The Sevco saga continues ...

JamboAl

7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Probably correct! And that might be Dave Kings plan ie once the SDI ‘damages’ payment is confirmed take Rangers into Admin so that he ‘wins’ by not having to pay SDI / Ashley!  And probably has an Admin Pre Pact agreed so he carries on without the debt! Nightmare scenario!

Does a court ruling not mean whatever the situation at the new entity they will have to pay the monies even if it means selling asserts such as players ,stadium, Murray park etc after all a judge's ruling would be written in stone would it not just wondering

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

3 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

His scoring rate is meh in reality. 

Dembele went for £20 million because he scored goals in the CL regular, and also pished our league, scoring for fun and hat tricks against The Rangers. 

His record in Europe this season is padded with 5 goals or something against that team from Gibraltar. 

He still hasn't scored  against Celtic. 

He has potential, no doubt about it. 

But if that £15 million bid was real, they would have snapped their hand off for it. 

Dembele was also younger IIRC. 

Morelos is also protected here. 

£10 m at the very most and anyone is still taking a huge risk. 

Record for the rangers 

P114 G66 A24

A goal every 1.7 games isn't meh by any stretch 

Dembele's record for Celtic

P94 G51 A18

That's a goal every 1.8 games, slightly worse than Morelos. 

17 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Does a court ruling not mean whatever the situation at the new entity they will have to pay the monies even if it means selling asserts such as players ,stadium, Murray park etc after all a judge's ruling would be written in stone would it not just wondering

Sorry I’m not a legal guru ... but I think not if they are in administration

fabienleclerq
4 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

His scoring rate is meh in reality. 

Dembele went for £20 million because he scored goals in the CL regular, and also pished our league, scoring for fun and hat tricks against The Rangers. 

His record in Europe this season is padded with 5 goals or something against that team from Gibraltar. 

He still hasn't scored  against Celtic. 

He has potential, no doubt about it. 

But if that £15 million bid was real, they would have snapped their hand off for it. 

Dembele was also younger IIRC. 

Morelos is also protected here. 

£10 m at the very most and anyone is still taking a huge risk. 

What I'd give for a meh striker! 

He scores a lot of goals, the money down south is ridiculous so I can see him going for £15m easy. I guess we will have to wait and see. 

Even if they sell Morelos for £15m, that just about covers the funding shortfall for this season and the yet to be confirmed settlement due to SDI.  They will also be without their top scorer, which greatly reduces their chances of winning the league this season.

So they will be back in the same situation next season, even more desperate as it will be their last chance to prevent Celtic's 10 IAR.  They'll throw everything but the kitchen sink at it, and again will need to make Europa League group stages to keep the lights on a bit longer.  If they were to miss out on that, they would be fecked.

22 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

What I'd give for a meh striker! 

He scores a lot of goals, the money down south is ridiculous so I can see him going for £15m easy. I guess we will have to wait and see. 

Yes let’s wait and see!

There is a lot of money in the EPL but it is spent wisely and a return on the investment is expected! Does the investment always deliver a return - NO!

Would an investment  of £15m for Morelos give a return?

Yes! Loads and loads and loads of tears 😭!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Guest ToqueJambo

What's SFA supremo Rod Petrie saying about Rangers (and Dundee Utd) finances? At Hibs he always made a very big deal of Hibs doing things "the right way" financially and the importance of being sustainable.

When he stepped down he talked about  "...the imperative that the club should live within its means..."

This is surely his chance to force change!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If it's all agreed tho? 

They'd minimise any football debts if that was thier plan, they'd plan it. 

You'd think that would end any future credit services as well but in terms of football, take the hit, still finnish second. 

No way the Scottish football authorities would do anything either, in fact Likley they and some clubs would back them, like they did last time. 

It's utterly Tragic and if it plays out I could be done with Scottish football tbh. 

Watch la liga and Epl on sky. 

I do hope your right tho. 

Sell Morelos, pay of football debts, bump the rest, take the points hit, still finnish second. 

Balance sheet and all the shares back to being all good again. 

