Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

This is like waiting on an exam result when you are not overly confident you’ve done enough to pass. 

No idea what that feels like.  :verysmug:

Spoiler

Mainly because it was so bloody long ago I can't remember :( 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

No idea what that feels like.  :verysmug:

Hide contents

Mainly because it was so bloody long ago I can't remember :( 

I haven’t sat an exam in about 35 years but this brings it all flooding back. 😳

A bit of balance and realism in article which is more about general position, not fans views. 

Edited by Mikey1874

42 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

My bottom often resembles the Japanese flag. I doubt unfurling my curry-ravaged anus would bag me the hat-trick strip from Ryo though.

I'll still try

Apt username

45 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

As I understand it, they assess it on the basis of could the club sign a British or EU player of a similar standard to the Japanese lad. If the panel think we could, then no permit. If they think we couldn't, then permit is supplied. 

Yes, but we are not signing him, Man City did.  We are only applying for a WP on basis of a loan signing.  Why Man City had not applied is the question.  Obviously, Hearts could not afford to permanently sign a British or EU player of similar standard as he is way out of our price bracket.   Fingers crossed.

Shanks said no
54 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Seems the easiest way to acquire the match worn top of the player, after he he scores his first Skacelesque hat-trick.  😍

Just let me dream...

Shatsu o onegaishimasu already written on it

Dr Ian Malcolm
11 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Yes, but we are not signing him, Man City did.  We are only applying for a WP on basis of a loan signing.  Why Man City had not applied is the question.  Obviously, Hearts could not afford to permanently sign a British or EU player of similar standard as he is way out of our price bracket.   Fingers crossed.

Man City didn't apply because he wouldn't qualify, either under the number of caps criteria or being an exceptional talent in the context of playing for Man City. The hope is, if they decide he might do a job for them in the future, that a year playing in Britain will help their application further down the line.

alwaysthereinspirit
23 minutes ago, Boris said:

Whatever floats your boat...:oohmatron:

I knew. I knew in my head I should have thought of all the permutations the wording could backfire. Damn you to hell JKB.

3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I knew. I knew in my head I should have thought of all the permutations the wording could backfire. Damn you to hell JKB.

:rofl:

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

Permit will be granted................at 2200hours tonight. 

Excellent. He can take the first penalty.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

My bottom often resembles the Japanese flag. I doubt unfurling my curry-ravaged anus would bag me the hat-trick strip from Ryo though.

I'll still try

27 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Apt username

I'd have thought TheBigA would have been more apt 😲🇯🇵

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

What's the Japanese word for bumped?

Getting that feeling.

I've had it in the back of my mind that there's a chance our angry reaction last week put him off

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I've had it in the back of my mind that there's a chance our angry reaction last week put him off

Or "FFS I can get in this team no problem". 

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Och, a wee bit of gentle tutting under our breaths...

I'll still try

Or maybe more like a rusty sheriffs badge?

I'll still try

There was me trying to figure out what to have for dinner tonight ☹️

Think it will be a later  meal now after reading your nicely descriptive post. 😂

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Who is representing us given that we have a game in a couple hours? 

Bobby Zlamal.

Not a chance this is getting announced tonight.. they are 100% concentrating on the game tonight. It will late late tonight or tomorrow earliest

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Who is representing us given that we have a game in a couple hours? 

I'm excited for this boy!

According to a poster earlier seen mcphee suited up on the train, so possibly him (not sure if any truth in the post, but no reason to doubt him/her tho)

Think he will be a pleasure to watch, and hopefully light this league up if the permit is granted

5 minutes ago, jambotony said:

Not a chance this is getting announced tonight.. they are 100% concentrating on the game tonight. It will late late tonight or tomorrow earliest

Although if hearing is today, they say the decision is today. Craig has pre match interviews with TV and radio. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

Given the league title sponsor is about to quit - getting SPFL teams noticed by any audience is essential. This is a potential opportunity to showcase the league in Asia so could be a positive reason to go ahead with the application. 

Spl matches are already shown on numerous websites in China, I think there was a deal made a couple of years back.

Even tonights game is on  a couple of betting websites, even though gambling is illegal.

Not sure if Scottish football is available in Japan ect, Thailand ect.

StevenNaismith

I haven’t heard anything about the outcome but the feeling seemed to be that it would be a formality. We will find out at some point today I’d imagine.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

It will be a no lads stop getting excited although I hope I’m wrong.

