Expectations for the upcoming season?

Haringshairband

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

In even the neutrals mind they align Hearts with top 3.  Historically the 3rd best league record and average.  15 times in the top 4 since 84 but most times when the dip came, we were still sniffing on the outside of the top 4. 

Other teams come and go, have a pop at top 3 and 4 but are never seen again for 7 or 8 years, maybe even a decade. (Depends who it is).  

As well as good facilities and management, I’d like to see a real passion to drive the team to better standards, use our history as a tool to get in players minds what we are about. 

I long for the day top 3 is almost second nature as top 2 is for Rangers and Celtic. We set a new standard for ourselves, get in Europe more and hopefully along the way , winning more trophies is a product of the new found standards embedded in the club. It’s a long way off but why have what we have if we don’t have aims and a proper passion for the team to be better?    

I don’t disagree!

Perhaps now we are as best placed as ever to do this?

Which inevitably leads us to the manager as so much rests there. I believe Levein thinks what you have said! Whether he can deliver is debatable, although the idea of his original role as DoF would still work for me.

As much as players needing to have the mentality and “get” the club, so does any it entail future manager. 

In in other words, no more Tommy McLean types thank you!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mr Elwood P

• Bull's-eye

• Bazzas right boot

DuncansDoughnuts
57 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who's that then?

James, Doige and Jackson...mind you their new keeper looks a bit suspect 

56 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we're getting there and are growing in a sustainable way. And without Neilson leaving when he did and the injuries last season, our on field results would have been considerably different, too.

I agree with you regarding the impact of injuries on our results and that our first 11 when fully fit was very competitive. It did however highlight a weakness in the depth of our squad.  I don’t think this has been resolved and if anything we are weaker.

4 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

No words....

:rofl:

Surely you must have a couple ? You think Levein has done a good job since he returned to Hearts ?

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, DuncansDoughnuts said:

James, Doige and Jackson...mind you their new keeper looks a bit suspect 

Hmm, I'll take Washington, Halkett and Walker over them thanks.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I agree with you regarding the impact of injuries on our results and that our first 11 when fully fit was very competitive. It did however highlight a weakness in the depth of our squad.  I don’t think this has been resolved and if anything we are weaker.

I keep asking this of anyone who criticises our strength in depth but never get a reply. Who do Aberdeen and Hibs have as their back-up players? Hibs aren't even entering the reserve league this year and Heckingbottom has talked of running a tight group (mind you I think smaller squads are the way to go, if they all stay fit...). Any injuries like we had will hit them much harder.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Heckinbottom is signing players from markets he knows very well. 

James was quite highly thought of with Championship clubs sniffing round him about 12 months ago. Having seen Doidge play, he has the ability to do well up here, so there’s 2 that I would say are decent in recruitment. McNulty has been told he can find another club so I suspect they may very well sniff round there as well.

Maybe you should watch lower league football in England. It’s amazing how many players you see then think, they’d do a job for us.

I suspect, depending on Killie, that we are more than likely going to be fighting them for 4th/5th.

All looks very Colin Calderwood so far. I'm good not watching League 1 and 2 thanks! They do obviously have lots of players and almost all on much higher wages. The odd games at that level I've seen, and at Championship level, have been mostly terrible. Mind you I get bored watching most EPL games.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Of all the players to pick on you choose cochrane and irving? Some if our “fans” really don’t deserve any success.

I’m no “picking” on anyone. I’m saying our man management on our young players hasn’t been the greatest. Morrison got worse as the season went on. Harry went missing after having his best game in a Hesrts Jersey. Irving was brought in way too early. I would never have let Mcdonald go. I can name more. He threw Harry on in the last few games last season and he’s clearly lost his spark. People’s who’s expectations are low next season are based on one thing/man. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Hercules said:

I’m no “picking” on anyone. I’m saying our man management on our young players hasn’t been the greatest. Morrison got worse as the season went on. Harry went missing after having his best game in a Hesrts Jersey. Irving was brought in way too early. I would never have let Mcdonald go. I can name more. He threw Harry on in the last few games last season and he’s clearly lost his spark. People’s who’s expectations are low next season are based on one thing/man. 

You obviously don't know Cochrane was injured most of last season, Morrison too.

Bull's-eye
8 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Surely you must have a couple ? You think Levein has done a good job since he returned to Hearts ?

