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Naisy is definitely one of our more influential players but who said the manager's strategy was based on one man?

It may have escaped your notice but we have had others out long term also like Haring and Souttar and now Walker, Washington and Halkett as well..

You really need to cut the crap.

The evidence suggests to me that we are overly reliant on that one man.

As for our injury woes, of course they haven't escaped my attention. How could they? 

Even allowing for those injuries, though, in my opinion we should be capable of doing better than bottom of the form table for the past 11 months.

Edited by Cut The Crap

4 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

I suspect your only experience is on the Xbox, you certainly post like it is.

I love watching Hearts, absolutely adore it, it's the only reason I work these days so that I can afford it. 

Underperformed, what a load of old media speak bullshit, my eyes tell me all I need to know about how we play. I enjoy it. 

If it was mind numbing I wouldn't bother, wouldn't be getting my frillies in a twist about it either, they day I fall out of love with watching Hearts is the day I croak. 

You only work to pay for a season ticket? Christ, no wonder you're happy with everything.

Some of us go into deep depression every time the car needs an MOT. 

16 minutes ago, Sagan said:

You only work to pay for a season ticket? Christ, no wonder you're happy with everything.

Some of us go into deep depression every time the car needs an MOT. 

No. Each game cost me about £300 due to travel 😉😉

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

No. Each game cost me about £300 due to travel 😉😉

Sake man, and you're still happy with what you're seeing?

Tell the truth, you must hate your wife or something, just happy to get out the house?

6 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Sake man, and you're still happy with what you're seeing?

Tell the truth, you must hate your wife or something, just happy to get out the house?

She attends with me. 

19 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

She attends with me. 

Happy days. 

You're life is just too good mate, that's the problem. 

We could could just field the u13's and you'd be pure cheesing. 

Edited by Sagan

3 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

As for our injury woes, of course they haven't escaped my attention. How could they? 

Even allowing for those injuries, though, in my opinion we should be capable of doing better than bottom of the form table for the past 11 months.

At best that can only be opinion and if the others, apart from Naisy, had managed to play more games than they did it is my opinion we would have done far better than we did.  We got to the SC final without Naisy and had Haring not had to come off I felt we would have won.

That said I do not wish to underplay SN's importance but the form table is due to more than relying too heavily on him.

3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Happy days. 

Just enjoy watching Hearts mate.

Always have, it's sad that our own supporters like to put the boot in at every opportunity but that's just the way a lot of people are, can't survive without moaning. Sad really.

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

Just enjoy watching Hearts mate.

Always have, it's sad that our own supporters like to put the boot in at every opportunity but that's just the way a lot of people are, can't survive without moaning. Sad really.

Yeah, I envy you because i really don't enjoy watching them and haven't done in a long time. 

Not trying to have a go but there's putting the boot in at every opportunity and then there's what you're doing, which is seeing no wrongs whatsoever.

Is there possibly a middle ground?

6 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Yeah, I envy you because i really don't enjoy watching them and haven't done in a long time. 

Not trying to have a go but there's putting the boot in at every opportunity and then there's what you're doing, which is seeing no wrongs whatsoever.

I see things that are wrong all the time. I also comment on here about them. I don't do it over and over and over again though.

The fact that I've stated that Mr Levein isnt going anywhere soon and I have continued to state it, is what angers posters on here.

But it's a fact and not a very difficult one to read knowing how the club is building.

There will never be middle ground on a forum because it's not what people come on here to read. Everything is Black or White.

I'll chat with anyone before, during and after games and when I see the colour of their eyes I'll give credence to their opinion.

This place is a lunatic asylum and shouldn't be taken seriously 😀😀😀.

4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I see things that are wrong all the time. I also comment on here about them. I don't do it over and over and over again though.

The fact that I've stated that Mr Levein isnt going anywhere soon and I have continued to state it, is what angers posters on here.

But it's a fact and not a very difficult one to read knowing how the club is building.

There will never be middle ground on a forum because it's not what people come on here to read. Everything is Black or White.

I'll chat with anyone before, during and after games and when I see the colour of their eyes I'll give credence to their opinion.

This place is a lunatic asylum and shouldn't be taken seriously 😀😀😀.

It is, and that's not your fault, but stating it makes people think that it's your opinion.

Whether "Mr Levein" (another thing that pisses people off haha) is the right man for the job or not, He should not be 'bullet proof' which is what you're basically saying he is. 

I would like to think that he's bought himself more time with the wins over Hibs and Aberdeen (regardless of how much of a struggle it was against 2 shite teams and 2 managers that are also on a shoogly peg)

But my head says that he has to go and we need that review of the football department because all these injuries are not just bad luck. 

31 minutes ago, Sagan said:

It is, and that's not your fault, but stating it makes people think that it's your opinion.

