Ann Budge?

Beast Boy

Ann Budge - overwhelmingly good for Hearts?  

1,111 members have voted

1. 1. Has Ann Budge been overwhelmingly good for our football club?

I read a lot of comments online, but generally not on here, slating our owner. Wanted to gauge opinion on here. Feel free to offer yours. 👍

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

Aha, wondered if there was supposed to be a poll!

Anyway, she gets my vote, in case I am busy later :) 

Inch Hearts

Where on earth does she get slated?  She’s done wonders for the club but not sure if there’s a need for yet another kiss arse thread though.  

Just now, JohnB said:

Exactly what do you expect to achieve with this?

It’s all in the OP. I want to gauge the opinion of JKB on our owner. 

Has done an amazing job. Club wouldn’t be where it is without her. I just hope her legacy isn’t tarnished due to her stubbornness with Levein. My opinion. People know how I feel towards him. I’m not up for debating the opinion as I already know who’ll be frothing about it. 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Where on earth does she get slated?  She’s done wonders for the club but not sure if there’s a need for yet another kiss arse thread though.  

On other online platforms regularly. A few times on here too.

What is your issue with me wanting to gauge opinion of Kickbackers? I’ve been on here for more than a decade now, and I’m interested. Thanks for the concern though. 👍

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Aha, wondered if there was supposed to be a poll!

Anyway, she gets my vote, in case I am busy later :) 

👍

Leveins Battalion

Haha of course she has but there is a time for everybody to move on in life and hers is approaching.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Not an official poll.

No St Johnstone option.

That was intentional. I hate St Johnstone. 😎

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Haha of course she has but there is a time for everybody to move on in life and hers is approaching.

Sounds a bit sinister that mate. 😬

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

On other online platforms regularly. A few times on here too.

What is your issue with me wanting to gauge opinion of Kickbackers? I’ve been on here for more than a decade now, and I’m interested. Thanks for the concern though. 👍

Theres been thousands of threads of how much Budge has done for the club and how well ran it is now.  How would that have suddenly changed? 

fabienleclerq
4 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Has done an amazing job. Club wouldn’t be where it is without her. I just hope her legacy isn’t tarnished due to her stubbornness with Levein. My opinion. People know how I feel towards him. I’m not up for debating the opinion as I already know who’ll be frothing about it. 

Is the answer to the last sentence yourself? 

7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

There's a certain window cleaner that 8's Hibs not too keen on her.

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Theres been thousands of threads of how much Budge has done for the club and how well ran it is now.  How would that have suddenly changed? 

JKB apparently does not represent the support; “arseholes” who want Tynecastle to be a “library”, and who don’t “attend games”. Other online groups have hundreds of posts slating her every single day. Even on here, there are some who do.

I want to gauge the JKB opinion, just like we did with Levein recently. 

👍

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

JKB apparently does not represent the support; “arseholes” who want Tynecastle to be a “library”, and who don’t “attend games”. Other online groups have hundreds of posts slating her every single day. Even on here, there are some who do.

I want to gauge the JKB opinion, just like we did with Levein recently. 

👍

Do a poll there then !

Just for balance !

😁

12 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Exactly what do you expect to achieve with this?

I suppose he’s expecting a discussion. Weird thing to have on a discussion board. 

Just now, Boab said:

Do a poll there then !

Just for balance !

😁

Who says I haven’t? 😏

Besides, that won’t help me gauge the opinion of JKB will it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

No brainer moffy, she's who I would want at the head of the club along with CL.

if the question " Quis custodiet ipsos custodies'" was asked of our club? I would respond, I'm not worried coz Ann & Craig I trust.👍

Just now, jamboozy said:

if the question " Quis custodiet ipsos custodies'" was asked of our club? I would respond, I'm not worried coz Ann & Craig I trust.👍

I adore every single tiny part of this post.

SuperstarSteve

Plenty of fans I know want her gone. Not all but plenty.  As far as they are concerned they saved the club with their money and budge is ruining it. 

I deal with these people similar to how I deal with rangers fans claiming same club status.... I walk away. You can’t fix stupid. 

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

I adore every single tiny part of this post.

👍just the truth.

Who_put_the_ball_in...

In years to come we will look back on Ann’s reign as a real turning point in our history. I have no doubt the club will be in a strong position financially and able to sustain itself. 

Bridge of Djoum
17 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Deal lord man. Is your head in the sand? I’ve seen numerous posts, comments and opinions slating her, both here and online elsewhere. Some of it pretty vile. 

When you consider the calibre of arsehole who gets made Prime Minister these days, we are very fortunate to have a sane, sensible and forward looking leader at our club.

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Deal lord man. Is your head in the sand? I’ve seen numerous posts, comments and opinions slating her, both here and online elsewhere. Some of it pretty vile. 

Indeed. I was a little surprised to see people taking umbrage about it. Don’t see anything wrong with my thread and poll, personally. I feel it’s relevant, and I’m interested in gauging the results. 🤷🏻‍♂️  

3 minutes ago, S Form said:

When you consider the calibre of arsehole who gets made Prime Minister these days, we are very fortunate to have a sane, sensible and forward looking leader at our club.

Whoever sounded her out deserves a medal imo. 👍

FarmerTweedy
24 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I read a lot of comments online, but generally not on here, slating our owner. Wanted to gauge opinion on here. Feel free to offer yours. 👍

I know there's talk from time to time about how some people from the club's past deserve a statue (most often jokingly said about Vlad!), but IMO, if there's one person that absolutely deserves one, it's Ann Budge.

FarmerTweedy
15 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

There's a certain window licker that 8's Hibs not too keen on her.

FTFY!

She is sensible, smart and has looked after our club amazingly. 

All after shelling out her own money to save the club from death....(yes as fans we helped but the club would have still went under)

''she spent 100k on cameras...budge ooot''

'she does not want any atmosphere...budge oot''

''she does not want us to sing billy boys...budge oot''

if you fall in to any of these views then in my honest opinion you are a twat

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I know there's talk from time to time about how some people from the club's past deserve a statue (most often jokingly said about Vlad!), but IMO, if there's one person that absolutely deserves one, it's Ann Budge.

I’d do the players first personally. I’d be inclined to name the stadium after her though.

14 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

😍😍

9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Some involving police following it up aswell I believe 😶

FarmerTweedy
14 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

I would respond ¿Qué?

Toxteth O'Grady

Shes been decent for the new stand but poor for the football since the Championship season.

She pins too much faith on her comfort blanket CL and she comes over too hard on her own customers while turning a blind eye to opposition fans.

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’d do the players first personally. I’d be inclined to name the stadium after her though.

Emmmmmm....What?????

Bunny Munro

With Ann:

Romped the championship

Consistent top 6 finish finished since we came back up.

1 Cup final

New stand.

With no Ann:

Club folded.

Edinburgh City gets some new fans. 

There is certainly some things that could have gone better, especially on the park over the last 2/3 years, but she's certainly been good for us.