Ann Budge?

Beast Boy

Ann Budge - overwhelmingly good for Hearts?  

1,111 members have voted

1. 1. Has Ann Budge been overwhelmingly good for our football club?

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Typo in your 8th word there no?

Why would a Hearts supporter write this?

10 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Verminesque post IMO.

Absolutely the above. 

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

Clearly AB and her existing "Board" are grossly incompetent at running the football

product of a football club - that is displayed by the exceptionally naive strategy of

a cosy, over reliance on CL. At any football club this would be unhealthy and does

not equate to a sound, stable business strategy. As AB has utilised this same failed

strategy since the start of her reign, unless she appointed Directors with previous

experience she would be unlikely to improve upon that strategy under her own skill-set

- she just doesn't possess the qualities - nor do the other board members , including

CL, who has never merited such a post at any club. Word is, she simply can't admit to

major mistakes  in this area - another flawed defect of character.  Therefore, if her

skill-set in certain areas produces results then by all means continue in those areas.

However, if AB is unable to operate the football product effectively, or appoint Board

members with sufficient knowledge to achieve same then appoint an outsourced

management team to manage the football product of the football club. Happens

elsewhere & might learn some important factors but could ego's be dropped sufficiently

to say hey! I need a hand with this? This entire spell in Hearts history is down to those

who came up with a flawed , poorly created and shabbily executed football team "PLAN"

being unable to admit they got it wholly & entirely wrong. Said years ago we'd go round

in circles with this approach - and here we are - unfortunately, those circles are ever

spiralling in a downward trajectory - football's a bitch when you get it "WRONG".

3 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Agreed.  The 'queen Ann' stuff is hideous chat.  There is an acceptance of mediocrity at the club right now.

She SINGLEHANDEDLY saved the club tho!!

:vrface:

I know that some might reply to this post with tldr, and some might take the urine, but I have lots of time on my hands and this started as a four line post that grew arms and legs. This is not aimed at the majority who want Levein sacked, including myself, but at the minority whose poisonous and vitriolic ramblings, both on here and other social media, are way beyond the pale. They know who they are.

Back to the future.

In 2014 Heart of Midlothian were liquidated, much to the heart-break of their fans. There had been a lady who was going to step in and save the club, but she had had a premonition and decided to pull out of financing the CVA.

In her premonition she had been transported to 2019 and saw that a new stand had been built, a Hearts museum, a Garden of Remembrance, and a new club shop and supporters bar had opened as well. She also saw that turnover had increased year on year and that large sums had been received from benefactors.

On the playing side she noticed that we had been promoted at the first time of asking, finishing miles ahead of Hibs and Rangers, and that the next year we had finished third and qualified for Europe. After that the results began to fall away, until in 2019, after a horrendous run of results, we were bottom of the league. She had backed her manager all the way with funds, which enabled us to have possibly our best squad since administration. She had been much too loyal to the manager, but thought, mistakenly, that she had lots of goodwill in the bank. She was horrified when she saw all the abuse she was getting, but the final straw was when she saw the graffiti some moron had scribbled wanting her hanged.

She was now back in 2014, and wondering if it was all going to be worthwhile.

She had the option of stumping up for a CVA, or to continue sailing round the world on her yacht. After her premonition she chose the latter and sailed off into the sunset.

Now that’s how close Hearts came to surviving, and if only some Hearts fans had remembered that, though we sometimes go doon we can aye come back up, we might still have a club to support.

5 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

I don't think some fans care about success on the pitch anymore, it's all about massaging the ego of Budge and Levein at all costs. 'Oh I love you very much queen Ann'. Turns my stomach.

Success wil come in time.**** sake we were just about gone.I ain't daft though it won't come under Levein and probably not while Budge is still here but she has built the foundations for success in the future 

15 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

she has built the foundations for success in the future 

This is the bit that too many do not properly appreciate.

48 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I know that some might reply to this post with tldr, and some might take the urine, but I have lots of time on my hands and this started as a four line post that grew arms and legs. This is not aimed at the majority who want Levein sacked, including myself, but at the minority whose poisonous and vitriolic ramblings, both on here and other social media, are way beyond the pale. They know who they are.

Back to the future.

In 2014 Heart of Midlothian were liquidated, much to the heart-break of their fans. There had been a lady who was going to step in and save the club, but she had had a premonition and decided to pull out of financing the CVA.

In her premonition she had been transported to 2019 and saw that a new stand had been built, a Hearts museum, a Garden of Remembrance, and a new club shop and supporters bar had opened as well. She also saw that turnover had increased year on year and that large sums had been received from benefactors.

On the playing side she noticed that we had been promoted at the first time of asking, finishing miles ahead of Hibs and Rangers, and that the next year we had finished third and qualified for Europe. After that the results began to fall away, until in 2019, after a horrendous run of results, we were bottom of the league. She had backed her manager all the way with funds, which enabled us to have possibly our best squad since administration. She had been much too loyal to the manager, but thought, mistakenly, that she had lots of goodwill in the bank. She was horrified when she saw all the abuse she was getting, but the final straw was when she saw the graffiti some moron had scribbled wanting her hanged.

