*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

3 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

What are the realistic options of making the board aware of how we feel? Jeering at full time hasn’t worked thus far.

Have you thought of hiring a plane? And I only say that half-jokingly.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

Stephen Muddie
7 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

What are the realistic options of making the board aware of how we feel? Jeering at full time hasn’t worked thus far.

I'd suggest instead of leaving early whilst booing if we fail to beat Motherwell, why not stage a sit-in protest at FT, refusing to leave until he's sacked.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Just now, Stephen Muddie said:

I'd suggest not leaving early whilst booing if we fail to beat Motherwell, but staging a sit-in protest at FT, refusing to leave until he's sacked.

Saddens me to say it but bring plenty sandwiches with you!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Perhaps, but I think it's hugely risky, therefore would prefer to be 100% about it, because a post-CL scenario is far from certain success. Especially given a new man will be able to sign nobody and the club will be in a transitional phase throughout a tough and important run of games. Appreciate that post mate.

Most managers have to take over other managers players, there’s still free agents if it’s absolutely necessary. Levein rightly said this is the best squad he’s had, I believe the players are there and a good manager will get them going. I’ve still no idea the best way to convince Ann to relieve him of control over the first team without harming the club.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Have you thought of hiring a plane? And I only say that half-jokingly.

Something a bit more diplomatic with the same meaning.

7480A388-C55F-4D7D-8977-3531AAA53745.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Stephen Muddie
Just now, allyby said:

Saddens me to say it but bring plenty sandwiches with you!

:rofl: Sad thing is, you're probably spot on.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Most managers have to take over other managers players, there’s still free agents if it’s absolutely necessary. Levein rightly said this is the best squad he’s had, I believe the players are there and a good manager will get them going. I’ve still no idea the best way to convince Ann to relieve him of control over the first team without harming the club.

Yeah I get that, can't disagree. Another manager MAY WELL get them all firing. Equally maybe not, which is my biggest worry in all this: A new man coming in, not hitting the ground running, and losing our support almost immediately. On your last part, totally agree. No idea either.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Something a bit more diplomatic with the same meaning.

97012C2C-A070-4521-85F2-51F6C97FE515.jpeg

:rofl: That would be a cracker. To be fair though, Craig would probably find it funny as well.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

:rofl: Sad thing is, you're probably spot on.

Yeah I get that, can't disagree. Another manager MAY WELL get them all firing. Equally maybe not, which is my biggest worry in all this: A new man coming in, not hitting the ground running, and losing our support almost immediately. On your last part, totally agree. No idea either.

I don’t think we could be worse to be honest.

Stephen Muddie
4 minutes ago, Mort said:

His fault for Cathro and should have been fully emptied right there and then but got the managers job instead.

Indeed, although through the furore at the time, I suspected Ann was giving CL an opportunity to live or die by his sword at that point. Now? Given he's made it past several sacking points (IMO), I'm doubting that was the case at all.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think we could be worse to be honest.

49% of me feels this way.

YouLetYourClubDie

Over half the JKB members want Levein or his defacto puppet to keep control of our club. Extremely sad and frightening that this is where we are 5 years after Admin. 

16 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Over half the JKB members want Levein or his defacto puppet to keep control of our club. Extremely sad and frightening that this is where we are 5 years after Admin. 

“ Defacto puppet” ?

To whom are you referring?

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

“ Defacto puppet” ?

Think he means whoever gets the manager job, should CL stay as DoF. Academic hopefully, as if he gets sacked he shouldn't be able to go back to that role. If he miraculously turns this around and we have a good season (!) I think he'd have a chance of resigning and moving back upstairs. THEN the boy's comment might have a bit more to it. IMO of course. Not factual.

YouLetYourClubDie
11 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

“ Defacto puppet” ?

It was Neilson and Cathro before but now people want Levein to stay as DOF and appoint another defacto puppet. Don't understand why people think we should be a training ground for managers. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Here is an amazing idea but I’m not sure if it’ll catch on.

we advertise the job(you still with me) 

potential managers apply(still with me)

we narrow it down to the best candidates for the job and pick the one most suited or who impresses most.

now you asking that question is a joke.

how can anyone tell you who you’re to throw your support behind until we know what managers are in for the job!!

