• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

they died and their fans did fek all to stop it.

bottom line.

and they will likely die again going the way they are.

As much as I detest Celtic ,  the fact that newco will chuck money they don’t have to stop 10 is very pleasing.  For that reason alone I hope they fail in their attempts to stop 10

15 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

Superb laughed out loud at this take a bow sir 

Nicked it to be fair.. but thought it’s a good shout from the stands 

Bloody experts.....although the Q&A isn't themost forensic.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4955264/rangers-tax-case-ebt-expert-qa/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1573767128

If you don't want to give click bait, 3 key highlights

- HMRC have NOT made any serious mistakes in the case

- The taxman DIDN’T cause Rangers’ liquidation

- Oldco Gers AREN’T due any money back from the treasury

Edited by DETTY29

The Future's Maroon
7 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Screenshot_20191114-235245_Twitter.jpg

BOOOOM 😁

I think the more likely outcome here is that very bad news is due to come out from the Secvonians, the timing of their last accounts was the first hint.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, rick witter said:

Who gives a flying **** about Rangers. This thread should be deleted off kickback. **** them. 

Most on here just revel in any misery that the filth receive.

:jj:

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Jap Jambo said:

A very adult read. Written by someone that is clearly an expert in the area.  Is there a name behind this or is it someone (sensibly) commenting from the shadows?

"RTC" was the blogger who ran with the Rangers tax story and brought it to the wider public in the spring of 2011, starting a couple of months before the Whyte takeover.

He had seen a lot of the files from the original First Tier Tribunal which started in 2010, including assessments and side letters. He first raised the likelihood of RFC being unable to pay the bill when it finally hit, leading to its liquidation.

The blog attracted many qualified and unqualified experts discussing the implications from a legal, financial, insolvency and footballing governance point of view. The blog won a national award for its work.

He was allegedly the source of the material that the BBC's Mark Daly used for his documentary "The Men Who Sold The Jerseys" 

He stopped blogging after the FTT decision went in RFC's favour.

He has never been identified (as far as I'm aware), but he is a self confessed Celtic fan.

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

"RTC" was the blogger who ran with the Rangers tax story and brought it to the wider public in the spring of 2011, starting a couple of months before the Whyte takeover.

He had seen a lot of the files from the original First Tier Tribunal which started in 2010, including assessments and side letters. He first raised the likelihood of RFC being unable to pay the bill when it finally hit, leading to its liquidation.

The blog attracted many qualified and unqualified experts discussing the implications from a legal, financial, insolvency and footballing governance point of view. The blog won a national award for its work.

He was allegedly the source of the material that the BBC's Mark Daly used for his documentary "The Men Who Sold The Jerseys" 

He stopped blogging after the FTT decision went in RFC's favour.

He has never been identified (as far as I'm aware), but he is a self confessed Celtic fan.

Thanks for setting out the context -- much appreciated.

3 hours ago, rick witter said:

Who gives a flying **** about Rangers. This thread should be deleted off kickback. **** them. 

Yet you posted and read a thread about them.

Deary me.

It's like arguing that they got killed by deliberately jumping into the hyena pen instead of the velociraptor enclosure.

Nut.. nut.. nut.. we got savagely eviscerated... we should have just got chewed on the neck.     We would have survived if the raptors were hyena shaped.

3 hours ago, rick witter said:

I find the financial machinations very interesting actually. Also interesting the lengths this particular club will go to in order to achieve success on the pitch.

if it wasn't for this thread and contributors like football first, we wouldn't know half of what's going on thanks to the bland media / or lack of appetite from the media to explore. 

59 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They still have all their titles. 

No, some of them moved onto other clubs because the club they were employed by went into liquidation.

Oh sorry, I thought that said titties.

annushorribilis III
On 14/11/2019 at 12:36, Jamboelite said:

It was always an estimation of costs due at the time. I’m sure Rangers had lawyers who were also estimating what it could be and if they thought it was way off would have advised accordingly.

Murray blinked and thought “f}^{ this im off” And that was his choice based on the advice im sure he would have taken.

They cant now change history to say had the estimated value been different then we would have stayed and paid it.

Widely reported during the FTT days that Murray offered  HMRC £10 million to settle the case. 

itsnomarooned
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

17. Could Oldco Rangers and Newco Rangers join forces if it was beneficial to club?

Hard to see how that could be done in law, they are two separate entities.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

They still have all their titles. 

funnily enough, they dont, those were purchased along with other assets from the liquidators by green for sevco

Edited by reaths17

44 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

funnily enough, they dont, those were purchased along with other assets from the liquidators by green for sevco

It would have been hilarious though if their titles were auctioned off individually, would surely have raised a lot more money for the liquidators. Imagine the seethe if Celtic bid for the middle title in Ranger's 9 in a row would have been worth it alone 😂

What is amusing is the word LIQUIDATION is being used by the weegia.  It has been taboo since 2012.

51 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If only that applied to Google Amazon Starbucks and co we would have more income to spend on those in need

Dry your eyes out.

53 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If only that applied to Google Amazon Starbucks and co we would have more income to spend on those in need

At least they pay their PAYE, NIC and VAT.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, CJGJ said:

I'm sure HMRC would love to go after these tax dodgers, too, but they appear to be hamstrung by a tax dodger friendly government. Regardless, though, don't you think it's right that they should, in the meantime, do their best to ensure that all tax cheats who act outside the law, as it stands, are brought to book?

