The Sevco saga continues ...

JamboAl

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

:lol:

If we accept a bid from rangers he will be gone.  We can’t compete with them financially and not a chance will he be turning down the kind of money they will offer him.  

Him moving from hearts to rangers isnt going to unsettle his entire family I’m afraid, ibrox is just along the road.  

Hopefully we tell them to beat it and he stays and continues to bang in the goals, but you are living in dream land if you think he wouldn’t go there. 

Add in that playing for Rangers from Jan onwards will guarantee his trip to Euro 24. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

6 hours ago, Sir PH said:

You're right, it's not about selling worthless shares (I'll take your word on the "worthless" part) but it's money that the club wouldn't otherwise have. We still get accused of winning the 2012 Scottish Cup by playing players that we would never be able to afford if it wasn't for Vlad. One year later, it all went tits up. Was that ok, because it was us? 

Football is littered with Clubs living beyond their means and surviving off of overdrafts and director loans. It's not something new. 

J. McDonald

R. McGowan

A. Webster

M. Zaliukas

D. Grainger

I. Black

D. Barr

S. Santana

R. Skacel

A. Driver

S. Elliott

I keep hearing this myth about the overly expensive side that won the Cup in 2012

😆😆😆

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Shankland seems to be a decent sort and is enjoying his football by the looks of things, I don’t think he will throw the toys out the pram.  

He will know if he just sits tight at us and keeps banging in the goals, he will get a move on a free in 18months time.  Also if he goes on a free he will get a better contract offer and a huge signing on fee.

I wouldn’t grudge him that to be honest, if he sees out his contract and continues to play the way hes been playing he will go with my best wishes, he doesnt owe us anything. 

He will be nearly 30 in 18 months time which would seriously shorten any contract he is likely to get at that age.  Optimum time for him to move to maximise wages was the last window.  If he is going to move it has to be in Jan or next summer at latest. From point of view of us maximising what we receive it would be January.  Downside of that is we lose his goals for second half of this season 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would love to be proved wrong but can’t see any club paying anything like £5m for him. 

A championship club in England would pay that no problem 

Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

A championship club in England would pay that no problem 

Not for Shankland.  If any were interested they would have got him for that in the summer. There was very little interest from down south  

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not for Shankland.  If any were interested they would have got him for that in the summer. There was very little interest from down south  

He is now an international player big difference 

1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

It won't happen. They'll rake in millions again from the Europa League, and even more millions if they get through to the knockout stages. 

Yeah, wishful thinking.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
52 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not going to claim anyone will pay £5m for him, or £3m, or £10m, (because the money spent on players seldom reflects a player's true ability), but since Hearts signed him he's scored 37 goals, a fair few in Europe, and has scored for Scotland. As a striker, the 10 mins or so he played on Thursday night have shown him to be a better goalscoring prospect for any club down south than the likes of Adams, Brown, and even Dykes, who will all command more than £5m, though, obviously, they have different attributes other than goalscoring - but so does Shankland. He's hit headlines he's never hit before and it's onl;y natural that interest in him will have gone throught the roof* since he arrived at Hearts. But as I say, what gets paid for a player these days doesn't reflect his true ability, but Shankland, though perhaps not a lot better player than he was before he came to Hearts, is now more high profile.

*Obviously the roof wasn't all that high previously.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

You have to take into account even average players are going for silly money 

Not from Scotland.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Patterson 5 mill Porteous 3.5 and they are shit compared to Shanjs

Porteous went from Hibs for £3.5m?

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, ramrod said:

McKenna, Ferguson, Doig fit the bill of average and silly money .

All younger and on longer contracts, the fees weren't silly either imo.

Dokg stands out as an anomaly, although clearly he is rated!

Not many average players go for £5m from Scotland and non OF teams.

Shankland is better than average imo,  I do feel his lack of pace will keep him in Scotland,  hopefully with us.

Porteous 3.5 million 😂 

It was reported by Hibs it was a significant 6 figure sum.

3.5 😂

Edited by Scott Leitch

10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

All younger and on longer contracts, the fees weren't silly either imo.

Dokg stands out as an anomaly, although clearly he is rated!

Not many average players go for £5m from Scotland and non OF teams.

Shankland is better than average imo,  I do feel his lack of pace will keep him in Scotland,  hopefully with us.

I think he will go this window, Rangers will almost certainly bid for him and I've got a feeling Celtic will as well.

He wil score 15/20 for both of them till the end of the season. 

Championship  clubs in the hunt for promotion could also be interested. The form he is in at the moment  he is a goal machine and they are rare and priceless. 

With him being a big Rangers fan that could be a problem as I feel Celtic are more likely to meet our valuation if they want him. 

13 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Nathan

He was more than that. I know there's always a bit of dubiety about these big transfer fees, but he was definitely more than £5m.

46 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I think he will go this window, Rangers will almost certainly bid for him and I've got a feeling Celtic will as well.

He wil score 15/20 for both of them till the end of the season. 

Championship  clubs in the hunt for promotion could also be interested. The form he is in at the moment  he is a goal machine and they are rare and priceless. 

With him being a big Rangers fan that could be a problem as I feel Celtic are more likely to meet our valuation if they want him. 

I can guarantee you that Lawrence Shankland will not sign for Celtic. 

Just now, Sir PH said:

I can guarantee you that Lawrence Shankland will not sign for Celtic. 

