Walk up ticket prices

Rocky jamboa

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, ceefax said:

As another poster mentioned, we actually have 5 tiers if you include the premium section in the Main Stand! 

Either the amount of tiers need restructured or the pricing does. 

Why is the number of tiers an issue? Surley that allows you to vary pricing more with less tiers meaning you end up with a more ‘average’ ticket price. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Robbo-Jambo

• leginten

• Rocky jamboa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phil Dunphy
13 hours ago, EIEIO said:

I've had an ST in section E upper since the Wheatfield was built, it's platinum. Never many spare seats available there mostly in the end sections of Wheatfield which are not platinum so I'd argue the opposite Phil.

I suppose it’s down to what we see at the time. I’d quite like to know the percentage breakdown of season tickets by category if anyone can be arsed with that. 

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why is the number of tiers an issue? Surley that allows you to vary pricing more with less tiers meaning you end up with a more ‘average’ ticket price. 

I don’t think it’s in issue, in my view I think it would be better to only have 2/3 different priced seats throughout the ground, or even have 5 tiers just don’t charge £34 or £38 as a top price. 

As an example Hibs are charging £23 across the whole stadium on Saturday. I don’t think we should have 1 price for all but I bet less of their fans will think about going to the game due to the cost of a ticket. 

Clerry Jambo

People wonder why pubs are rammed when the footy is on at these prices.

However it is what it is and unless Hearts are challenging for something at the top end, there wont be any sell outs!

20 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I suppose it’s down to what we see at the time. I’d quite like to know the percentage breakdown of season tickets by category if anyone can be arsed with that. 

I think you're  in dot counting territory there.

Robbo-Jambo
9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

People wonder why pubs are rammed when the footy is on at these prices.

However it is what it is and unless Hearts are challenging for something at the top end, there wont be any sell outs!

Sad thing is the pubs were more rammed about 4.30 at times last season when folk had seen enough 🙁

19 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe so, but the club is effectively trying to maximise its income. That’s what businesses do. Attendances seem to flex more due to team performance as opposed to price imo. 

We should be so much more than just a business given that 8000+ fans are putting their hands in their pockets every month to show their love for the club. I know football is a rip-off and that generally you pay through the nose for everything in Edinburgh anyway, but somebody above mentioned bucking the trend. These walk-up prices seem very high indeed and it would be good to see the club doing something about this.

Edited by leginten

Clerry Jambo
8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Sad thing is the pubs were more rammed about 4.30 at times last season when folk had seen enough 🙁

Good point well made:biggrin:

davemclaren
2 hours ago, leginten said:

We should be so much more than just a business given that 8000+ fans are putting their hands in their pockets every month to show their love for the club. I know football is a rip-off and that generally you pay through the nose for everything in Edinburgh anyway, but somebody above mentioned bucking the trend. These walk-up prices seem very high indeed and it would be good to see the club doing something about this.

How do they compare to other Scottish top six clubs? 

48 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hibs are charging £23 adult and £14 concession for Saturday's game against St Mirren.

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Hibs are charging £23 adult and £14 concession for Saturday's game against St Mirren.

I assume that's not their standard price otherwise their season ticket fans are being overcharged in comparison.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

I assume that's not their standard price otherwise their season ticket fans are being overcharged in comparison.

Not if you’re 45 and buy a kids season ticket!

Robbo-Jambo
15 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I thought that was their price for Cat B walk up games, presuming now maybe just a one off for the opening game of the SPL :sadrobbo:

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Killie looks like £22 and £17 concessions, excluding OF games.

Aberdeen seems to range from £30 to £22 for adults, with four different concession groups.

Someone has given info on a Hibs fixture above.

Not going to sully myself by looking for OF info.

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, leginten said:

Killie looks like £22 and £17 concessions, excluding OF games.

Aberdeen seems to range from £30 to £22 for adults, with four different concession groups.

Someone has given info on a Hibs fixture above.

Not going to sully myself by looking for OF info.

So the lower prices are similar to ours but our top prices higher?

Just now, davemclaren said:

So the lower prices are similar to ours but our top prices higher?

I guess so. But our lowest prices tend to be for very limited areas. Regardless of what other clubs are charging, I think the point being made is that our prices look high. There were a lot of home matches in the second half of last season where the areas you would associate with a lot of walk-ups - specifically the Roseburn - looked very empty indeed. Form is definitely a major factor, but we don’t want to be discouraging people through pricing that looks as if it is out of proportion with the experience.

ArcticJambo

Why anybody would be arguing against this concern, or even playing Devil's Advocate I'm not getting.  Both Hearts and SPL admission prices are too high, imo.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, leginten said:

I guess so. But our lowest prices tend to be for very limited areas. Regardless of what other clubs are charging, I think the point being made is that our prices look high. There were a lot of home matches in the second half of last season where the areas you would associate with a lot of walk-ups - specifically the Roseburn - looked very empty indeed. Form is definitely a major factor, but we don’t want to be discouraging people through pricing that looks as if it is out of proportion with the experience.

