Walk up ticket prices

Rocky jamboa

Rocky jamboa

Just looked at tickets for our game v Rangers at home and it is £38 for a ticket! 😳 cheapest I could find was £33 for crap seats in the first few rows in the end sections.

Not doing much to encourage walk up fans. That is far too much for a Hearts game in the SPL, especially for how poor we've been the last few seasons. 

I go down to newcastle games now and again and the most I paid last season was £34 for excellent seats for games v man u, arsenal and spurs. A far better standard of football. 

The club needs a bit of a reality check with the prices its charging. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Robbo-Jambo

• leginten

• Rocky jamboa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strange. Website lists U18 in G upper as £18 but etickets has them at £25.

Seems very pricy if you ask me, a mistake surely? Seats in lower Gorgie which are Bronze, are £32 an adult.

Tickets are well overpriced. Even for a non Category A fixture if you want a decent seat it's over £30 with £21 being the cheapest in the first few rows of the Roseburn. 

Can someone please explain on what basis/criteria  do the club set ticket prices at? Saying that I pay £24 for Legaue one in England when I go down and suffer at Southend United a couple of times a season. 

Wages in Edinburgh aren't great (just like everywhere bar London) so it does amaze me how the club can set these prices whilst trying to attract those on lowwr incomes through the gate. 

ArcticJambo

Bought Z upper for Ross County today, 29 sheets!  Least the u13 ticket was only a fiver but by gawd that's steep.  Not sure how much walking up I'll be doing, more likely walking down for the lower level seats at 21.

joondalupjambo

Yep same as me.  I just bought two adult and one child for Z upper as well for a mate of mine, his son in law and grandson so is under 13 so a fiver.  Add in booking fees and postage and total was 68 quid.  I got a shock at that given it is only Ross County.  They are all non Hearts fans who just want to go because they heard how good the stadium is.  The guy can easily afford it, it is a one off and he never blinked.

Guess the issue is overall income and also what the buyers can afford.  If the club work out they are getting enough from current ST sales and the guaranteed TV income they can charge what they like for walk up's.  The walk up income will be the cream and if folk pay it so be it.  I always say what is expensive to some people is cheap to others,

Hectormasson
22 minutes ago, AW1 said:

Tickets are well overpriced. Even for a non Category A fixture if you want a decent seat it's over £30 with £21 being the cheapest in the first few rows of the Roseburn. 

Can someone please explain on what basis/criteria  do the club set ticket prices at? Saying that I pay £24 for Legaue one in England when I go down and suffer at Southend United a couple of times a season. 

Wages in Edinburgh aren't great (just like everywhere bar London) so it does amaze me how the club can set these prices whilst trying to attract those on lowwr incomes through the gate. 

Doesn't look like hearts are bothering about low paid or unemployed,  does it,think it should be a lot cheaper and easier for people to pay at gate on random ,to create bigger gates if poss ,and an atmosphere that will be uplifting .

Rocky jamboa

I can afford to pay it but grudge paying as much as that, especially if we play the same crappy, boring football we've played over the last 3 seasons. 

Not sure if they've set the prices so high to encourage people to buy season tickets instead? Charging more than english premier sides is ridiculous. 

I feel the club are moving away from being for the working class guy bringing his kids to the game. It's more about selling hospitality and sky lounges and encouraging corporate clients to pay through the nose. 

Just now, Paulp74 said:

I can afford to pay it but grudge paying as much as that, especially if we play the same crappy, boring football we've played over the last 3 seasons. 

Not sure if they've set the prices so high to encourage people to buy season tickets instead? Charging more than english premier sides is ridiculous. 

I feel the club are moving away from being for the working class guy bringing his kids to the game. It's more about selling hospitality and sky lounges and encouraging corporate clients to pay through the nose. 

you cant compare it to EPL sides as they have lots of money so ticket sales are a small part of their income, for a club like us it is a big proportion of our income

fabienleclerq
6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you cant compare it to EPL sides as they have lots of money so ticket sales are a small part of their income, for a club like us it is a big proportion of our income

You can still compare it as a customer would you pay more for a worse product in any other walk of life? 

John mcCartney

spotted this at the weekend as well.
my old seat is 30 squids for cat b game...........
while Im very intrigued for this first home game ,Il go
but ffs.........

cheapest are pitch level,incredible stuff
yet more shennanigans to deal with

been looking into Newcastle Utd as well btw,Arsenal at home next Sunday...

Rocky jamboa
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

Maybe they set reasonable prices so they get bigger crowds, better atmospheres and then make more in sales from other areas, such as the club shop, pie stall, programmes etc? Also, it makes it more attractive to tv companies.

