Steven Naismith

CloustonHMFC

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

We did it with Hickey, as the training is at Oriam it’s not far to send them is it? Did you know that? Annoying.

Yup. After discussions between Hearts and Scotland coaching staff it was agreed he'd be rested. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff Turn

• Beast Boy

Naismith's game to wage ratio is starting to get worrying,

More so for Levein , His only good spell was with Naismith running the show. 

He has no answers now. 

20 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Naismith's game to wage ratio is starting to get worrying,

More so for Levein , His only good spell was with Naismith running the show. 

He has no answers now. 

You are getting desperate now.

Ideas have dried up.

2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

The reality is , he should retire from international football . Pissing into the wind is he’s hoping for one last chance at a major tournament.

No, he is one cap from Scottish football hall of fame entry 

Captain Canada

I remember getting flack for suggesting Naismith shouldn't have started the Ross County game. 

He's not ready to play and shouldn't have been called up. 

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, he is one cap from Scottish football hall of fame entry 

I also think one reason we were able to sign him was an agreement he could be available for Scotland. He's been very vocal about wanting to hit the 50 caps and try to get Scotland to a Finals. I'm fine with it. I like seeing our players getting caps and he won't be played if he's not fit. These aren't friendlies. We have to pick up some points from these games. It's one thing to pitch a not completely fit player into a club game vs Hamilton or someone. It's another thing totally to put them into an international against two top teams. Clarke would rightly be hammered if he picked an unfit player.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are folk deliberately not understanding that it's possible to not be fit one Saturday and then be fit a week later?

Folk are just moaning for moanings sake and trying to skew everything into it being the clubs fault, or in otherwords, what they really mean, it’s Leveins.

It’s tiresome. 

Sexton Hardcastle
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are folk deliberately not understanding that it's possible to not be fit one Saturday and then be fit a week later?

It’ll be AB/CL fault that he got injured and more goons will claim to cancel their FOH direct debits.

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

He is by far the best player we have. 

I am a big fan.

I want him to be first pick every week.

I think he should be our team captain.

BUT

Is this how its going to be for the next 4 years???

On the treatment table more than the pitch?

Nothing in his history suggests it won't be. Which I guess is the only reason we managed to get him 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Folk are just moaning for moanings sake and trying to skew everything into it being the clubs fault, or in otherwords, what they really mean, it’s Leveins.

It’s tiresome. 

Everyone likes a moan but you've got this wrong, We're not moaning for moanings sake, 

We're moaning because shit keeps happening to us, again and again and again. 

The people that don't moan obviously have close contact with the club, friends of the staff or whatever. 

And yeah, Give me points for not calling you a troll or a hibs fan, that's what desperate people do. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Everyone likes a moan but you've got this wrong, We're not moaning for moanings sake, 

The people that don't moan obviously have close contact with the club, friends of the staff or whatever. 

And yeah, Give me points for not calling you a troll or a hibs fan, that's what desperate people do. 

Shit like our players being good enough for Scotland? That's terrible that is. Imagine having a squad full of international players!

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Shit like our players being good enough for Scotland? That's terrible that is. Imagine having a squad full of international players!

What does that tell you? If we have players good enough for Scotland yet we're absolute shite?

Who would you blame for that?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Sagan said:

What does that tell you? If we have players good enough for Scotland yet we're absolute shite?

Who would you blame for that?

I think everyone accepts we need to turn things around on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think everyone accepts we need to turn things around on the pitch.

haha. 

He's had long enough and plenty enough support to turn it around already.

I really don't get why you are willing to continue down this craig levein route with very little indication that he's on a road to success. 

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Do folk not understand that's its not all about one week. 

He's been injured for months on end and should not be risked by the club paying his wages. 

He is more important to us at the moment than Scotland. 

We are shite enough without him being out for another long spell when is obviously not really fit. 

If he comes back with his injury worse everybody will be raging that he was risked in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

You just started a thread having a go about Levein because a 17 year old says something.

And you’re saying folk aren’t moaning for the sake of it? 

:Aye:

Folk trying to blame the club because Naisy’s got a tight hamstring. He probably won’t even play if that’s the case.

The levels of hysteria and the constant having a go at the club shite is boring as feck.

If we had won v Ross County & Hamilton no one would be moaning about Naisy having a tight hamstring.  

This is all brought on by the negativity of posters on here, nothing else. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Do folk not understand that's its not all about one week. 

He's been injured for months on end and should not be risked by the club paying his wages. 

He is more important to us at the moment than Scotland. 

We are shite enough without him being out for another long spell when is obviously not really fit. 

If he comes back with his injury worse everybody will be raging that he was risked in the first place. 

Yeah but at some point he's fit to play right? That point wasn't reached last week but might have been reached this week.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah but at some point he's fit to play right? That point wasn't reached last week but might have been reached this week.

