The Sevco saga continues ...

JamboAl

19 hours ago, Wilson said:

He is certainly from a Rangers supporting family- he's from Gorbals in Glasgow,  and his Dad (also Lawrence) is a blue nose. 

He's not from the Gorbals, he's a Baillieston lad and went to Bannerman High.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He's not from the Gorbals, he's a Baillieston lad and went to Bannerman High.

I thought the Gorbals were deid like the team from Govan😜😜

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I thought the Gorbals were deid like the team from Govan😜😜

Yes, the old Gorbals is gone and with it went a sizeable chunk of Clyde FC’s fanbase.

Not that Gorbals needed improvement…

IMG_1788.webp

28 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Yes, the old Gorbals is gone and with it went a sizeable chunk of Clyde FC’s fanbase.

IMG_1788.webp

Sure that’s no Easter Road?

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Worst case scenarios never really seem to materialise for them unfortunately . We live in hope though 

They did once before. The problem was that every last person working for the Scottish football authorities then worked frantically to make sure they had a soft landing. Nothing can threaten the cosy duopoly. So there was no stripping of trophies, no enforced new name or badge, no having to reapply to the league, no need for 3 years of accounts, et cetera. You’ll recall that they even tried to put the new club straight back into the SPL, and then one division down. They only had to restart in the 4th tier because the SFA and SPFL couldn’t control the other clubs and they voted it down. Even then, Sevco were allowed to vote as if they were still an SPL side!

When you recall what was done to save them, it seems too far-fetched to be true. But it happened. Including Doncaster actually threatening ‘civil unrest’ if Sevco had to start in League 2.

The part I still can’t get my head around is how they were able to buy the stadium  from the administrators for a fraction of its worth. That, right there, is what should have crippled them financially, and the SFA/SPFL weren’t in control of that. I think a lot of brown envelopes were involved.

3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

They did once before. The problem was that every last person working for the Scottish football authorities then worked frantically to make sure they had a soft landing. Nothing can threaten the cosy duopoly. So there was no stripping of trophies, no enforced new name or badge, no having to reapply to the league, no need for 3 years of accounts, et cetera. You’ll recall that they even tried to put the new club straight back into the SPL, and then one division down. They only had to restart in the 4th tier because the SFA and SPFL couldn’t control the other clubs and they voted it down. Even then, Sevco were allowed to vote as if they were still an SPL side!

When you recall what was done to save them, it seems too far-fetched to be true. But it happened. Including Doncaster actually threatening ‘civil unrest’ if Sevco had to start in League 2.

The part I still can’t get my head around is how they were able to buy the stadium  from the administrators for a fraction of its worth. That, right there, is what should have crippled them financially, and the SFA/SPFL weren’t in control of that. I think a lot of brown envelopes were involved.

Filthy hun swine in every shady corner of the Scottish establishment :( 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Filthy hun swine in every shady corner of the Scottish establishment :( 

I see you're still keen on your sectarian terms.

11 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I use it to refer to their Hun like behaviour rioting and leaving filth everywhere they go . Hun filth that they are :) 

14 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

He only uses it under the anonymity of this forum. He wouldn't dare utter it in the real world to anybody that would take offence to it, or within earshot of a police officer. 

Thunder and Lightning
15 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

He only uses it under the anonymity of this forum. He wouldn't dare utter it in the real world to anybody that would take offence to it, or within earshot of a police officer. 

image.png.5f093c8c78ba61824965cec45ddd1b26.png

2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Didn't know you knew him!

I call the rangers fans Huns to their face all the time 🤷‍♂️ 

But never mind that, the ****ing state of you sticking up for them at all turns!

in answer to your previous question, that's what makes you a mini hun.

5 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

But never mind that, the ****ing state of you sticking up for them at all turns!

But you're a predictable bore, so your opinion doesn't matter.

28 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

But you're a predictable bore, so your opinion doesn't matter.

Odd that you'd go to the bother of replying then!

But this is a hearts forum where hunnery is, and should be, unwelcome. You can think what you like of course, but bring it out here and you earn righteous open contempt, as much as if you had a soft spot for Celtic.

HHGH and **** the hun

10 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Odd that you'd go to the bother of replying then!

But this is a hearts forum where hunnery is, and should be, unwelcome. You can think what you like of course, but bring it out here and you earn righteous open contempt, as much as if you had a soft spot for Celtic.