1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Even though I'm guessing we both voted Stay, this is for me a ridiculous post. It's not OUR job to recruit managers, after all. Sorry if this seems like a dig, I just hate this sort of chat. Same happens regards players where I'll say similar ie "we are not football managers"

Ok, here's a better question for 1874. Who's interviewing the candidates? You dont trust Budge.  Who are the candidates impressing? All 8000 subscribers? You dont want Levein anywhere near interviewing a new manager while still director of football. I need more from you. 

For Stephen, didnt take it as a dig. I'm just tired of reading about firing Levein but having no clue as to who is or might be available. Fans think we're split now. Do these same fans think the new man will be 100% supported by all. Robbo wouldnt be supported 100% on here. Not even Skacel would.

The original post was me supposedly being sarcastic because they have no names. Just a bunch of useless rhetoric.

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Ok, here's a better question for 1874. Who's interviewing the candidates? You dont trust Budge.  Who are the candidates impressing? All 8000 subscribers? You dont want Levein anywhere near interviewing a new manager while still director of football. I need more from you. 

For Stephen, didnt take it as a dig. I'm just tired of reading about firing Levein but having no clue as to who is or might be available. Fans think we're split now. Do these same fans think the new man will be 100% supported by all. Robbo wouldnt be supported 100% on here. Not even Skacel would.

The original post was me supposedly being sarcastic because they have no names. Just a bunch of useless rhetoric.

The new DoF would do the hiring.

30 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Whoever was made director of football and I’d need to wait and see a list for that also.

27 minutes ago, siegementality said:

So essentially 92% want Levein removed as manager. Pretty damning.

Over 52% want him to remain at the club, pretty good support considering how poor we've been.

I don't see the hang up about who decides on the new manager. If the skill sets are not in place on the board employ consultants, that's what every other industry would do. 

siegementality
12 minutes ago, graygo said:

Over 52% want him to remain at the club, pretty good support considering how poor we've been.

So 92% think he’s a shit manager and 52% think he’s a good DOF.

So if he’s sacked as manager 92% of people will be happy. If he remains as DOF then 52% of people will be happy.

Pretty clear what to do then.

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

So 92% think he’s a shit manager and 52% think he’s a good DOF.

So if he’s sacked as manager 92% of people will be happy. If he remains as DOF then 52% of people will be happy.

Pretty clear what to do then.

This place will be a hoot if he stays on as DoF.

siegementality
11 minutes ago, graygo said:

For the 52% or the 48%?

92% will just be happy he’s no longer manager. When was the last time there was that level of happiness on here 😉

not the ideal time to sack the head coach but about as good as it gets with the international break here, At least for a temporary manager to get to know what players can do what, the more she prevaricates  the harder it will be for the new guy

BRAVEHEART1874

or still remain a few games and see if we can improve as some of the players can help by them stop making stupid basic errors =  where is the st johnstone option ;)

Edited by BRAVEHEART1874
smilie

49 minutes ago, graygo said:

Thats a weird sense of humour you have there bud....

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, graygo said:

You're going against the majority if you think we should have a new DoF.

I’m used to it, I’ve wanted him out the dugout for over 18 months. I just don’t see how he can go back upstairs and not be involved in first team matters whilst giving the new guy autonomy. Do you think it could work?

39 minutes ago, siegementality said:

For the 52% or the 48%?

92% will just be happy he’s no longer manager. When was the last time there was that level of happiness on here 😉

There won't be 92% happy just because he is no longer manager though.

There will be 47% happy if he is no longer manager and no longer at the club.

There will be 45% happy if he is no longer manager but still DoF.

Whatever happens more than half of us will be unhappy.

How do you fix that?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m used to it, I’ve wanted him out the dugout for over 18 months. I just don’t see how he can go back upstairs and not be involved in first team matters whilst giving the new guy autonomy. Do you think it could work?

It did to an extent with Robbie Neilson. (as long as you believe he had full autonomy)

Ricardo Quaresma

Only good idea at the moment, other than no change to the status quo, is back to Director

With Paulo as Head Coach

siegementality
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

There won't be 92% happy just because he is no longer manager though.

