Ann Budge?

Beast Boy

Ann Budge - overwhelmingly good for Hearts?  

1,111 members have voted

1. 1. Has Ann Budge been overwhelmingly good for our football club?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

17 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Is that the same 'her' and Levein who had us sitting clear at the top of the league last year at this time?  They were everything wonderful then!   Have Craig Levein's tactics changed since then?  Just asking.

What does that matter its in the past. 

We are bottom of the league and the manager has the worst record of any manager in our history now. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Death threats are the lowest of the low.

Maybe she was right about her ‘genuine fans’ comment.

Some utter cocks amongst our support.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Common sense at last. 

Those with a modicum of decency and sense are fully appreciative of Ann’s efforts at Hearts. 

I think the off the field issues wouldn’t have 1/10 of the negativity towards them if the levein saga hasn’t happened.

For example, the whole concert of the pitch thing would be chalked down to a mistake and nothing more. However, during the levein saga it has been put down to “she cares more about money than football” or whatever it was. 

19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And that is relevant in what way? We are now bottom of the league and haven't won a game since March. Can you see that? 

I acknowledge your point, but for me the relevance is that fundamentally Mrs Budge and Mr Levein have not changed from when we were table-toppers and scoring goals.  Their outlook and plans have surely not changed from when we were topping the league.  They, as both you and I want success for our club. 

Perhaps the players need to take a look at themselves.  I was never, apart from  my school team a footballer, but it is basically a simple game.  Get the ball into the opposition 12 yard box or closer and put it into the net.  From what I witness, they are getting into the opposition box but failing to score regularly enough.  Individual defensive errors have cost us goals.  Hardly the fault of Budge or Levein.  Because of their positions, they are simply being made the scapegoats for poor team performances.  Performances not helped by long term injuries to key players.

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I acknowledge your point, but for me the relevance is that fundamentally Mrs Budge and Mr Levein have not changed from when we were table-toppers and scoring goals.  Their outlook and plans have surely not changed from when we were topping the league.  They, as both you and I want success for our club. 

Perhaps the players need to take a look at themselves.  I was never, apart from  my school team a footballer, but it is basically a simple game.  Get the ball into the opposition 12 yard box or closer and put it into the net.  From what I witness, they are getting into the opposition box but failing to score regularly enough.  Individual defensive errors have cost us goals.  Hardly the fault of Budge or Levein.  Because of their positions, they are simply being made the scapegoats for poor team performances.  Performances not helped by long term injuries to key players.

God help us. I genuinely thought last weeks latest shambles would have opened the eyes of the most ardent Levein lover but I was wrong. We are utter shite and have been for almost a year and we are going nowhere with Levein in charge. Wake up, man. 

Oh well, since the merge the thread has been lost in the very mess it was supposed to provide a little balance towards. 🙄

In generations to come Ann Budge will be looked upon as Hearts legend. 

She's played a massive part in bringing our club back from the edge of extinction, put the club in a position to be able to build a new stand and then went ahead and built it, put in a state of the art pitch befitting our completed stadium, has attracted millions in donations from wealthy benefactors and has transformed the way the business side of the club is run. 

Sure she's made mistakes but she was always going to given her inexperience in the football world. 

Levein will be gone soon enough and what's going on now will be quickly forgotten. 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

God help us. I genuinely thought last weeks latest shambles would have opened the eyes of the most ardent Levein lover but I was wrong. We are utter shite and have been for almost a year and we are going nowhere with Levein in charge. Wake up, man. 

You say 'we.'  Who  do you mean?

Forever Hearts

Nobody is disputing what she's achieved off the field (the new stand shambles and head teacher lectures apart) but this blind faith she has in Levein will be her undoing. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

You say 'we.'  Who  do you mean?

Hearts. I mean Hearts are utter crap and Hearts are going nowhere under Levein. Is that clearer for you? 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Hearts. I mean Hearts are utter crap and Hearts are going nowhere under Levein. Is that clearer for you? 

If by Hearts you mean the team, will a new manager make any difference?

11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh well, since the merge the thread has been lost in the very mess it was supposed to provide a little balance towards. 🙄

They stole your thunder a bit there, mate !

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Are you serious? 

if you are saying the team is gash, (is that what you are saying?) how will a new manager help?  You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and all that.  If you are saying his management style is gash, I ask, has it changed since last season?  Which is where I came in.

7 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Yes, yes it will. 

On 23/07/2019 at 15:24, SuperstarSteve said:

Plenty of fans I know want her gone. Not all but plenty.  As far as they are concerned they saved the club with their money and budge is ruining it. 

