The Sevco saga continues ...

JamboAl

40 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see the daily ranger is starting to ramp up the "Shankland" to iboke shite. Not one, not two but three legends pitching for them to buy our Captain in January with Mc Anus join in just to stir the brown stuff. Oh the three are Ferguson, Miller and McCulloch. I expect they will increase the pressure weekly until the end of January or the huns make a derisory offer. 

The club formerly known as rangers can bite my shite. I just hate the press in this country, they have ‘guest’ writers from both sides of the same shitey arse who think they just need to write a few sentences and hey presto, your player becomes their player, because, let’s face it, that’s where they all want to play, right?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

They don't do it to keep up with Rangers, but they do live beyond their means. Cormack's money has propped Aberdeen up for years, same as Billy Bowie at Kilmarnock (he paid Clarke's wages from his own pocket) and Mark Ogren at Dundee United. 

That is not the same as selling worthless shares , you are saying that if someone gives a club cash out of their own pocket that’s financial doping, there is a massive difference between the donations to FOH than borrowing money from directors with interest added and over spending by 10 million a year , I’m saying they are doing exactly what they did before they died spending money they don’t have and the SFA and the SPFL let them the game up here would improve if FFP was adhered to up here , you saying that every team over spend is not the same as financial doping on a huge scale which one club are allowed to do, after all we are not talking about clubs who do there best not to flout the rules by spending millions they haven’t got

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

That is not the same as selling worthless shares , you are saying that if someone gives a club cash out of their own pocket that’s financial doping, there is a massive difference between the donations to FOH than borrowing money from directors with interest added and over spending by 10 million a year , I’m saying they are doing exactly what they did before they died spending money they don’t have and the SFA and the SPFL let them the game up here would improve if FFP was adhered to up here , you saying that every team over spend is not the same as financial doping on a huge scale which one club are allowed to do, after all we are not talking about clubs who do there best not to flout the rules by spending millions they haven’t got

They're not though.

They're spending money gained through the sale of shares which people are buying,  worthless or not.

FFP would just reinforce the status quo.

5 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

The club formerly known as rangers can bite my shite. I just hate the press in this country, they have ‘guest’ writers from both sides of the same shitey arse who think they just need to write a few sentences and hey presto, your player becomes their player, because, let’s face it, that’s where they all want to play, right?

I personally don’t think Sevco can afford Shanks without them selling some of the crap they brought in , with Shanks international call up and his goal that has probably put him out of their price range, if he goes anywhere he will go down south where the real money is

Ministryofdad

Shanks not going anywhere. He is settled. His wife and bairn are settled. 

He is banging in the goals. 

Sometimes its not all about money 

27 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

You're right, it's not about selling worthless shares (I'll take your word on the "worthless" part) but it's money that the club wouldn't otherwise have. We still get accused of winning the 2012 Scottish Cup by playing players that we would never be able to afford if it wasn't for Vlad. One year later, it all went tits up. Was that ok, because it was us? 

Football is littered with Clubs living beyond their means and surviving off of overdrafts and director loans. It's not something new. 

10 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

If Rangers come up with the asking price (I don't think they will) then he will go. He's a Rangers fan who will be desperate to play for them before his career is over. Not to mention treble his salary, win trophies and compete in Europe. It's delusional to think otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

If that is the case ( taking what you are saying at face value because it seems likely and fair ) then the most likely outcome would be staying with us u til his contract runs down and then off to Rangers if they want him in a year and a half or so . Not the perfect outcome but another season and a half of goals from him could win us some cash and maybe a cup , so I would take it

Do you know him then 

10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

If Rangers come up with the asking price (I don't think they will) then he will go. He's a Rangers fan who will be desperate to play for them before his career is over. Not to mention treble his salary, win trophies and compete in Europe. It's delusional to think otherwise. 

Correct. Everybody (almost) has their price within a career of no more than 15 years. Every club, with about a dozen exceptions worldwide, is a selling club. 

We will be disappointed with what we get when he goes. We will be underwhelmed by his replacement. We've sung this song before.

1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

You're right, it's not about selling worthless shares (I'll take your word on the "worthless" part) but it's money that the club wouldn't otherwise have. We still get accused of winning the 2012 Scottish Cup by playing players that we would never be able to afford if it wasn't for Vlad. One year later, it all went tits up. Was that ok, because it was us? 

Football is littered with Clubs living beyond their means and surviving off of overdrafts and director loans. It's not something new. 

