afanderson33

Ann Budge’s review of the football department

Haringshairband

Utter drivel. More piss poor decisions being made by the board. I'm not going back until he's gone and I'm seriously considering my pledge now. **** off Ann.

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

This is looking more like the answer 

Been saying it for days now.  Can;t agree more.

Maroonblood22

Genuinely shocked at this. I’ve never had a bad word to say about Budge but **** me that’s a shocker of a statement and absolute contempt for the fans.

Just when we thought it was only Levein we needed rid of!

No wonder he says how relaxed he is in his interviews, absolute bombproof.

GorgieBoysAreInTown

Scared to even mention a potential boycott of the Kilmarnock game because too many will come back with the ‘back the team’ nonsense!! 

If we want change we have to do something that extreme!! Why let it go on and on? This is our club

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

How to undo all the great work she has done in one swoop, as already said very poor statement 

It's like one of Romanov's

He is not 'all powerful' we're meant to be a professional football club

Selkirkhmfc1874

December's agm will be interesting if status quo continues until then 

1874robbo

Total clearout from top to bottom needed!!!

taking the fans for fools here!!

silly woman.

Mid Calder Jambo
Just now, GorgieBoysAreInTown said:

Scared to even mention a potential boycott of the Kilmarnock game because too many will come back with the ‘back the team’ nonsense!! 

If we want change we have to do something that extreme!! Why let it go on and on? This is our club

I won;t be there unless he is gone.  Said i am not going back until he is away so count me in for boycott.

graygo
1 minute ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

We as fans need to carefully consider our position here because what she has just come out and said it pitiful.  I said i would not be back until he is gone and I stand by that.  The two are bad as each other.  This club is crying out for a takeover bid because we can;t stand much mopre of her being in charge.

Fuming doesn;t even get close at the moment.

A takeover bid?

FFS, I'm away for a lie doon. 

I would worry if you are an FoH subscriber.

ford donald
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

What I'm taking from it is she won't be swayed by criticism and has her own mind. I can understand her reasons for keeping CL I just don't agree with them. 

I think the statement is pretty decent. 

Tin hat attached.... 

She knows **** a** about the football side, that's very obvious now.

Jambos1983

People did want a statement

Ibrahim Tall

Car crash of a statement. That’s actually up their with some of Vlads for condescending nonsense.

”To all genuine Hearts supporters”, Jesus Christ.

Seems Ann has made her choice and with it she’s now probably a bigger problem than Levein himself.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

maroonlegions

Paid £500 for a season ticket and the year before that and pay my DDs to FOH ,  now, the shite we have seen on the park, outwith a few games, 4-0 v Smeltic came about because of one person and he is just been given the right to piss on me from a great height..

There is loyalty but those that take advantage of  such loyalty are playing a  very dangerous game.    

Oily lee  was right...

FTH.

scotty2442

Part one is clearly a middle finger up at the fans

And Part 2 is a big middle finger up to Michael Stewart

I've always supported Budge, but she has got this beyond wrong, and shes now backed herself into a corner where Levein is not sackable in the near future. 

The only way we get rid of Levein now is if he does the right thing and walks.......and we all know the likelihood of that.  

jamboshorty

Poor and misjudged statement from Budge . Also concerning is that its on behalf of the board meaning the 2 FOH agreed to it. They are ignoring majority of members of FOH. 

Barack

Utter wank. From first letter until last.

Smack
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's like one of Romanov's

He is not 'all powerful' we're meant to be a professional football club

Bit unfair on Vlad. Same kind of rhetoric mind you, media monkeys and all that. 

Jeff

Best squad we've had in her time.... aye Mulraney, Uche, Maclean, Berra, Brandon, Doyle, Zlamal, Pereira, DIkamona, Henderson and Morrison are brilliant right enough

RS86

Did they not believe in Cathros plan enough before he was punted? Craig has had more resource, more time and proceeded to oversee a worse run of form. I don't get it?

As someone who was desperate for Levein to succeed until very recently and falsely optimistic about things changing this statement has just annoyed me tbh. There have been people who have been calling for him to be punted for quite some time so can only imagine they'd read that and be more annoyed

Tennant's  6's

Bloody patronising,  antagonising statement. 

5 games, eh?..

Continuous performance reviews to the Board?

That board are weak, the club is weak. We don't expect success, but should be at least in the running for Europe and Cup Final appearances. 

Nothing much to take from that statement,  just adds more fuel to the fire 

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, graygo said:

A takeover bid?

Somebody must see us as a business opportunity, run the right way.  She is certainly not running the club IMHO the right way.  Regardless of FOH or whatever hearts and any other other are a takeover opportunity every working day. Whilst it was said a bit tongue in cheek if that is the way that we have to go to remove her i for one would support it.

1874robbo
7 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Finally got on the site to read the statement and although he may not be sacked right now, as many people want, he will be relieved of first team duties if things don’t improve.

How did you come to that conclusion reading that statement?

