Levein - stay or go. New poll (15.9.19)

Swanny17

Craig Levein - stay or go poll (15.9.19)  

1,101 members have voted

1. 1. Quite simple really, do you think Craig Levein should remain at the club or not?

• Yes, he should stay in whatever capacity
    • No, he must go and be relieved of all duties

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why? You're giving me a laugh with your attempted abuse (oh be careful as the mods might take exception).  :rofl:

Hmmmm a grass also 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• JamboAl

• Sagan

• Blacky87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selkirkhmfc1874

Don't mind him staying as a director but he can't have anything to do with the first team otherwise we limit ourselves to who'll take job with him hovering above sending notes down etc again 

I wonder if any of the 18 posters' who want him to stay are bold enough to come out and admit it in this topic.

Edited by Marvin

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I wonder if any of the 18 posters' who want him to stay are bold enough to come out and admit it in this topic.

Seymour outed himself so 17 to go.

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

A few of us have already said we want him at the club in some kind of role but nowhere near the dugout or 1st team

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, luckydug said:

So we can give them abuse and accuse them of being Hibs.

It's the Democratic way  😂

Well it's certainly the JKB way. 

1 minute ago, Superunknown said:

A few of us have already said we want him at the club in some kind of role but nowhere near the dugout or 1st team

I just don’t get why. What sort of skills does he have that can’t be easily replaced? Just fond of him? Why?

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't mind him staying as a director but he can't have anything to do with the first team otherwise we limit ourselves to who'll take job with him hovering above sending notes down etc again 

If he stays as a director then he still gets votes on the first team manager etc as per his place on the board. Absolutely no chance he should have that.

5 minutes ago, Plank said:

Would anybody have him as academy manager?

Nope, he must go completely, leave all roles.

Him staying in any capacity solves nothing.

40 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Budge is beginning to worry me. Still no statement about him resigning or being sacked. Shocking stuff.

No statement about anything at all. Our season is rapidly going down the toilet and all we get is silence. Yet she’s very quick to make statements on other matters. Well, if what’s happening on the park isn’t the most important thing then game’s a bogey. We need strong leadership and she is failing to deliver right now. Even if she isn’t going to sack Levein at least have the guts and decency to tell us why.

Needs to go completely and a fresh outlook. I hate to say it but I think Budge should go as well. Too bothered about the business and hospitality side and showing to interest in the football side and total disrespect to the fans with her silence and lack of action. Not sure if there are funds through FOH to pay her back early. 

A total clear out with fox, daly and mcphee away as well. 

Hopefully Swanny's thread is that last required, of it's kind. I'd hate to think we'll still be having new Levein polls months from now. 

He has to go. Lock, stock and bootroom Peps.

Craig that is, not Swanny.

You have to wonder why he has survived such a poor run (not just the last five) of games.

Is Budge beholden to him for some reason?

Can't afford the compensation? 

Thinks he'll come good?

Just plain old stubborn?

Personally, I think he'll turn it around given enough time, but can the club afford that time?

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I just don’t get why. What sort of skills does he have that can’t be easily replaced? Just fond of him? Why?

Overseeing the academy and youth setup and links hearts have with Balerno etc. All that shit. He did good things at united and they reaped the benefits after a few years, and maybe I'm hoping this can happen at hearts too. Just don't think we should throw the baby out with the bathwater

If it wasn't for his health problems last year I reckon we would be in a much better position now, but I think it's taken its toll on him. It's a shame it hasn't worked out but I think it's time he moved upstairs and took a back seat. Hire someone who can be trusted to get on with being 1st team manager.

1 minute ago, Superunknown said:

Overseeing the academy and youth setup and links hearts have with Balerno etc. All that shit. He did good things at united and they reaped the benefits after a few years, and maybe I'm hoping this can happen at hearts too. Just don't think we should throw the baby out with the bathwater

If it wasn't for his health problems last year I reckon we would be in a much better position now, but I think it's taken its toll on him. It's a shame it hasn't worked out but I think it's time he moved upstairs and took a back seat. Hire someone who can be trusted to get on with being 1st team manager.

Thanks for the reply. 

I think it's indicative of how desperate we fans are that McPhee was being praised and well thought of recently. Anything to cling to whilst this all fell apart. In truth his "expert analysis" and set pieces really aren't worth retaining either, imo.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

I think it's indicative of how desperate we fans are that McPhee was being praised and well thought of recently. Anything to cling to whilst this all fell apart. In truth his "expert analysis" and set pieces really aren't worth retaining either, imo.

His only benefit now is for his linguistic skills.

7 minutes ago, YellowSub said:

You have to wonder why he has survived such a poor run (not just the last five) of games.

Is Budge beholden to him for some reason?

Can't afford the compensation? 

Thinks he'll come good?

Just plain old stubborn?

Personally, I think he'll turn it around given enough time, but can the club afford that time?

