Walk up ticket prices

Rocky jamboa

The Comedian

Thirty eight smackers to watch the pish we serve up. 

:cornette:

Laughable.

Edited by The Comedian

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Robbo-Jambo

• leginten

• Rocky jamboa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John mcCartney

It truly beggars belief .I know this is accumilation of a strategy but ffs,look whats going on around us lot
at the moment.Are they taking us for granted or what ....surely they club have to rethink and bring em prices down

It could maybe be a good thing as far as potential expansion in the not too distant future. Space is clearly at a premium if the vast majority of the stadium is gold/platinum. If the current model is still bringing fans in but also leaving fans priced out then perhaps that means our stadium isn't big enough yet and could be expanded further.

Fingers crossed, as shite as it seems for walk ups just now, it could mean further growth and expansion to really get us that space in revenue between ourselves, the dons and hobos. 

I could be reaching tbf but worth considering, especially with the main stand reaching its full completion. 

Rocky jamboa
5 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'd play devil's advocate because I can go on plenty of other threads on this site and find our supporters complaining about not spending enough on players, missing out on players to Aberdeen, and generally not having good enough players. All these things would be made worse if we were bringing less money in through ticket sales. So I'm not massively concerned at Hearts maximising their revenue. Especially when some of the complaints aren't actually about how much it costs to buy the cheapest tickets but that people don't like those seats. You get good views from anywhere in the stadium. If people ate willing to pay more to sit on a padded seat on the halfway line and that means the players we can afford are better, I'm good with that.

It isnt only the padded seats at the half way line that are top whack though. The majority of seats in the main and wheatfield stands are platinum. It is only the first few rows and end sections which aren't.

13 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Thirty eight smackers to watch the pish we serve up. 

:cornette:

Laughable.

Yip, timing not great.  I’d have thought it’d be more justified if we were flying or at least consistently top 3,4.  

Rocky jamboa

Just been trying to work out the cost effectiveness of a season ticket over walk up prices and you do make quite a saving.

Last season, there was 8 category a home games and 11 cat b.

If you went to every game, based on this seasons walk up prices, for platinum seats it would be 8 x £38 (£304) + 11 x £34 (£374) totalling £678, against a season ticket price of £500. 

Gold would be £591 for walk up prices against a season ticket price of £400. 

I would imagine the high walk up prices are to encourage more season ticket sales. 

You would need to miss 6 games a season for a season ticket to be worse off than paying as you go. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Just been trying to work out the cost effectiveness of a season ticket over walk up prices and you do make quite a saving.

If you went to every game, based on this seasons walk up prices, for platinum seats it would be 8 x £38 (£304) + 11 x £34 (£374) totalling £678, against a season ticket price of £500. 

I would imagine the high walk up prices are to encourage more season ticket sales. 

You would need to miss 6 games a season for a season ticket to be worse off than paying as you go. 

Interesting comparison. A clear incentive to get a season ticket if you intend going to most games. The club clearly values getting the money up front to aid their planning. 

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Remember it is actually more if you have to buy your walk tickets online, 1.50 booking fee each ticket for all those who do not live near enough to Edinburgh to get to the office and also do not have a printer to do the print option , is that still an option.  Who has a printer, so 90's😃

davemclaren
1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

Remember it is actually more if you have to buy your walk tickets online, 1.50 booking fee each ticket for all those who do not live near enough to Edinburgh to get to the office and also do not have a printer to do the print option , is that still an option.  Who has a printer, so 90's😃

Having a printer is so 90s? 😳

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Having a printer is so 90s? 😳

Was thinking the same. Surely having a printer at home saves you hassle and money? 

joondalupjambo
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Was thinking the same. Surely having a printer at home saves you hassle and money? 

Ink, ink baby......

been here before
6 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Yip, timing not great.  I’d have thought it’d be more justified if we were flying or at least consistently top 3,4.  

I see what you're saying here but historically Hearts have never been "consistently top 3 or 4".

Edited by been here before

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, been here before said:

I see what you're saying here but historically Hearts have never been "consistently top 3 or 4".

That means we might as well give up then. 

