Walk up ticket prices

Rocky jamboa

£38 seems very expensive for games which are normally televised. Many might prefer the pub.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Robbo-Jambo

• leginten

• Rocky jamboa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

letsalldothebeattie

The pricing is very inconsistent as well. Twice last season I had to move for Aberdeen games at Tynie as I was going to other things either before or after the games with other people. The first move the ticket price was £26 to move to upper section S yet second time to move to upper the ticket cost £40 

The Treasurer

Like most people I agree that ticket prices for Scottish football in general are too high (not just at Tynecastle)

I suspect this is to try and encourage more people to buy an ST, which, if you go to all or most home games, becomes much better value for money.

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

£38 seems very expensive for games which are normally televised. Many might prefer the pub.

Or just watch at home. 

How much is HeartsTV? You can ‘fix’ that to be viewed in the UK, right?

Captain Canada

The prices are way too high for the level of entertainment on offer. Fans on low incomes shouldn't be priced out of going to games because of inflated salaries for professional footballers. 

I understand that every club needs to be consistent in its pricing, but it seems a shame there will almost certainly be empty seats at every non Cat A game while people who'd love to go can't afford to.

11 hours ago, ceefax said:

Category B prices which is non Rangers Celtic Hibs and Aberdeen

Platinum £34

Gold £29

Silver £23

Bronze £21

Ridiculous. Are the club actively trying to price out low earners and young people? They are the traditional lifeblood of a football clubs support.

The majority of the stadium is platinum and gold sections, pricing is a big issue at the moment and there are also far too many platinum sections since the main stand was built.

Maybe the prices are so high is to keep out supporters the board may see as "trouble".

9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I've yet to have a shotgun held to my head by a Hearts employee.

Is that the point? 

No one is saying hearts are forcing them to go, but they want to go and watch hearts but either can't or choose not to because of the steep prices.  

Should we as a club not be making the games more accessible rather than the prices increasing to the point where people are put off going?

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Morph said:

Is that the point? 

No one is saying hearts are forcing them to go, but they want to go and watch hearts but either can't or choose not to because of the steep prices.  

Should we as a club not be making the games more accessible rather than the prices increasing to the point where people are put off going?

The club have set these prices as there are people willing to pay them.

Forever Hearts
9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I've yet to have a shotgun held to my head by a Hearts employee.

What a silly thing to say. We should be trying to encourage low earners and youngsters through the door but there is zero chance of that with these ridiculous ticket prices. 

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Of course, John.

I would wager there will be full Roseburn for all the Cat A games this season so fans will cough up. That’s an away day however !

How many sell outs will we have this season ?

Impossible to say but i’ll predict not many.

Pricing will be a big factor in that, esp Cat A games on the box.

18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

As long as you are alright then

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What a silly thing to say. We should be trying to encourage low earners and youngsters through the door but there is zero chance of that with these ridiculous ticket prices. 

Are we not allowed to encourage  medium to high earners too. 

If people can afford they will. Personally I make many sacrifices to attend Hearts games. I'm prepared to do it as watching the game is far more important than having a few pints before and after and that saving goes to help buying the ticket. 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Morph said:

As long as you are alright then

Don't give me that shite. I make sacrifices to attend games. I'm far from a wealthy man. Not poor but far from wealthy. I plan ahead and budget ahead as I'm prepared to do that. I put the work in in advance in order I can get to games with my 11yrs old laddie. If I can do it so can many others.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Don't give me that shite. I make sacrifices to attend games. I'm far from a wealthy man. Not poor but far from wealthy. I plan ahead and budget ahead as I'm prepared to do that. I put the work in in advance in order I can get to games with my 11yrs old laddie. If I can do it so can many others.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's not how this works at all.  You can say what you want but it's clear that as long as you are able to go you don't really give a shite about other fans who aren't as lucky to be in the same position to sacrifice to go to the football.

Nookie Bear

It isn't something unique to Hearts, although it would be nice if we could be the club that bucks the trend and makes football more affordable for all.

Every game should be a sell out.

This has all been thought out of course.

To add to my earlier post, the club don’t need sell outs if they charge the prices they are. 

A reduction in price and higher attendance brings in the same money.

The club has chosen option A.

Fair enough. Don’t agree with it but hey ho.

Forever Hearts
36 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If people can afford they will. Personally I make many sacrifices to attend Hearts games. I'm prepared to do it as watching the game is far more important than having a few pints before and after and that saving goes to help buying the ticket. 

