• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Lfhearts

• jamboinglasgow

Footballfirst
Just now, Newton51 said:

Danuel Baur on loan at Bonnyrigg and played last night in victory against Berwick 

Despite his height, he was beaten in the air for one of the Berwick goals 

Just now, Footballfirst said:

Despite his height, he was beaten in the air for one of the Berwick goals 

Game ended up 5-3 so plenty on goals at both ends. Think he scored for them at the weekend

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Game ended up 5-3 so plenty on goals at both ends. Think he scored for them at the weekend

I was at the Bonnyrigg game at the weekend, but didn't get on the scoresheet. He scored in a friendly against West Junior side Rossvale the previous week.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was at the Bonnyrigg game at the weekend, but didn't get on the scoresheet. He scored in a friendly against West Junior side Rossvale the previous week.

Good going at your age just to make the team FF, maybe grab a goal next week. 😃

Edited by graygo

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, graygo said:

Good going at your age just to make the team FF, maybe grab a goal next week. 😃

At my age it's easy to miss out the odd word in a sentence. :compute:

Edited by Footballfirst

Baur played 69mins in a 1-1 draw with civil service strollers 

Petkov played 90mins in a 1-1 draw with East Fife 

letsalldothebeattie
9 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Seen Zanatta & Keena were at the game yesterday obviously not going to be apart of the squad today

allanwilson1970
On 01/08/2019 at 21:05, Footballfirst said:

At my age it's easy to miss out the odd word in a sentence. :compute:

Any news on who, where and when others will go on loan? Seems a bit strange we have so many players and only 1 on loan. What’s your opinions ?

26 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Seen Zanatta & Keena were at the game yesterday obviously not going to be apart of the squad today

Don’t think that means they won’t be involved. Training would have been in the morning then probably would have the afternoon off. Clyde is only 30-40 mins from Oriam so as long as they were done by 2 they’d have got there in time. 

letsalldothebeattie
6 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Don’t think that means they won’t be involved. Training would have been in the morning then probably would have the afternoon off. Clyde is only 30-40 mins from Oriam so as long as they were done by 2 they’d have got there in time. 

But the squad usually travel up to Aberdeen the day before the game so with them being at Clyde game makes me think they won’t as the squad would already be away 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, jambo19 said:

looking at comments from the Clyde game, seems to be a consensus that Petkov looked good yesterday though needs to work on communcation with team-mates and not try to dribble round everyone in the opposition.

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

But the squad usually travel up to Aberdeen the day before the game so with them being at Clyde game makes me think they won’t as the squad would already be away 

Do we? I suppose it is one of the ones we probably would do that for. Fair enough. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Any news on who, where and when others will go on loan? Seems a bit strange we have so many players and only 1 on loan. What’s your opinions ?

I think we will see a drip feed of loan deals being done right up to the end of the transfer window.

I see there being two groups of players going on loan, those who the club wants to develop further with a view to the future and those who are surplus to requirements but are still under contract.

Every player who has yet to establish themselves as "first team" players will be candidates for a loan. 

Currie, Brandon, Moore, Zanatta, Silva, Burns, Mason, Keena (wants to stay), Petkov (on loan) Baur (on loan),  Morrison (not before Jan), Hamilton, Ritchie, Cochrane, McDonald, Irving, Henderson, Sandison, Nwanze could all be considered.  Obviously I wouldn't expect all of them to go, but I think at least half of them could go out on loan for regular football.

They can still play Reserve or Colts games while on loan. 

2 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

We've got another 4 weeks to arrange loans. Hearts are giving everyone a chance to impress, see what level they are at. And waiting for signings to be confirmed. Players that could be cover then become further away from first team. 

allanwilson1970
22 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I think we will see a drip feed of loan deals being done right up to the end of the transfer window.

I see there being two groups of players going on loan, those who the club wants to develop further with a view to the future and those who are surplus to requirements but are still under contract.

Every player who has yet to establish themselves as "first team" players will be candidates for a loan. 

