Steven Naismith

CloustonHMFC

7 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

This will come back to haunt Hearts big style - will almost certainly aggravate his injury if he plays. 

I don’t think he will play.  McBurnie is in form and playing at a much higher level he has to start. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff Turn

• Beast Boy

41 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I get the impression Scotland means the world to Naisy and he’s great around the youngsters in the squad, I can’t see him playing at all but I can see why he’s been called up and I’ve no issue with it. 

Issue.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fingers crossed Naismith is still injured? I hope he plays as it means he'll be back for us sooner rather than later. You can't approach every game thinking a player is going to get injured FFS. He's as likely to get crocked playing for us as Scotland or in training. Naismith back on the pitch playing for anyone is good news.

Fingers crossed he comes through unscathed and ready to play against Motherwell. Couldn’t care less about Scotland tbh.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Fingers crossed he comes through unscathed and ready to play against Motherwell. Couldn’t care less about Scotland tbh.

Well said.

Hearts are much more important, in footballing terms, than Scotland.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Well said.

No arguments there 👍🏽

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

I don’t think he will play.  McBurnie is in form and playing at a much higher level he has to start. 

Stay on bench and get back fit, for our games coming up,, especially hibs and Aberdeen 🤞🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Naismith doesn’t have mental health issues as far as I know, though he probably hasn’t read this thread yet.  

Yep, Clarke just letting the thumb down gently. No comparison between the two. 

Horatio Caine

I think a possible scenario is that he's given a ten minute cameo near the end in order to win his fiftieth cap.  Minimal risk.

19 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Stay on bench and get back fit, for our games coming up,, especially hibs and Aberdeen 🤞🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Definitely. 

12 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think a possible scenario is that he's given a ten minute cameo near the end in order to win his fiftieth cap.  Minimal risk.

I can’t think of any scenario tomorrow that will happen.  Either getting pumped going for a goal or holding on. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Smack said:

Yep, Clarke just letting the thumb down gently. No comparison between the two. 

Just remembered that Griffiths spat the dummy out when Naismith was picked ahead of him, then liked a tweet about Naismith's injury. Horrible little scroat that he is. Maybe that’s why he’s not been picked

20 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Yip. 

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

This is a crucial game. He'll come on if we need him during the game not for a pity cap. That's what friendlies are for.

Edited by ToqueJambo

54 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Well said.

Of course we are more important. 

We actually pay his wages and gave him a 4 year deal. 

The club should always come first and in this instance that is not the case. 

We are in a bad enough state without risking our best player playing for Scotland and ending up crocked for another long spell. 

How can he possibly be fit when he has hardly kicked a ball for months end. 

At the weekend he managed 10 mins when we were struggling like hell and today he couldn't even train with Scotland 😏

Folk trying to say he is fit and ready to play are kidding themselves on. 

5 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Presumably he wasn’t fit enough to last 60 minutes since Meshino came on instead.

That’s an assumption. 

9 hours ago, jambogemz said:

The club can't just insist that he withdraws though. If there is a problem he must first be assessed by the national teams medical staff and a decision is made from there. 

If we simply insist he doesn't go the national team can stop him playing the next club match.

People are far to quick to post without first checking the actual facts. Annoying. 

Clubs withdraw players from international duty all the time without the national team doctor being involved. That’s a fact I don’t need to check. It’s madmess that Naismith is with the squad. He’s not been fit all season. It would hardly be a big shock if hearts had protected their biggest asset by insisting he stay away. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That’s an assumption. 

So if that assumption is incorrect the alternative is what? Levein reckoned a jet lagged Meshino would be more effective than Naismith? Think it’s safe to say he wasn’t considered able to last an hour. 

Good luck to Naismith. Hope he plays well, & returns to us fitter & sharper. 

Edited by Mister Dee

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Clubs withdraw players from international duty all the time without the national team doctor being involved. That’s a fact I don’t need to check. It’s madmess that Naismith is with the squad. He’s not been fit all season. It would hardly be a big shock if hearts had protected their biggest asset by insisting he stay away. 