No I don't.

I know he's done an absolutely fantastic job going to quite extraordinary lengths to build our club from the dust upwards. 

I hope he's still in charge for years to cone.

11 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

No I don't.

I know he's done an absolutely fantastic job going to quite extraordinary lengths to build our club from the dust upwards. 

Another ostrich. 

Naisysback
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You obviously don't know Cochrane was injured most of last season, Morrison too.

Think you need to check that again. Harry was fine from October onwards, was playing reserve team football and Morrison was fine up until around March time. This myth that Harry was injured all season is exactly that a myth. He was in most matchday squads but used very sparingly, probably because of the good start the team made. In terms of losing his spark, it s difficult to come into games and be up to speed, especially SPL match speed but there is no doubt he has struggled to make the same impact, could be a number of reasons, match fitness, not being  unknown entity so opposition players made life harder for him, having different players around him....or a mix of all 3 and more.

Maybe a decent loan for Harry, get him playing every week away from the high expectation...suppose time will tell

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Your wrong but I’m not going to argue with you. 

Just now, Naisysback said:

Think you need to check that again. Harry was fine from October onwards, was playing reserve team football and Morrison was fine up until around March time. This myth that Harry was injured all season is exactly that a myth. He was in most matchday squads but used very sparingly, probably because of the good start the team made. In terms of losing his spark, it s difficult to come into games and be up to speed, especially SPL match speed but there is no doubt he has struggled to make the same impact, could be a number of reasons, match fitness, not being  unknown entity so opposition players made life harder for him, having different players around him....or a mix of all 3 and more.

Maybe a decent loan for Harry, get him playing every week away from the high expectation...suppose time will tell

Agree 100%. He’s a football player. Clever. A player who needs to play every week. When he played the last few games last season, men were running past him when he had a five yard start. He’s a boy who plays on confidence. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
11 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Another ostrich. 

He wanted to keep Cathro after we got knocked out the league cup. Pay no attention to him.

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

He wanted to keep Cathro after we got knocked out the league cup. Pay no attention to him.

I don't have any type of presence within the club to want anything. 

Just pay my dues and enjoy watching the team.

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I don't have any type of presence within the club to want anything. 

Just pay my dues and enjoy watching the team.

You’re one of these new age supporters. Like celebrity supporters. We should be pissed off when we get beaten and delighted when we win. The good old days. People like you just want to be part of something. A collective. In the office, Monday Morning. How was your weekend Dodger. At the footy with the “lads”. Awesome. Think we got beat but awesome. Lads. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

You’re one of these new age supporters. Like celebrity supporters. We should be pissed off when we get beaten and delighted when we win. The good old days. People like you just want to be part of something. A collective. In the office, Monday Morning. How was your weekend Dodger. At the footy with the “lads”. Awesome. Think we got beat but awesome. Lads. 

:illogical:

Haringshairband
5 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Ffs :rofl:

rick witter
21 minutes ago, Hercules said:

That’s exactly it. 

Was some game really enjoyed it. 

We didn’t score or have any shots at goal but what a great day out it was!! 

Bull's-eye
21 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Frank-Spencer-358906.thumb.jpg.5ca1a55b048ca280a2ab3a9bfbba77c8.jpg

A Herculean drivel driven compendium of Shite.

But to call me an office worker, disgusted tbh.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Hercules said:

He wasn’t injured or he was and you did know, but are ignoring it?

Mr Elwood P
36 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Who isn’t pissed off when we lose?   I’ve seen us booed at KO, HT and FT over the last 24 months. Nobody is happy with the league form. Some folk have perspective, objectivity and common sense hard wired into their brains. This allows them to take into account mitigating factors such as injuries. It also allows us to comprehend that we compete in three competitions each season and last season performed admirably in 2/3! Others froth about in their own pish at the first hint of adversity. Takes all sorts to support the Hearts.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Hercules said:

You’re also wrong ...

6 hours ago, Hercules said:

Herein lies one of the problems with some. Hibs should never be a gauge for us. Levein is obsessed by them. They’re irrelevant to us at the minute. We should be concentrating on our first team. Our squad isn’t anywhere near strong enough just now. Since Levein and Budge sacked Gary Locke, Levein has been involved in every single player we have recruited/sold. His record is appalling. Our midfield has been weak for ages. Cochrane had a great 70 mins at Dens park and wasn’t seen again for months. Irving was nowhere near good enough when he was brought in on his first season. Been missing all of last season. Not their fault. They’re only boys. We need to strengthen in the middle of the park or we will be steamrolled there. I can’t see that happening because of his track record in the market. If we finish 5th, he’ll be delighted as it’ll be progress. His favourite word at the minute.  