HHGH and **** the hun

So edgy.😁

And it's Hearts, not hearts. 

9 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Yes, the stadium was apparently valued at £120M in 2003 according to a report in the Herald.*

Charles Green’s consortium bought Ibrox for, what, £3.5M? Was that really the best offer they could have held out for?

Or was it the fact that Green was offering to continue to run a “Rangers” out of Ibrox playing in the same kit, etc, and so preserve the sacred duopoly that swayed their decision? 

*RANGERS FC has beefed up its battered balance sheet by booking a huge (pounds) 39m hike in the value of its property - principally Ibrox stadium - it has emerged.

The move enabled Rangers to avoid wiping out shareholders' funds when it posted another huge financial loss earlier this month.

As recently as last year, Rangers' shareholders' funds - which reflect total investment in a company, covering issued share capital, retained profit, and reserves - stood at nearly (pounds) 50m.

The adjustment, which puts a healthier sheen on Rangers' 2003 figures, is buried in the notes to the club's accounts. They disclose that the directors valued the club's freehold properties on June 30, 2003, the end of the financial year, based on a report from the Edinburgh chartered surveyors DM Hall. The exercise increased the accounting value of the property from (pounds) 85m to (pounds) 120m, a surplus increased by a further (pounds) 4m by the elimination of depreciation.

The section of the accounts dealing with movements in shareholders' funds lays bare the impact of the change. Total funds stood at (pounds) 47.3m in 2002 but were slashed to just (pounds) 12m by the (pounds) 35.3m loss Rangers posted last year.

45 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

So edgy.😁

And it's Hearts, not hearts. 

Hunnery is as welcome as celticness, why would it be anything else? 

25 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Yes, the stadium was apparently valued at £120M in 2003 according to a report in the Herald.*

Charles Green’s consortium bought Ibrox for, what, £3.5M? Was that really the best offer they could have held out for?

Or was it the fact that Green was offering to continue to run a “Rangers” out of Ibrox playing in the same kit, etc, and so preserve the sacred duopoly that swayed their decision? 

*RANGERS FC has beefed up its battered balance sheet by booking a huge (pounds) 39m hike in the value of its property - principally Ibrox stadium - it has emerged.

The move enabled Rangers to avoid wiping out shareholders' funds when it posted another huge financial loss earlier this month.

As recently as last year, Rangers' shareholders' funds - which reflect total investment in a company, covering issued share capital, retained profit, and reserves - stood at nearly (pounds) 50m.

The adjustment, which puts a healthier sheen on Rangers' 2003 figures, is buried in the notes to the club's accounts. They disclose that the directors valued the club's freehold properties on June 30, 2003, the end of the financial year, based on a report from the Edinburgh chartered surveyors DM Hall. The exercise increased the accounting value of the property from (pounds) 85m to (pounds) 120m, a surplus increased by a further (pounds) 4m by the elimination of depreciation.

The section of the accounts dealing with movements in shareholders' funds lays bare the impact of the change. Total funds stood at (pounds) 47.3m in 2002 but were slashed to just (pounds) 12m by the (pounds) 35.3m loss Rangers posted last year.

This is another one where our situations aren't that different - £2m bought the whole club, stadium included, just a decade ago. Robinson nearly sold the stadium for £20m!

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

See the mini Huns had to get their nappies changed again overnight :( 

One thing’s for sure, it’s uncovered a fair few here, as soon as the words Rangers and debt get mentioned in the same sentence, their Jimmie’s get well and truly rustled.:lol:

11 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

One thing’s for sure, it’s uncovered a fair few here, as soon as the words Rangers and debt get mentioned in the same sentence, their Jimmie’s get well and truly rustled.:lol:

Wee Huns gonna Hun :( 

7 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I don't believe any true Hearts fan doesn't refer to the Huns as Huns.

This.

Sometimes an F word prefix or C word suffix too.

8 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

👏👏👏👍

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

See the mini Huns had to get their nappies changed again overnight :( 

3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Hunlets having a wee outing last night...

:muggy:

They make is so ****ing obvious too :lol: 

3 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I don't believe any true Hearts fan doesn't refer to the Huns as Huns.

Weirdly enough I recall Hearts fans and many others used to sing Go Home ya huns to the opposition support. Nothing sectarian in it then or when my parents and grandparents referred to the Germans as huns following the wars. However nowadays the woke culture means people are choosing to be offended about just about everything.

