• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

Corstorphine Jambo

I believe there is likely to be a public enquiry on this. The Lord Advocate at the time was Frank Mulholland. The fact he was, and possibly still is, a Celtic shareholder will no doubt be raised. He left to become a judge leaving his successor to apologise.

Football loyalties aside, it’s a quite staggering amount of money. With, to date, nobody being held responsible 

2 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

I believe there is likely to be a public enquiry on this. The Lord Advocate at the time was Frank Mulholland. The fact he was, and possibly still is, a Celtic shareholder will no doubt be raised. He left to become a judge leaving his successor to apologise.

Football loyalties aside, it’s a quite staggering amount of money. With, to date, nobody being held responsible 

'The Scottish Government and the Lord Advocate have said an inquiry can take place once the civil cases have concluded.'

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

The Scottish Government promised an inquiry once all the legal cases ended. However, I fear that no-one will be brought to book for their failings.

File alongside the Covid and Post Office Horizon IT inquiries.

Corstorphine Jambo

Thanks both for confirming. Could be a long wait!

I read a while back that Mulholland was advised by many not to proceed. There can be no guarantee of success in any prosecution, I get that, but a public position like that has to carry some level of accountability. 

FAO Admin

This thread suggests I initiated it which is incorrect.

Go back to page 1 where I was actually replying to another poster and rest assured there were many posts before 2019!

Edited by JamboAl

Carl Fredrickson
7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

FAO Admin

Go back to page 1 where I was actually replying to another poster and rest assured there were many posts before 2019!

There was also another thread prior to their admin where someone (possibly others) had stated there was trouble at Ibrox. That was a very, very long thread too. This thread has been cleaned up a number of times too so if read from the start there will be some parts that may not read smoothly due to posts being removed. 

10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The Scottish Government promised an inquiry once all the legal cases ended. However, I fear that no-one will be brought to book for their failings.

File alongside the Covid and Post Office Horizon IT inquiries.

If you listen very, very carefully you can just about hear the sound of the carpet  being lifted and a very soft brush carefully sweeping everything as far under it as possible.

The Police, the Crown Office and the Scottish Government will want this scandal hushed up and buried and will hope with the passage of time it will fall out of the public eye.  

Absolutely no chance!  Disgraceful that not one individual has been brought to book for any of this. 

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

FAO Admin

Just bask in the glory. 

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

If you listen very, very carefully you can just about hear the sound of the carpet  being lifted and a very soft brush carefully sweeping everything as far under it as possible.

The Police, the Crown Office and the Scottish Government will want this scandal hushed up and buried and will hope with the passage of time it will fall out of the public eye.  

Absolutely no chance!  Disgraceful that not one individual has been brought to book for any of this. 

One Sir David Murray is beaming from ear to ear.

29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The guy should have had his knighthood stripped from him for the complete shambles at MiM then subsequently his sale of The Rangers to avoid being liable for "potential" tax bills.

1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

The guy should have had his knighthood stripped from him for the complete shambles at MiM then subsequently his sale of The Rangers to avoid being liable for "potential" tax bills.

Agreed, and doing gaol time too.

Too much to hope that the new Hun club will face any financial or legal issues now I assume ? Pity

The new Huns seem pretty determined to Chuck cash away though so hopefully the same happens to them at some point 

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

Add in his poor attempt at trying to shag Joanna Lumley

Ex member of the SaS
53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Too much to hope that the new Hun club will face any financial or legal issues now I assume ? Pity

The new Huns seem pretty determined to Chuck cash away though so hopefully the same happens to them at some point 

They still have the court case over the strips contract. I think it's being reported they face a £9.7 million pay out.

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

They still have the court case over the strips contract. I think it's being reported they face a £9.7 million pay out.

That is something I suppose

Footballfirst
26 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

admin 2 at last

:)

Rangers recent accounts showed that their salary bill was £64m.   Celtic's was £61m on a turnover that was significantly higher. It's clear that Rangers aren't getting value for money for their spending.

Cruickie's Moustache
59 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Rangers recent accounts showed that their salary bill was £64m.   Celtic's was £61m on a turnover that was significantly higher. It's clear that Rangers aren't getting value for money for their spending.

Following on from the old SFM days, despite Euro cash are they still relying on loans from the board etc and converting those into worthless shares?

Are 'going concern' warnings still being issued?

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

He’s not the only one. The parade of complete chancers that followed on. Also those in the Crown Office and Police who were so over zealous and inept. £60 million and counting paid out in damages for a compete shitstorm and not one person has been brought to book.  Only here!

53 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Following on from the old SFM days, despite Euro cash are they still relying on loans from the board etc and converting those into worthless shares?

They make a loss every year and have to be bailed out with share issues and loans from their board members which has to be paid back why clubs are allowed to do this is a joke on the other foot Everton just been deducted 10 pts for the same sort of shenanigans 

Footballfirst
53 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

The auditors have accepted the directors assurances on this occasion i.e. the club has entered a secured funding arrangement with "investors" which lasts until the end on season 2027/28, so no warning.

3 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

They make a loss every year and have to be bailed out with share issues and loans from their board members which has to be paid back why clubs are allowed to do this is a joke on the other foot Everton just been deducted 10 pts for the same sort of shenanigans 

Should we be deducted points?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

great news - as I said hopefully the long predicted admin 2 eventually about to land :)

periodictabledancer
37 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Should we be deducted points?