I never replied to this post at the time, because you took what I said completely out of context, and went on a rant that ignored my opinions from my first post earlier, in reply to Boris and Busby. McRae brought up Hibs by mentioning that our current situation reminds him of when Farmer was building the infrastructure up at Hibs, at the expense of first team investment. I replied to him that I wasn’t worried about that, and saw it differently.

You somehow managed to turn that in to Levein being obsessed with Hibs, and some totally bizarre reference to Gary Locke.

I’m actually more pissed off at myself for even bothering to respond to your obtuse straw man rant, tbh. 🙄

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Naisysback said:

Cochrane had 5 different injuries last season wasn't it? Morrison was carrying a knee injury latterly but we won more games while he was playing. Strange to pick on him.

Guest ToqueJambo
32 minutes ago, rick witter said:

That’s exactly it. 

Was some game really enjoyed it. 

We didn’t score or have any shots at goal but what a great day out it was!! 

What's your favourite ever Hearts game?

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

No I don't.

That's a very from thought

HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie
On 07/07/2019 at 15:46, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Third in the league is realistic. 

The cups, we'll see how things develop, but not going out to a side less than top six is fair. 

Realistic how? We have finished 6th the last 2 seasons and our current set-up is eye bleeding football. 

Oh but we got to the scottish cup final!!! 

Easiest cup run in years.

unless the management changes then we will be stuck in the rut.

2 hours ago, Boris said:

I don’t disagree!

Perhaps now we are as best placed as ever to do this?

Which inevitably leads us to the manager as so much rests there. I believe Levein thinks what you have said! Whether he can deliver is debatable, although the idea of his original role as DoF would still work for me.

As much as players needing to have the mentality and “get” the club, so does any it entail future manager. 

In in other words, no more Tommy McLean types thank you!

👍🏻

Bull's-eye
4 minutes ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

Realistic how? We have finished 6th the last 2 seasons and our current set-up is eye bleeding football. 

You should seek medical help asap for the eye bleeding. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

It's changing at the end of the season at the latest. Good luck with those eyes. Stay safe.

I keep asking this of anyone who criticises our strength in depth but never get a reply. Who do Aberdeen and Hibs have as their back-up players? Hibs aren't even entering the reserve league this year and Heckingbottom has talked of running a tight group (mind you I think smaller squads are the way to go, if they all stay fit...). Any injuries like we had will hit them much harder.

Thats a hard question to answer as I don’t really know  much about the fringe players at H1b5 or Aberdeen.  I suppose the question to ask is why do we have so many injuries compared to other teams ?  It seems to have been a problem for a few years now. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Thats a hard question to answer as I don’t really know  much about the fringe players at H1b5 or Aberdeen.  I suppose the question to ask is why do we have so many injuries compared to other teams ?  It seems to have been a problem for a few years now. 

Exactly. The only real upside of our injuries is our backup players have significant first team experience now. For starters if Hibs two main strikers get injured, all they have as backup is Shaw. They have no like for like backups for Mallan and Allan. Same with Aberdeen. If Bryson and Ferguson are injured they have no players anywhere near the same standard in the centre of midfield.

Anyone who wants can compare squads here:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/first-team/playing-squad

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/team

https://www.afc.co.uk/teams/1st-team/

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

In even the neutrals mind they align Hearts with top 3.  Historically the 3rd best league record and average.  15 times in the top 4 since 84 but most times when the dip came, we were still sniffing on the outside of the top 4. 

Other teams come and go, have a pop at top 3 and 4 but are never seen again for 7 or 8 years, maybe even a decade. (Depends who it is).  

As well as good facilities and management, I’d like to see a real passion to drive the team to better standards, use our history as a tool to get in players minds what we are about. 

I long for the day top 3 is almost second nature as top 2 is for Rangers and Celtic. We set a new standard for ourselves, get in Europe more and hopefully along the way , winning more trophies is a product of the new found standards embedded in the club. It’s a long way off but why have what we have if we don’t have aims and a proper passion for the team to be better?    