Currie, Brandon, Moore, Zanatta, Silva, Burns, Mason, Keena (wants to stay), Petkov (on loan) Baur (on loan),  Morrison (not before Jan), Hamilton, Ritchie, Cochrane, McDonald, Irving, Henderson, Sandison, Nwanze could all be considered.  Obviously I wouldn't expect all of them to go, but I think at least half of them could go out on loan for regular football.

Will be interesting to see how this works out, I just assumed a lot would have happened before the season started. 

Do do you know if the U18s played Middlesbrough as you mentioned on another thread??

i also noticed Josh Doig who left us in the summer has played for Hibs first team 3/4 times, any idea what happened here as I always thought he was solid when he played for us in defence. Was bit shocked to see him released form us and few weeks later in their first team. 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Will be interesting to see how this works out, I just assumed a lot would have happened before the season started. 

Do do you know if the U18s played Middlesbrough as you mentioned on another thread??

i also noticed Josh Doig who left us in the summer has played for Hibs first team 3/4 times, any idea what happened here as I always thought he was solid when he played for us in defence. Was bit shocked to see him released form us and few weeks later in their first team. 

I haven't heard if the U18s played or how they fared against 'boro. They have a game against Everton at Riccarton tomorrow with a 1pm k.o. (the last I heard).  It will probably be a young side as the "Colts" (U21s) are away to Albion Rovers tomorrow evening in the Challenge Cup.

I think you are getting Josh Doig mixed up with Christian Doidge who they signed from Forest Green.  Josh Doig improved enormously last season but he is still a bit away from first team football, even at Hibs 

58 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I haven't heard if the U18s played or how they fared against 'boro. They have a game against Everton at Riccarton tomorrow with a 1pm k.o. (the last I heard).  It will probably be a young side as the "Colts" (U21s) are away to Albion Rovers tomorrow evening in the Challenge Cup.

I think you are getting Josh Doig mixed up with Christian Doidge who they signed from Forest Green.  Josh Doig improved enormously last season but he is still a bit away from first team football, even at Hibs 

Josh Doig has played a few times in friendless and was on bench in league cup games. Heckingbottom loves him.

allanwilson1970
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I will try and get to the U18s game tomorrow before heading to Colts game. Are we allowed to play older players ?

I checked his Twitter and seems he’s definitely played a few for first team. Any idea why we let him go when he goes into their squad almost immediately ?

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Josh Doig has played a few times in friendless and was on bench in league cup games. Heckingbottom loves him.

That's good to hear. I've just checked their match day squads and he was an unused sub for one of the league cup games v Alloa. That's his only competitive listing with the first team.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

I will try and get to the U18s game tomorrow before heading to Colts game. Are we allowed to play older players ?

I checked his Twitter and seems he’s definitely played a few for first team. Any idea why we let him go when he goes into their squad almost immediately ?

You can play two overage players in the Colts side.

It looked as if he was going to be released the previous season, but continued to play on as an amateur. As I said earlier I thought he improved a lot last season, playing at centre back.  It might just be that Craig Levein didn't fancy him and was never going to change his mind.

He was part of the 2002 age group that looked as if it could be our "golden generation" when they played at U11 / U12, along with Connor Smith, Brodie Strang, Scott McGill, Cammy Logan, Aaron Hickey, Cammy Graham, Josh Grigor and Robbie Cole. Some got full time contracts and some were released.  Josh started off as a left sided midfielder, but ended up playing left back as his development seemed to stall a bit, then blossomed once again when he grew a few inches taller and was switched to centre back.

Edited by Footballfirst

MaskedMarauder

Albion Rovers are getting someone on loan from us. Hearts got told they wanted Zanatta and Hamilton but unsure if it’s either of them. Will see what happens with those 2

Mr Elwood P
26 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Albion Rovers are getting someone on loan from us. Hearts got told they wanted Zanatta and Hamilton but unsure if it’s either of them. Will see what happens with those 2

If Zanatta goes on loan to Albion Rovers it would suggest his Hearts career is done! Burns has had one loan spell and that was to a Scottish Premiership club. 