Hearts don't run up losses/operate on the basis of director loans  in the way The Rangers do.

IIRC , it reached the point The Rangers had to reduce losses in order meet UEFA qualifying criteria although. of course, the SFA wasn't bothered because, well...

7 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Hearts don't run up losses/operate on the basis of director loans  in the way The Rangers do.

IIRC , it reached the point The Rangers had to reduce losses in order meet UEFA qualifying criteria although. of course, the SFA wasn't bothered because, well...

We do it in exactly the same way I'd say, except it's donations and not loans that cover us. 

IIRC £4.5m from James Anderson saw us wipe our face in the last accounts.

6 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

We do it in exactly the same way I'd say, except it's donations and not loans that cover us. 

Sevco only get money by selling worthless shares and their directors give them loans which have to paid back with interest which then inflates their overspending, our benefactors do not gain shares , they can gift the club as much as they want

1 minute ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

We make a loss every year and are bailed out by millions in benefactor donations.

Thats totally different a benefactor can gift as much cash as they want , Sevco get money by offering worthless shares in exchange and directors give them loans with interest which adds to the actual spending on the team there for financial doping comes into play , Any money Hearts recieve from benefactor is not used on the team it’s used on off field matters 

Glamorgan Jambo
17 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

£4 million from James Anderson. £0.5 million from other parties/party.

the unique and special thing about James Anderson is his donations (which I’m sure are structured tax effectively) are just that. Donations. Directors loans eventually converted to equity are something else. There’s no way we’d get that amount of unconditional financial support if we weren’t supporter owned.

8 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Should have been up in court for it, wouldn't have had a leg to stand on.

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

£4 million from James Anderson. £0.5 million from other parties/party.

the unique and special thing about James Anderson is his donations (which I’m sure are structured tax effectively) are just that. Donations. Directors loans eventually converted to equity are something else. There’s no way we’d get that amount of unconditional financial support if we weren’t supporter owned.

Absolutely, but it seems to be that people think the rangers are at it while we're not. I'd be very surprised if fans of other clubs saw much difference, right or wrong.

10 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Absolutely, but it seems to be that people think the rangers are at it while we're not. I'd be very surprised if fans of other clubs saw much difference, right or wrong.

You are sounding very much like a mini hun why would anyone stick up for those horrible cheating ****s

16 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

You are sounding very much like a mini hun why would anyone stick up for those horrible cheating ****s

I'm saying the two situations are pretty similar, that's all. 

21 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

They might *look* similar to you. From an accounting perspective and from a company strategy perspective they are miles apart.

periodictabledancer
52 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

The Rangers raised£xx milion from their opening share issue and pissed it away. Two years later , and pretty much every year since,they have continued to lose money in their desperation to catch Celtic. The Rangers had to reduce their debt to get into Europe IIRC so it doesn't appear to me Hearts are in any way similar. 

30 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Nowhere near for the reasons pointed out Sevco would be delighted if they were run as good as us

Just now, periodictabledancer said:

The Rangers raised£xx milion from their opening share issue and pissed it away. Two years later , and pretty much every year since,they have continued to lose money in their desperation to catch Celtic. The Rangers had to reduce their debt to get into Europe IIRC so it doesn't appear to me Hearts are in any way similar. 

That's not the point at all though.

Millions in external money has been pumped in to both clubs so they can spend more.

Why is this a controversial thing to say?

6 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

They are allowed to make 105 million pounds loss over 3 seasons before breaking the rules! 5 and a bit of our record turnover this season🤔🤔

2 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Totally agree. 

Even the share issues don't seem overly controversial to me. If Rangers fans are happy buying them up how is it a great deal different to us donating to FoH?

(In practice rather than theory here before someone tries to come steaming in)

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

🤣🤣 

And you sound like a Tim utterly red in the face that someone isn't pissing their knickers over Rangers' finances. 

periodictabledancer
19 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

That's not the point at all though.

Millions in external money has been pumped in to both clubs so they can spend more.

Why is this a controversial thing to say?

I never said it's controversial and you haven't addressed a single thing I've said so I'll leave you to it. 

14 minutes ago, pennyjambo22 said:

They are allowed to make 105 million pounds loss over 3 seasons before breaking the rules! 5 and a bit of our record turnover this season🤔🤔

They should be made to live within their means otherwise it’s financial doping which to me is cheating 

8 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

🤣🤣 

And you sound like a Tim utterly red in the face that someone isn't pissing their knickers over Rangers' finances. 

Yer moniker says it all away back to bears den 

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Yer moniker says it all away back to bears den 

🤣 "this guy has blue in his name". 

What a state. 

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

🤣 "this guy has blue in his name". 

What a state. 

Exactly probably got a Union Jack with the red hand of Ulster above his bed and a duvet cover to match

Most of Scottish football would be gone if you rockets had your way and its already on its arse as it is. 

If they need to go into admin they'll go into admin. 

Pishing your pants that they've posted losses isn't going to speed it up. 

11 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I never said it's controversial and you haven't addressed a single thing I've said so I'll leave you to it. 

Why would I if it's not relevant?

The lad reckons the rangers should be deducted points for living outwith their means and relying on external funding to balance the books. Meanwhile we do the same 🤷‍♂️