Unless they could convince their football creditors to accept reduced payments they'd have to pay out £24.5m whatever kind of administration they went through and there's nothing the SFA could do to prevent it. They'd also face a UEFA ban (2 years, I think) too. Despite being a new club, not connected in anything but their dreams to the old club, TRFC still had to pay all football debts to be allowed into the SFL just so they could look like the old club. For TRFC to get away with not paying those football debts, the SFA would have to prove themselves to be even more dishonest than ever they have been.

brunoatemyhamster
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Record for the rangers 

P114 G66 A24

P94 G51 A18

It's still meh. 

His four against St Joseph's count the same as Dembeles 3 against Rangers? ( 7 in total) 

His goals against Europe's also rans count the same as against City, Dortmond etc? 

Cosgrove at Aberdeen must be worth about the same then at this rate. 

It's a good record, but only in Scottish terms, which in reality is a bit meh in the grand scheme of things. 

Should be easy to sell. Should be no need to conjour up kiddie on bids then. 

They'll sell him, for decent money for sure, but the figures in the press are a joke. 

16 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Unless they could convince their football creditors to accept reduced payments they'd have to pay out £24.5m whatever kind of administration they went through and there's nothing the SFA could do to prevent it. They'd also face a UEFA ban (2 years, I think) too. Despite being a new club, not connected in anything but their dreams to the old club, TRFC still had to pay all football debts to be allowed into the SFL just so they could look like the old club. For TRFC to get away with not paying those football debts, the SFA would have to prove themselves to be even more dishonest than ever they have been.

Power corrupts, the SFA/SPFL corrupt absolutely.

ARMAGEDDON!!!

9 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

It's still meh. 

His four against St Joseph's count the same as Dembeles 3 against Rangers? ( 7 in total) 

His goals against Europe's also rans count the same as against City, Dortmond etc? 

It's a good record, but only in Scottish terms, which in reality is a bit meh in the grand scheme of things. 

They'll sell him, for decent money for sure, but the figures in the press are a joke. 

I dont like him and I dont like the hun but he has an excellent scoring record since coming to Scotland with a ratio much better than Robbo's.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

What's SFA supremo Rod Petrie saying about Rangers (and Dundee Utd) finances? At Hibs he always made a very big deal of Hibs doing things "the right way" financially and the importance of being sustainable.

When he stepped down he talked about  "...the imperative that the club should live within its means..."

He didn't seem to mind about financial fair play when STF struck a deal with BoS to wipe out 70% of Hibs debt.  He was also a signatory to the 5 way agreement that allowed a new club to assume the identity and footballing honours of the deceased Rangers FC.

He isn't going to start rocking the boat now, after spending well over a decade sucking up to the footballing establishment to eventually become the supreme blazer.  He's far too happy lapping it up, travelling the world first class with his SFA buddies at the expense of ordinary football fans.

Morelos or mcburnie, who would you rather have in your team?  I can't stand the wee shite but he does score goals and always seems to get himself into good positions.  Due to inflated prices in England, they wouldn't get what Swansea got but morelos is by far a better player.  

4 hours ago, R08813 said:

I’ve never actually thought about the TV side of things before. Obviously it’s highly likely they’ll be in the top half of the split but guaranteeing that is something else... Would we be sued for breach of contract if that didn’t happen or do we have it in small print that there’s a chance this doesn’t happen?

Its weird how they can sign a contract guaranteeing something that might not happen.  Sums up our game here.  

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I dont like him and I dont like the hun but he has an excellent scoring record since coming to Scotland with a ratio much better than Robbo's.

Yes, loathe him or detest him, he is an effective goal scorer and is likely to attract a very good fee.  Transfer Market currently values him at £6.75m, but a desperate English side struggling for goals could easily decide to bid higher than that.

btw your latest avatar may be even more smug than the previous one, you smug b'stard!

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Yes, loathe him or detest him, he is an effective goal scorer and is likely to attract a very good fee.  Transfer Market currently values him at £6.75m, but a desperate English side struggling for goals could easily decide to bid higher than that.

btw your latest avatar may be even more smug than the previous one, you smug b'stard!