1 hour ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Could see it being Hamilton to rovers, maybe after tomorrow’s nights game. Zanatta did well at Alloa so think if he is to be loaned out then would be a higher level. I think he deserves a chance though

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Play Albion in Challenge Cup (U20 side plus 2 overage) tomorrow. 

It's U21 + 2 x O/A players

Albion Rovers vs Hearts Colts

The Reigart Stadium
Tuesday, 6th August, 7.45pm kick-off

Prices:
Adults: £6
Concessions: £3
Under 12s free if accompanied by paying ticket.

On 05/08/2019 at 11:55, Footballfirst said:

Josh Doig did play the 90 minutes for Hibs U21s in 3-4 defeat to Elgin in front of 424 crowd at Easter Road. 

Also in squad as unused sub for Hibs was Dino Leddie who has signed a 2 year contract. EEN said he signed from the Swedish club though it was said here he hadn't gone there. 

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

According to transfermarkt Dino Leddie is now on loan at Gala Fairydean. No mention of ever playing in Sweden though

Maybe he is. He also played for Hearts U18s v Whitehill Welfare beg July. 

Here is the EEN story 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-add-ex-hearts-defender-dino-leddie-and-goalkeeper-joshua-rae-to-development-squad-1-4978086

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Falkirk supporting mate reckons they are taking a pacy left sided youngster on loan? Moore??

Moore is right footed but can play on the left. 

Left sided youngster? Sean Ward? Anthony Mcdonald? 

Edited by Footballfirst

8 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Falkirk supporting mate reckons they are taking a pacy left sided youngster on loan? Moore??

It’s Moore they’ve been linked to yeah. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Quite a few need to be out on loan. Hard to see them getting a sniff if business is done 

allanwilson1970
On 04/08/2019 at 13:29, Footballfirst said:

Do you have any update on loan deals, Confirmed or potential ? Is the rules the same as last season for the league and cup if in loan can play for the reserves?

Really need to ship some lads out on loan. Don't want them getting bored and falling out of love with the game. Sqaud is way too big so there'll be a few constantly disappointed in not getting a chance which I'm sure we don't want. Message to Levein....... If a player isn't in your plans at all to start or sit on the bench as a back up then ship them out on loan(academy lads mainly so we get them back). Deadwood like Olly Lee and a couple of others Bozanic one of them should be moved on. 

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Do you have any update on loan deals, Confirmed or potential ? Is the rules the same as last season for the league and cup if in loan can play for the reserves?

Sadly no, other than Lewis Moore to Falkirk.

Development loans seem to be the norm and I believe are effective up to age 23.

Edited by Footballfirst

7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Sadly no, other than Lewis Moore to Falkirk.

Development loans seem to be the norm and I believe are effective up to age 23.

Rules were changed last year. Development loan category no longer exists.

Any loan ('temporary transfer' in SPFL rules) player can play in Challenge Cup and Reserve games. 

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton off to Cowdenbeath on loan.

Bit weird. Both could probably play league 1/championship. 

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

Bit weird. Both could probably play league 1/championship. 

Both will find it a physical challenge at this stage. Hopefully they are able to show their class and step up a bit in January.

45 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Both will find it a physical challenge at this stage. Hopefully they are able to show their class and step up a bit in January.

Very true. Could be a good move by our new loan manager! 

Rocky jamboa

Surprised at connor Smith going out on loan. Thought he would have got some game time this season, after impressing the times he played last season. 

Smith and Hamilton both start for Cowdenbeath at Cove Rangers. 

Petkov is playing for Clyde and Lewis Moore on bench for Falkirk. 

Edited by Mikey1874

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Anyone know how the lads played yesterday?

No idea how they played but Hamilton and C. Smith played 90 minutes in what seemed to be an eventful 3-2 loss to Cove Rangers. Petkov played 90 mins in a 3-1 loss for Clyde. And although Falkirk won Moore was an unused substitute.