• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Lfhearts

• Finlay James

On 05/08/2019 at 11:42, allanwilson1970 said:

also noticed Josh Doig who left us in the summer has played for Hibs first team 3/4 times, any idea what happened here as I always thought he was solid when he played for us in defence. Was bit shocked to see him released form us and few weeks later in their first team. 

Someone said recently that Josh Doig had left Hibs. I was trying to find where that had been posted. 

Berra - starts

Lee - no game this weekend

Wighton - starts

MacLean - starts

Currie - no game this weekend

Burns - Started in a 0-0 draw with Western Utd earlier today

Mason - bench

Morrison - bench

Hamilton - starts

Ritchie - starts

Baur - starts

Other than Lee and Currie whose teams don’t have fixtures, all loanees should get game time apart from Mason as unlikely a keeper will come off the bench. Everyone starting apart from Morrison but think it’s safe to say he’ll be on at some point. 

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Footballfirst
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Someone said recently that Josh Doig had left Hibs. I was trying to find where that had been posted. 

It was ex Hearts youth Josh Grigor who had left Hibs.

Recorded the Newcastle Jets game on BT Sport and just watched it from planner. Bobby Burns had an amazing game Left Midfield. His crossing and corners were superb. He made the A League Team of the Week. The commentators raving about his delivery into box too. MOTM. If (big IF) he continues to play like that he's worth another chance but at LM as I have watched him at LB on BT and he was nowhere near as good

On 10/02/2020 at 06:47, EH22-Jambo said:

Recorded the Newcastle Jets game on BT Sport and just watched it from planner. Bobby Burns had an amazing game Left Midfield. His crossing and corners were superb. He made the A League Team of the Week. The commentators raving about his delivery into box too. MOTM. If (big IF) he continues to play like that he's worth another chance but at LM as I have watched him at LB on BT and he was nowhere near as good

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stats-earned-bobby-burns-place-17732055.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Niemi’s gloves

I see from the Scotsman print edition that Alex Petkov has been punted out on loan to Brechin City for the rest of the season. (Not mentioned anywhere on Hearts media that I can see. It doesn’t look great for him. Seemed to be doing well on loan at Clyde, reasonably placed in League One, recalled and presumably then deemed not suitable/good enough for DS’s squad; now off to play for a team well adrift at the bottom of League Two.

And our first team now looks very bare in terms of emergency cover at centre back.

• 2 weeks later...

Steven Maclean scored what I think was his first goal for Raith on Saturday, in a 1-0 win over Clyde.

(not that it really makes any difference to us - it's not like he'll be coming back).

Let them all go, no point, as for Harry, Moore, Henderson etc their time is running out, only Irving has a chance.

Hickey is level they all need to get to, none of them look like they are getting anywhere near it.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Let them all go, no point, as for Harry, Moore, Henderson etc their time is running out, only Irving has a chance.

Hickey is level they all need to get to, none of them look like they are getting anywhere near it.

Players mature at different points, some are ready very young and others take until they are 20-21 before they are suited to top level football.  If we let everyone go because they haven't hit the ground running, we will have no youth or reserve teams.

Hickey is the exception, not the rule.

On 13/02/2020 at 14:29, Niemi’s gloves said:

I see from the Scotsman print edition that Alex Petkov has been punted out on loan to Brechin City for the rest of the season. (Not mentioned anywhere on Hearts media that I can see. It doesn’t look great for him. Seemed to be doing well on loan at Clyde, reasonably placed in League One, recalled and presumably then deemed not suitable/good enough for DS’s squad; now off to play for a team well adrift at the bottom of League Two.

And our first team now looks very bare in terms of emergency cover at centre back.

On HMFC WEbsire saw it last week.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/loan-move-for-petkov