Ann Budge?

Beast Boy

Ann Budge - overwhelmingly good for Hearts?  

1,111 members have voted

1. 1. Has Ann Budge been overwhelmingly good for our football club?

3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Interestingly, this thread shows up as one of the top results for Ann Budge on google. I reckon we it’d be pretty close to 100% if did this poll again.

You could always create a new poll, AK.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

Just now, redjambo said:

You could always create a new poll, AK.

Why? A poll with a question designed to get the response the OP was looking for is pretty pointless. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Why? A poll with a question designed to get the response the OP was looking for is pretty pointless. 

You would have to trust AK, or whomever, to word the poll correctly. Are you saying that the title for this current thread/poll was weighted and, if so, how would you have worded it?

Quite a bit of water has flowed under the bridge since this poll was created. AK mentioned that he reckons that it would be pretty close to 100% if we did this poll again. I pointed out that creating a new poll (and thus showing with his assertion is correct or not) is a possibility.

She has made mistakes, mostly down to her loyalty and her willingness to compromise on the short terms goals to see if it leads to the longer term objectives being delivered, she forgot that the primary purpose of the football club was to win matches, with the "other" objectives being very low priority in comparison. She has admitted she got that wrong, fair play to her.

Even with all of that she is still one of the best things to happen to our football club since its inception.  

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You would have to trust AK, or whomever, to word the poll correctly. Are you saying that the title for this current thread/poll was weighted and, if so, how would you have worded it?

Quite a bit of water has flowed under the bridge since this poll was created. AK mentioned that he reckons that it would be pretty close to 100% if we did this poll again. I pointed out that creating a new poll (and thus showing with his assertion is correct or not) is a possibility.

I just think it asked the wrong question then and asks the wrong question now. Everybody knows the positive impact AB has had on the club and most reasonable thinking people would agree that outweighs the CL mess. 

The question is should she continue. All just my opinion but a poll that gets close to 100% either for or against is pointless. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I just think it asked the wrong question then and asks the wrong question now. Everybody knows the positive impact AB has had on the club and most reasonable thinking people would agree that outweighs the CL mess. 

The question is should she continue. All just my opinion but a poll that gets close to 100% either for or against is pointless. 

An interesting point, GR! I wouldn't consider it pointless, but the amount of information such a poll imparts is certainly pretty low.

I actually think that Ann would poll lower now. In the depths of the final months of CL's reign she had a fair number of vehemently vocal detractors, and some folk will have stuck with that opinion, even now.

I should point out for the sake of clarity that I am a big fan of Ann's.

Just now, redjambo said:

An interesting point, GR! I wouldn't consider it pointless, but the amount of information such a poll imparts is certainly pretty low.

I actually think that Ann would poll lower now. In the depths of the final months of CL's reign she had a fair number of vehemently vocal detractors, and some folk will have stuck with that opinion, even now.

I should point out for the sake of clarity that I am a big fan of Ann's.

You know it might be lower but given the more upbeat mood at the moment I reckon she’d poll 90-95 easy. As I said I think the important thing is should she carry on? Obviously if she wants to.

On balance I want her to continue but after the CL mess if there was another viable option I might not.