Levein - stay or go. New poll (15.9.19)

Swanny17

Craig Levein - stay or go poll (15.9.19)  

1,101 members have voted

1. 1. Quite simple really, do you think Craig Levein should remain at the club or not?

• Yes, he should stay in whatever capacity
    • No, he must go and be relieved of all duties

1 minute ago, Markymark said:

5 years and not a single player sold or cemented a single season as a first team player 😂

having a laugh now 

LOL you need to get a life ya toad. 😂😂

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• JamboAl

• Sagan

• Blacky87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, YellowSub said:

You have to wonder why he has survived such a poor run (not just the last five) of games.

Is Budge beholden to him for some reason?

Can't afford the compensation? 

Thinks he'll come good?

Just plain old stubborn?

Personally, I think he'll turn it around given enough time, but can the club afford that time?

Surely can't be about the compensation he's only got the rest of this season left on his contract.

It's just that she has the utmost faith in this man and is hoping to tread water until he retires and the club can be handed over to FOH.

I know she planned to stay on but surely now after yesterday's scenes she will want out.

Leveins Battalion

This is going to end in disaster and Craig Levein and Budge will both end their reign at Hearts with vitriol from the stands,everyone from child to oap has had enough of this crap.

Just tae put this into context. 

Hearts last won a league game in March. (correct?) 

I've been working abroad since then and I'm due home soon. 

It's just occurred to me in that whole time I've not seen Hearts win a league game. 

My youngest has learned to walk and form his first sentences in that time. 

Yet we cannae bag three points. 

Edited by Blacky87

1 minute ago, Blacky87 said:

He's a gash manager nothing to do with none of laddies talent. 

If he was the messiah that you are making him out to be with the academy name me one success that we’ve had, produced and sold on. We churned our players like Gordon, Paterson, Naysmith, Nicholson, Walker before Levein came in. He’s produced nothing. £4m investment down the pan with no sign of anything special coming through (Hickey excluded)

Just now, jumpship said:

He has two games to save his job, he needs to win both. 

3 points against h1b5 

And beat Aberdeen in the cup.

People have been saying similar for months. If we lose both then folk will be on jumping all over the positives in our latest defeat and urging another 2-3 games. Before we know it it’ll be April. 

2 minutes ago, Markymark said:

If he was the messiah that you are making him out to be with the academy name me one success that we’ve had, produced and sold on. We churned our players like Gordon, Paterson, Naysmith, Nicholson, Walker before Levein came in. He’s produced nothing. £4m investment down the pan with no sign of anything special coming through (Hickey excluded)

Mate, I'm literally wasting my coffee break on you. 

I really don't care that much tbh. Think you need a wee cup of tea yourself. 

I'll hae my opinion and you can carry on annoying folk on here. 

Pretty sure Gordon, Paterson Nicholson and Walker are all Leveins?

Edited by Blacky87

14 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

When people say they want him back as DOF, do they mean that they want him sitting in the stand with Jon Daly running back and forward with wee notes for whichever boot room member we've appointed 'manager'?

This is exactly what will happen. He’ll still take a massive salary but become even less accountable. 

10 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Should he be first team manager? Definitely not.

Should he be removed from the club completely? No, I don't think so.

I was of this opinion, I think there’s some value he can add in other areas, but realistically will Levein accept being shifted and taking a more junior role? I don’t think he would so I think he probably has to go completely if he is removed from 1st team duties.

Edit - I voted Levein to leave 

Edited by SM Sheffield

Just now, Blacky87 said:

Mate, I'm literally wasting my coffee break on you. 

I really don't care that much tbh. Think you need a wee cup of tea yourself. 

I'll hae my opinion and you can carry on annoying folk on here. 

You are ****ing clueless mate. You post shite and don’t back it up. 

Enjoy the the rest of your day 😉

16 minutes ago, Markymark said:

5 years and not a single player sold or cemented a single season as a first team player 😂

having a laugh now 

This is spot on. Where does this myth come from that over the past 5 years we have developed a ton of talent youngsters?

Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Should he be first team manager? Definitely not.

Should he be removed from the club completely? No, I don't think so.

What if him staying at the club impacts the quality of any new manager we can get? I would imagine plenty of potential managers out would not want to work under/with CL considering how toxic he is with the fans now. He needs to go. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Go completely. If he had called it a day after the cup final I would have said stay in some capacity but his stubbornness has changed that opinion. 

He quite simply is incapable of stringing a run of results together unless they are defeats that is! 

8 minutes ago, jumpship said:

3 points against h1b5 

Give it up mate. People have saying the next couple of games are “massive for Levein” since the tail end of last season. 

Even if he did win those two games, what does that mean? Would you then give him the rest of the season?

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Give it up mate. People have saying the next couple of games are “massive for Levein” since the tail end of last season. 

Even if he did win those two games, what does that mean? Would you then give him the rest of the season?

He needs to go. Preferably before Hibs. I'd even let the players deal with the game themselves than endure more of what I've watched so far

5 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

What if him staying at the club impacts the quality of any new manager we can get? I would imagine plenty of potential managers out would not want to work under/with CL considering how toxic he is with the fans now. He needs to go. 

This is bang on the money. If and it’s a very big if we went outside the club it’ll be another yes man that would work with Levein only.

He is a complete failure. 

A monumental error on his and Budges part for there not to be change after the cup final.

He should have returned to the DOF role then.

It’s now too toxic and It’s time for a complete reset.

1 minute ago, Markymark said:

You want him to stay at the club though and manage our superb youth set up? 🤦‍♂️

Seriously have I Triggered you this much but simply saying I want Levein to stay but hands off the first team??? 