I doubt even they are too enamored about paying well over the odds to watch the likes of Ross County and Hamilton in a crap seat.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

To add to my earlier post, the club don’t need sell outs if they charge the prices they are. 

More people in the stadium means more merchandise, food, drinks etc will be sold. Pricing the ordinary punter out of the game is crazy. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I doubt even they are too enamored about paying well over the odds to watch the likes of Ross County and Hamilton in a crap seat.

High earners can still go if the ticket prices were lower anyway, it's not a high ticket price that makes it appealing for them so not really sure what the point is there :laugh: 

Not going to greet about it too much, if that's the route the club want to go down then fine.  Just a shame after years of going it's got to the point where it's become unaffordable.  I never seen the football as some sort of exclusive thing but the way the pricing is going i think it will be eventually.  Shite but that's the way it is.

Rocky jamboa
42 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It's not that I can't afford to pay these prices, although there will be people that cant. I don't feel £34 is a sensible price to charge for games v Hamilton, st Mirren, ross county etc, especially for the garbage we've had to endure for the past 3 seasons. 

I feel the club's priority these days is attracting corporate clients and selling hospitality, instead of looking out for the bread and butter fan. Yes, I'm sure having 15k fans paying inflated prices makes more money than 20k paying a more sensible amount but I dont think that is the correct way to go about things and in the long term, it will be to the detriment of the club. 

John Findlay
38 minutes ago, Morph said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's not how this works at all.  You can say what you want but it's clear that as long as you are able to go you don't really give a shite about other fans who aren't as lucky to be in the same position to sacrifice to go to the football.

You're talking shite. 

You are talking to a guy who was brought up in Royston/West Pilton. Was a one parent family from the age of 8 way back in 1971. Couldn't afford to pay to get into games back then when it was deemed far cheaper than it is today. So took to jumping the fence at the school end to get in or even crawling under turnstiles at the Wheatfield Road entrance. Being met more than a few times by a pair of PC Plods boots.

I live on West Granton Road today. Less than a stone's throw from Javits chippy.

So when I say I make sacrifices to attend games. I make sacrifices. Whether you want to believe that or not I really don't give a shit.

Don't lecture me on being poor either because believe me I've been there and got the T shirt. Many times over.

20 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

More people in the stadium means more merchandise, food, drinks etc will be sold. Pricing the ordinary punter out of the game is crazy. 

Of course, I agree, but i’m pretty sure they’ve done their sums at the club. The ordinary punter may not spend as much as a corporate client.

Horrible, ghastly, and any other word you care to use about modern football but there it is.

Personally ?

I’ll find my Hearts pleasures where I can !

Be that at Tynecastle or away from home.

When and where at my discretion !

Gentrification and sanitisation of Tynie is nearly complete. Once the spirit of sections N/G is broken then it's over. Wouldn't really blame Budge or Hearts in particular, far bigger picture regarding wider society.

So basically in theory those crying out the clubs not thinking or low earners or youngsters want reduced prices for walk up to make it more beneficial to the attendance but season ticket holders have to buy a ticket which had a price increase aswell.i'm a low earner btw and i can afford a season ticket on finance at £36 a month over 10 months and if i cant make every game so be it as its still cheaper than buying a ticket for cat a games.Plus more pleople in the stadium doesnt guarntee more food,merchandise will be sold as there are thousands buy their food outside tynie so thats a theory nothing more.Simple answer is dont like the price dont pay your not forced to.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Should've just spend a few quid doing up the old main stand in that case.  We should be trying to get more walk ups through the door, family offers (free child with adult) Flyers handed out to tourists at the festival etc so much we could be doing right now.  

Nookie Bear
54 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You're talking shite. 

You are talking to a guy who was brought up in Royston/West Pilton. Was a one parent family from the age of 8 way back in 1971. Couldn't afford to pay to get into games back then when it was deemed far cheaper than it is today. So took to jumping the fence at the school end to get in or even crawling under turnstiles at the Wheatfield Road entrance. Being met more than a few times by a pair of PC Plods boots.

I live on West Granton Road today. Less than a stone's throw from Javits chippy.

So when I say I make sacrifices to attend games. I make sacrifices. Whether you want to believe that or not I really don't give a shit.

Don't lecture me on being poor either because believe me I've been there and got the T shirt. Many times over.