Robbo-Jambo

What a ridiculous statement. 

He has the worst record of any Hearts manager on this run and she is still behind him.

Beyond ****** belief. 

Utterly arrogant woman totally disregarding the fans. 

Wham Bam Austin McCann
5 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Utter drivel. More piss poor decisions being made by the board. I'm not going back until he's gone and I'm seriously considering my pledge now. **** off Ann.

A temporary halt in pledges is the ONLY thing that will even get her attention. The club won't lose money - we can stick aside the payments we would have made and once hes out put it back in to the club.

busby1985

And people slaughtered me for saying we are at war with the club........

As big a middle finger up to the fans as you will see. 

Stanley_

Absolutely terrible statement.  I have always backed her but that statement is just awful.  She would have been better saying nothing.

I'm also not sure about these claims of us having a strong squad (some fans say it too).  Where is the evidence that our squad is stronger now than before?  The results certainly don't show it.

August Landmesser

Is it just me, but I think that statement is fairly inoffensive (apart from all the ellipses of course)

1.Plenty of information on how the club has tried to address problems in the past; the problems of 17/18 (shite football and Cathro) were different to those of 18/19 (injuries absolutely ****ing us when we were top of the league), and the problems of 19/20 are (so far) a result of steps taken to address 18/19 problems (i.e. a big squad of new players intended to provide injury cover)

2. Admission that the board etc don't always get it right, but that when they make mistakes they do try to fix them; we've stopped major infrastructure spending in order to focus on the team - plenty people on here were clamouring for that when various design decisions were being made about the new stand.

3. A clear explanation of CL's roles and responsibilities and accountability to the board - i.e. he doesn't have power over his own employment (which should be obvious to anyone who knows how a job works). That's clear enough for even the Sportsound mob to understand I reckon.

4. Clarification of rumours in the press, and a 'shut up' to Michael Stewart and Gary Mackay (plenty people on here have said that in the past)  

I'm not sure what people really expect just now. As she clearly points out, "Be assured that [the board] are not ‘burying our heads in the sand’; we are in constant dialogue about performances and what is going wrong on the pitch".

That seems obvious to me that if things don't improve - with this new, better, more expensive squad - that change will happen.

For now, that's the state of play, things won't change before 5pm on Sunday, so I'm going to get along to Easter Road and support the team. 

And the 'genuine Hearts fans' line hasn't riled me up one bit. It was clearly aimed at the bigoted wee shites who don't give a **** about the club's reputation and just want to sing their 'folk songs' and chuck flares on our pitch. 

*tin hat on*

Seymour M Hersh
12 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

The only manager to actually get a vote of confidence and its actually legit. 

:laugh:

rudi must stay

Wouldn't be unlike Levein or Hearts for him to have left after being given the thumbs up. Maybe that's why the websites down, 'how dare she'd mention how I'm doing, and on the internet'

Coco

This genuine supporter client wants Levein and MacPhee and Budge out

Italian Lambretta

In light of this rediculous statement by Ann Budge should we now have a Poll asking Genuine Hearts fans if they want her to remain at the club in her current position. She has said in the past that if the fans did not want her running the club anymore she would consider standing down. Well sadly i think that time has arrived. 

i8hibsh
14 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

To all who are contemplating stopping your gocardless dd’s

The only way to get rid is, to buy her out, stopping your dd’s will mean she carries on as the OWNER of our club.

PLEDGE FOR LIFE.

She is going nowhere either way.

SpruceBringsteen

I'm sorry, but that's an utterly ****ing ridiculous statement. Tone deaf and borderline offensive.

Tennant's  6's
Just now, RS86 said:

Did they not believe in Cathros plan enough before he was punted? Craig has had more resource, more time and proceeded to oversee a worse run of form. I don't get it?

As someone who was desperate for Levein to succeed until very recently and falsely optimistic about things changing this statement has just annoyed me tbh. There have been people who have been calling for him to be punted for quite some time so can only imagine they'd read that and be more annoyed

That's the problem with the statement,  it will just rile most folk. Almost dismisses the sheer force of goodwill , and £, that the fans have poured into the club. 

Results had better pick up pronto or things will get really ugly 

Dinger

im clinging on to the hope that the statement is the usual "we support the manager" message that owners say shortly before the manager is given the boot 

Edited by Dinger

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

A takeover bid?

How did it come about that the lunatics have taken over the Kickback asylum? 

I'm away for a lie-doon anaw. Over and out.

Jap Jambo

Well looks like she just went all in. Rounding on the media and inferring fans are not being genuine because they aren't blind to what is happening is a sad state of affairs indeed. Looks like she'll be going down with the ship.

As for the comments on injuries no I'm not a medical person but I am a numbers person and I would suggest there is no way that what is repeatedly happening is just bad luck; it's happening to us far more than anyone else. Whether the blame lies at the door of recruiting players at the end of their careers, the training regime, the medical department or most likely a combination thereof it need analysed and fixed.