Whether "Mr Levein" (another thing that pisses people off haha) is the right man for the job or not, He should not be 'bullet proof' which is what you're basically saying he is. 

I would like to think that he's bought himself more time with the wins over Hibs and Aberdeen (regardless of how much of a struggle it was against 2 shite teams and 2 managers that are also on a shoogly peg)

But my head says that he has to go and we need that review of the football department because all these injuries are not just bad luck. 

If the injuries are not just bad luck, what’s causing them?

6 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

I suspect your only experience is on the Xbox, you certainly post like it is.

I love watching Hearts, absolutely adore it, it's the only reason I work these days so that I can afford it. 

Underperformed, what a load of old media speak bullshit, my eyes tell me all I need to know about how we play. I enjoy it. 

If it was mind numbing I wouldn't bother, wouldn't be getting my frillies in a twist about it either, they day I fall out of love with watching Hearts is the day I croak. 

How many names do use on JKB?? Quite a few I suspect. If you love watching Hearts tell me which players were described as two thundering down the line with their teeth gritted?

4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

If the injuries are not just bad luck, what’s causing them?

That's why we need review of the football department. 

Are you saying that it is just bad luck?

Have you ever seen us have so many injuries in such a short period of time? 

Just now, Sagan said:

I think you have answered your own question.

1 minute ago, Sagan said:

It’s ok. Levein,  JamboAl, Noah Claypot and Smiths right erse tell us it’s all a blip and we should really be in third place if we weren’t so crap.

4 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Please explain.

Well? You asked a question and then answered it? Albeit with with another question but an answer all the same.

Edited by Vlad Magic

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Well? You asked a question and then answered it? Albeit with with another question but an answer all the same.

So you can't explain then. 

4 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

As usual, you hit the mark with limited posts while trolls miss the mark with millions of posts. I recommend doing what I've done and put the lot of them on ignore.

11 minutes ago, Prof said:

It’s ok. Levein,  JamboAl, Noah Claypot and Smiths right erse tell us it’s all a blip and we should really be in third place if we weren’t so crap.

Yeah, They're just happy to support their club. God love em. 

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

At best that can only be opinion and if the others, apart from Naisy, had managed to play more games than they did it is my opinion we would have done far better than we did.  We got to the SC final without Naisy and had Haring not had to come off I felt we would have won.

That said I do not wish to underplay SN's importance but the form table is due to more than relying too heavily on him.

Yeah, that’s why I preceded the part you highlighted with the words “in my opinion”. 👍

1 minute ago, Sagan said:

So you can't explain then. 

They were your words not mine?

Look without wanting to sound incredibly rude. Are you thick as a pund of mince?

Just now, Sagan said:

We all support the club but we don’t spout bullshit when the team is playing crap and pretend it’s all ok. Reality check 86% want Levein shown the door.

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Of course you don't enjoy watching Hearts and don't go to the games. Why would you given their record against Hibs?

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Look without wanting to sound incredibly rude. Are you thick as a pund of mince?

Short answer is yes.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

What were my words?

All you've done is dodge around my my actual post like most people that don't like to question anything Hearts. 

Do you think all the injuries are just bad luck?

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Of course you don't enjoy watching Hearts and don't go to the games. Why would you given their record against Hibs?

Ohhh here he is. Craig levein's wee brother. 

5 minutes ago, Prof said:

We all support the club but we don’t spout bullshit when the team is playing crap and pretend it’s all ok. Reality check 86% want Levein shown the door.

Do they? 

Is that a fact?

Still waiting on those experts on Hearts to the question, which players were described as two thundering down the line with their teeth gritted? Anybody who has watched Hearts for any length of time would know the answer.

9 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

He's just a sad hibee troll - and not a very good one at that. He hates Levein because of his record against Hibs.

Edited by Spoleto
spelling

Do they? 

Is that a fact?

Look at the poll results and open your ears during home games. You’ll soon find the answer.

He's just a sad hibee troll - and not a very good one at that. He hates Levein because of his record against Hibs.

Why do you come on here talking absolute shit?

I've already said on here tonight that i'm quite fond of Craig levein as a Hearts man and a person. 

5 minutes ago, Prof said:

Look at the poll results and open your ears during home games. You’ll soon find the answer.

So it's not a fact then. Just your opinion. 

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion.

Personally I don't want to see him hounded out of the club but if we are to replace him as manager it needs to be a top quality replacement.  NOT the likes of Stephen Robinson or Tommy Wright.

19 minutes ago, Prof said:

But which one?

Guest ToqueJambo
11 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

This is where I am.

With Naismith we are are challenging for third. He bangs his knee, or tweaks his hamstring or hip and suddenly we are fighting relegation.

There has to be something in between, surely? If the manager has made his strategy so reliant on one - let's face it - injury prone player, it's a clear failure on his part. 

