Hearts Loanees 2019-20

Mikey1874

Footballfirst
15 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

An Update of Loanees.

Baur           Bonnyrigg Rose         Played yesterday in 3-2 win v East Kilbride .In starting line ups .               

Happy to be corrected on any of this.Maybe some have more detail?

Bonnyrigg won 2-0 against EK.  Baur also got their website MOTM.

WEBSITE MOTM - Wouldn’t have been too many arguments with whoever was picked after yesterday’s performance, but the person with the most votes is DANIEL BAUR. Well done Danny

Edited by Footballfirst

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Lfhearts

• Finlay James

tolcross lad
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Bonnyrigg won 2-0 against EK.  Baur also got MOTM.

That was my deliberate mistake.The lad is doing well there.Unfortunately wont play in Cup tie.

tolcross lad
50 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

Thanks for this!

Moore I'm sure played the reserves game this week and scored (may be wrong) so don't know why he's not getting a game.

You are indeed correct.

I was at the reserve game v Dunfermine at Meggetland on 17/9 and he started then.

Lewis was last included in the Falkirk squad on 14/9 but did not come off the bench.He has not been named since . But appears again last week for the Hearts reserves. .Maybe injured, fit to play and injured again..I dont know.

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Chris Hamilton named in the SPFL team of the week. 

Scotland comment is joining U19s for Euro qualifiers

• 2 weeks later...

BBC Sportsound was recorded in Bonnyrigg last night. Strong Hearts flavour to the panel with Gary Locke, Robbie Horn and Michael Stewart all on the panel. Episode is available as a podcast with almost no other chat about other Premier clubs.

Anyway, Robbie Horn mentioned that they had a young Hearts player on loan at Bonnyrigg at the moment who he described as a typical U20s player. Likes to get on the ball and play football but needs to learn the other side of the game, effectively the physical side of the game. He didn't name the player, but I think the only player we have on loan at Bonnyrigg Rose at the moment is Daniel Baur. Wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement Baur. Was expecting him to be released at Hearts at the end of the season, but sounds like he will really struggle to generate interest at a higher level that Lowland League. Disappointing for a lad who appeared in the Hearts first team two years ago.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

BBC Sportsound was recorded in Bonnyrigg last night. Strong Hearts flavour to the panel with Gary Locke, Robbie Horn and Michael Stewart all on the panel. Episode is available as a podcast with almost no other chat about other Premier clubs.

Anyway, Robbie Horn mentioned that they had a young Hearts player on loan at Bonnyrigg at the moment who he described as a typical U20s player. Likes to get on the ball and play football but needs to learn the other side of the game, effectively the physical side of the game. He didn't name the player, but I think the only player we have on loan at Bonnyrigg Rose at the moment is Daniel Baur. Wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement Baur. Was expecting him to be released at Hearts at the end of the season, but sounds like he will really struggle to generate interest at a higher level that Lowland League. Disappointing for a lad who appeared in the Hearts first team two years ago.

There’s a few unfortunately

moore, Henderson, Currie, all reaching ages they should be breaking into or being close to the first team. Think we need a release culling at the end of the season

16 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Listened to it .Michael Stewart had his obligatory rant about Craig Levein. Gary Locke being on the panel was in an invidious position and probably quite wisely kept his own counsel. 

16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

moore, Henderson, Currie, all reaching ages they should be breaking into or being close to the first team. Think we need a release culling at the end of the season

Agreed. Even with the Academy working to its maximum, it will always happen that most of the youngsters won't make it at Hearts. I'd like to think that in general players who play even a little for our first team will be able to carve out a career for themselves in the top two  leagues rather than having to drop into non-league football.

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You could ultimately be correct about him but Henderson is only 18. Same age group as Cochrane and McDonald.

Edited by Mikey1874

On 06/10/2019 at 18:31, Lfhearts said:

Mulraney can go on loan in January hopefully to some Tom kite no doubt like where most of our loanees end up ( not the Pars).

You are talking tom kite.

Mulraney is a decent player if used correctly

1 hour ago, jake said:

Had high Hope's for Macdonald.

MacDonald is still only 18. Still plenty of time for him to make an impact. Unfortunately currently injured.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/anthony-mcdonald-update-manager-details-hearts-midfielders-injury-642664

It seems that some folk are expecting 7/8 minimum to become first team players. Whereas it is more realistic to hope for 1/2 to make it through. 

An uneventful weekend for all our players out on loan with only four starting and only one of them getting the full 90 minutes.

Olly Lee started for Gillingham in their 2-1 defeat at home to Peterborough and was subbed in the 64th minute.

Harry Cochrane started for Dunfermline in their 3-2 win at home to Ayr and was subbed in the 51st minute. Anthony McDonald was not in the squad as he is currently injured.

Rory Currie came off the bench at half time for Forfar in their 1-0 defeat away to East Fife.