Fun Boaby

In a nutshell, Leveins future is now down to results.  

Jambo_Gaz

Budge and Levein OUT. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

What's just as worrying is there's 2 guys on the board representing hearts supporters from foh and they're backing Craig levein ? 

Jambos1983
2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Is it just me, but I think that statement is fairly inoffensive (apart from all the ellipses of course)

1.Plenty of information on how the club has tried to address problems in the past; the problems of 17/18 (shite football and Cathro) were different to those of 18/19 (injuries absolutely ****ing us when we were top of the league), and the problems of 19/20 are (so far) a result of steps taken to address 18/19 problems (i.e. a big squad of new players intended to provide injury cover)

2. Admission that the board etc don't always get it right, but that when they make mistakes they do try to fix them; we've stopped major infrastructure spending in order to focus on the team - plenty people on here were clamouring for that when various design decisions were being made about the new stand.

3. A clear explanation of CL's roles and responsibilities and accountability to the board - i.e. he doesn't have power over his own employment (which should be obvious to anyone who knows how a job works). That's clear enough for even the Sportsound mob to understand I reckon.

4. Clarification of rumours in the press, and a 'shut up' to Michael Stewart and Gary Mackay (plenty people on here have said that in the past)  

I'm not sure what people really expect just now. As she clearly points out, "Be assured that [the board] are not ‘burying our heads in the sand’; we are in constant dialogue about performances and what is going wrong on the pitch".

That seems obvious to me that if things don't improve - with this new, better, more expensive squad - that change will happen.

For now, that's the state of play, things won't change before 5pm on Sunday, so I'm going to get along to Easter Road and support the team. 

And the 'genuine Hearts fans' line hasn't riled me up one bit. It was clearly aimed at the bigoted wee shites who don't give a **** about the club's reputation and just want to sing their 'folk songs' and chuck flares on our pitch. 

*tin hat on*

Couldn't agree more. 

Fareastjambo

All the talk about the plans they have talked about together ........    well, Anne, it’s clear to most folk that the plans aren’t working and it’s time to rethink!  So disappointed with her statement. I just wonder what Levein’s input is at these board meetings for her to continue to stand by her man! Gobsmacked! 

feedtheroman2

If we get beat on Sunday then oh ya fecker. It ain't going to be pretty.

DarioHMFC
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

How did you come to that conclusion reading that statement?

She said as much at the end of the statement. What do you think she’s going to say if he’s not going to get the punt immediately? Do you seriously expect something like 3 games to save his job in a public statement?

leginten

It’s quite appalling. The worst bit is the snide address to “all genuine Hearts supporters”. What a low-rent comment for someone running Hearts to make. Who does she think is worried about our continued slump under Levein?

I agree with the poster above who said she is now part of the problem. I can’t wait for her to go if that pile of contemptible crap is her best reaction to the current mess at the club.

Jodami

Jesus, we have managers for everything and come up with a press release like this. It's the usual homespun shite that looks exactly like it's been written by an overbearing pensioner. She is more pissed off that people have been criticising the structure of the club than the results on the park. Wrong minded, delusional and evidence that she cares little about the footballing side. FoH, get the club bought, change our reps on the board (they remind me of the Lib Dems in the coalition) and move on from this tragic nonsense.

Footballfirst

CL's input to Board Meetings

Sept 18 - Things are going great, all down to me

Oct 18 - Still going great, but the injury to Naismith killed us in the league cup semi

Nov 18 - Injuries are making it difficult for us. It's outside my control

Dec 18 - ditto ..... need more players

Jan 19 - ditto

Feb 19 - ditto

Mar 19 - ditto

Apr 19 - ditto

May 19 - ditto ....... and didn't we do well in our defeat in the cup final

Jun 19 - ditto ....... need more players

Jul 19 - ditto ....... but didn't we do well to get out of the group of death in the league cup

Aug 19 - ditto 

Sep 19 - ditto ....... and how about making a statement to shut up that fookin Michael Stewart for a while 

1971fozzy

I wanted a statement and got a pile of cack.

ach well. 

I have a ticket for Sunday and Wednesday and fair enough if we win these but if we are sticking with Levein and our losing run then can just see me staying in the boozer for Killie tbh.

i8hibsh
Just now, Fareastjambo said:

All the talk about the plans they have talked about together ........    well, Anne, it’s clear to most folk that the plans aren’t working and it’s time to rethink!  So disappointed with her statement. I just wonder what Levein’s input is at these board meetings for her to continue to stand by her man! Gobsmacked! 

None of the plans are for the men's team. She has made plenty of plans tho tbf. I believe a new book case in the library for one. There will be plenty of room soon.

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

In light of this rediculous statement by Ann Budge should we now have a Poll asking Genuine Hearts fans if they want her to remain at the club in her current position. She has said in the past that if the fans did not want her running the club anymore she would consider standing down. Well sadly i think that time has arrived. 

Is she actually wanting to find a way out? 

Makes you wonder with a horrendous statement like that.