We were behaving just like the Orcs back then everyone enjoyed the ride at the time but as you know the piper has to be paid, we paid the price then we got our shit together and the rest is history, we’ve learned our lesson, The lesson not being learned are by our cheating friends in Govan they died once and were allowed to reinvent themselves with help from the SFA visa vie the 5 way agreement which allowed them to jump above other clubs who were playing honestly for entry back into the Scottish league , It’s still a fact they are given special treatment which no other club would, by allowing them to run up losses of 10 million a year since their rebirth 

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We were behaving just like the Orcs back then everyone enjoyed the ride at the time but as you know the piper has to be paid, we paid the price then we got our shit together and the rest is history, we’ve learned our lesson, The lesson not being learned are by our cheating friends in Govan they died once and were allowed to reinvent themselves with help from the SFA visa vie the 5 way agreement which allowed them to jump above other clubs who were playing honestly for entry back into the Scottish league , It’s still a fact they are given special treatment which no other club would, by allowing them to run up losses of 10 million a year since their rebirth 

It's all relative. Hibs lost £3.5m last year. You seem to be focusing on Rangers, whilst ignoring the fact that a lot of other clubs are posting losses, but carrying on spending money, regardless.

2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I personally don’t think Sevco can afford Shanks without them selling some of the crap they brought in , with Shanks international call up and his goal that has probably put him out of their price range, if he goes anywhere he will go down south where the real money is

I really hope so mate, I don’t mind selling players for the right price ANYWHERE other than to either of those pair from Glasgow. I just hate the way they think they only need to click their fingers. I also hate seeing former players lining up against us.

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Is that gen about him being a rangers supporter? No saying your wrong btw i genuinly never knew that.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

It's all relative. Hibs lost £3.5m last year. You seem to be focusing on Rangers, whilst ignoring the fact that a lot of other clubs are posting losses, but carrying on spending money, regardless.

So what if he is focusing on Rangers. Personally see nothing wrong with putting the boot into the zombie club of bigots and their knuckle dragging support. 

You on the other hand seem to have a soft spot for these ***** from Govan. It's not the 1970's, we have nothing in common with a club who died and were replaced at Ibrox.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

So what if he is focusing on Rangers. Personally see nothing wrong with putting the boot into the zombie club of bigots and their knuckle dragging support. 

You on the other hand seem to have a soft spot for these ***** from Govan. It's not the 1970's, we have nothing in common with a club who died and were replaced at Ibrox.

Please get some new patter. 

6 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Is that gen about him being a rangers supporter? No saying your wrong btw i genuinly never knew that.

Yes, he's a Rangers fan. 

alicante jambo
Just now, Sir PH said:

Yes, he's a Rangers fan. 

Cheers bud never knew that. Well if they do come calling think it is fair to say it wont take much for him to go on his terms anyway. Would hope we get good money if he does. Hes 27 so when his contract ends he will be looking for his last big pay day. Wi sevco it could be 10 to 15k a week for 2 or 3 year?

Just now, alicante jambo said:

Cheers bud never knew that. Well if they do come calling think it is fair to say it wont take much for him to go on his terms anyway. Would hope we get good money if he does. Hes 27 so when his contract ends he will be looking for his last big pay day. Wi sevco it could be 10 to 15k a week for 2 or 3 year?

I don't think Rangers will match our asking price. Also, they look down on Scottish footballers, to a certain extent. They'd rather waste millions on some foreign nobody.

alicante jambo
Just now, Sir PH said:

I don't think Rangers will match our asking price. Also, they look down on Scottish footballers, to a certain extent. They'd rather waste millions on some foreign nobody.

Fingers crossed. Would love for him to stay at us for another 4 or 5 years. I started watching hearts when wee robbo burst onto the scene and in all this time shankland is the only one apart from rudi one season who can hit the net consistently.

5 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Fingers crossed. Would love for him to stay at us for another 4 or 5 years. I started watching hearts when wee robbo burst onto the scene and in all this time shankland is the only one apart from rudi one season who can hit the net consistently.

Agreed. One thing we haven't been blessed with is out and out strikers. Also, I don't think Shankland is the type to throw his toys out the pram if he doesn't get a move. He seems the decent type. 

1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

I really hope so mate, I don’t mind selling players for the right price ANYWHERE other than to either of those pair from Glasgow. I just hate the way they think they only need to click their fingers. I also hate seeing former players lining up against us.

I think those days are finally behind us especially with the silly money being offered down south our finances are in a great place at this stage , so we can actually pick and choose who to sell to as long as everyone is happy with the deal I personally think we could get £5 -£10 million for Shanks depending how many clubs did come in for him, can’t see any of the uglies paying anywhere near that, but for a proven striker in England that’s chicken feed

3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Their manager has said they will be going for loan deals in January so there’s no way Shanks is going there , the only clubs with the money to buy him are septic who don’t need him and clubs down south who I recon would pay 5-10 mill for a proven striker that’s chicken feed down south

6 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Their manager has said they will be going for loan deals in January so there’s no way Shanks is going there , the only clubs with the money to buy him are septic who don’t need him and clubs down south who I recon would pay 5-10 mill for a proven striker that’s chicken feed down south

Loan deals...

Skint again?

4 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

:lol:

If we accept a bid from rangers he will be gone.  We can’t compete with them financially and not a chance will he be turning down the kind of money they will offer him.  

