• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff Turn

• Beast Boy

GorgieRules22

Should never have gone.

Only fit for ten minutes on the Saturday but reports to Scotland training fully fit on the Monday.

Another blunder from the club.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Should never have gone.

Only fit for ten minutes on the Saturday but reports to Scotland training fully fit on the Monday.

Unless you can explain this, you’re spewing out pure shite.

4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Should never have gone.

If you are selected you need to report.

Otherwise can be barred for playing for club next match.

4 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Nothing in this article to say hes injured 

Could simply be good player management

When have you ever known for our (Hearts that is) luck to be good?  No danger he missed training for any other reason than an injury, minor or not.

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Unless you can explain this, you’re spewing out pure shite.

I'll have a go. He is employed by the club. He wasn't fit on Saturday. He's not fit now. The club should have insisted he withdraw from the Scotland squad as if he is ever fit to play the odd game it should be for us.

You actually ok with him going with Scotland aye?

Just now, GinRummy said:

I'll have a go. He is employed by the club. He wasn't fit on Saturday. He's not fit now. The club should have insisted he withdraw from the Scotland squad as if he is ever fit to play the odd game it should be for us.

You actually ok with him going with Scotland aye?

He’s a senior player who declared himself fit to play for Scotland. It’s his body, if he knew there was something wrong, he should have refused to go. 

Again, how is that the club’s fault?

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s a senior player who declared himself fit to play for Scotland. It’s his body, if he knew there was something wrong, he should have refused to go. 

Again, how is that the club’s fault?

As I've already said, the club should have insisted he withdraw because he is not fit. He wan't fit on Saturday, he wasn't fit when selected. He isn't fit now.

Other players withdraw at the slightest sign of a niggle. Are their clubs more important than Hearts?

Again, are you ok with him going with Scotland?

Just now, GinRummy said:

As I've already said, the club should have insisted he withdraw because he is not fit. He wan't fit on Saturday, he wasn't fit when selected. He isn't fit now.

Other players withdraw at the slightest sign of a niggle. Are their clubs more important than Hearts?

He was on the bench and played on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

He was on the bench and played on Saturday. 

He was on the bench because he wasn't fit enough to play.

Are you happy he's away with Scotland?

He is by far the best player we have. 

I am a big fan.

I want him to be first pick every week.

I think he should be our team captain.

BUT

Is this how its going to be for the next 4 years???

On the treatment table more than the pitch?

Edited by Pans Jambo

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He was on the bench on Saturday and clearly has declared himself fit to play for Scotland or he wouldn’t have been picked. 

So how can the club know that Naismith has a niggle or is injured if Naismith doesn’t tell them?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He was on the bench because he wasn't fit enough to play.

Are you happy he's away with Scotland?

He was fit enough to play but possibly not for 90 minutes. 

Yes. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

He was fit enough to play but possibly not for 90 minutes. 

Yes. 

Surprising that a Hearts fan would be happy at a half fit player being named in the squad despite having constant niggly injuries and having hardly played all season.

Fair enough though. We all view things differently.

Dagger Is Back

Selfishly I’m delighted he’s missed training and hopefully he’ll withdraw from the squad and benefit from the international break. 

Was a bizarre selection by Clarke in the first place. 

Give him a player/Head Coach role and get CL away from the first team squad. Let SN make his own decisions around his coaching team and dump the dross  

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He was on the bench on Saturday and clearly has declared himself fit to play for Scotland or he wouldn’t have been picked. 

So how can the club know that Naismith has a niggle or is injured if Naismith doesn’t tell them?

That I do agree with. The club never seem to know if any of our players are injured. So I suppose you're right. Bit of a shock all round he is injured again.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That I do agree with. The club never seem to know if any of our players are injured. So I suppose you're right. Bit of a shock all round he is injured again.

The club should be raging at Naismith if he has lied about his fitness. 

2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Selfishly I’m delighted he’s missed training and hopefully he’ll withdraw from the squad and benefit from the international break. 

Was a bizarre selection by Clarke in the first place. 

Give him a player/Head Coach role and get CL away from the first team squad. Let SN make his own decisions around his coaching team and dump the dross  

Personally, I would rather he was fit enough to play from the start. 😎

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

The club should be raging at Naismith if he has lied about his fitness. 

Indeed, but where’s the evidence of that?

He should never have gone.  No blame on the club, he should have be more respectful to Hearts IMO.  We are struggling, he has barely kicked a ball, pulled out of the starting line up on Saturday due to tightness.

He is at the stage of his career where we are correct to trust him, in this case Naismith himself has made a bad decision I think.

Gordon Ramsay
12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I am a big fan.

BUT

My fear as well. 

Constantly injured this guy. 

letsalldothebeattie

Hopefully Scotland does the right thing and just send him back to us and he can be assessed by the club and monitored going into the Motherwell game

Isn’t it very unlikely (barring lots of injuries)  he’d play for Scotland- given I’d imagine they will only play one striker and he’d be fourth or fifth choice- though?

3 minutes ago, JCR said:

Isn’t it very unlikely (barring lots of injuries)  he’d play for Scotland- given I’d imagine they will only play one striker and he’d be fourth or fifth choice- though?

Fourth or fifth choice? He was first choice before he got injured last year. Surely even the change of manager won’t change that. Who would be in front of him and why?

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed, but where’s the evidence of that?

There’s nothing to suggest he has. That’s why I said, if he has.

It’s probably more likely to be the case that he was fit and he’s maybe injured himself running, something which happens. If that’s the case and he’s injured himself on international duty, the SFA pay for it.

What is also likely to be the case is that it is probably a minor injury, which is why he is still with the Scotland camp.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It’s probably more likely to be the case that he was fit and he’s maybe injured himself running, something which happens. If that’s the case and he’s injured himself on international duty, the SFA pay for it.

What is also likely to be the case is that it is probably a minor injury, which is why he is still with the Scotland camp.

👍

Not looking good at this point. 

We desperately need our best players on the pitch and playing well. 

He's our match winner but so far he's not been worth the wages.

Hope to God he gets fit soon.

The Apprentice

I've always thought he was called up more for the influence he'd have around the squad than to play a big part in both games when you consider its fairly inexperienced.

37 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I am a big fan.

BUT

Maybe make him manager? And play the odd game as well ? Best of both worlds, him and Gary naysmith, with McPhee along side them....

Regardless whether the story is true......Clarke should have left him out as he hasn’t played anywhere near enough football this season for a call-up to be justified.

The SFA don’t really give a shit about the clubs.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Probably did injure himself running, remind me where they were training again 😱🤷🏾‍♂️😆🙈?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Regardless whether the story is true......Clarke should have left him out as he hasn’t played anywhere near enough football this season for a call-up to be justified.

The SFA don’t really give a shit about the clubs.

Nonsense, Griffiths wasn’t included after consultations and Tierney has been rested a few times. They do care about clubs, well two anyway.

Absolute Scenes

BTW he has been at Oriam all day training. The article is a complete SHYTER of a story. Daily Ranger at its best. He's not injured.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What a rage folk manage to get themselves into.

The internet, a place where rumour becomes fact, and fact at its most extreme possibility

:rofl:

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Should never have gone.

Dear god - you’ll be blaming them for world poverty next 

The reality is , he should retire from international football . Pissing into the wind is he’s hoping for one last chance at a major tournament.