I imagine the Roseburn end being at the lower end of the price scale so It seems that the ‘relative’ price may not be the real issue. 🤷🏼‍♂️

davemclaren
Just now, ArcticJambo said:

Why anybody would be arguing against this concern, or even playing Devil's Advocate I'm not getting.  Both Hearts and SPL admission prices are too high, imo.

Based on attendances?

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine the Roseburn end being at the lower end of the price scale so It seems that the ‘relative’ price may not be the real issue. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Unless you’re in the seven rows at the front, a walk-up ticket in the Roseburn for the Ross County match is going to cost you £29. That’s my idea of steep.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

For now?

Regardless of price attendances tend to fluctuate depending on performances/results. Football pricing is a very subjective issue and I can't remember many times when there has been a consensus that it’s value for money. In saying that, clubs should, in my opinion, have schemes so that the less wealthy can attend but these will inevitably be for seats that the more wealthy don’t particularly want. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, leginten said:

Unless you’re in the seven rows at the front, a walk-up ticket in the Roseburn for the Ross County match is going to cost you £29. That’s my idea of steep.

Cat A or B?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Cat A or B?

Ross County? I’m assuming they haven’t suddenly acquired Category A status.

davemclaren
Just now, leginten said:

Ross County? I’m assuming they haven’t suddenly acquired Category A status.

One day perhaps. 😎 I agree that seems a bit high. Is that silver or Gold?

One day perhaps. 😎 I agree that seems a bit high. Is that silver or Gold?

FFS, Dave. Am I your secretary?!

😡

I don’t know. I just clicked on a variety of seats on Ticketmaster. They all came up at £29 apart from the front seven rows.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, leginten said:

FFS, Dave. Am I your secretary?!

😡

I don’t know. I just clicked on a variety of seats on Ticketmaster. They all came up at £29 apart from the front seven rows.

Like to keep you busy. 😂

I tried to find current prices on the Heats website but could only find last years. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Like to keep you busy. 😂

I tried to find current prices on the Heats website but could only find last years. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You win today’s Certain-Person-in-Hamilton award for most questions asked in the guise of replying to posts.

:drummer:

ArcticJambo
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Regardless of price attendances tend to fluctuate depending on performances/results. Football pricing is a very subjective issue and I can't remember many times when there has been a consensus that it’s value for money. In saying that, clubs should, in my opinion, have schemes so that the less wealthy can attend but these will inevitably be for seats that the more wealthy don’t particularly want. 

Well, anecdotally this thread (bar a very few) by consensus seems to suggest it has now definitely stepped into the realms of being Not value for money, and just for clarification I believe everybody in this respect is looking at the top prices, those that are =>29 for corner sections, especially Cat B games vs the RCs & HAs, etc.  Personally, over the 40 yrs that I've attended Hearts matches, from religiously to occasionally, paying 29 quid to watch Ross County will probably be the first time I have felt that it's just wasn't worth it, all things considered. It's crazy money ! If we beat them 10 nowt however, I may feel differently. :)

Dalstonjambo
On 29/07/2019 at 20:42, Paulp74 said:

Maybe they set reasonable prices so they get bigger crowds, better atmospheres and then make more in sales from other areas, such as the club shop, pie stall, programmes etc? Also, it makes it more attractive to tv companies.

Reduce the prices down by £5 and the extra crowd you'll get will cancel out the reduction. 

Most of them don't have anything like reasonable prices. I could walk to Arsenal's ground, and including travel costs (with efficient planning) it's not much more to go to Hearts. 

Also as others have pointed out, it's nothing to do with caring about fans. It's because they don't need the money. Check out the below article. Has only got worse since then because of tv money. Our biggest income is fan attendance. It's a miniscule percentage for clubs down here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888

1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

Well, anecdotally this thread (bar a very few) by consensus seems to suggest it has now definitely stepped into the realms of being Not value for money, and just for clarification I believe everybody in this respect is looking at the top prices, those that are =>29 for corner sections, especially Cat B games vs the RCs & HAs, etc.  Personally, over the 40 yrs that I've attended Hearts matches, from religiously to occasionally, paying 29 quid to watch Ross County will probably be the first time I have felt that it's just wasn't worth it, all things considered. It's crazy money ! If we beat them 10 nowt however, I may feel differently. :)

I always feel that a ticket which costs more than the amount of beer I would be likely to consume during 105 minutes is definitely pushing the boundaries of acceptability. And I think we’re at that stage.

:booze:

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, leginten said:

You win today’s Certain-Person-in-Hamilton award for most questions asked in the guise of replying to posts.