I deal with these people similar to how I deal with rangers fans claiming same club status.... I walk away. You can’t fix stupid. 

This.

6 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

No of course it won’t, I mean there’s absolutely to proof from 100 years of football that changing a manger improves a teams performance. I’m surprised any manager ever gets sacked.

You are at it!

I have to admit being a little confused by the merge of the threads.

I was insure if I had voted in the old thread so for no real reason voted no and then it appears I have not voted previously.

Anyway with it being a binary question I would have voted yes originally.

She has obviously to date done much more good than bad but if you start to treat you customers poorly they are more than likely going to turn on you. Football is different to being a customer  of goods, be it clothes, food, cars etc. If the company you use to purchase those begins to treat you with disrespect you can pretty much go elsewhere to make your purchase. There will pretty much be an acceptable alternative out there for you. 

Football however is, to coin the phrase, "a completely different ball game". Your customers are not going to start supporting Hibs or any other team and you may just lose them never to get them back. This is not a good way of running a football club.   

5 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

if you are saying the team is gash, (is that what you are saying?) how will a new manager help?  You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and all that.  If you are saying his management style is gash, I ask, has it changed since last season?  Which is where I came in.

That is over a short period of time,our good spell last season. 

His record in the year 2019 is shocking hence the worst stats in our history have been produced. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

They are not gash, they are poorly managed, as you well know. 

And if if they were gash, then who signed them...?

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

The players are playing to his instructions and following his mindboggling tactics. A new, better manager will come in with better instructions and tactics and hopefully get that squad playing to its full potential. Understand? 

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Ann Budge single handedly saved the club. Nobody else could, or would, do it.

Some small minded people, they call themselves "real" fans mistakenly think that they saved it. Oh dear!

The players are playing to his instructions and following his mindboggling tactics. A new, better manager will come in with better instructions and tactics and hopefully get that squad playing to its full potential. Understand? 

Seems straightforward enough to me and I suspect a massive percentage of our support. 

The use of Real/genuine Hearts fan's put me in meltdown along with many Hearts related issues recently. What is going on someone is going to have to explain it to me. I've decided to allow my son to use my seat I'm going to Easter road I've no expectations as I've no clue what our style is. Tynecastle makes the mind numb. Pisses me off as I feel its changed since I was last in it all them years ago the atmosphere is weird the away games are where the Jambo's in the stands come to life. I told my Mother to let Ann know my predicament I've been told its my choice . I voted Yes

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I hope you are correct.  I don't wish to appear dumb, but it's a simple game.  Get the ball up to the oppositions end and put it in the net.  We are not putting it into the net more than the other team.  

35 minutes ago, Boab said:

They stole your thunder a bit there, mate !

It was a totally bizarre merge. Makes no sense whatsoever when you look at other threads on the Terrace. 🙃

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It was a totally bizarre merge. Makes no sense whatsoever when you look at other threads on the Terrace. 🙃

Agreed. Especially as they merged it with a vote thread on which I don't seem to be able to vote.

Just now, redjambo said:

Agreed. Especially as they merged it with a vote thread on which I don't seem to be able to vote.

Makes zero sense. 😄

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Reckon? She’s grown the club beyond recognition from the shell she bought.

Agreed she has done well. All CEO’s have a limited life span at a company and I think it’s time for a change. We need someone  who has fresh ideas and can build on the foundations created.

Whilst turnover growth has been fantastic and the image of the club has improved, a few things have gone wrong..

The project management of the  replacement main stand has been poor.  We are heavily over budget and have no idea when it will be finished.

The hosting of the festival concert just before the start of the season and the damaged caused to the pitch was a bit of a howler and set the wrong tone right at the start of the season.

Edited by McCrae

John mcCartney
7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The hosting of the festival concert just before the start of the season and the damaged caused to the pitch was a bit of a howler and set the wrong tone right at the start of the season.

indefensible that one.......taking us for ****ing mugs

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Agreed she has done well. All CEO’s have a limited life span at a company and I think it’s time for a change. We need someone  who has fresh ideas and can build on the foundations created.

Whilst turnover growth has been fantastic and the image of the club has improved, a few things have gone wrong..

The project management of the  replacement main stand has been poor.  We are heavily over budget and have no idea when it will be finished.

We won a watch when we got Ann Budge. First owner in my lifetime who understands the vital importance of sustainable growth. She has delivered on the growth of the club where her predecessors could not. The stand had hitches and glitches but bloomin’ heck... it is complete and coining in money now. Her predecessors came up with what? “Not fit for purpose” and a “£51m stand and hotel” that would have signalled our demise had it gone ahead. The pitch being used in the festival meant the grass was discoloured for one game. 