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, been here before said:

We have also never (or certainly for decades) been debt free, had fans contributing in their 1000s and a benefactor contributing millions. Our expectations need to be higher than just the odd top 4 and out of Europe by the end of July.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We have also never (or certainly for decades) been debt free, had fans contributing in their 1000s and a benefactor contributing millions. Our expectations need to be higher than just the odd top 4 and out of Europe by the end of July.

I don’t think we are debt free at the moment. Maybe next year hopefully. 

Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think we are debt free at the moment. Maybe next year hopefully. 

True, but relatively speaking we are in a very strong position and should be more bullish about our targets. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Aye?

wee snapshots in time:-    1986 until 1990,  2,5,2,6,3,5,2.  Average pos. 3.5

1996 until 2000,    4,4,3,6,3.  Average pos:- 4

2003 until 2011,     3,3,5,2,4,8,3,6,3.   Average pos 4.1.  

We shouldn’t be so quick to knock our clubs standard. Maybe the current lot should take note. 

16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye?

We shouldn’t be so quick to knock our clubs standard. Maybe the current lot should take note. 

I must add I know that doesn’t show us year on year finishing top 4 but it shows clutches of seasons where we’ve always recovered quickly after a dip.  

tynietigers

I pay £480 for my son 11, my girl 14 and myself with the total being £480. There are 18/19 games and if I went to the 8 category A games, each game would cost us I think about £55/60 so it is in my best interest to buy the season tickets even if we didn’t go to 5/6 of the matches 😉 it’s a no brainier 👍🏻

Edited by tynietigers

29 quid for upper Roseburn **** me that's poor....good thing is you've got the place to yer self I suppose. My mate goes walk up at Motherwell and says he gets him and his two kids in for about 25 quid family deal. That must be best offer about.

been here before
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye?

"Average position"

:rofl:

hold on lets see... we've finished 5, 6, 6 in the last 3 years so thats an "average position" of 5.6. So whys everyone complaing about us finishing 6th?

All is rosy.

Im not sure why you've started at 86. Im not sure why you've missed out random years: 1990-1996 or 2000-2003 or 2011 till now, but a very quick tally is we've finished outwith the top 4 on 19 times (give or take) since 1986.

No-one is "knocking the clubs standard" incidently, more just pointing out the reality of where we've historically finished.

been here before
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye?

Incidently your first part is wrong.

1985-86 as we all know we finished 2nd. 86-87: 5th, 87-88: 2nd , 88-89: 6th , and 89-90: 3rd. Im not sure where your other two figures come from. 90-91, 91-92 I presume.

Your other "missing years"... just for clarity... or "snapshots in time" if you like...

91-5th, 92- 2nd, 93- 5th, 94- 7th, 95- 6th "Average position" 5th.

2001- 5th, 2002- 5th. "Average position" 5th

2012- 5th, 2013- 10th, 2014- 12th, 2015- 13th, 2016- 3nd, 2017- 5th, 2018- 6th, 2019- 6th.  "Average position" 7.5

Or here's a plan... fitst 8 games or so we were first. The rest of the games we finished 6th giving an "average position" of those two "snapshots in time" of 3.5th. Why arent we in Europe?

Cheated again eh? Corupt SFA.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

"Average position"

hold on lets see... we've finished 5, 6, 6 in the last 3 years so thats an "average position" of 5.6. So whys everyone complaing about us finishing 6th?

All is rosy.

Im not sure why you've started at 86. Im not sure why you've missed out random years: 1990-1996 or 2000-2003 or 2011 till now, but a very quick tally is we've finished outwith the top 4 on 19 times (give or take) since 1986.

No-one is "knocking the clubs standard" incidently, more just pointing out the reality of where we've historically finished.

Can go back to any decade if you want but it can just get silly. Starting years I picked were either the start of a good spell or beginning of a managers era.

You’ll be hard pushed to find another team outside Rangers and Celtic aside from Hearts who could claim to be more of a regular in the top 3,4 over the years.

been here before
48 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Can go back to any decade if you want but it can just get silly. Starting years I picked were either the start of a good spell or beginning of a managers era.

You’ll be hard pushed to find another team outside Rangers and Celtic aside from Hearts who could claim to be more of a regular in the top 3,4 over the years.