She was now back in 2014, and wondering if it was all going to be worthwhile.

She had the option of stumping up for a CVA, or to continue sailing round the world on her yacht. After her premonition she chose the latter and sailed off into the sunset.

Now that’s how close Hearts came to surviving, and if only some Hearts fans had remembered that, though we sometimes go doon we can aye come back up, we might still have a club to support.

Stopped reading at the “liquidated” bit. Hope the rest is more accurate.

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Wasn’t just me then 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Wasn’t just me then 

You realise it's a back to the future type post, of what COULD have happened, not what did happen?

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You realise it's a back to the future type post, of what COULD have happened, not what did happen?

Given Budge's involvement started well before 2014, it is a nice piece of fiction.

14 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I do yes , but like the word genuine used recently it was too close to reality .

Im a bit touchy the day , just ignore me 👍🏻

17 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Admittedly I didn't, as I'd switched to skim mode as soon as you suggested tl;dr! 

Forever Hearts
57 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Success wil come in time.**** sake we were just about gone.I ain't daft though it won't come under Levein and probably not while Budge is still here but she has built the foundations for success in the future 

HOUSE!

Just re-read Dr Budge’s Statement today. 

She talks quite a lot about “the plan”. Sticking to The Plan; not throwing The Plan out of the window etc. 

Does anyone actually know what The Plan is? Have we ever had a detailed statement laying out the objectives of the plan with projected timescales?

Maybe I have just missed it. But it feels like the plan every year is minimum top 4 finish, then downgrade that to top 6 come February when it becomes clear we won’t make top 4.

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The plan I believe is bringing through young players like always

We are failing!

Never has there been a bigger waste of time, money and effort than our academy. 

Budge and Levein need to learn that just because you play youngsters doesn't mean they are good.

We even had to employ a ‘loans manager’ to monitor the constant stream of piss going out to lower league diddies in the hope they will 'come good'.

Edited by i8hibsh

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The plan I believe is bringing through young players like always

But we aren’t doing that? We haven’t turned any youngsters in First Team regulars over the past 5 years. 

And if that was our objective to bring through young players why are we loaning out the likes of Cochrane and McDonald to make way for the likes of Whelan and Damour?

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Given Budge's involvement started well before 2014, it is a nice piece of fiction.

It was never meant to be anything else. A bit light-hearted fun, perhaps.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I do yes , but like the word genuine used recently it was too close to reality .

Im a bit touchy the day , just ignore me 👍🏻

I think we're all a bit touchy, but a win on Sunday might calm the nerves for a couple of days. :thumbs_up: 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Admittedly I didn't, as I'd switched to skim mode as soon as you suggested tl;dr! 

Fair do's. Maybe I shouldn't have included tl;dr. haha

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

God I hope so!! 

I have a good feeling about Sunday, though I also had a good feeling about last Saturday.........until I saw the team on the way to the game. Deflated me quicker than a burst balloon.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

We are failing!

Never has there been a bigger waste of time, money and effort than our academy. 

Budge and Levein need to learn that just because you play youngsters doesn't mean they are good.

We even had to employ a ‘loans manager’ to monitor the constant stream of piss going out to lower league diddies in the hope they will 'come good'.

I've read some guff on here but this post is right up there. The academy is an important part of our long-term future. We will produce many players from this and most will fall by the wayside, either because they aren't good enough or aren't committed enough. However, there will be a small number of gems who will step up to the first team, entertain us and bring in a sizeable fee when they are sold on. We are not likely to see the full fruits of this either for another 5 years.

Loans are an important part of a players development - very few will step into the first team aged 18, keep ther consistency and become superstars. That doesn't mean the rest are lost to us. A loan move gives them the chance of competitive football which will improve them and help them to when they step on the pitch back in maroon.

Do you think that the young players who have been given the opportunity are no good? Hickey? Cochrane? Morrison? Irving? Yes, they need to be managed correctly, rested at the right time, allowed to make mistakes, but they are certainly not a waste of time money and effort.

3 minutes ago, BervieJambo said:

I've read some guff on here but this post is right up there. The academy is an important part of our long-term future. We will produce many players from this and most will fall by the wayside, either because they aren't good enough or aren't committed enough. However, there will be a small number of gems who will step up to the first team, entertain us and bring in a sizeable fee when they are sold on. We are not likely to see the full fruits of this either for another 5 years.

Loans are an important part of a players development - very few will step into the first team aged 18, keep ther consistency and become superstars. That doesn't mean the rest are lost to us. A loan move gives them the chance of competitive football which will improve them and help them to when they step on the pitch back in maroon.