The Real Maroonblood
14 hours ago, Sooks said:

I use it to refer to their Hun like behaviour rioting and leaving filth everywhere they go . Hun filth that they are :) 

Nice to see you’ve rattled a few cages.:10900:

14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Nice to see you’ve rattled a few cages.:10900:

Never used the word half as much as since the wee mini Hun crybaby posted about it in the hope of stopping people using it 

Filthy hun swines 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Sooks said:

Never used the word half as much as since the wee mini Hun crybaby posted about it in the hope of stopping people using it 

Filthy hun swines 

It’s weird behaviour from the mini huns.

8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s weird behaviour from the mini huns.

No one likes us we dont care mantra . Except …………. they really do care 

I don't understand why these people go through the charade of pretending to support Hearts, when it's clear that they only care about their big team.  Just **** off to Ibrox and be done with it. 

Then again, one of the Jimmie Rustlers above was also defending being racist, sexist, and homophobic, saying I needed to dry my eyes over it on another thread. 

obviously-obvious.gif

Actually, trolling requires a certain level of self-awareness, which I'm not fully convinced about. 

On 19/11/2023 at 16:35, buzzbomb1958 said:

He is now an international player big difference 

I look forward to the £5M bids from the English Championship for Zander Clarke this January. 

16 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I look forward to the £5M bids from the English Championship for Zander Clarke this January. 

Maybe the Huns will want him after they cut costs ? He is a Hun himself after all

6 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

This is another one where our situations aren't that different - £2m bought the whole club, stadium included, just a decade ago. Robinson nearly sold the stadium for £20m!

Different situation though. We were arranging a CVA with our creditors, who were themselves in administration, and the aim is to preserve the business as an ongoing concern. Rangers were in liquidation, the aim of which is supposed to be to sell off the company’s remaining assets in the interest of the creditors. Which clearly isn’t what happened.

19 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

IMG_1788.webp

Is that the up to date photo

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Filthy hun swines 

Please excuse me, but it's looking awfully like you're trending towards tarring everyone with the same brush ... oh, and trying just a tad too hard whilst doing so.

At least make some effort to mock, josh, or banter with a bit of perspective.

You're well capable of that.

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Please excuse me, but it's looking awfully like you're trending towards tarring everyone with the same brush ... oh, and trying just a tad too hard whilst doing so.

At least make some effort to mock, josh, or banter with a bit of perspective.

You're well capable of that.

How dare you make such a scurrilous accusation . I was referring to Huns . Hunnish people ……… absolutely no tails pinned on any donkeys on this forum . Just Huns , Rangers and Sevco types. I stand by every word . Filthy Hun swines 

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How dare you make such a scurrilous accusation . I was referring to Huns . Hunnish people ……… absolutely no tails pinned on any donkeys on this forum . Just Huns , Rangers and Sevco types. I stand by every word . Filthy Hun swines 

That’ll be just the mini huns.

What about the big huns?

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’ll be just the mini huns.

What about the big huns?

👆 as a Haiku 👇

That's just mini Huns

What about the bigger Huns?

Nowt but current buns

59 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Is that the up to date photo

Thankfully not. It’s scary that people were subjected to such conditions in 20th Century Britain.

4 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Different situation though. We were arranging a CVA with our creditors, who were themselves in administration, and the aim is to preserve the business as an ongoing concern. Rangers were in liquidation, the aim of which is supposed to be to sell off the company’s remaining assets in the interest of the creditors. Which clearly isn’t what happened.

Yeah and no, it wasn't up to our administrators, it was UBIG's liquidator and they couldn't care less, but at the end of the day we both got away with it and got our stadiums at a massive discount.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Fair play for doubling down, but nae need to scrape the barrel with lower level slurs.

My experiences? Mostly genuine fans going to games to support their team (however deluded they may be).

I had a few good laughs with Der Hun en-route to Ibrox recently.

Oh, by the way ... the worst, and most embarrassing scenes from our recent 🏆 semi-final were down to Hearts fans.

The angry post-match numptie arguing with a non-football car driver?

Utterly pathetic.

The 'entitled' fat-necked eejits in J1 who were aggressive to fellow Hearts supporters when politely asked to sit down?

We have our fair share of numpties.