Reduce the prices down by £5 and the extra crowd you'll get will cancel out the reduction. 

Category B prices which is non Rangers Celtic Hibs and Aberdeen

Platinum £34

Gold £29

Silver £23

Bronze £21

Carl Weathers
11 minutes ago, ceefax said:

Platinum £34

Gold £29

Silver £23

Bronze £21

Disgraceful pricing.

If the club reduce walk up prices then they would have to reduce season ticket prices as it would be more cost effective to pick and choose games than to renew. As has been said it's our main source of income and while it's a major expense I pay in the hope that the club continues to first exist for future generations and then hopefully improve.

whole clubs a shambles from top to bottom at the moment. in jan i had the pleasure of watching us get pumped off dundee 2-1 for £32 a pop was told only premium seats left on a wednesday when it was pissing down

3 minutes ago, Masonic said:

whole clubs a shambles from top to bottom at the moment. in jan i had the pleasure of watching us get pumped off dundee 2-1 for £32 a pop was told only premium seats left on a wednesday when it was pissing down

Well that’s just not true

also you could have said no to that price no one forced you to buy it. I have a feel had we won the league cup group comfortably and about to announce Naismith you wouldn’t be bringing this up 

Edited by campbell

What about a standard discount for FoH contributors. Like many on here I pledged from the beginning and have no plan to stop.

2 minutes ago, campbell said:

also you could have said no to that price no one forced you to buy it. I have a feel had we won the league cup group comfortably and about to announce Naismith you wouldn’t be bringing this up 

even if naismith signs wel be lucky if hes fit for half the season ffs

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, Section Q said:

What about a standard discount for FoH contributors. Like many on here I pledged from the beginning and have no plan to stop.

Would that not have tax implications? I don't want any returns other than a better team on the park. 

9 minutes ago, Masonic said:

even if naismith signs wel be lucky if hes fit for half the season ffs

That may be true, but the clubs isn’t a shambles from top to bottom that just nonsense 

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Would that not have tax implications? I don't want any returns other than a better team on the park. 

Yes it does. Quite steep ones as well. 

been here before
15 minutes ago, Masonic said:

14 minutes ago, campbell said:

Too right its a fxxkin shambles. Imagine the club not being able to ensure it didnt rain on a Wednesday night in January.

Rotten to the core so it is.

Perhaps we could start a petition to ensure the club guarantee decent weather for premium ticket buyers no matter the time of year.

I wonder if we could offer a discount for multiple ticket sales for Category B games so someone buying say buying more than 4 tickets @ full price gets say a £5 discount per ticket?

Saint Jambo
39 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Reduce the prices down by £5 and the extra crowd you'll get will cancel out the reduction. 

This simply isn't true.

For the last Hearts vs Rangers game there was a crowd of 18,212. If you knock £5 off the price per person the club loses £91,060. If we assume that our capacity is 20,000 (I believe it is actually a bit less than that), we could sell a maximum of 1,788 extra tickets. To make up the lost revenue, we'd have to be selling those tickets for an average of £51. Your pricing strategy would lose the club tens of thousands of pounds per category A game.

Strangely you haven't managed to come up with a pricing strategy, that attracts more fans and leads to higher revenue, than the professionals the club employ to decide these things. Hearts are hardly unique in pricing low income families out of football.

As for the suggestion by someone else of giving discounts to people that contribute to FOH, that is just bizarre. FOH subscriptions are an option additional financial donation to the club (or currently to buying the club, but mainly to the club). If you feel your overall financial contribution to the club is too high then it is the FOH subscription that it would make sense to reduce. It will leave you in the same place financially as if they gave you a donation, whilst not massively reducing the club income by giving an unwanted discount across 8,000 fans.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

Bought Z upper for Ross County today, 29 sheets!  Least the u13 ticket was only a fiver but by gawd that's steep.  Not sure how much walking up I'll be doing, more likely walking down for the lower level seats at 21.

To charge 29 quid in one of the stands that are behind the goals for games against Hamilton, Ross County etc. is ridiculous tbh. 🙁

Football in Scotland is overpriced, Hearts have to charge these prices for walk ups otherwise they'd need to reduce season ticket prices.  I have to say though, paying over £20 for a non category A game just seems wrong.  

Even away games, when you pay at the gate and it's over £20 I just feel like I'm being ripped off.  I'm sure Dundee was the worst at almost £30.

The prices are way too high but people are paying them so the club won’t see any need to change them. 