You just know exactly the sort of people who will be waddling up to the trough when there is a chance at a position of power at HMFC in the future. The same breed of gammon as we historically always attracted when there was a hint of power. **** that. 

Its not even as though the growth growth of the club has stalled. We are growing season on season. Not interested in throwing that away for the ruddy-faced old piggies to take over.

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You didn't actually say that the people you were referring to were just bigots and chavs though. 

I would slate them as well but I think your comment seemed to generalise everyone that had a different view were chavs. 

Apologies though if I misread what you meant or said in your post. 

I also didn't say anyone who disagrees but understand the way people interpret things online can vary. 

I'm fully in the Leveins time is up camp. I'm also fully in the Budge has made mistakes camp, she admits that. She's trusted Levein with the football department, it's not working for the first team that's obvious. Doesn't mean I'll be spray painting things etc it's a chavvy thing to do to someone who has a different view! 

The fact is there's a number of neds upset because she's told them off for unacceptable behaviour. Even when we were top of the league similar stuff was going on. 

The club itself is being run well, the first team isn't. 

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Oh of course rich people never break the law. 

:gok: 

They're a bit more subtle than West Edinburgh jakies about it tbh. 

avhudtheteeshirt
46 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I also hope he brings in a witch doctor to heal all the injuries, and either a new training team or big bales of cotton wool!!!!

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Wonder how people would defend her by saying no. We are going to ****ing go down under her and Levein. 

Why can't people cope with a couple bad seasons anymore? I'm amazed Hearts survived as a club all those barren years before we finally won the Scottish Cup under JJ.

What happens if we have another couple of 5th place finishes under the next owner? Are we now advocating changing owner every few years?

It's ridiculous. We have an underperforming manager who has just received the dreaded vote of confidence. Watch this space. Either we'll get better or Levein will go.

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

We won a watch when we got Ann Budge. First owner in my lifetime who understands the vital importance of sustainable growth. She has delivered on the growth of the club where her predecessors could not. The stand had hitches and glitches but bloomin’ heck... it is complete and coining in money now. Her predecessors came up with what? “Not fit for purpose” and a “£51m stand and hotel” that would have signalled our demise had it gone ahead. The pitch being used in the festival meant the grass was discoloured for one game. 

You just know exactly the sort of people who will be waddling up to the trough when there is a chance at a position of power at HMFC in the future. The same breed of gammon as we historically always attracted when there was a hint of power. **** that. 

Its not even as though the growth growth of the club has stalled. We are growing season on season. Not interested in throwing that away for the ruddy-faced old piggies to take over.

She also needs to be judged by what success we have had on the park.

Just now, McCrae said:

She also needs to be judged by what success we have had on the park.

To a degree, yes. Even her determination to stick with her plan doesn’t come close to negating the positives though.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

To a degree, yes. Even her determination to stick with her plan doesn’t come close to negating the positives though.

We are a football club first and foremost. And we are bottom of the league and on the worst run in the club's history. Try and grasp that. 

7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I also didn't say anyone who disagrees but understand the way people interpret things online can vary. 

I'm fully in the Leveins time is up camp. I'm also fully in the Budge has made mistakes camp, she admits that. She's trusted Levein with the football department, it's not working for the first team that's obvious. Doesn't mean I'll be spray painting things etc it's a chavvy thing to do to someone who has a different view! 

The fact is there's a number of neds upset because she's told them off for unacceptable behaviour. Even when we were top of the league similar stuff was going on. 

The club itself is being run well, the first team isn't. 

Not going to disagree with any of that tbh. 

My views are very similar and once the football side of things are sorted harmony will be restored hopefully, because at the end of the day all true fans of the club want the same thing. 

A successful team on the pitch and to be rid of the unsavoury little ******* that attach themselves to our club. 👍

We are a football club first and foremost. And we are bottom of the league and on the worst run in the club's history. Try and grasp that. 

All that can change very quickly and you don’t **** up the massive amounts good stuff, because you are dicked off about something. Try and grasp that.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

No one has accused Ann of being a bad owner. She's bloody brilliant in nearly every department. Unfortunately she is soft as shite and has allowed Levein to squander millions and have us being utterly garbage on the pitch for most of the last 2.5 years. 

Posters have to realise results are all that ultimately matters to Hearts fans. We don't all jack off to spreadsheets. She's put herself in this position by keeping Levein. 

On balance, she has definitely been good for us. I don’t believe she has been overwhelmingly good, though. Heading for a fourth season on the trot of first team mediocrity. That partially offsets the key role she played in saving the club etc. to an increasingly significant degree.