That's what I like to read, good old fashioned optimism. 🙄

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

I haven’t heard anything about the outcome but the feeling seemed to be that it would be a formality. We will find out at some point today I’d imagine.

Can you see him signing?

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Only the Old Firm have formalities as far as this is concerned.    No doubt the panel will be moving heaven and earth in an effort to thwart us.

Edited by Deevers

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

"can you see him signing" dear oh dear do you actually mean that duhhhh

Has he signed?have I missed something?

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

🤣

No seriously, it's Bobby doing the presentation. That's partly why it's taking so long - he started to come into the room, then checked and went back to the door, then came in again, then back.... this started at 2:30, he's just made it as far as the panel - and has put in a two footed tackle on Pat Bonner. So things not looking too rosy.

Jambo, Goodbye
14 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Spl matches are already shown on numerous websites in China, I think there was a deal made a couple of years back.

Even tonights game is on  a couple of betting websites, even though gambling is illegal.

Not sure if Scottish football is available in Japan ect, Thailand ect.

Loads of football fans in Asia don't even know Scotland has it's own league. No promotion and no interest.

People routinely think I'm from England because that's what the UK actually is to many folk outside of Europe. Even some Americans. 

To answer your question,  no channels in Asia show scottish football as far as i know. Some pubs might let ex-pats hook up to Hearts TV though. 

Weirdly,  tonight's game is on in Syria however. If that counts as Asia. 

This is more exciting than waiting for Vanacek to sign, and that was sensational fun all round.

2 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Loads of football fans in Asia don't even know Scotland has it's own league. No promotion and no interest.

People routinely think I'm from England because that's what the UK actually is to many folk outside of Europe. Even some Americans. 

To answer your question,  no channels in Asia show scottish football as far as i know. Some pubs might let ex-pats hook up to Hearts TV though. 

Think the SPFL lost its rights with Bein Sports last year and it hasn't been replaced. Despite being Qatati Bein is still the main football provider across the Middle East and is in a good chunk of the rest of Asia.

I doubt Scottish football is available in any country where Bein is one of the main providers now.

Absolute shambles.

10 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

メッシュノ亮太郎はクソ目標マシン

彼のプレイを見たことがありますか?

11 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

No seriously, it's Bobby doing the presentation. That's partly why it's taking so long - he started to come into the room, then checked and went back to the door, then came in again, then back.... this started at 2:30, he's just made it as far as the panel - and has put in a two footed tackle on Pat Bonner. So things not looking too rosy.

:rofl:

Jambo, Goodbye
4 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Think the SPFL lost its rights with Bein Sports last year and it hasn't been replaced. Despite being Qatati Bein is still the main football provider across the Middle East and is in a good chunk of the rest of Asia.

I doubt Scottish football is available in any country where Bein is one of the main providers now.

Absolute shambles.

I use an app called Live Football TV, which lists all the countries showing Hearts games. It still lists "beIN" sports as showing the game tonight but only in the middle east and Australasia. I never see them mentioned in east or south Asia. 

The app could be wrong but would be a pretty massive error. All i know is,  I'm reliant on feeds being posted on here 😕

1400882780_Screenshot_20190817-005631_LiveSoccerTV.thumb.jpg.f54babe4dfb9a40d515ae4cfa97b6132.jpg

10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Last two signings we all got proper excited for that dragged out...

Oshaniwa

Vanacek

Naismith?

Whelan?

Damour?

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, H2 said:

彼のプレイを見たことがありますか?

はい-YouTubeで

21 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Yup the majority of Chinese always ask If I am an American - then English, even when I say Scottish in Chinese they look blankly at me.

Spfl signed a deal with a Chinese streaming service in 2017, seems to have been ongoing from 2013.

As for actual channels on a tv box, I can get one but it's pricey and I don't tend to watch a lot of TV, but I can get an illegal box with bbc, fox, espn, sky for around 400 pounds per year and again illegal.

It has become more difficult for streams after Australia stopped showing games. There was Setanta and another channel for life of me I can't remember the name.

Ah ty, E6 Inc - yup it was Bein

Edited by Neon

Boyces beard
7 minutes ago, H2 said:

彼のプレイを見たことがありますか?

Nope only his little youtube quote, the post was in relation  to what has to be his song if he does get a permit , as someone said earlier in the thread "Ryatoro is a fekin goal Meshino"