:drummer:

🧐

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

At Celtic it’s  £30 for St Johnstone fans on Saturday 

Aberdeen charging us £26

Hibs £23 for St Mirren

Killie £22 or £27 for Celtic/Rangers 

Rangers charging Hibs £32 

Hearts been done but will be £29 or £21 for Ross County and Hamilton fans in the coming weeks and £34 or £32 for old firm fans and hibs. 

So looks like from that Hearts will have the most expensive seats for the majority of away fans outwith Celtic v Rangers matches and probably for home supporters too. 

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, leginten said:

I always feel that a ticket which costs more than the amount of beer I would be likely to consume during 105 minutes is definitely pushing the boundaries of acceptability. And I think we’re at that stage.

:booze:

That's some serious bevvying, eight by my count if you're in a proper boozer.  :yas:

davemclaren

That's some serious bevvying, eight by my count if you're in a proper boozer.  :yas:

He drinks in George Street. 🙄

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Like to keep you busy. 😂

I think they've increased by £1 on last years prices. When you factor in a £1.50 booking fee that's over 30 quid for a match v Hamilton, Ross county etc. and they're not even the decent seats in the middle of Wheatfield, Main stand. It's £35.50 for those bad boys. 

ArcticJambo

He drinks in George Street. 🙄

Does Shandwick's count as George Street, we'd be into double figures. :qqb011:

davemclaren

Does Shandwick's count as George Street, we'd be into double figures. :qqb011:

Eh, no. 🤔

2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

:olly:

Be interesting to find out what the walk-up prices will be for category B games this season. My season ticket for the Roseburn was £265 last year and although i'm not bothering with one this season I will be going to a few games as and when I can.

Edited by jambonian

davemclaren

Another way to look at it is, assuming 18/19 home games a season, what is a fair saving that buying a season ticket should deliver over buying each game individually? Is it 5%, 10% or what?

17 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Be interesting to find out what the walk-up prices will be for category B games this season. My season ticket for the Roseburn was £265 last year and although i'm not bothering with one this season I will be going to a few games as and when I can.

Roseburn this season is £21 Lower, £29 Upper.

Anyone miffed at the prices would be daft....nay.....mental to buy an Upper ticket for most, probably all, Cat B games !

👍

33 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Another way to look at it is, assuming 18/19 home games a season, what is a fair saving that buying a season ticket should deliver over buying each game individually? Is it 5%, 10% or what?

I’ve thought about this before. My gut feeling is that you should be able to miss at least two matches per season and not lose out financially if you have an ST. That’s based purely on my personal experience of missing matches because of being on holiday etc. So a bit more than 10%.

Doubtless this could lead to a calculation that walk-ups would therefore need to be as expensive as they are, or even more expensive, in order to reach this balance. But I think our STs are probably too expensive as well.

😐

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, leginten said:

I’ve thought about this before. My gut feeling is that you should be able to miss at least two matches per season and not lose out financially if you have an ST. That’s based purely on my personal experience of missing matches because of being on holiday etc. So a bit more than 10%.

Doubtless this could lead to a calculation that walk-ups would therefore need to be as expensive as they are, or even more expensive, in order to reach this balance. But I think our STs are probably too expensive as well.

😐

😂😂

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, leginten said:

😐

So my platinum ticket was £500 I think. Add 15% makes it £575 and divide by 18 gives £32 per game. I’m sure that proves something. 😄

So my platinum ticket was £500 I think. Add 15% makes it £575 and divide by 18 gives £32 per game. I’m sure that proves something. 😄

That’s what I feared would happen.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Mind you, being a pleb I have no idea what is on offer in platinum. Is champagne involved? Maybe £32 for a platinum walk-up would be a bargain compared to this season’s £29 Cat B Roseburn tickets.

Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

I'd play devil's advocate because I can go on plenty of other threads on this site and find our supporters complaining about not spending enough on players, missing out on players to Aberdeen, and generally not having good enough players. All these things would be made worse if we were bringing less money in through ticket sales. So I'm not massively concerned at Hearts maximising their revenue. Especially when some of the complaints aren't actually about how much it costs to buy the cheapest tickets but that people don't like those seats. You get good views from anywhere in the stadium. If people ate willing to pay more to sit on a padded seat on the halfway line and that means the players we can afford are better, I'm good with that.

north wales jambo

I think walk up prices are to expensive. Obviously by my username I’m from north wales, and with my 2 sons try to get to 6 or 7 home games a season.. this is getting more and more expensive,  my 17yr old is in full time education so only earns a few quid from part time job.. we always buy from club shop, tops etc. Point is that although for me you can’t beat tynecastle, this is making people like myself go to away games instead. Can work out cheaper and more loyalty point scenario. My sons want to see hearts, sometimes though other clubs are going to get our money.