Do you think that the young players who have been given the opportunity are no good? Hickey? Cochrane? Morrison? Irving? Yes, they need to be managed correctly, rested at the right time, allowed to make mistakes, but they are certainly not a waste of time money and effort.

5 years in and not one decent sale. Development fees do not count.  It is currently costing us more than it brings in. As yet not one player has went on to a bigger club than Hearts.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

5 years in and not one decent sale. Development fees do not count.  It is currently costing us more than it brings in. As yet not one player has went on to a bigger club than Hearts.

It's a long term project - look again in 5 years time... and yes we can wait that long. Player development starts at a very early age. Those starting the academy journey at 11/12/13 five years ago are not going to be commanding fees yet - I'm quite certain some of them will.

4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

That's because they're as thick as well Pig Shit. 

I got rounded on for suggesting the similarities with Fergus McCann at Celtic.

To me there are. She will leave us in a very good place. The only difference is McCann sacked managers that were doing much better than CL.

I’ll refrain from calling people names though. Everyone has opinions.

21 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Mate, unfortunately that is not the case. It’s not just the graffiti, that is the latest incident. Problem is, there are now fans who you would have expected to have a bit more common sense and maturity beginning to be dragged down with them. It’s a gradual thing, but it’s happening.

Just read the response @leginten received from Ann elsewhere. I didn't know she'd received such horrible stuff, Mothy.

Thankfully, they're a cowardly, low life minority. 

It's certainly put the "genuine" comment into perspective.

Ftr, I haven't slated Ann. I've criticized Craig, many times, but have always kept it civil. Both toward Levein and anyone I've exchanged posts with. 

20 minutes ago, martoon said:

Just read the response @leginten received from Ann elsewhere. I didn't know she'd received such horrible stuff, Mothy.

Ftr, I haven't slated Ann. I've criticized Craig, many times, but have always kept it civil. Both toward Levein and anyone I've exchanged posts with. 

It’s makes the statement clearer for sure.

Agree with your last bit 100%.

Posters calling others daft names while defending AB and CL is irony in the extreme.

23 minutes ago, martoon said:

Absolutely mate. I know. I’m of the opinion that it’s extremely unlikely Craig can turn this around now too. Certainly didn’t mean to infer in any way that you had been anything other than civil. 👍

hearts @ heart

Definitely.

Shame about comments this week. But she has done very well on the buiness front and I hope she has learned to be more diplomatic and respectful of her paying customers. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, hearts @ heart said:

Definitely.

Shame about comments this week. But she has done very well on the buiness front and I hope she has learned to be more diplomatic and respectful of her paying customers. 

Respect works both ways.

4 hours ago, leginten said:

Indeed

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Absolutely mate. I know. I’m of the opinion that it’s extremely unlikely Craig can turn this around now too. Certainly didn’t mean to infer in any way that you had been anything other than civil. 👍

Never thought you had, bud. 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
15 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Why would a Hearts supporter write this?

Absolutely the above. 

Romanov did buy or attempt to buy success. Or are you saying it was his genius decisions as an owner that brought us success. We won two cups and got 2nd despite Romanov who at times seemed to try to scupper thing every time it looked like we were going on a good run. Any credit he can take is purely down to the money he initially provided.

Budge on the other hand made some very good decisions that has brought the club to a very good place all things considered.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Romanov did buy or attempt to buy success. Or are you saying it was his genius decisions as an owner that brought us success. We won two cups and got 2nd despite Romanov who at times seemed to try to scupper thing every time it looked like we were going on a good run. Any credit he can take is purely down to the money he initially provided.

Budge on the other hand made some very good decisions that has brought the club to a very good place all things considered.

😂

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

😂

Put it this way I'm pretty sure Ann Budge wouldn't sack the manager while top of the league and unbeaten, and then just stop playing players several years later.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Put it this way I'm pretty sure Ann Budge wouldn't sack the manager while top of the league and unbeaten, and then just stop playing players several years later.

She wouldn't, but I wish to God she would sack the current clueless incumbent (about 8 months ago, preferably).

• 4 months later...

Interestingly, this thread shows up as one of the top results for Ann Budge on google. I reckon we it’d be pretty close to 100% if did this poll again.

3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Interestingly, this thread shows up as one of the top results for Ann Budge on google. I reckon we it’d be pretty close to 100% if did this poll again.

It’s a question, which if you answer honestly, can only have one answer. The work she done to save the club is undoubtedly more important than anything positive or negative since. 

She has made big mistakes along the way and the question now should be about whether Ann should continue or not and not a question aiming at a positive response like this one. 

Course she has. Mistakes made along the way, some pretty big ones that could have crippled us had the FoH not been in place and still as supportive as ever.

Stuck with Levein far too long of course, but over all we will look back and see she steered us straight out the championship, with a backroom team in place that broke all records. And we are secured at Tynecastle for the forseeable with a luxury stand in place.