Thanks Lothian Buses

Crete

KevinKyle10
18 hours ago, Nixie said:

Striking and impacting the normal man getting into work is not the answer. Sack anyone who strikes, they are putting lots of people at risk and thinking of no one but themselves.

May risk of what? Excercising?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• Maroon Sailor

• frankblack

• The Gorgie

Maroon Sailor

The good thing about this strike beng put on the the back burner is that customers can continue to bump their gums about arguably the best bus service in the UK

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The good thing about this strike beng put on the the back burner is that customers can continue to bump their gums about arguably the best bus service in the UK

Especially the commie ones😀

5 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think most people are generally happy other than with the odd timetable gripe or lack of service in some areas.

I think the concern I have is that funds are being diverted to cover the trams project rather than reinvested in the bus service.

Hopefully all concerned can actually focus on dealing with the internal issues in a more organised manner as there does appear to have been a disconnect between the Union and its members in terms of the direction given.

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I think most people are generally happy other than with the odd timetable gripe or lack of service in some areas.

I think the concern I have is that funds are being diverted to cover the trams project rather than reinvested in the bus service.

Hopefully all concerned can actually focus on dealing with the internal issues in a more organised manner as there does appear to have been a disconnect between the Union and its members in terms of the direction given.

With regards to the money , again I can only pass on what I’m told , but apparently when Hall was asked about the purchase of the new tri-axle buses , he said that it was a good deal for them at that particular time and spending that money stopped you  lot ( council) grabbing £10m from LB for the tram money at a meeting . 

Not too too sure this disagreement is over yet . 

Shanks said no

New 100 now in operation. No wonder they put the prices up and don’t want peasants using them.

15 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

New 100 now in operation. No wonder they put the prices up and don’t want peasants using them.

Not seeing where they've changed the prices (at least recently)?

What's so special about them?

Wait, are you talking about the 100 airport route, or do you mean the new design of bus? Those have been getting worked in since early this year--had them on the 31 route for the past couple of months.

Edited by Justin Z

Shanks said no
9 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Not seeing where they've changed the prices (at least recently)?

What's so special about them?

Wait, are you talking about the 100 airport route, or do you mean the new design of bus? Those have been getting worked in since early this year--had them on the 31 route for the past couple of months.

If you board a 100 bus from Maybury, Corstorphine, zoo etc going into town it costs you £2.50 instead of £1.70, ridacard still works though

the new buses are similar to those on the 31 route but with low level lighting, high back seats and more space/ less seats even on the top deck

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

If you board a 100 bus from Maybury, Corstorphine, zoo etc going into town it costs you £2.50 instead of £1.70, ridacard still works thoughw

the new buses are similar to those on the 31 route but with low level lighting, high back seats and more space/ less seats even on the top deck

Ohhhhh, okay. I didn't realise they'd upped the fare for part of it, cheers.

Shanks said no
Just now, Justin Z said:

Ohhhhh, okay. I didn't realise they'd upped the fare for part of it, cheers.

Yes, get a tram in from the Gyle / Gateway is £1.70 but get a 100 from Maybury is £2.50

same heading back to the likes of Drumbrae 

7 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If you board a 100 bus from Maybury, Corstorphine, zoo etc going into town it costs you £2.50 instead of £1.70, ridacard still works though

£2.50

You're moaning about £2.50,

Jesus christ. 

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, The Brow said:

£2.50

You're moaning about £2.50,

Jesus christ. 

Where in that post do I moan that it’s £2.50?, merely stating a fact

I do think it’s wrong that the tram is cheaper than the bus

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Where in that post do I moan that it’s £2.50?, merely stating a fact

I do think it’s wrong that the tram is cheaper than the bus

Sorry - it read like a moan. I see its not now. 

Shanks said no
40 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Im sure its to do with speeding up journey time and to stop people using it like a service bus.

Yes, they have dropped the Wester Coates stops

here’s the LRT news item

We’ll be making some changes to stops and fares on the city section of our Airlink service from Sunday 28 July.

The lesser used bus stops at Wester Coates will no longer be served, with the nearest alternative bus stops located at Haymarket Station.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-26-at-08.34.05.png

Single fares between Maybury and the City Centre will also be revised to;

Adult £2.50, Child £1.50 & Young Person Concession £1.65.

A grace period for £1.70 Adult Single m-tickets will apply on this service until 31 August 2019. There are no changes to the validity of any other fares or tickets.

Regular city customers who travel on this corridor are encouraged to used Lothian services 12, 26, 31 or Lothian Country services X17 or X18, all of which accept regular Lothian Buses fares & tickets from Maybury.

The new Airlink buses which we unveiled today, 24 July at our Castle Street launch will go into service early next month.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Im sure its to do with speeding up journey time and to stop people using it like a service bus.

I use it as a service bus as the 31 service is shite at rush hour - frequently delayed and half hour intervals often with two arriving together.

It makes no difference to working people who use it to get to Drumbrae and change to a 12, 26 or 31 where they have a better chance to get on.

34 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I use it as a service bus as the 31 service is shite at rush hour - frequently delayed and half hour intervals often with two arriving together.