Its ridiculous. If he played for the old firm they would not have let him be picked in the first place. 

It is even more ridiculous that Clarke thought he deserved a call up at all. 

2 hours ago, Mister Dee said:

Good luck to Naismith. Hope he plays well, & returns to us fitter & sharper. 

He might be fitter and sharper from Clarke's training methods. Certainly not from game time as he won't be playing

jack D and coke
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

11 hours ago, Morgan said:

Well said.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No arguments there 👍🏽

Each to their own lads but I hope we don’t get this vile OF type attitude to the national team myself. Maybe this time I can understand your point more with him being so injury prone but I like to see Hearts players in the squads. It brings them on massively as players. 

Scotland is clearly a huge honour for Naismith, it’s a pity more players didn’t feel that way imo. 

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Each to their own lads but I hope we don’t get this vile OF type attitude to the national team myself. Maybe this time I can understand your point more with him being so injury prone but I like to see Hearts players in the squads. It brings them on massively as players. 

Scotland is clearly a huge honour for Naismith, it’s a pity more players didn’t feel that way imo. 

Of course it's a huge honour to play for your country, but it should not be at the expense of your club commitments.

I always want Scotland to win and I'm as patriotic as anyone, but when it comes to football, Hearts come first.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Of course it's a huge honour to play for your country, but it should not be at the expense of your club commitments.

I always want Scotland to win and I'm as patriotic as anyone, but when it comes to football, Hearts come first.

Yeah I know bud and I tend to agree more on this occasion with him being so injury prone. 

It’s a creeping thing though that Hearts fans are adopting this vile OF type attitude to the national team.

Before the Belgian game last time I seen people not wanting Souttar to play because he’d get destroyed and have shattered confidence and garbage like that!? How on earth will he not improve testing himself against that type of quality? 

It brings players on massively imo. 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah I know bud and I tend to agree more on this occasion with him being so injury prone. 

It’s a creeping thing though that Hearts fans are adopting this vile OF type attitude to the national team.

Before the Belgian game last time I seen people not wanting Souttar to play because he’d get destroyed and have shattered confidence and garbage like that!? How on earth will he not improve testing himself against that type of quality? 

Agreed.

I can't understand why Scots would not want Scotland to do well (in any sport).

Although when watching  the national team and our players are involved, I can't help thinking about  not wanting them injured first and then hoping they play well second

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Nothing to do with the OF attitude thanks, it’s a personal view for many reasons that I won’t go into on here. 

Yeah its brought Souttar on loads, gets shown up as not ready for that level and aggravates his injury and gets sent off.

As for the players, have a read of this it might help you understand part of the problem.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4683288/scotland-robert-snodgrass-steve-clarke-honesty/

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It wasn’t always this way. Plenty OF fans followed Scotland back in the day. Granted, i’m talking sixties, early seventies.

The reasons we are where we are as regards the demographic of the Scotland support are political.

People may wish to try and separate the two but give me another reason why the support has changed in the last 50 years ?

21 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Fair enough but I think it is far too big a risk this time round. 

We need Naismith back in our team more than ever.

A lot more than Scotland do I would say

The thought of him on another lengthy spell doesn't bear thinking about tbh. 

Club then country should be the pecking order imo. 

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

It wasn’t always this way. Plenty OF fans followed Scotland back in the day. Granted, i’m talking sixties, early seventies.

The reasons we are where we are as regards the demographic of the Scotland support are political.

People may wish to try and separate the two but give me another reason why the support has changed in the last 50 years ?

There is no other reason. 

You are spot on. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nothing to do with the OF attitude thanks, it’s a personal view for many reasons that I won’t go into on here. 

Yeah its brought Souttar on loads, gets shown up as not ready for that level and aggravates his injury and gets sent off.