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Dry your eyes out.

What are you on about ?

Oh I get it anyone who does not toe the line re Rangers/sevco  etc etc cannot make any comment even though it's not really about the subject but the statement from the revenue..of course you must think those companies pay enough hence your stand so greed is good for Findlay who cares it seems not a jot for the less privileged in society

Its sad that you and others ignore the point and try to make cheap shots but understandable ..debate is clearly not allowed in your world

Just to make it clear because you clearly seem unable to grasp the point made in the post is that the Revenue made claims that are clearly not applied across the board when they should be no matter the company or organisation.

My post was about that and nothing to do with Rangers/sevco but you couldn't stop yourself.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

What are you on about ?

Oh I get it anyone who does not toe the line re Rangers/sevco  etc etc cannot make any comment even though it's not really about the subject but the statement from the revenue..of course you must think those companies pay enough hence your stand so greed is good for Findlay who cares it seems not a jot for the less privileged in society

Its sad that you and others ignore the point and try to make cheap shots but understandable ..debate is clearly not allowed in your world

Just to make it clear because you clearly seem unable to grasp the point made in the post is that the Revenue made claims that are clearly not applied across the board when they should be no matter the company or organisation.

My post was about that and nothing to do with Rangers/sevco but you couldn't stop yourself.

Just like yourself. 

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I'm sure HMRC would love to go after these tax dodgers, too, but they appear to be hamstrung by a tax dodger friendly government. Regardless, though, don't you think it's right that they should, in the meantime, do their best to ensure that all tax cheats who act outside the law, as it stands, are brought to book?

In what way did I say it was not right..ALL companies should pay the correct tax

Perhaps you could point out where I said it was not. I won't hold my breath for your reply

36 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Dry your eyes out.

Oh come on. That was a fair point by CJGJ. It is widely recognised that many large international corporations are underpaying tax in the UK and other countries. There should be a fairer system.

Is this your grown-up reaction to serious issues like this? I'm surprised you didn't go the whole hog and call him a snowflake. :) Very immature behaviour, imo.

29 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

What are you on about ?

Not sure if you noticed but this thread is about rangers/sevco. Maybe start another thread about big companies dodging tax

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Oh come on. That was a fair point by CJGJ. It is widely recognised that many large international corporations are underpaying tax in the UK and other countries. There should be a fairer system.

Is this your grown-up reaction to serious issues like this? I'm surprised you didn't go the whole hog and call him a snowflake. :) Very immature behaviour, imo.

It's more him trying to veer off the topic as it seems to really upset him

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
30 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

In what way did I say it was not right..ALL companies should pay the correct tax

Perhaps you could point out where I said it was not. I won't hold my breath for your reply

You were trying to deflect, though.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

You let your club die - get over it 

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

You let your club die - get over it 

Sad but expected from some posters

I think I'll live despite the attempts of the few

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

You were trying to deflect, though.

Sorry but I was not..I was making the point that the revenue made a statement that just does not wash

Sometimes you should accept a post for what it is instead of putting a spin on it

Any way my point has been made..accept it or not

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It's more him trying to veer off the topic as it seems to really upset him

Well, that would be classic CJGJ, admittedly, I've built up a certain impression of his leanings vis-à-vis Sevco over the years, but I had the same initial reaction too when I read the quote from the tax chap about "getting tax right, for everyone".

Anyway, it was just the puerile manner of the response to his post that engendered my knee-jerk reaction. It just seemed like such a "children's playground" thing to say.

Best bet is that I bow out of this little mini-storm with a parting "FTR!!!" :)

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but I was not..I was making the point that the revenue made a statement that just does not wash

Sometimes you should accept a post for what it is instead of putting a spin on it

This is a thread about the Huns being cheating, tax dodging scum. Google, etc should be in the shed.

18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Well, that would be classic CJGJ, admittedly, I've built up a certain impression of his leanings vis-à-vis Sevco over the years, but I had the same initial reaction too when I read the quote from the tax chap about "getting tax right, for everyone".

Anyway, it was just the puerile manner of the response to his post that engendered my knee-jerk reaction. It just seemed like such a "children's playground" thing to say.

Best bet is that I bow out of this little mini-storm with a parting "FTR!!!" :)

Is it not the case that Google, Amazon etc are legally avoiding paying what we think should be the correct tax? If not morally wrong.

Whereas old Rangers did it illegally.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You clearly inferred that your other favourite club was, somehow, being treated less favourably by HMRC than those under-contributing companies have been. If you were not inferring this or something similar, why on earth did you even mention those non-sports related companies? Further more, please pay more attention to what is actually written in posts you refer to, for I did not accuse you of saying 'it was not right', I asked you if you thought it was right that HMRC goes after all tax avoiding companies, and you answered that you do agree, which is how it should be, but that leaves the question, doesn't it, of what was the point you were trying to make, if not what I suggest you were inferring?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

HMRC do not make the laws that allow these companies to avoid the tax they should be paying, they can only chase those who avoid tax illegally, which is what the HMRC statement was alluding to. 

King voted for liquidation and the death of Rangers and their history. The corruption that followed - the Nimmo and 5WA scams  - wasn't on the table. King voted to kill his own club. Maybe King should take himself to court? Would be a fitting and dignified move. 

• cosanostra changed the title to Sevco are as stupid as we thought