But might not ?

Missing training is more might not than might...em....!

I think....!

Steve Clarke wouldn’t have picked him if he said he wasn’t fit. 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If you haven’t played 90 minutes for 7 months, haven’t had a proper pre season, only played 25/45/10 minutes, missed training again today according to 4 media outlets and have a tight hamstring then it’s highly unlikely you're fully fit.

If you were fully fit and missed a game then you could recover easily in 6 days, that’s not the case here though is it?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Steve Clarke wouldn’t have picked him if he said he wasn’t fit. 

Yeah there's no way he'll play if not fit. These are two massive games.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

If you haven’t played 90 minutes for 7 months, haven’t had a proper pre season, only played 25/45/10 minutes, missed training again today according to 4 media outlets and have a tight hamstring then it’s highly unlikely you're fully fit.

If you were fully fit and missed a game then you could recover easily in 6 days, that’s not the case here though is it?

Then he won't play if you're right.

Apparently it was reached last Saturday morning but he played 10 mins in the afternoon. 

Everybody has an opinion and that happens to be mine and you can have yours. 

Not really got a problem with that on a forum but I personally think he is too important to risk. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nail on the head. 👍

Guest ToqueJambo

Apparently it was reached last Saturday morning but he played 10 mins in the afternoon. 

Everybody has an opinion and that happens to be mine and you can have yours. 

Not really got a problem with that on a forum but I personally think he is too important to risk. 

I'll be encouraged if he plays because it means he's fit for us, but I'll be cringing at every challenge given our bad luck with injuries.

I'll be encouraged if he plays because it means he's fit for us, but I'll be cringing at every challenge given our bad luck with injuries.

So we are taking a risk then because he cannot be 100 per cent fit after that time out. 

Think he should play for his club first and then focus on  his international career. 

Just need to see how it unfolds over the next few days I suppose 😏

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed Naismith is still injured? I hope he plays as it means he'll be back for us sooner rather than later. You can't approach every game thinking a player is going to get injured FFS. He's as likely to get crocked playing for us as Scotland or in training. Naismith back on the pitch playing for anyone is good news.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Currently watching Whelan for Ireland with everything crossed 🤞.

Watching through the fingers 😄

Paranoid now with our luck. 

Guest ToqueJambo

So we are taking a risk then because he cannot be 100 per cent fit after that time out. 

Think he should play for his club first and then focus on  his international career. 

Just need to see how it unfolds over the next few days I suppose 😏

I'm happy for Scotland to help get him match fit for us in time for the derby!

I'm happy for Scotland to help get him match fit for us in time for the derby!

Oh well it's out of our hands anyway 😄

I wonder if we're entering the 'super sub' years of Naismith? If he's going to be this injury prone, we need to be smarter about when we use him. Bringing him on in the last 30 mins makes a lot of sense to help see out games by keeping the pressure up. Also the tiredness that sets in for a lot of players towards the ends of games could be a bit of an equaliser.

46 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Was that meant for Levein?

The clue was in the quote.

I reiterate again and thank you for the above, you are running out of ideas. 

4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

The clue was in the quote.

I reiterate again and thank you for the above, you are running out of ideas. 

Ok, cheers for the clue, Still no idea what you're on about though, feel free to elaborate.

12 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Ok, cheers for the clue, Still no idea what you're on about though, feel free to elaborate.

Which one of these usernames did you used to be?

Hendricks?

All out attack?

Spencer?

Escobar PHM?

More than one of the above?

5 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Should never have gone.

Only fit for ten minutes on the Saturday but reports to Scotland training fully fit on the Monday.

Another blunder from the club.

Perhaps the club didn't want him to go but he went ahead anyway as he wanted to get his 50th cap..............

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Clarke said at his press conferences that didn’t train today but should be ok for the game

Aye he will be totally fine. 🙄

Fit as a fiddle after his 10 mins on Saturday and wee rest from training the day. 😏

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Naismith the next target for the brain trust on here, I see? Good stuff. :rofl:

Will be Meshino next. Conveyor belt of predictability.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Naismith the next target for the brain trust on here, I see? Good stuff. :rofl:

Lucky to play a game before the 4 years are up

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Will be Meshino next. Conveyor belt of predictability.

Almost inevitable. ‘Sold a pup’, ‘YouTube clip’, ‘doesn’t fit Scottish Football’... yadah... etc...

Just now, Zico said:

Boo Naismith, boo Hearts, boo Luhvein, ****ing boo ya *****, ****ing boo1!11!!1

Booo Budge... !!

I get the impression Scotland means the world to Naisy and he’s great around the youngsters in the squad, I can’t see him playing at all but I can see why he’s been called up and I’ve no issue with it.