As for the players, have a read of this it might help you understand part of the problem.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4683288/scotland-robert-snodgrass-steve-clarke-honesty/

I don’t understand what that article is meant to suggest to me. 

Thats Snodgrass telling us McLeish wasn’t honest with him. I’ve heard that before from former Rangers players. I’m glad Snodgrass is back I like him as a player. 

I was talking about Hearts fans not wanting their players to play for Scotland. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Fair enough but I think it is far too big a risk this time round. 

We need Naismith back in our team more than ever.

A lot more than Scotland do I would say

The thought of him on another lengthy spell doesn't bear thinking about tbh. 

Club then country should be the pecking order imo. 

Yep on this occasion bud I’m tending to agree with you but my point was more about Hearts fans just flat out not wanting any of our players in Scotland squads. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t understand what that article is meant to suggest to me. 

Thats Snodgrass telling us McLeish wasn’t honest with him. I’ve heard that before from former Rangers players. I’m glad Snodgrass is back I like him as a player. 

I was talking about Hearts fans not wanting their players to play for Scotland. 

You said it’s a shame that other players don’t have Naismiths attitude towards playing for Scotland, Snodgrass gives an insight into why they don’t.

Last season Scotland played Naismith for 90 minutes in a meaningless friendly whilst Celtic players were rested. He had played a lot of games in two months and broke down not much later. Once again Celtic players are rested whilst he is half fit and in the squad, to our detriment.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Boab said:

Definitely. There are other reasons too. They’re shit for a start. My brother in law used to go as I did in the 70s-80s. I asked him once why he doesn’t go anymore “I chase enough rainbows with Hearts” was the reply.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You said it’s a shame that other players don’t have Naismiths attitude towards playing for Scotland, Snodgrass gives an insight into why they don’t.

Last season Scotland played Naismith for 90 minutes in a meaningless friendly whilst Celtic players were rested. He had played a lot of games in two months and broke down not much later. Once again Celtic players are rested whilst he is half fit and in the squad, to our detriment.

No Snodgrass gave an insight into a twat being the manager. Hearts have had twats too but I still go. 

Tbh I don’t think you can say Celtic players get a rest either they always turn up and do their best. Calum McGregor when he played in Kazakhstan last season was playing his 70th match of the season. Give Celtic their due there they don’t pull their players out or in general their players don’t pull out. 

Rangers on the other hand are famous for treating the national team with contempt. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No Snodgrass gave an insight into a twat being the manager. Hearts have had twats too but I still go. 

Tbh I don’t think you can say Celtic players get a rest either they always turn up and do their best. Calum McGregor when he played in Kazakhstan last season was playing his 70th match of the season. Give Celtic their due there they don’t pull their players out or in general their players don’t pull out. 

Rangers on the other hand are famous for treating the national team with contempt. 

Did you read it all, there’s a lot of adverts and it seems like it’s finished but it wasn’t. He went into detail about Levein, Strachan, Mar Hall, Oriam, not getting paid, how little things can affect performances, all the things that might put a player off.

Rangers did pull players out, when they had any in there. Celtic have done it to a lesser extent, Tierney was rested a few times whilst Naismith was played constantly (having not played that much for a few years). Do you think Celtic played no part in Brown retiring, coming back, retiring again. Over the last few years Tierney, Griffiths, Brown, Armstrong, Gordon have all had rests or missed friendlies for Scotland. Not Naismith though, 90 minutes of both friendlies this time last year. 

Hearts currently have the biggest “twat” they’ve had as a manager, infamous as a Scotland manager too.

4E1B819B-6AAE-47AE-B03C-36655F1CFA9A.png

EC284298-2D55-406E-A797-794300F01A0B.png

D3842688-DBD9-403E-BDA0-61A1B5515BA2.png

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did you read it all, there’s a lot of adverts and it seems like it’s finished but it wasn’t. He went into detail about Levein, Strachan, Mar Hall, Oriam, not getting paid, how little things can affect performances, all the things that might put a player off.