Is getting in for free making a sacrifice? ^_^

All roads lead to Gorgie

The product on the pitch has to vastly improve to justify those prices. The rate of increased season ticket sales has halted and walk ups are now needed more than ever. We need a good season now or those prices will look like a massive own goal. 

I'm going to take my 3 year old boy to his first game at the Ross County game, where's best to go with him, Gorgie stand? I notice they are doing a Kids Day before the game, has anyone been to one of these?

davemclaren

I remember the grumbles when it went up to £1 for the Terracing. 🤷🏽‍♂️

In saying that, Football is more monetised now and the facilities on offer are far superior than they were years ago. Is it overpriced? The crowds we have getting would suggest not. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

You're talking shite. 

Right good for you, i had probably a similar upbringing as you, also from the same area and can't afford to make the sacrifices you can just now.  So your whole ''i can do it so anyone can'' is shite and doesn't actually help people less well off or not in the same position as you get to games.  Should i be scaling the walls to get in for free, is that the suggestion :laugh: 

If hearts want to charge these prices then that's fine but there needs to at least be an acknowledgement that it's pricing people out.  I'm no a charity case and going to beg for allowances because i can't afford it but it's something that the club deserves criticism for imo because it's not going to be just me who is in this position.

Where did i say you don't sacrifice like?  I said the exact opposite ya donut.

Edited by Morph

Rocky jamboa
28 minutes ago, HMFC1978 said:

So basically in theory those crying out the clubs not thinking or low earners or youngsters want reduced prices for walk up to make it more beneficial to the attendance but season ticket holders have to buy a ticket which had a price increase aswell.i'm a low earner btw and i can afford a season ticket on finance at £36 a month over 10 months and if i cant make every game so be it as its still cheaper than buying a ticket for cat a games.Plus more pleople in the stadium doesnt guarntee more food,merchandise will be sold as there are thousands buy their food outside tynie so thats a theory nothing more.Simple answer is dont like the price dont pay your not forced to.

Re your last point, yes, I think most people get that but does it not concern you that these prices will turn fans away, result in lower attendances, affect the famous Tynecastle atmosphere by having 3/4 full stadiums and possibly have a long term impact on attendances as we're not hooking in young fans, who become fans for life? Surely you would like to see Tynecastle packed out every week and would be concerned at seeing dwindling crowds?

FWIW, I think season tickets are too expensive as well and should also be reduced. Not all fans can make every game either, hence why picking and choosing games is the only option. 

We've built up a pretty solid fan base. 13k people renewing season tickets and regularly getting 17k+ home crowds (last season anyway) despite 3 poor seasons on the trot. Why would the club jeopardise that by taking the fans for granted, charging over the odds, resulting in folk walking away?

12 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Dress it up all you want and seek to defend the pricing strategy all you want; football in Scotland is overpriced. As a non-season ticket holder, I pick and choose my games and seek to get the cheapest seats possible. To be quite frank, I wouldn't pay over £25 to watch the dross we are served up. In that regard, I can often have a far enjoyable afternoon watching a good movie at the cinema. 

I'm as good at complaining as any on here but I wouldn't compare sitting at Tynie to an afternoon at the flicks.😁

Forza Cuore

Realistically, we dont attend Tynecastle or away games to get value for money. If you do then you're a mug 😂

Phil Dunphy
14 hours ago, Morph said:

The prices are way too high but people are paying them so the club won’t see any need to change them. 

The best thing they could do imo is not to bring the prices down but just offer more bronze or silver sections. It feels like the entire stadium is almost just gold/platinum.  There’s no need for us to have 4 different pricing tiers in a small stadium imo. 

Pricing is the reason I’ve had to knock going every week on the head, just can’t justify the price of a season ticket.  You tell yourself you’ll pick and choose games but then you look at individual prices and  end up giving it a swerve. 

You probably see more gold/platinum seats available because the majority of the silver seating is taken up by season ticket holders?

I know N will be different to the likes of B or C but it’s always been the same season ticket holders in there. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
16 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Just looked at tickets for our game v Rangers at home and it is £38 for a ticket! 😳 cheapest I could find was £33 for crap seats in the first few rows in the end sections.

Not doing much to encourage walk up fans. That is far too much for a Hearts game in the SPL, especially for how poor we've been the last few seasons. 

I go down to newcastle games now and again and the most I paid last season was £34 for excellent seats for games v man u, arsenal and spurs. A far better standard of football. 