Lewis Moore came off the bench in the 78th minute for Falkirk in their 4-0 win at home to Peterhead.

Bobby Burns came off the bench at half time for Newcastle Jets in their 1-1 draw away to Central Coast Mariners.

Kelby Mason played the full match for Annan in their 2-2 draw at home to Brechin in the Scottish Cup.

Daniel Baur was not named in the squad for Bonnyrigg Rose at home to Buckie Thistle in the Scottish Cup.

Alex Petkov started for Clyde in their 2-2 draw at home to Raith Rovers and was subbed in the 38th minute.

Cumbernauld Colts didn’t have a game this week so Dean Ritchie didn’t play.

Chris Hamilton and Connor Smith were not named in the squad for Cowdenbeath at home to Broxburn Athletic in the Scottish Cup.

Leeroy Makovora an unused sub for Spartans in their 2-0 defeat at home to Queen's Park in the Scottish Cup.

Was surprised to see Baur, Hamilton and Smith not named in their teams' squads for their Scottish Cup matches, presumably at our request to stop them from being cup-tied. I guess we're keeping our options open for when their loans end in January, but I wouldn't have thought Baur would be anywhere near our first team.

Does anyone know if Jay Nwanze is still on loan at Vale of Leithen? Transfermarkt have the loan down as ending three days after it started, but I haven't seen an announcement from us or them (although I don't think we actually announced he left in the first place).

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 23:23, Saint Jambo said:

MacDonald is still only 18. Still plenty of time for him to make an impact. Unfortunately currently injured.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/anthony-mcdonald-update-manager-details-hearts-midfielders-injury-642664

Been out for 6 weeks so would expect him to be back within the next couple of weeks.....good player.....technically miles ahead of the rest...going to have a big future, just needs a decent run of games. Started the season brilliantly for the reserves, scoring\creating every game and looking the stand out player. Think him, Harry, Smith, Hamilton will benefit hugely from the loan spells.

Mmmm

Who knows really. Hard to say about anyone especially at a lower level. Anyway Leeroy Makavora is at The Spartans in Lowland League. 

Debut as sub v Kilmarnock when we played 8 youngsters in final game of season 2 years ago. 

Seeing him tonight I would say he has potential and has developed. At what level ultimately remains to be seen. He has great skill and lose control taking passes and getting away from players. Decent in the air despite not being any size. He didn't get the ball enough for me tonight but when he did he was dangerous. He harried players winning the ball a few times. He had 2 good chances where decision making was a bit out. Once he should have passed when he'd won the ball and driven forward. The other he might have been better shooting himself (East Stirling went straight up park and scored). He put in 2 brilliant crosses near end of game. 

And he got sent off for the second time this season. Booked for jumping into much bigger opponent a bit harshly he got second booking after final whistle possibly for confronting opposition player. He did get a couple of tough challenges near end.First sending off earlier in season was second yellow card for diving which no one in ground thought he did. 

Hopefully Hearts have someone watching him and follow up this game including a chat re keeping calm. 

7 hours ago, Blackie the Cat said:

Nice bit about Harry Cochrane at half time last night.........starts at 56 min.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0009rgx/sportscene-friday-night-football-201920-12-ayr-united-v-dundee

Nice one, cheers. 

Includes Gary Naysmith talking. And good snippets of some of the benefits in learning. 

Well Cochrane subbed after an hour the two at Cowdenbeath humped from a junior team, not sure about rest of them but to be honest if they were any good or had any real potential would walk into the Hearts team just now. 

So as I have said on numerous occasions the academy is failing the whole football side of the club is a disaster.

And breathe. 

Almost passed out reading that. 

Not sure what happened to cochrane. Apparently became bill big baws. Hopefully this brings him back down to Earth. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Leveins Battalion

The golden era for our academy produced Locke,Johnston,Ritchie,McManus and Naismith,to think that we are going to become the Scottiah Ajax is just mental...its not gonna happen.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, cosanostra said:

We don't seem to produce strikers or creative players for some 

Cummings,Walker,Nicolson,Paterson.

Since Budge / Levein took over have we produced any Academy players who have become first team regulars (50+ appearances)?

31 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Well Cochrane subbed after an hour the two at Cowdenbeath humped from a junior team, not sure about rest of them but to be honest if they were any good or had any real potential would walk into the Hearts team just now. 

So as I have said on numerous occasions the academy is failing the whole football side of the club is a disaster.

Given that everything's you say is pish and anti-Hearts, your opinion counts for zero.

Have you ever watched any of the academy teams?  Did you watch them winning the international tournament that they hosted in the summer, beating Arsenal along the way?  Do you even know the way to Tynecastle?

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Since Budge / Levein took over have we produced any Academy players who have become first team regulars (50+ appearances)?