Him moving from hearts to rangers isnt going to unsettle his entire family I’m afraid, ibrox is just along the road.  

Hopefully we tell them to beat it and he stays and continues to bang in the goals, but you are living in dream land if you think he wouldn’t go there. 

5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

:lol:

If we accept a bid from rangers he will be gone.  We can’t compete with them financially and not a chance will he be turning down the kind of money they will offer him.  

Him moving from hearts to rangers isnt going to unsettle his entire family I’m afraid, ibrox is just along the road.  

Hopefully we tell them to beat it and he stays and continues to bang in the goals, but you are living in dream land if you think he wouldn’t go there. 

THEY DONT HAVE THE MONEY

8 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Did they no sign that boy for 6 million?

Bealyboil left the warchest empty their new manager has said they will be looking at a couple of loan deals in January, you have to remember the new guy doesn’t deal with transfers he never has at any of the clubs he has been at , I’d imagine they will try and punt the crap that bealyboil brought in can’t see them recouping anywhere near the fee the spunked on Dandildo

1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

:Shanks:

The demise of Sevco can't come soon enough.

That won’t happen as long as the SFA or the SPFL don’t use the FFP guidelines as they do in England , they will continue to spend more than they bring in although they are on the UEFA watchlist

Cameronstheman

Rangers will do all they can to unsettle Shanks if interested, as will the Weegie press. We all know, assuming Rangers make an off it will  be pitiful, it what they do

Dont know what Shanks is thinking, but my guess is he would jump at the chance and why not 

Id like Hearts to say, he aint going anywhere in January and thats the end of the rumours, thing is though how will the player react ?

14 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

:Shanks:

The demise of Sevco can't come soon enough.

It won't happen. They'll rake in millions again from the Europa League, and even more millions if they get through to the knockout stages. 

1 minute ago, Cameronstheman said:

Rangers will do all they can to unsettle Shanks if interested, as will the Weegie press. We all know, assuming Rangers make an off it will  be pitiful, it what they do

Dont know what Shanks is thinking, but my guess is he would jump at the chance and why not 

Id like Hearts to say, he aint going anywhere in January and thats the end of the rumours, thing is though how will the player react ?

See this press and unsettling garbage, who even buys or reads papers these days? It's paranoid lunacy. The last twice I've read that mince on here he's went out and scored against them. Soooooo unsettled....

Cameronstheman
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

See this press and unsettling garbage, who even buys or reads papers these days? It's paranoid lunacy. The last twice I've read that mince on here he's went out and scored against them. Soooooo unsettled....

Nobody is saying it works all the time when the press get in tow, but it can and even does at times  Also, talking about garbage, plenty read the Papers and follow on line, but according to you they dont, laughed at that 

6 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Shankland seems to be a decent sort and is enjoying his football by the looks of things, I don’t think he will throw the toys out the pram.  

He will know if he just sits tight at us and keeps banging in the goals, he will get a move on a free in 18months time.  Also if he goes on a free he will get a better contract offer and a huge signing on fee.

I wouldn’t grudge him that to be honest, if he sees out his contract and continues to play the way hes been playing he will go with my best wishes, he doesnt owe us anything. 

8 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

It won't happen. They'll rake in millions again from the Europa League, and even more millions if they get through to the knockout stages. 

It’s going to be a lot harder to qualify because of the coefficient they could have 3 qualifiers to play if they finish second 

11 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

It’s going to be a lot harder to qualify because of the coefficient they could have 3 qualifiers to play if they finish second 

For the Europa League? 

16 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Nobody is saying it works all the time when the press get in tow, but it can and even does at times  Also, talking about garbage, plenty read the Papers and follow on line, but according to you they dont, laughed at that 

I laughed too at the unsettling bollocks. He's 28 years old, not 18.

Cameronstheman
7 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I laughed too at the unsettling bollocks. He's 28 years old, not 18

I said, I think or my  guess is,as  I don't know how Shanks  is thinking and neither do you and that's Re of his age 

13 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

I said, I think or my  guess is,as  I don't know how Shanks  is thinking and neither do you and that's Re of his age 

My guess is it doesn't bother him in the slightest, seeing as he's went out and scored twice in a row against them.

part_time_jambo
6 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Spending money they don't have has never stopped them before. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Spending money they don't have has never stopped them before. 

We’ve been hearing it for years that they’ve financial problems and on the verge of collapsing.

Still waiting for it to happen.

Cameronstheman
13 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

My guess is it doesn't bother him in the slightest, seeing as he's went out and scored twice in a row against them.

What you saying if he didnt score, that was because he wanted move ??

Time will tell but know one knows what Shanks is thinking 

3 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

He is 29 next summer, one last big contract in his career.  

3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Depends on two things, do we want Lowry, and if so what would we be prepared to pay for him.  I’m sure the Orcs will be looking to do a swap of some sort. 

2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Would love to be proved wrong but can’t see any club paying anything like £5m for him.