Rangers did pull players out, when they had any in there. Celtic have done it to a lesser extent, Tierney was rested a few times whilst Naismith was played constantly (having not played that much for a few years). Do you think Celtic played no part in Brown retiring, coming back, retiring again. Over the last few years Tierney, Griffiths, Brown, Armstrong, Gordon have all had rests or missed friendlies for Scotland. Not Naismith though, 90 minutes of both friendlies this time last year. 

Hearts currently have the biggest “twat” they’ve had as a manager, infamous as a Scotland manager too.

4E1B819B-6AAE-47AE-B03C-36655F1CFA9A.png

EC284298-2D55-406E-A797-794300F01A0B.png

D3842688-DBD9-403E-BDA0-61A1B5515BA2.png

Fair enough mate didn’t see all that. 

The celtic lads have a lot more pressure games on them though I can see Celtic’s point on view there, especially when Tierney was carrying that niggly injury. 

Anyway hopefully SN will play little part this time and come back to us fighting for.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Fair enough mate didn’t see all that. 

The celtic lads have a lot more pressure games on them though I can see Celtic’s point on view there, especially when Tierney was carrying that niggly injury. 

Anyway hopefully SN will play little part this time and come back to us fighting for.  

Such a stupid way of publishing articles tbh.

They do have important games, as we do and they look after their injured players, I think we need to do it with Naismith. 

Lets see what tonight and Monday brings, as I said earlier fingers crossed he comes through it ok and is ready to help us in this rocky period.

11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Hearts won't and shouldn't ever stand in the way of someone representing their country. 

4 hours ago, Boab said:

The national team has got shite and there’s more European competitions for clubs? 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely. There are other reasons too. They’re shit for a start. My brother in law used to go as I did in the 70s-80s. I asked him once why he doesn’t go anymore “I chase enough rainbows with Hearts” was the reply.

To me it's political. I stopped going after the referendum. 

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I agree with you. I feel a fair bit more apathy towards Scotland these days, but if I was a footballer I’d be crawling over broken glass to represent the country of my birth. Naismith wants in to the hall of fame (50 caps) and I don’t blame him. He’s also probably the best striker available to Clarke. Maybe joint or just behind Griffiths, due to legs/age.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, XB52 said:

To me it's political. I stopped going after the referendum. 

It’s part of it for me too, few other things as well. Was there anything in particular? I stopped taking the wife to the rugby about the same time.

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Hearts won't and shouldn't ever stand in the way of someone representing their country. 

What will Hearts say if he comes back after playing for his country with his injury worsened and another spell on the sidelines ?

Oh dear that's a shame but at least he got 20 mins for his country and we will just have to wait until he recovers to play for us.

He is clearly not fit after managing 10 mins on Saturday and pulling out of training yesterday, plus he has hardly kicked a ball this year.

Most clubs would not entertain sending their star player off with the national squad with his problems over the last few months.

Club first, country second IMO

After all we pay his wages and have given him a 4 year contract.

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

What will Hearts say if he comes back after playing for his country with his injury worsened and another spell on the sidelines ?

Oh dear that's a shame but at least he got 20 mins for his country and we will just have to wait until he recovers to play for us.

He is clearly not fit after managing 10 mins on Saturday and pulling out of training yesterday, plus he has hardly kicked a ball this year.

Most clubs would not entertain sending their star player off with the national squad with his problems over the last few months.

Club first, country second IMO

After all we pay his wages and have given him a 4 year contract.

I don't care about most clubs, I care about Hearts. 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Fair enough then.

So we were right to send him off to the national squad with ongoing injury problems.:sadrobbo:

10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

But are happy to see an unfit star player called up? 

Struggling with the logic a bit? 

Is it that you care about the Scotland side more?

The Real Maroonblood
51 minutes ago, XB52 said:

If it affects their bread and butter living it should.