Youth development takes time. 

Cochrane - 35

Morrison - 41

Hickey - 17

Irving - 23

McDonald - 23

I think for what you're describing to have happened we'd need to have been in our current position from the outset. The academy was absolutely gutted by Vlad. Most of the lads that would likely have still been in there were already in our first team (Carrick, Walker, Mchattie, Paterson, King, Nicholson etc.). 

I think Hearts have produced an envious amount of footballers compared to a lot of other clubs in the last 8 years. 

Blaming Levein for a lot, but this is literally the only shinning light. Can't take this away from him i'm afraid. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Youth development takes time. 

Cochrane - 35

Morrison - 41

Hickey - 17

Irving - 23

McDonald - 23

I think for what you're describing to have happened we'd need to have been in our current position from the outset. The academy was absolutely gutted by Vlad. Most of the lads that would likely have still been in there were already in our first team (Carrick, Walker, Mchattie, Paterson, King, Nicholson etc.). 

I think Hearts have produced an envious amount of footballers compared to a lot of other clubs in the last 8 years. 

Blaming Levein for a lot, but this is literally the only shinning light. Can't take this away from him i'm afraid. 

So after 5 years that is the cream of the crop?

Cochrane, Morrison, Hickey, Irving and MacDonald.

I really don’t get this myth that Hearts are producing better youngsters than the rest of the non-OF sides in the league. 

58 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Hamilton and Smith weren’t playing. Maybe check your facts first.

55 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

And breathe. 

Almost passed out reading that. 

Not sure what happened to cochrane. Apparently became bill big baws. Hopefully this brings him back down to Earth. 

Where did you hear this about Cochrane? Anytime I saw him in person, Hearts TV  or social media he just looked a happy go lucky young guy. Always looked a hard worker.

I don’t really understand how he has went from playing fairly regularly, scoring against Celtic and having Scott Brown in his back pocket to - within a matter of months - needing further development in the Championship. 

There’s something not right about Cochrane's situation. I’d rather have him in midfield than Clare.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Where did you hear this about Cochrane? Anytime I saw him in person, Hearts TV  or social media he just looked a happy go lucky young guy. Always looked a hard worker.

I don’t really understand how he has went from playing fairly regularly, scoring against Celtic and having Scott Brown in his back pocket to - within a matter of months - needing further development in the Championship. 

There’s something not right about Cochrane's situation. I’d rather have him in midfield than Clare.

It’s common knowledge he had a few strops and let himself get distracted. He wasn’t allowed out on loan last season but this season we have more options and it makes sense to let him develop out the limelight. 

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Pub talk and on here I have heard that. Granted, not the most reliable sources of information hence I used the word apparently.  

Confident he will develop into a good player. How far he goes all depends on himself 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

It’s common knowledge he had a few strops and let himself get distracted. He wasn’t allowed out on loan last season but this season we have more options and it makes sense to let him develop out the limelight. 

So - if that’s true that a 17 year old took a strop shocker!! - would it not have been better to manage him ourselves rather than leave his attitude readjustment to the Dunfermline management team. 

On seconds thoughts, maybe not!!

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Pub talk and on here I have heard that. Granted, not the most reliable sources of information hence I used the word apparently.  

Confident he will develop into a good player. How far he goes all depends on himself 

Not strictly true. How he is managed throughout the difficult times will have a huge bearing. Football is littered with talented players who - for one reason or another - didn’t make it. It’s not always solely down to the individual, sometimes good or poor management at crucial times is key.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Smith and Hamilton not allowed to play in the cup. 

Never said they were playing but with current dire first team squad, if any good they would be recalled.

Hickey exception to rule but partly developed at Celtic.

15 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Never said they were playing but with current dire first team squad, if any good they would be recalled.

Hickey exception to rule but partly developed at Celtic.

You can’t recall them outside the transfer window. 

Our youth academy is a myth! Better youngsters in admin/relegation season, totally mismanaged by CL so ended up with little cash for them.

CL made a point of telling how bad our youth was, pushing promising youngsters out without giving proper chance.

all in an attempt to prove he was right and can produce better youth. 
Other than Hickey we won’t see many of these youth players make it at hearts, and Hickey will be away anyway!

2 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

Our youth academy is a myth! Better youngsters in admin/relegation season, totally mismanaged by CL so ended up with little cash for them.

CL made a point of telling how bad our youth was, pushing promising youngsters out without giving proper chance.

Other than Hickey we won’t see many of these youth players make it at hearts, and Hickey will be away anyway!

What promising youngsters were pushed out?

1 hour ago, Jambomb said:

Really, who are these promising youngsters that we're pushed and where are they now?  Are they proving Craig Levein wrong?

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Really, who are these promising youngsters that we're pushed and where are they now?  Are they proving Craig Levein wrong?

They won’t reply cos there is no one.