Thanks Lothian Buses

Crete

Walter Payton
9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Don't think the tap tap cap will be affected

You could pre-programme a family ticket sale value (or a multiplier for a single ticket if a group of adults got on), but there's no easy way you could know which individual from the first journey on a tap went on to have subsequent journeys (and therefore still apply the cap) as far as I can see it.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• Maroon Sailor

• frankblack

• AlimOzturk

Maroon Sailor
19 minutes ago, Bring on the Future said:

You could pre-programme a family ticket sale value (or a multiplier for a single ticket if a group of adults got on), but there's no easy way you could know which individual from the first journey on a tap went on to have subsequent journeys (and therefore still apply the cap) as far as I can see it.

Just get the ticket printed off and give it to anybody who might require subsequent journeys

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

On the few occasions I get on a bus in Edinburgh, I have noticed the feckin racket they make, probably due to the gantin conditions of the main roads in the city. 

Frankly they are a disgrace.

But the buses are okay.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Actually the new service from West Lothian to Edinburgh via Green Arrow is excellent. 

Into the city in 40 minutes and free..

Prefer the train mind you for 4 sauvs return.

Sounds a decent service.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

My wife used the contactless on a bus yesterday. First time no problem, second time didn't work. Driver suggested it might be something to do with having to put your pin in after twenty uses of contactless no matter where. Is this a standard problem?

Seems a weird glitch that is going to cause inconvenience. This was on the late evening bus and she had no change. Thankfully a generous old woman gave her the change for the bus.

Card issuers set their own conditions on how many times a card can use contactless without the user having to verify with a PIN. All it takes is one transaction where the PIN is entered for this to be reset. 

Its not something Lothian can circumvent without adding chip and pin to buses. 

If your wife is only paying contactless, suggest that once a day she uses chip and pin instead and she shouldn’t have any issues. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

The last thing I need is to encourage her to go to any more shops!

Tell her there’s specific terminals that need to be used, one being the hearts shop. :lol: 

Not 100% sure but checking your account  balance at an ATM might be enough to reset. An inconvenience but more convenient than making sure you have change for a bus. 

Maroon Sailor
On 27/07/2019 at 18:05, Crete said:

I was going with my family to the Lothian buses centenary bus show tomorrow I have now heard that it is postponed I’m absolutely gutted about that, they have now spoiled my Sunday .I think the bosses have taken the huff about the strike next week and cancelled it .☹️

Vintage Running Day (26 service) and Doors Open Day Central Garage Sat 28th Sep from 1200 to 1600.

Centenary Cavalcade Sun 29th at 1200. Wester Coates to Regent Road

Edited by Maroon Sailor

4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Vintage Running Day (26 service) and Doors Open Day Central Garage Sat 28th Sep from 1200 to 1600.

Centenary Cavalcade Sun 29th at 1200. Wester Coates to Regent Road

Thanks for letting me know looking forward to going,I might give the bosses a piece of my mind for cancelling it in July🚍