The best thing they could do imo is not to bring the prices down but just offer more bronze or silver sections. It feels like the entire stadium is almost just gold/platinum.  There’s no need for us to have 4 different pricing tiers in a small stadium imo. 

Pricing is the reason I’ve had to knock going every week on the head, just can’t justify the price of a season ticket.  You tell yourself you’ll pick and choose games but then you look at individual prices and  end up giving it a swerve. 

52 minutes ago, Section Q said:

That defeats the purpose .

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

You can still compare it as a customer would you pay more for a worse product in any other walk of life? 

Correct. 

That’s why season tickets are the Best Buy. Just buy the cheapest st then either use it or upgrade it for the games you go to. Except for  most cat A games there’s always enough empty seats in every stand for you to move to after 10/15 mins. That way club gets guaranteed income and you get best deal if cost is an issue. 

33 minutes ago, Morph said:

The prices are way too high but people are paying them so the club won’t see any need to change them. 

The best thing they could do imo is not to bring the prices down but just offer more bronze or silver sections. It feels like the entire stadium is almost just gold/platinum.  There’s no need for us to have 4 different pricing tiers in a small stadium imo. 

Pricing is the reason I’ve had to knock going every week on the head, just can’t justify the price of a season ticket.  You tell yourself you’ll pick and choose games but then you look at individual prices and  end up giving it a swerve. 

Platinum st is £26 per game. Close to best seats. Good deal. 

Murrayfield yesterday was £62!!! 

Edinburgh Castle is £20 

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

If the club reduce walk up prices then they would have to reduce season ticket prices as it would be more cost effective to pick and choose games than to renew. As has been said it's our main source of income and while it's a major expense I pay in the hope that the club continues to first exist for future generations and then hopefully improve.

So do I! But charging over the odds prices for what's currently on offer, is going to drive fans away. 

13,000 season ticket sales and 8,000 FOH contributors is amazing. However the more the fans feel taken for granted, the more chance there is of those numbers dwindling. 

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

How much discount should you get for your £10 per month contribution? 

39 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

To charge 29 quid in one of the stands that are behind the goals for games against Hamilton, Ross County etc. is ridiculous tbh. 🙁

Nobody is forced to pay it. There are cheaper seats. 

Rocky jamboa
44 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

This simply isn't true.

For the last Hearts vs Rangers game there was a crowd of 18,212. If you knock £5 off the price per person the club loses £91,060. If we assume that our capacity is 20,000 (I believe it is actually a bit less than that), we could sell a maximum of 1,788 extra tickets. To make up the lost revenue, we'd have to be selling those tickets for an average of £51. Your pricing strategy would lose the club tens of thousands of pounds per category A game.

Strangely you haven't managed to come up with a pricing strategy, that attracts more fans and leads to higher revenue, than the professionals the club employ to decide these things. Hearts are hardly unique in pricing low income families out of football.

As for the suggestion by someone else of giving discounts to people that contribute to FOH, that is just bizarre. FOH subscriptions are an option additional financial donation to the club (or currently to buying the club, but mainly to the club). If you feel your overall financial contribution to the club is too high then it is the FOH subscription that it would make sense to reduce. It will leave you in the same place financially as if they gave you a donation, whilst not massively reducing the club income by giving an unwanted discount across 8,000 fans.

That is a simplistic and short term view of things. What about the extra money those fans will spend in the club shop, pie stall, in the fans bar and for kids, getting them hooked for life on Hearts. 

Of that extra 1700, some of them may go back to future games. Also, of the 18k attendance you've stated for the rangers game, 3,500 of those were rangers fans so more reasonable pricing would maybe allow us to sell half of those tickets to our own fans and allow us to reduce both the cheeks allocation, which we would all love to see.

Last season they had 3 game packages at 75 quid which included 1 cat a game and 2 cat b games. Might release something similar once the season starts 

Hectormasson
5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

That is a simplistic and short term view of things. What about the extra money those fans will spend in the club shop, pie stall, in the fans bar and for kids, getting them hooked for life on Hearts. 

Of that extra 1700, some of them may go back to future games. Also, of the 18k attendance you've stated for the rangers game, 3,500 of those were rangers fans so more reasonable pricing would maybe allow us to sell half of those tickets to our own fans and allow us to reduce both the cheeks allocation, which we would all love to see.

Now that would be good.👏👏👏👏🇱🇻🇶🇦

I don't have a season ticket because of work.

I go to as many games as I can but there's no real incentive to shell out £30+

Found myself going to the odd game on my own, previously I'd go with my old man or my mates who are more casual football supporters. But trying to twist an arm or stump up an extra ticket for these prices is getting harder.