I think he's not been sacked yet because it's probably more hassle than it's worth for Budge, the season ticket money is in so there's not much need to move quickly.  It's much easier to close your eyes, put your fingers in your ears and just hope for another easy cup run to appease the fan base until next season.

Edited by Longshanks

11 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

Not my favourite question. I don't want him near first team but I won't deny he's got a knack for the academy. 

hate to break this.. but our academy is not that special.. 

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

I agree. Some fans seem so bought over by a vision of CL and his coaches, promotion from within, the academy et al that no run of bad results are going to change their opinion. It’s like they just can’t accept he’s completely failed, along with his coaches.

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Totally agree, I just wish he would recognise this fact that since his heart scare he hasn't been the same in the dugout.

I think that Levein does love the club and wants us to do well but he just can't see that he has a record as bad as Cathro this year. 

I still want him to remain as DOF but want him to get the hell away from being manager and that also means no interfering with however takes the role. 

He needs to go but he won’t resign.

Craig Levein will never work in another football role again after this. He’s milking the role for all he can and for as long as he can. 

Total scumbag of a man. He’s now up there with Neil Lennon in my hatred stakes!! 

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Get him out as well and the rest of the coaching team. All have failed.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

hate to break this.. but our academy is not that special.. 

Best it has been for years, was broken under romanov and all the school initiatives will be glorious for us. 

Think if we had a better manager the youth we're producing would probably be viewed and more importantly playing better than what they are. 

1 minute ago, Groatallar said:

Totally agree, I just wish he would recognise this fact that since his heart scare he hasn't been the same in the dugout.

I think that Levein does love the club and wants us to do well but he just can't see that he has a record as bad as Cathro this year. 

I still want him to remain as DOF but want him to get the hell away from being manager and that also means no interfering with however takes the role. 

Telling him not to interfere would be like telling a kid not to peak under the Xmas tree at the presents.

1 minute ago, Markymark said:

He needs to go but he won’t resign.

Craig Levein will never work in another football role again after this. He’s milking the role for all he can and for as long as he can. 

Total scumbag of a man. He’s now up there with Neil Lennon in my hatred stakes!! 

Pish post. Lennon and Levein in the same bag. Get out of here. 

Just now, Blacky87 said:

Best it has been for years, was broken under romanov and all the school initiatives will be glorious for us. 

Think if we had a better manager the youth we're producing would probably be viewed and more importantly playing better than what they are. 

Our academy is utter dog shit. Your Motherwell and Kilmarnock produce more home grown on a fraction what we spend and the facilities are not a patch on ours. 

Just now, Markymark said:

Our academy is utter dog shit. Your Motherwell and Kilmarnock produce more home grown on a fraction what we spend and the facilities are not a patch on ours. 

Away and sh1te. 

Leveins a shite manager that's about it. Get him away from the first team and everything will be fine. 

Folk acting like it's the bloody apocalypse 😂

Staying on as DoF shouldve been an option because i think a lot of fans would take that option (wrongly in my opinion). If he heads back along the corridor i wont be the slightest bit happy he's no longer in the dug out.

He has to leave the club entirely or we will continue on this miserable path.

His influence at the club is like a cancer. I f*****g hate him.

Tenaciousdandy

Not voted but at the very least he need to go back up stairs. I do think away from the first team he is a very valuable person to have at the club with his knowledge and  contacts in the game, but he would have to let who ever comes in as manager to have complete control over the training, team selection and tactics, if not then has to leave the club completely 

56 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Make the poll public, interested to see who and why people voted for him to stay 

“Who are these people!”

7 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

he’s done a god job rebuilding foundations no doubt, nothing that someone else couldn’t pick up and take on.. 

5 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Not voted but at the very least he need to go back up stairs. I do think away from the first team he is a very valuable person to have at the club with his knowledge and  contacts in the game, but he would have to let who ever comes in as manager to have complete control over the training, team selection and tactics, if not then has to leave the club completely 

People make a lot of noise about his contacts. Its common knowledge the footballing community has little regard for him. Its why he ended up in the dug out in the first place. No self respecting individual would work  under the clown.

Edited by PnG

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s done a god job rebuilding foundations no doubt, nothing that someone else couldn’t pick up and take on.. 

Fair point but he did do the same with United. And they collapsed when he left. 

I have no doubt he has an ego but he does have a knack with youth setups imo. 

Not been the same since he had his heart attack. 

It's actually quite sad to watch. 

When people say they want him back as DOF, do they mean that they want him sitting in the stand with Jon Daly running back and forward with wee notes for whichever boot room member we've appointed 'manager'?

Just now, Blacky87 said:

Fair point but he did do the same with United. And they collapsed when he left. 

I have no doubt he has an ego but he does have a knack with youth setups imo. 

Not been the same since he had his heart attack. 

It's actually quite sad to watch. 

5 years and not a single player sold or cemented a single season as a first team player 😂

having a laugh now