When have we been fighting relegation out of interest? With Naismith we were top of the table and in one cup semi final and without him we were top 6 and reached a cup final. And if you mean this season, come on. No-one is considered to be fighting relegation after a handful of league games anymore than we were genuinely challenging for the title this time last season!

I mean, I get the whole discussion around the pros and cons of Levein and whether or not he should have coped better with injuries, but is it too much to expect to stick to actual facts.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Prof said:

:laugh:

31 minutes ago, Prof said:

Hibs in your case

You'll have to make up your mind.

You say that I am claiming "it's all a blip" and now you're saying I support Hibs.

Which is it?

2 hours ago, Sagan said:

Not ‘our club’ then?

Been on holiday?

Cut The Crap
48 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When have we been fighting relegation out of interest? With Naismith we were top of the table and in one cup semi final and without him we were top 6 and reached a cup final. And if you mean this season, come on. No-one is considered to be fighting relegation after a handful of league games anymore than we were genuinely challenging for the title this time last season!

I mean, I get the whole discussion around the pros and cons of Levein and whether or not he should have coped better with injuries, but is it too much to expect to stick to actual facts.

Our form over the past 11 months places us firmly at the bottom end of the table. 

I haven’t seen anything to make me think we are going to emerge from this slump any time soon.

I’d hate for us to sleepwalk into a real relegation fight. Been there and done that. It’s not good.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sagan said:

Support no one else. 

Looking forward to Saturday. 

It's the poor times that make you enjoy the good times more as well.

Celebrating the opening cup final goal reminded me of that. 

and as long as there is hope it's all good, if not great. 

There are concerns atm  but most supporters will support no matter what. 

I'll keep my finger pointing, booing and shouting for the other teams and even on here now, don't want to argue with fellow Hearts fans, constantly. 

My ignore list went from 1 to about 8, that's the beauty of the Internet, jkb is almost tolerable now once the lunatics are locked out. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Our form over the past 11 months places us firmly at the bottom end of the table. 

I haven’t seen anything to make me think we are going to emerge from this slump any time soon.

I’d hate for us to sleepwalk into a real relegation fight. Been there and done that. It’s not good.

Tbf, relegation fights are exciting if nothing else. 

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Just as well the league doesn't work like that then. We've obviously not started great but we've been beaten 3 times in 13 competitive games this season, with two defeats coming from 2 of the top 3 teams in the league in away fixtures. Our problems are very clear - very silly defensive mistakes and a lack of cutting edge from the strikers. Both very solvable problems but it is a worry that this season we're piling up the injuries without that cushion of points we had last season, but even then you'd have to be a major pessimist to imagine we'll be fighting relegation this season. All of Walker, Washington, Haring, Souttar, Naismith at least will be back for January, with a couple before then it sounds like.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Just as well the league doesn't work like that then. We've obviously not started great but we've been beaten 3 times in 13 competitive games this season, with two defeats coming from 2 of the top 3 teams in the league in away fixtures. Our problems are very clear - very silly defensive mistakes and a lack of cutting edge from the strikers. Both very solvable problems but it is a worry that this season we're piling up the injuries without that cushion of points we had last season, but even then you'd have to be a major pessimist to imagine we'll be fighting relegation this season. All of Walker, Washington, Haring, Souttar, Naismith at least will be back for January, with a couple before then it sounds like.

We won't be fighting relegation because we have enough quality in the squad to win games down to individuals, the Naismith effect from last year if you like. 

I agree on the defensive mistakes (not helped by changing personnel and formation too much) but the attacking issue is much more than a cutting edge from strikers. We have an issue with attacking transition, moving the ball through midfield to the forwards and creating chances. It's one dimensional, crosses going into the box or fighting for second ball in the final third. The only way to make any sustained impact is improve the coaching, which would require changes. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

We won't be fighting relegation because we have enough quality in the squad to win games down to individuals, the Naismith effect from last year if you like. 

I agree on the defensive mistakes (not helped by changing personnel and formation too much) but the attacking issue is much more than a cutting edge from strikers. We have an issue with attacking transition, moving the ball through midfield to the forwards and creating chances. It's one dimensional, crosses going into the box or fighting for second ball in the final third. The only way to make any sustained impact is improve the coaching, which would require changes. 

Absolutely. Meshino, Naismith and Walker were all signed to address that though, not to mention bringing in footballing defenders like Souttar and Halkett, so hopefully we'll get to see them all play together as intended. The fact that 4 of those 5 are injured shows just how bad injuries are affecting us.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Cut The Crap

The fact that you even hint that the current situation might persist until January kinda reinforces the view I stated above to be honest.

Given the amount we as a club invest in the football department, especially when compared tot the budgets of our competitors, we should in my opinion be able to cope much better despite the injuries.

Edited by Cut The Crap

Cut The Crap
5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Well put.