I follow my heart but being honest I can't remember the last time it felt good value.

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How much discount should you get for your £10 per month contribution? 

Nothing as I donate for future generations. My post is about possibly selling some of the 2 or 3 thousand empty seats at category B games and increasing revenues for the club.

24 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

So do I! But charging over the odds prices for what's currently on offer, is going to drive fans away. 

13,000 season ticket sales and 8,000 FOH contributors is amazing. However the more the fans feel taken for granted, the more chance there is of those numbers dwindling. 

This is more a walk up thing though, mate.

It could be argued it will affect away supports as many away fans will look at Roseburn Gold prices and think twice. 

Usually get a season ticket, but gonna miss too many matches this season, so I bought single adult ticket for lower Gorgie, for first seven home matches of the season (going to Japan for three months)..£169. Canny wait for first home match! #HHGH

Edited by japanjambo

Robbo-Jambo
49 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nobody is forced to pay it. There are cheaper seats. 

True. That is the second lowest price I quoted. Just my opinion that to get a seat in the Roseburn or Gorgie stands higher up that 29 quid to see the likes of Hamilton is pretty expensive. 

I have got a season ticket but it was just my opinion that walk up tickets are a bit steep. 

Lots of folk can't get a season tickets for varying reasons like work etc. 

Unless we make a decent start cannot see many folk paying that price on a game by game basis. 

Could be wrong but it's all about opinions on a football forum and that just happens to be mine. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

This simply isn't true.

I don't agree with his idea either but the £5 reduction would only apply to the walk ups not the whole crowd if I understand him.

ArcticJambo
7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

True. That is the second lowest price I quoted. Just my opinion that to get a seat in the Roseburn or Gorgie stands higher up that 29 quid to see the likes of Hamilton is pretty expensive. 

I have got a season ticket but it was just my opinion that walk up tickets are a bit steep. 

Lots of folk can't get a season tickets for varying reasons like work etc. 

Unless we make a decent start cannot see many folk paying that price on a game by game basis. 

Could be wrong but it's all about opinions on a football forum and that just happens to be mine. 

My sentiments exactly.  I don't mind lower as long as it's one of the top two rows (as on wet days they just about stay dry) as you can get very close to the action.  But as we get into the season (and if it's not going well) given  CHOICE BETWEEN 29 AND 21 AND MAYBE GETTING WET i THINK FOLKS WILL JUST PIE IT! (darn hit Caps cant be arsed changing it back)

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

My sentiments exactly.  I don't mind lower as long as it's one of the top two rows (as on wet days they just about stay dry) as you can get very close to the action.  But as we get into the season (and if it's not going well) given  CHOICE BETWEEN 29 AND 21 AND MAYBE GETTING WET i THINK FOLKS WILL JUST PIE IT! (darn hit Caps cant be arsed changing it back)

😄 Thought that was you shouting at the high prices 😏

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

😄 Thought that was you shouting at the high prices 😏

HAHA, I don't even know my own good work. :D

2 hours ago, ceefax said:

Platinum £34

Gold £29

Silver £23

Bronze £21

Category A 

Platinum £38

Gold £34

silver £33

Bronze £32

Gold and Bronze prices are what the away teams will have to pay. 

So majority of away fans will be £34 or £29 depending what category.

We must be one of the most expensive away days in the country and walk up prices can’t be far off. 

Dress it up all you want and seek to defend the pricing strategy all you want; football in Scotland is overpriced. As a non-season ticket holder, I pick and choose my games and seek to get the cheapest seats possible. To be quite frank, I wouldn't pay over £25 to watch the dross we are served up. In that regard, I can often have a far enjoyable afternoon watching a good movie at the cinema. 

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Platinum st is £26 per game. Close to best seats. Good deal. 

Murrayfield yesterday was £62!!! 

Edinburgh Castle is £20 

Went with my girl and her gran to deep sea world across the bridge a few weeks ago. Can't remember exact numbers but was about £50 for two adults and an under ten. Was pretty shocked and then I got to the cafe. About 4 quid for a scone. 

Unfortunately, this is a sign of money supply meddling more than anything else. Reckon you need 60k plus wages to build a life here nowadays. No idea how the 20-something k earners manage to keep the illusion of not being totally broke up any more if I'm honest. I've got a mate who earns good-ish money whose only mistake is he lives on his own. Pays 8k pa rent, 1300 quid council tax and another 2.5k on bills. That's almost 12000 just to exist. 

Still disappointing though to see these prices for Tynecastle all that said. It's not just football the average non banker is being priced out of though - It's everything.