It makes no difference to working people who use it to get to Drumbrae and change to a 12, 26 or 31 where they have a better chance to get on.

My mum lives in Burnbrae so its definitely a service bus for when I'm home. 

Glad theyve dropped the wester coates stop. Even faster now! 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

These concession cards are brilliant.

Lothian driver told my partner today they didn't except cash anymore she needed to buy ticket online.

I checked the website doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't live in Edinburgh anymore.

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

Lothian driver told my partner today they didn't except cash anymore she needed to buy ticket online.

I checked the website doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't live in Edinburgh anymore.

That's not right - still accept cash

They've got a route diversion in place to eliminate a road that was shut for roadworks.    The diversion eliminates a bus stop I use.     The road reopened but the diversion stayed on.     Their live bus times app features a message re a diversion on another affected bus number but no trace of the number I use.    A driver on the route thinks it's a three day diversion.     If only they had the gumption to provide info either way on the time tracker or return to the normal route now that the road is now open.      

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

They've got a route diversion in place to eliminate a road that was shut for roadworks.    The diversion eliminates a bus stop I use.     The road reopened but the diversion stayed on.     Their live bus times app features a message re a diversion on another affected bus number but no trace of the number I use.    A driver on the route thinks it's a three day diversion.     If only they had the gumption to provide info either way on the time tracker or return to the normal route now that the road is now open.      

Message them on Twitter and find out why they still have the diversion. It could be they thought the road was reopening on a different date.They are usually quick to apologise for people having to walk anywhere.

Just now, Herbert said:

Message them on Twitter and find out why they still have the diversion. It could be they thought the road was reopening on a different date.They are usually quick to apologise for people having to walk anywhere.

No need.  I'll just make other arrangements and wait until it goes back to normal.     I'm not one to make complaints unless severely provoked.

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No need.  I'll just make other arrangements and wait until it goes back to normal.     I'm not one to make complaints unless severely provoked.

It's no really a compliment just a query.  They have probably just ****ed up and will be quick to fix it if they have. 

Maroon Sailor

Seen people waiting for a 36 just before Broughton Road - but the bus took a left and I could see the passengers stood at the bus stop shouting and waving but the driver just carried on. Only the 36 served that stop

been here before

Is it a shambles though?

37 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Could you use a separate card to make a contactless payment for a child?

If you want but it will be charged at the adult rate.

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Surprised Lothian have only gone as far as individual fares when it comes to contactless as everybody needs a card. Great if you are travellling by yourself though

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Surprised Lothian have only gone as far as individual fares when it comes to contactless as everybody needs a card. Great if you are travellling by yourself though

Its a pain in the arse having to explain it to people, they just look at you like you have insulted their gran.

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

Maybe if LB end of not gifting £20M to the vanity tram they can fund developing the technology for multiple contactless fares on one transaction.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Maybe if LB end of not gifting £20M to the vanity tram they can fund developing the technology for multiple contactless fares on one transaction.

Technology is there, LB just don't want to use it for some reason 

29 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

It was the same when I got the bus from Gatwick last year so not just LB. 

1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

That £20m the CEO of LB said is under threat just a few days ago?

4 hours ago, TheStig said:

Why they didn't just use the same system as the airlink I'll never know.

It's all down to the automatic day ticket feature.

After 3 transactions in a single day, you are automatically given a day ticket, meaning no further charges are made to your account.

At the moment this is what is locking the system into single adult tickets as it cannot keep track of multiple different ticket types.

This is also why it's non transferable and one person per payment card.

28 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's all down to the automatic day ticket feature.

After 3 transactions in a single day, you are automatically given a day ticket, meaning no further charges are made to your account.

At the moment this is what is locking the system into single adult tickets as it cannot keep track of multiple different ticket types.

This is also why it's non transferable and one person per payment card.

I know how it works mate i drive for them, its just a very confusing system for tourist.

Maroon Sailor
20 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I know how it works mate i drive for them, its just a very confusing system for tourist.

It's easy to sort out as well

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Can't cope when festival on you can rip up timetable.

Cars don't help - should close the Bridges to them, Leith Street, George IV and The Mound to them during the festival

Seen one doughball park his car on Princes Street westbound opposite Jenners waiting for his Mrs with her shopping. Nightmare place to stop, few horns got blasted at him, then he turned left up The Mound !

Walter Payton
On 16/08/2019 at 17:04, Maroon Sailor said:

It's easy to sort out as well

How do you sort it out, bearing in mind Cade’s accurate post?

Edited by Bring on the Future

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Bring on the Future said:

How do you sort it out, bearing in mind Cade’s accurate post?

When you get on a skylink you don't pay contactless at £1.70 automatically as you may be going to the Airport so you will have to tell the driver that and he issues the ticket. It still comes off your account just the same

The family contactless is coming with a system upgrade

Walter Payton
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

When you get on a skylink you don't pay contactless at £1.70 automatically as you may be going to the Airport so you will have to tell the driver that and he issues the ticket. It still comes off your account just the same

The family contactless is coming with a system upgrade

I guess that wouldn't allow the automatic update to a day saver though?

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Bring on the Future said:

I guess that wouldn't allow the automatic update to a day saver though?

Don't think the tap tap cap will be affected