The club needs a bit of a reality check with the prices its charging. 

I don't disagree with your general point, but I'm sick to the back teeth of this phrase. The "standard" of football is not the be all and end all some people seem to believe. We could all just sack it and go and watch Man City every week, but what would be the point in that? 

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Morph said:

Right good for you, i had probably a similar upbringing as you, also from the same area and can't afford to make the sacrifices you can just now.  So your whole ''i can do it so anyone can'' is shite and doesn't actually help people less well off or not in the same position as you get to games.  Should i be scaling the walls to get in for free, is that the suggestion :laugh: 

If hearts want to charge these prices then that's fine but there needs to at least be an acknowledgement that it's pricing people out.  I'm no a charity case and going to beg for allowances because i can't afford it but it's something that the club deserves criticism for imo because it's not going to be just me who is in this position.

Where did i say you don't sacrifice like?  I said the exact opposite ya donut.

what price level prevents anyone being priced out?

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

There must be people who are not willing to pay that though. 

A drop in prices would maybe see them going as well. 

Guy I know looked at the Ross County game to go with his wife. 58 quid for the upper section of Roseburn or Gorgie seems high IMO. 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

£30 to watch Hamilton for starters. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure, I don’t think you can just pluck a number out thin air and say this makes the games accessible for everyone. 

Restructuring the price points would probably be the best way to do it, charge more for platinum to subsidise a price cut at bronze/silver.  I’m not saying I have all the answers or that is the answer, this is purely my experience and opinion on pricing.  

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

It's not that I can't afford to pay these prices, although there will be people that cant. I don't feel £34 is a sensible price to charge for games v Hamilton, st Mirren, ross county etc, especially for the garbage we've had to endure for the past 3 seasons. 

I feel the club's priority these days is attracting corporate clients and selling hospitality, instead of looking out for the bread and butter fan. Yes, I'm sure having 15k fans paying inflated prices makes more money than 20k paying a more sensible amount but I dont think that is the correct way to go about things and in the long term, it will be to the detriment of the club. 

Good Post. Not all can have season tickets because of work etc. 

To go with a mate and get decent seats is nearly 70 quid when we play the likes of Hamilton etc. is not great Tbh. 

8 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Realistically, we dont attend Tynecastle or away games to get value for money. If you do then you're a mug 😂

😁 Yep, that's why all this it costs £££ to go to deep sea world is a pile of pish.

Football clubs are more than that. A core will go to watch Hearts throughout their lives regardless. My first game was in the 60s and my first game this season will be at Aberdeen on Sunday. I expect poor value for money but a good day out watching the club that has been with me for life. The prices Hearts are charging, in my opinion, reduce the likelihood of thousands more doing that in the future. and I'm not convinced that "we", the ones who follow the club through the shite times in particular, show up on any marketing strategy. 

Rocky jamboa
18 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I don't disagree with your general point, but I'm sick to the back teeth of this phrase. The "standard" of football is not the be all and end all some people seem to believe. We could all just sack it and go and watch Man City every week, but what would be the point in that? 

I would prefer to go to a Hearts game than man c, man u etc cos I'm a Hearts fan. However, the price should reflect what's on offer. £34 to go and watch hazard, pogba, sterling, salah etc or £34 to watch players the standard of clare, uche, that thug darrion McKinnon or whatever his name is etc who cant string two passes together? It's like being charged the same to see the rolling stones and busted!

Howdy Doody Jambo

These prices are way too high we're just doing ourselves out of cash and future business 

When clubs get TV money the fans could be given a cheaper ticket price as the club's  get weighed in anyway 

Would like to see how our ticket prices compare to other leagues in Europe 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I'm going to take my 3 year old boy to his first game at the Ross County game, where's best to go with him, Gorgie stand? I notice they are doing a Kids Day before the game, has anyone been to one of these?

Roseburn upper H and J would be decent for you both. 

Think the Gorgie is mostly season tickets and you might get bit better choice in the Roseburn. 

Took my son at that age and it was OK apart from him shouting Henry Henry give us a wave most of the game. 😄. God makes me feel old now. 

Hope he enjoys his first game 👍

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I remember the grumbles when it went up to £1 for the Terracing. 🤷🏽‍♂️

In saying that, Football is more monetised now and the facilities on offer are far superior than they were years ago. Is it overpriced? The crowds we have getting would suggest not. 

From 70p !

That was a 40% rise !

Imagine that now, Dave !