What can I say, Rik Mayall's got a lot of smug to give!

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What can I say, Rik Mayall's got a lot of smug to give!

Very true, and tragically no more :sad:

16 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Our game is basically corrupt because of those two.  If it wasn't for hearts, I'd be liberated from the sham that is Scottish football.  Not far off that stage as it is.  The next thirty years is them sharing the league title and the rest of us hoping for a cup win.  We even have a TV deal that guarantees four old firm games even though the split can't promise that.  I'd love it to at least resemble some sort of competition.  No chance of that in out culture.  

Very sad but very true 😕

Morelos is a decent player however his transfer value would be much lower if Scottish referees didn't treat him like a special case. 

If there was a player that should have been red carded for persistent fouling and diving at the Semi Final ......

fabienleclerq
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Yes let’s wait and see!

There is a lot of money in the EPL but it is spent wisely and a return on the investment is expected! Does the investment always deliver a return - NO!

Would an investment  of £15m for Morelos give a return?

Yes! Loads and loads and loads of tears 😭!

It's not spent wisely! It's thrown about rather nonchalantly! 

21 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Perhaps, but aren’t there enough threads arguing about this? Can’t we all just enjoy Rangers financial woes?

If only we could, unfortunately I don't believe the SFA will ever allow Rangers to go under again.

Ex member of the SaS
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Petrie and Lawell are buddies, Lawell doesn't want a league without Sevco as we all know Celtic's gate money was the only one to drop when the other bigot was down.

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Very true, and tragically no more :sad:

I also wanted to have a reminder of the type of nasty B'stard that infests the Tories in case people forget.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

It's still meh. 

He's a far better player than Cosgrove. 

Players with un proven records going for £10-£20m all the time down there. 

He's also on a fair wedge and got a long contract. Not like he's on £1k a week and a year on his Contract. 

Likley be more than 1 club in for him as well. 

All the Ingredients for a good fee. 

He'll go for a lot,

On 05/11/2019 at 08:52, Homme said:

....The finances don't look good but they can keep doing debt for equity like we used to do and they won't feel the pinch. 

Remember, that didn’t end well for us, as it can’t go on forever. 

maroonedinbriz
On 05/11/2019 at 16:56, Jambo-Fox said:

Totally agree - he would not even get a kick of the ball in the top flight divisions of England Spain Germany France or Spain!

Why have some got such a big Morelos love in?? And tout him for over £10, £20 + million?

Olli McBurnie sold for £20M!!!!!!!

On 05/11/2019 at 21:37, Smithee said:

Record for the rangers 

P114 G66 A24

P94 G51 A18

For God sake stop letting facts get in the way of a good argument. 

Have to say, as much as I would like to slap the wee ***** silly, I would take morelos over dembele all day long, his movement and work rate are far superior. 

On 05/11/2019 at 18:37, Ex member of the SaS said:

According to the accountant Phil three names has, there are 256 million shares, the equity value implied per share would be 6p.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2019/11/03/rugger-guy-looks-at-rifc-2019-accounts/#more-14550

So their lawyers' fees weren't 69k a week, they went UP by 69k a week! :laugh2:

Edited by Smithee

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

So their lawyers' fees weren't 69k a week, they went UP by 69k a week! :laugh2:

To put into context, we pay less on our first team squad than Rangers pay in legal bills.  Or, if they weren't wasting so much on legal bills, they could have another 3-4 players earning £20k a week.

54 minutes ago, RobNox said:

To put into context, we pay less on our first team squad than Rangers pay in legal bills.  Or, if they weren't wasting so much on legal bills, they could have another 3-4 players earning £20k a week.

Do you think Mike Ashley might become a Scottish football legend?  I used to hate him...

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

Do you think Mike Ashley might become a Scottish football legend?  I used to hate him...

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Ashley, the way Sports Direct treats its work force I find abysmal, though they are not alone in that respect.

However, if he ends up being the guy that puts the knife into the back of the current version of the Huns, I'll give him some kudos.

itsnomarooned

1 hour ago, Biguche said:

To be taken with a truck load of salt. Three names is a loon

Read it and you'll see why its interesting- it's not mad Phil's usual ramblings, it's a summary of what the accounts say, and more importantly what they don't say compared to previous years.