You seriously need to get a hobby mate or is this it. 

I simply believe players like Cochrane, Irving, Mcdonald, Hickey and countless others in the last two seasons would maybe have had a better showing or produced alot more had they been managed better. 

Is that really that difficult for you to wrap those two brain cells around?? 

Honestly pure following me about like a horrid smell. 

8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Honestly I'm not a Levein fanboy but look at the facts... 

Sure we are sh!t... 

But a win against h1b5 will be a monumental boost, we will move off the bottom of the table and above h1b5. 

2nd, if we beat Aberdeen we will be in to the quarter finals of the league cup. 

Another massive boost to the players, managers and fans...

Defeat we are still bottom of the table, defeat again we are out the cup. 

There would be no argument for Levein to stay... 

35 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

When people say they want him back as DOF, do they mean that they want him sitting in the stand with Jon Daly running back and forward with wee notes for whichever boot room member we've appointed 'manager'?

Personally if he can go back upstairs, deal with all the background stuff, we get a first team manager/coach who has full control over first team affairs then I'd settle for that. 

Anything else, then he can leave fully as far as I'm concerned. 

2 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Sure we are sh!t... 

But a win against h1b5 will be a monumental boost, we will move off the bottom of the table and above h1b5. 

Can see where you're coming from but H1bs are god awful aswell at the moment. 

I don't think a win over H1bs would settle many, as its just a must that we win those. 

Quarter finals of the wee cup, personally I'd settle shit LC run for higher up the table atm. 

Think once you lose the support that's it. 

Can't believe how far we've fallen since start of last season though! 

11 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Sure we are sh!t... 

I think the next two games will be the pivotal ones for the board. 

Adam_the_legend
14 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Sure we are sh!t... 

There’s already no argument for him to stay, prolonging the pain won’t help anyone. 

46 minutes ago, PnG said:

I think she just cant bring herself to do it. He's been her rock from the very beginning. Things are going to get ugly.

This is the worry 

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Stay as Dof but not as manager

I used to think this but now I think it's got to the stage that he has to go completely..

A new man needs to come in and be given full control of everything to do with the first team without anyone looking over their shoulder. 

Find another ex player to take the DoF role.. I'm not sure who but interview and get the best man for the job.. The reason I want an ex player in is that i want someone who knows and loves the club.. I'm thinking the likes of Colquhoun, Robbo, etc but even the likes of Michael Stewart if he interviews well and has a proper vision for the club. Basically i don't know who but not Levein..

It's gone way beyond the next 2 games and it's gone beyond him being DoF. Untenable whatever way you want to cut it.

And football clubs manage to function without Craig Levein. We don't need to sack the academy director and youth coaches. People who think the whole club will fall apart because he isn't there have lost grip on reality. 

3 minutes ago, bistokid said:

It's gone way beyond the next 2 games and it's gone beyond him being DoF. Untenable whatever way you want to cut it.

And football clubs manage to function without Craig Levein. We don't need to sack the academy director and youth coaches. People who think the whole club will fall apart because he isn't there have lost grip on reality. 

I fear that Budge thinks it will fall apart (more than it already is) 

It is not just a case of him going now. The club has to sack him the obvious reason being results, no mutual parting of the ways. As well as being exactly the right thing to do it's the only way Budge gets many fans back on board. 

Let's be absolutely clear here Levein will want paid off, it will he his last job in football. In the press conference after the game he has to keep saying he is the man to turn this around as the alternative is resigning. 

Edited by Jodami

1 hour ago, Blacky87 said:

Fair point but he did do the same with United. And they collapsed when he left. 

I have no doubt he has an ego but he does have a knack with youth setups imo. 

Not been the same since he had his heart attack. 

It's actually quite sad to watch. 

We have collapsed! We are bottom, next stop the Championship. 

1 hour ago, jumpship said:

3 points against h1b5 

Stop taking the piss. It's always the next two or three games until he loses them too, if we fail to win next week then we will have broke the record for the worst run on form in the history of the club, let that sink in.

40 minutes ago, bistokid said:

It's been clear for a long time that many people have. Including Levein himself.

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As it's a free country I'll continue to look at any thread I wish to and comment on it and most certainly will not be dictated to by a troglodyte like you. 

The poll should only ask if posters want him to remain as manager or not.  Deal with the issue that is the most damaging and then deal with the DOF stuff.  That poll would also let us know how many still want him in that role. 

Edited by FruitJuice

11 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

We have collapsed! We are bottom, next stop the Championship. 

Fair point. Aye we need someone to get a grip of this first team. 

I sometimes wonder genuinely how we'd have faired if Robbie stayed on. 

Left us and we were sitting second. 

Just think about that, we turned on a guy who had smashed the championship, had us sitting second. Winning was normal, and now look..... Bottom of the league. 

Imagine Robbie gets United promoted and we get relegated. 

Let that sink in. 

3 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

New poll with only 2 options. Stay at the club in some capacity or be relieved of all duties. 

It worries me the fact people on here voting for him to stay,what planet are they on?

After The Watershed

For those who want him to stay as director of football just think about how we got into this mess. The best potential applicants for the job wouldn't work with him. 

As for the academy argument, plenty other clubs have good youth progression without Craig Levein I'm sure we would get on just fine. The big difference between what we had before he arrived and now is money to invest in the academy. If someone can evidence stand out success better than other teams, of his football development programme at any club or the national team, I'm happy to stand corrected. 

Austin is not the problem at hearts.

Andy Kirk is not the problem at hearts.

Ann is not the problem at hearts. 

I'm sure you can work out the rest...