He will not sign for the tribute act either 

Rangers - Just posted an underlying loss of £4.1M despite group stage ECL participation and over £25M of transfer fees for Bassey and Aribo in the trading period. They've got some financial issues to contend with before they come knocking at our door with a serious offer for Shankland. 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Best thing about this thread is the wee guy in the Rangers jammies getting all upset at people wanting the Huns to die :) 

Reading the thread the only one who seems upset is the one focused entirely on Rangers.

33 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Reading the thread the only one who seems upset is the one focused entirely on Rangers.

Nobody takes wee Plooks seriously. He's like the next door neighbours annoying jack russell. Nip nip nips away, but eventually you just ignore it. 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Best thing about this thread is the wee guy in the Rangers jammies getting all upset at people wanting the Huns to die :) 

🤣

59 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Probably not. But he definitely won't sign for Celtic. 

“Definitely”? What does your Ibrox insider-information tell you?

11 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Yes, he's a Rangers fan. 

He is certainly from a Rangers supporting family- he's from Gorbals in Glasgow,  and his Dad (also Lawrence) is a blue nose. 

15 hours ago, Carter said:

Rangers - Just posted an underlying loss of £4.1M despite group stage ECL participation and over £25M of transfer fees for Bassey and Aribo in the trading period. They've got some financial issues to contend with before they come knocking at our door with a serious offer for Shankland. 

But surely they made a modest £252,000 profit? Isn’t that the line the Scottish media dutifully trotted-out for the gullibles?😂

The accounts for the year to 30/06/23 do make for interesting reading such as clearly indicating that operating expenses dwarfed revenue income by £24M.

Not sure that will prevent them making a derisory offer in the hope of unsettling the player and everyone associated with Hearts. 

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

But surely they made a modest £252,000 profit? Isn’t that the line the Scottish media dutifully trotted-out for the gullibles?😂

The accounts for the year to 30/06/23 do make for interesting reading such as clearly indicating that operating expenses dwarfed revenue income by £24M.

Not sure that will prevent them making a derisory offer in the hope of unsettling the player and everyone associated with Hearts. 

Clementine has been in the news stating the only deals in January will be loan deals, looks like Bealyboil spunked the warchest

colinmorewasgash

Any news about them setting fire to dens park oh right its sevco they do what they want, thats ok don't do it again naughty boys, another 2 soft pens on way this weekend but still no pens against.

2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Clementine has been in the news stating the only deals in January will be loan deals, looks like Bealyboil spunked the warchest

He must have heard about Elite Sports Group’s litigation and the prospect of another £9.5M (+ costs) heading out the door…😱

27 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

He must have heard about Elite Sports Group’s litigation and the prospect of another £9.5M (+ costs) heading out the door…😱

Also coming out that they may lose the rest of Nathan Patterson fee  because of the Everton shenanigans 😀😀

22 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Patterson 5 mill Porteous 3.5 and they are shit compared to Shanjs

All of these deals have massive add-ons that make up the headline figure the media use.  The basic, initial fee is usually a fraction of what’s reported. Very seldom do the add-ons  materialise for various reasons. The players from recent seasons who have gone south or abroad for supposedly serious fees plus add-ones are all much younger than Shankland. Hopefully we get £5m+ for him when he goes, I’m not holding my breath though. 

3 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Beale was out if his depth. But he does appear a rather convenient scapegoat for something that looks fundamentally unviable as a going concern.

Another share issue looming presumably. 

17 hours ago, Jambotommy said:

I can see us selling him in January, 3 million plus Lowry and McCrorie... 

I could see that deal being valued at £3m. Lowry and McCrorie will cost us £2m so we only get £1m cash. Think that’s how it works.  

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I could see that deal being valued at £3m. Lowry and McCrorie will cost us £2m so we only get £1m cash. Think that’s how it works.  

McCrorie is at a crossroads at age 25. Needs to be playing. Even if they cash in on Butland there's no guarantee he gets a chance. I'd imagine a number of Hearts fans thought we were getting a better keeper in Clark than has proved to be the case in reality. McCrorie would be a signal of intent for us. Much depends on how CG feels upon his return from injury. Would be great if we could get another 2 years from him. That would rule out any possibility of getting someone like McCrorie though. 

Just don't see Lowry making the grade at Rangers. Would be a good deal for us to do permanently if viable. 

27 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Also coming out that they may lose the rest of Nathan Patterson fee  because of the Everton shenanigans 😀😀

That would great , hope that happens 

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That would great , hope that happens 

If you include the 9.5 million  or more that they will lose in the court case with Ashley the cheats could be 20 million down before a ball is kicked next season 😀😀

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

If you include the 9.5 million  or more that they will lose in the court case with Ashley the cheats could be 20 million down before a ball is kicked next season 😀😀

Worst case scenarios never really seem to materialise for them unfortunately . We live in hope though 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Worst case scenarios never really seem to materialise for them unfortunately . We live in hope though 

The Ashley case is a nap it’s the amount 9.5 million is the very least they will have to pay out plus all the legal fees

7 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

The Ashley case is a nap it’s the amount 9.5 million is the very least they will have to pay out plus all the legal fees

:) 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

:) 

This was the lying kings idea to ditch sports direct who had the rights to the strip franchise and give it to Castore why would he think you can just tear up a contract which was signed and sealed that’s nuts

Perth to Paisley

How much did Milwall pay for Nesbit?

That +2m

Certainly don't want #51 to be a part of a deal with The Rangers

The DR would have us giving der Hun money!