6 hours ago, RobNox said:

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Ashley, the way Sports Direct treats its work force I find abysmal, though they are not alone in that respect.

However, if he ends up being the guy that puts the knife into the back of the current version of the Huns, I'll give him some kudos.

That's why I hate him.  Treats his workers like shite.  But if did cause their downfall, I'd start using one of those big mugs you get if you buy his shite. 

Ex member of the SaS
11 hours ago, Jap Jambo said:

very interesting read...thx for posting

TBF Phil three names talks a lot of excrement but his contact seems to be the real deal. I would suggest anything he writes has some element of truth in it.

Sorry wrong quote but you get the idea.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

That Sun piece talks about the Lying King 'bankrolling' the British Club to the tune of £10m a year. Is he? I assumed it was all dodgy dealings and that his weans were in no danger of being unable to afford to replace troosers the backside had come out of?

40 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Finally a mainstream newspaper (of sorts) has got someone to look at the RIFC accounts.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4922995/chris-brady-rangers-dave-king-finance-expert/

King isint putting any of his own money in. That's the beauty of it all for him. He is getting others to do it.

38 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

King isint putting any of his own money in. That's the beauty of it all for him. He is getting others to do it.

That's what I'd thought. Kinda casts doubt on the reliability on the rest of the article.

Footballfirst
28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Wrong. King has actually put his own money in via his family trusts.

He bought his initial stake in January 2015 from former RIFC shareholders Artemis, Miton and River & Mercantile for £2.37m. That part of his "investment" didn't go to the club.

Thereafter, through a series of loans which have since been converted to equity, he has put a further £10.96m into the club. The club has used that to finance their operational shortfalls/ transfer spending etc.

Since the financial year end he has put up another £5m as a loan facility. I don't know if he is seeking have it repaid or converted to shares at some point in the future.

Over the same period other parties have put in varying amounts, which have similarly been converted to shares amounting to somewhere between £22m-£23m

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBF Phil three names talks a lot of excrement but his contact seems to be the real deal. I would suggest anything he writes has some element of truth in it.

Sorry wrong quote but you get the idea.

the article was sound and tallied with my quick read through. He added colour to the bits that I and others had picked out here and also had the sense to look at last years audit opinion and accounts in order to do a side by side comparison as well as picking out some detail that wasn't immediately obvious.

there may be a bit of an agenda/hyperbole but was interesting and on the money.

Edited by Jap Jambo
missing word

Glamorgan Jambo
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Wrong. King has actually put his own money in via his family trusts.

He bought his initial stake in January 2015 from former RIFC shareholders Artemis, Miton and River & Mercantile for £2.37m. That part of his "investment" didn't go to the club.

Thereafter, through a series of loans which have since been converted to equity, he has put a further £10.96m into the club. The club has used that to finance their operational shortfalls/ transfer spending etc.

Since the financial year end he has put up another £5m as a loan facility. I don't know if he is seeking have it repaid or converted to shares at some point in the future.

Over the same period other parties have put in varying amounts, which have similarly been converted to shares amounting to somewhere between £22m-£23m

There are plenty of things you can say about King but he kept to his commitment to put money into the club.

Their biggest worry has to be losing Gerrard. He's improved players and improved team performances beyond recognition. If he wins a cup this season then he may wish to up sticks. There's still too big a gap with Celtic over the course of a full season IMO.

Ex member of the SaS

Gerrard will walk when they sell Morelos from under him. He is staking his rep on keeping Morelos and the board are desperate to sell him.

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

There are plenty of things you can say about King but he kept to his commitment to put money into the club.

Their biggest worry has to be losing Gerrard. He's improved players and improved team performances beyond recognition. If he wins a cup this season then he may wish to up sticks. There's still too big a gap with Celtic over the course of a full season IMO.

Also has the power to get good loan players from Liverpool/England.

• cosanostra changed the title to Sevco are as stupid as we thought