afanderson33

Ann Budge’s review of the football department

Des Lynam
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

do you think Hearts should win the league every year?

Do you? 

Zlatanable
7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

A Football review. 

First team results should be the most important thing at the club.  

4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Do you? 

of course not. 

I want Hearts to win it at least once this century though.

Des Lynam
Just now, Zlatanable said:

of course not. 

I want Hearts to win it at least once this century though.

The first team? 

Zlatanable
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

The first team? 

what did you think I meant

Kiwidoug
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I am looking forward to a powerpoint presentation on a massive screen at Tynecastle, with free biscuits and time set aside for booing at the end.

Brilliant.

sandylejambo

She can't be reviewing the football department, if she was the whole coaching staff would be emptied by now

pointon

Football review 

cake and bake sale followed by face painting 

i8hibsh
7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I don't think it will be like that. There is more to it. Imo

Apologies.

Conclusion = Craig, the boy band wannabe and the hippie are doing a fine job.

i8hibsh
11 minutes ago, pointon said:

Football review 

Don't forget the spelling bee.

Stephen Muddie
31 minutes ago, pointon said:

Football review 

:gok:

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:arry:

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Apologies.

lol - Who, pray tell, is the "boy band wannabe"?

been here before
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Apologies.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

How does it go...

20190903_121704.jpg.93638ac5789e701aeffd368e7e18a8e6.jpg

i8hibsh
1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

:gok:

:arry:

lol - Who, pray tell, is the "boy band wannabe"?

Daly with his earpiece

Stephen Muddie
14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Daly with his earpiece

Ah I see, I wondered if you perhaps were referencing Gallacher's deep tan and hairdo.

mitch41
12 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

That’s No answer to Des Lynam’s post. 

mitch41

One question I have about the Ann Budge review of the football dept. is who is she taking advice from ?

Could it be Mr Craig Levein her Director of Football ?

If so we’re ######.

mitch41
12 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

She can't be reviewing the football department, if she was the whole coaching staff would be emptied by now

Will the review last as long as it takes Levein to get a result then ' hay presto ' out comes the review.

CL moves to a full-time DOF and Jon Daly with Austin McPhee take total charge of all first team matters.

with Fox and Kirk being joined by A.N.Other.

Zlatanable

This football review has become increasingly important. 

Hearts have 3 games in 7 days coming up. Away to Hibs Sun 22nd, home to the Dons Wed 25th (QF) and away to St Mirren on the Sat 28th.

The planning and preparations for those games will have already started by now. After that, there is a week until Sat 5th Oct, home to Killie. And after that, there is an international break, home to Rangers on Sun 20th Oct.

So I can't see any announcements until at least after the League Cup QF. (Romanov would not have seen it like this.)

But, I could be wrong. 

What I hope is happening, is this review, is highlighting the weakness in having 'all the eggs in the same basket situation' with Craig Levein, and there needs to be a a gap between DoF and Manager. At the very least. 

And I hope Ann Budge and the Board saw the protests on Saturday, and thought to themselves, this situation needs to be addressed, because this isn't working.

It's a horrible atmosphere at the moment, and I feel for some of the younger players. These negative feedback loops are horrible things to be involved in.   

Zlatanable

This review of football operations, will come first.

I cannot see any announcement, or change until after the next two games, as they are so soon.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

This review of football operations, will come first.

I cannot see any announcement, or change until after the next two games, as they are so soon.

Maybe it will review the number of coaches and loan managers and decide that rationalising them might create more money for a managerial wage?

Radical.

Zlatanable
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Maybe it will review the number of coaches and loan managers and decide that rationalising them might create more money for a managerial wage?

Radical.

Higher cost manager doesn't need staff, and neither do the players? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Higher cost manager doesn't need staff, and neither do the players? 

Do they need this volume?

Zlatanable
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Do they need this volume?

what are you talking about @Geoff Kilpatrick , how many coaches do Hearts need, in your opinion. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Zlatanable said:

what are you talking about @Geoff Kilpatrick , how many coaches do Hearts need, in your opinion. 

Ok, if Liam Fox resigned tomorrow would it be necessary to replace him?

Is a loans manager needed?

Just two for starters.

Zlatanable
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Just two for starters.

You seem to know everything @Geoff Kilpatrick , how many coaches do Hearts need?

Tell us. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

You seem to know everything @Geoff Kilpatrick , how many coaches do Hearts need?

Tell us. 

I've already said above. A second coach for the first team and a loans manager are surplus to requirements.

Glamorgan Jambo

Suspect we'll hear something tomorrow (Tuesday)

Whatever change comes we won't see a change to the basic structure right now and won't see multiple dismissals.

Zlatanable
1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Suspect we'll hear something tomorrow (Tuesday)

Whatever change comes we won't see a change to the basic structure right now and won't see multiple dismissals.

It would be a bold move to announce something tomorrow. 

Kiwidoug

You can help thinking that's she's out of her depth on football matters and is relying solely on levein for advice.  Sadly, he's even further out of his depth.

TheOak88
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Just two for starters.

I have heard Liam Fox makes Mr Levein a really great coffee in the morning. He is indispensable.  

TheOak88

Can’t believe we are still awaiting this Part 2 review of the football side of the business. 

You just know Queen Anne has all typed up and is just waiting for us to scrape a win off someone before realising the usual “Craig doing a great job in difficult circumstances”

”Confident we will be challenging for top 4”

Etc etc.  