There will be 47% happy if he is no longer manager and no longer at the club.

There will be 45% happy if he is no longer manager but still DoF.

Whatever happens more than half of us will be unhappy.

How do you fix that?

92% being happy he is no longer the manager is good enough for me.

As for how do you fix that? Better ask Levein, apparently he can fix things, despite the last two and a bit years telling us otherwise.

2 hours ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Extremely sad and frightening 

:rofl:

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

It did to an extent with Robbie Neilson. (as long as you believe he had full autonomy)

I don’t, Levein himself said he couldn’t help interfering. Let’s not go over old ground but for example the signing of Swanson encapsulates the dynamic. He was enforced on Neilson but he chose not to play him. Let’s not forget Liam Fox used to scuttle down from the Old Stand on 60 minutes just before the subs were usually made when Neilson was there.The DoF should be involved with the first team, not to the extent Levein was, and as such I think we need a new direction with clear out and a new DoF/HC and coaches.

Will the Levein haters end up as hypocrites  or are they people of principle??

Cup Final(s) .... will they swallow their bile and attend?? Qualification for Europe season 2020/21 - will they attend games??

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Cup Final(s) .... will they swallow their bile and attend?? Qualification for Europe season 2020/21 - will they attend games??

We are joint bottom of the league and have won only 4 games this calendar year 🙈🙈🙈

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

We are joint bottom of the league and have won only 4 games this calendar year 🙈🙈🙈

Were gonna win the cup ....

37 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

😂😂😂😂

Stephen Muddie
5 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

ForStephen, didnt take it as a dig. I'm just tired of reading about firing Levein but having no clue as to who is or might be available. Fans think we're split now. Do these same fans think the new man will be 100% supported by all. Robbo wouldnt be supported 100% on here. Not even Skacel would.

It's not up to the fans to pick managers. It never has been and it never will be. So, on that basis, talking about who we could get (or have no hope of getting) is kind of irrelevant. We are a big club, get 17k if we're just ok, in a league that the 3rd force has won 4 times out of about 150. We have huge potential. Anybody who even remotely gets football gets that. We are an appealing number IMO. No need to be worried WHO in my opinion. I'm much more worried about timing.

1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

It's not up to the fans to pick managers. It never has been and it never will be. So, on that basis, talking about who we could get (or have no hope of getting) is kind of irrelevant. We are a big club, get 17k if we're just ok, in a league that the 3rd force has won 4 times out of about 150. We have huge potential. Anybody who even remotely gets football gets that. We are an appealing number IMO. No need to be worried WHO in my opinion. I'm much more worried about timing.

By the same token it's not up to the fans to sack a manager either.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
32 minutes ago, graygo said:

So it's time Budge done her ****ing job and removes Craig Levein with immediate effect. Get someone in who knows how to set up a cohesive football team. Our football department in an absolute embarrassment, Levein is a terrible coach now and he's taking the club for a ride. If he had any respect for Budge he would have left by now.

Stephen Muddie
53 minutes ago, graygo said:

Of course, but it's up to a chairperson to do what's correct in order to keep the customers interested.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

49 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

So it's time Budge done her ****ing job and removes Craig Levein with immediate effect. Get someone in who knows how to set up a cohesive football team. Our football department in an absolute embarrassment, Levein is a terrible coach now and he's taking the club for a ride. If he had any respect for Budge he would have left by now.

34 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Of course, but it's up to a chairperson to do what's correct in order to keep the customers interested.

The simple fact is that she doesn't seem to agree with you. As the owner of the club that is her prerogative.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
38 minutes ago, graygo said:

The simple fact is that she doesn't seem to agree with you. As the owner of the club that is her prerogative.

Nah, she's just too weak or has had some sort of traumatic brain injury if she doesn’t realise Levein needs punted with immediate effect. 

The footballing department is a circus and it's on her watch. Her last chance to rid us of Levein and look like she actually gives a **** about the football side has now passed.

Defeat from Dunfermline and Tynecastle is going to be a wonderful place to be. Budge can scuttle away from the abuse but Levein can't. :sweeet:

He should have walked away but instead has chosen to show he only cares about himself. Deserves everything that's coming to him.