Choosing decades would make more sense than randomly cherry picking years where there were "good spells" or totally missing out years that dont suit your argument to try and disprove something that really isnt up for debate.

What is silly is making up phrases like "average position" when we're talking about actual positions that is just utterly farcical and totally irrelevant to the point in hand.

You can make up whatever phrases you like, you can hand pick any run of years you fancy, but the fact of the matter is that traditionally, Hearts teams dont finish in the top 3 or 4 with any great degree of continuity. It would be nice if we did but we dont. Thats not to say we shouldnt try to acheive it however.

40 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

You omitted the poorest years and that skewed the results to give an inaccurate average position. It pretty much negates the argument you're then making unfortunately 

Melbourne Jambo

I'm over for the Accies game and bought tickets - cheapest was 24 quid which roughly translates to $42AUD. 

For a similar game (non-high profile) over here you'd get a walk up ticket for $20AUD (and on average we have higher wages) as it needs to be to attract fans - surely Scottish Football is in a similar position? 

7 hours ago, been here before said:

Choosing decades would make more sense than randomly cherry picking years where there were "good spells" or totally missing out years that dont suit your argument to try and disprove something that really isnt up for debate.

What is silly is making up phrases like "average position" when we're talking about actual positions that is just utterly farcical and totally irrelevant to the point in hand.

You can make up whatever phrases you like, you can hand pick any run of years you fancy, but the fact of the matter is that traditionally, Hearts teams dont finish in the top 3 or 4 with any great degree of continuity. It would be nice if we did but we dont. Thats not to say we shouldnt try to acheive it however.

Fair enough 👍🏻

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:34, Robbo-Jambo said:

Roseburn upper H and J would be decent for you both. 

Think the Gorgie is mostly season tickets and you might get bit better choice in the Roseburn. 

Took my son at that age and it was OK apart from him shouting Henry Henry give us a wave most of the game. 😄. God makes me feel old now. 

Hope he enjoys his first game 👍

Cheers for the response. I got 2 tickets in Section Z of the Gorgie, aisle seats in case he needs the bog a few times and we don't have to annoy folk in the row! Hopefully he enjoys the day out and we win. I can still remember my first Hearts game and how much I loved it and hopefully its the same with him after next week. 

10 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

The point being made was that we have 'historically ' never been a top 3/4 club. Over the years we have been.

In fact I would imagine it's between Hearts and Aberdeen who's 'historically'

been the top club outside the bigot twins with the others including Hibs no where in sight.

Anyway its clear the club is listening to fans concerns with the special offer now available for students.

9 hours ago, stan said:

You omitted the poorest years and that skewed the results to give an inaccurate average position. It pretty much negates the argument you're then making unfortunately 

No it doesn't . If you use the term historically literally, Hearts and Aberdeen are definitely top3/4 teams.

That's why we are always having debates about 3rd force support wise. 

Seems to be a change of focus by the club regarding STs  v walk up prices.

It doesn't seem that long ago since people were saying it wasn't worth getting a ST if you were missing a couple of games.

The examples given above show that is certainly not the case now.

upgotheheads

been here before
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

The point being made was that we have 'historically ' never been a top 3/4 club. Over the years we have been.

In fact I would imagine it's between Hearts and Aberdeen who's 'historically'

been the top club outside the bigot twins with the others including Hibs no where in sight.

Anyway its clear the club is listening to fans concerns with the special offer now available for students.

The point I was making was regarding consistently finishing top 3 or 4 in the league, not historically.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Cheers for the response. I got 2 tickets in Section Z of the Gorgie, aisle seats in case he needs the bog a few times and we don't have to annoy folk in the row! Hopefully he enjoys the day out and we win. I can still remember my first Hearts game and how much I loved it and hopefully its the same with him after next week. 

Great stuff. Good idea with the aisle seats for the toilets!! 

Hope he has a cracking day. 👍

been here before
3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I found that whe I first took my oldest when he was about 4 or 5 that a tablet was my friend- computer type thing as opposed to benzos etc. Some sweeties etc too.

Gave me a bit of peace as well to watch the game when he was on it.