Smith's right boot
On 12/09/2019 at 02:17, sandylejambo said:

Tbf, you review then take action or there is no point in the review. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

siegementality
On 11/08/2019 at 12:26, afanderson33 said:

Ann posted a glowing review and assessment of the business side of the football club the night before the season began over a week ago and stated the whole thing was so comprehensive that she would post the footballing side in a part two. 

Here we are two games and two bad results later and absolute silence from Budge. Is she waiting for us to win a game? Or is it full of comments about the faith she has in Levein and the staff and that she won’t post it until we start winning because she doesn’t want to look silly?

deafening silence

B0C10C2A-852B-4B49-A8FD-DEE71EB75778.jpeg

Lfhearts

What's wrong with you all the women's set up is taking shape.😂

Section Q
8 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Can’t believe we are still awaiting this Part 2 review of the football side of the business. 

You just know Queen Anne has all typed up and is just waiting for us to scrape a win off someone before realising the usual “Craig doing a great job in difficult circumstances”

”Confident we will be challenging for top 4”

Etc etc.  

I think we're all tired of Ann's rhetoric and tbh Part 2 is unlikely to inspire us or resemble the Gettysburg Address. 

Sagan

How long does it take to write the word SHITE

GorgieFifeLife

Her inaction is killing us. I expected a sacking yesterday but surely today she must act.  Her silence is a real slap in the face to the fans. She is quick to communicate when she is blowing her trumpet about some community programme but goes missing when some leadership is required.  There will very soon be demonstrations aimed at removing her from the club if she does not act now.

Italian Lambretta
13 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Her inaction is killing us. I expected a sacking yesterday but surely today she must act.  Her silence is a real slap in the face to the fans. She is quick to communicate when she is blowing her trumpet about some community programme but goes missing when some leadership is required.  There will very soon be demonstrations aimed at removing her from the club if she does not act now.

Levein is doing the "mrs doubtfire" impersonation walking around with a blonde wig and a maroon tartan dress. 😀

Why else is do you think he hasnt been sacked yet. 

tolcross lad
10 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I've already said above. A second coach for the first team and a loans manager are surplus to requirements.

Not long after Ann Budge announced that a review of the football department.It was announced that we were to have a new post of Loans Manager in the form of Gary Naysmith.I thought it was an unnecessary expense at  a club the size of Hearts.We have about 10 loanees some of whom are just seeing out their contract.Naysmith made it seem like rocket science placing these young guys.Its not and in the past Daly did the job .Clubs often approached Hearts and depending on the player Hearts would reach out to some clubs.Daly Fox Kirk and Rankin see these guys play and in  training and if they cannot assess what level should suit  then they should not be in their jobs.Monitoring can be done by one of the coaching staff or a scout.Gary Naysmith will be offski as soon as a decent managerial job comes along .

Having a Loans Manager looks good modern thinking etc but at a club the size of Hearts unnecessary.All costs add up.

Whatever my opinion I would have thought that the football review would have taken place before such an appointment.

Coco
24 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Not long after Ann Budge announced that a review of the football department.It was announced that we were to have a new post of Loans Manager in the form of Gary Naysmith.I thought it was an unnecessary expense at  a club the size of Hearts.We have about 10 loanees some of whom are just seeing out their contract.Naysmith made it seem like rocket science placing these young guys.Its not and in the past Daly did the job .Clubs often approached Hearts and depending on the player Hearts would reach out to some clubs.Daly Fox Kirk and Rankin see these guys play and in  training and if they cannot assess what level should suit  then they should not be in their jobs.Monitoring can be done by one of the coaching staff or a scout.Gary Naysmith will be offski as soon as a decent managerial job comes along .

Having a Loans Manager looks good modern thinking etc but at a club the size of Hearts unnecessary.All costs add up.

Whatever my opinion I would have thought that the football review would have taken place before such an appointment.

The club has announced a number of these sort of posts in the past.  Gary Kirk was apparently Head of Recruitment (of youth coaches).  Darren Murray coach of the coaches.  There was an ex Army guy announced in some sort of chief of staff role.  A professional coach of the women's team.  A lot of cost - and where are the returns?

fabienleclerq
35 minutes ago, Coco said:

The club has announced a number of these sort of posts in the past.  Gary Kirk was apparently Head of Recruitment (of youth coaches).  Darren Murray coach of the coaches.  There was an ex Army guy announced in some sort of chief of staff role.  A professional coach of the women's team.  A lot of cost - and where are the returns?

Whether you agree about the value of the jobs or not I doubt thy are the sort of roles you will see returns from in the short term even if they are successful. 

Gambo

A big f u to the supporters that was.

KyleLafferty

That statement is a disgrace, I’ve bought my ticket for the Aberdeen game but then I won’t be back till after he’s gone.

Natural Orders

Anyone actually surprised?

SectionN

She is now part of the problem. 

wavydavy

Sounds to me as if Levein wrote that and passed it to AB to put on the site.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What a load of pish

stevieboobs

In other words. Like it or lump it. Fsake 

Edited by stevieboobs

Whatever

Should have said nothing.

As I said over the weekend there’s nothing to be gained by such a statement.

We could be 8 days from him leaving the club then this looks completely pointless.

Natural Orders
Just now, wavydavy said:

Sounds to me as if Levein wrote that and passed it to AB to put on the site.

And added in a few .....