No-one knows this better or did a better job of achieving it than our current manager.

Gorillajam
10 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The thing is with this, that is what we are trying to build. It cannot be done quickly though. We have doubled our turnover since Budge took over, and the academy kids of the new era are starting to trickle in to the first team. 

We invest a lot of money in infrastructure and the academy. This is money that could have gone on boom and bust seasons for the first team, and I get that some people want that. It comes without any guarantee of a boom though.

What we are doing, from what I can glean at least, is building the club itself up, so that we can start to outcompete the other nine clubs year on year without the busts that inevitably follow any  booms. We can only achieve this consistency by producing lots of players who are of a standard that we cannot afford to go out and buy in the inflated market that we find ourselves in. If the bulk of our team is produced from within, then we need only buy a small number of really good players, instead of loads of average ones.

Aberdeen are miles behind ourselves in terms of ticket income, but they receive a huge boost through things like corporate hospitality. That is what we need to catch up on and overtake. Combine that with our academy and some player sales, and we will eventually not only have increased our own clout, but we will start reducing theirs through higher places finishes and Cup-runs/wins. Then there is FoH when we no longer have an owner to buy out and a stand to pay off.

We are tantalisingly close to being in this position just now, and like others I think it will be a different manager who sees the benefit of it. I for one hope Levein is DoF when it ripens, so he can see the fruits of his Labour.

The only way we are going to develop good academy prospects is by playing them in competitive matches. There is no other way around that. That means sometimes having to leave a space for them, where we all want a new signing who on paper should come straight in and make an impact. That’s what seems to be happening with midfield just now, I think. Although, if Lee does go, then there is a case for bringing someone in to replace him and Djoum, and still leaving enough space for Cochrane, Smith and Irving to grow.

I’ll get shouted down for this (jam tomorrow etc), but that’s how I see it.

As I mentioned on other threads I was fortunate enough to meet with a member of the board in recent weeks. Hibs of course will be one of our main challengers every season and have the same expectations as ourselves however they are no longer our main threat (and haven't been for a number of years). He often speaks of Aberdeen (one of the reasons why I harp on about them) because they are very much our direct competition, more so than Hibs. He had mentioned that he anticipates Aberdeen to eventually catch up on match day attendances once they move into their new stadium. Currently they sell a good few thousands more in replica shirts and also have a much larger social media following than ourselves. As he told me, we will push Aberdeen harder this season but that the board don't expect to finish above them this season or the next. The Scottish Cup money has allowed us to be more competitive. As a result the target is to finish in the top 4 and to reach both cup finals. The prize money from cup competitions can help us bridge the gap between ourselves and them. They are killing us commercially and this has been the case for a number of years. As a club they generate more and its not just down to having success with corporate boxes. Our target is to try and match them but its not going to happen anytime soon. They are also attracting further investors from the USA hence why they are going private. As I was told, it will be hard for us to remain competitive with them as they are one best run clubs in Scotland. I imagine I'll receive flak for this but to pass on what he said: Aberdeen's youth development setup is the envy to both ourselves and Hibs. They have been investing a substantial amounts of money into their there youth program in recent years.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

No I don't.

28 points from 24 games.  Only a Hibs fan would want that shite for years to come.

15 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

As I mentioned on other threads I was fortunate enough to meet with a member of the board in recent weeks. Hibs of course will be one of our main challengers every season and have the same expectations as ourselves however they are no longer our main threat (and haven't been for a number of years). He often speaks of Aberdeen (one of the reasons why I harp on about them) because they are very much our direct competition, more so than Hibs. He had mentioned that he anticipates Aberdeen to eventually catch up on match day attendances once they move into their new stadium. Currently they sell a good few thousands more in replica shirts and also have a much larger social media following than ourselves. As he told me, we will push Aberdeen harder this season but that the board don't expect to finish above them this season or the next. The Scottish Cup money has allowed us to be more competitive. As a result the target is to finish in the top 4 and to reach both cup finals. The prize money from cup competitions can help us bridge the gap between ourselves and them. They are killing us commercially and this has been the case for a number of years. As a club they generate more and its not just down to having success with corporate boxes. Our target is to try and match them but its not going to happen anytime soon. They are also attracting further investors from the USA hence why they are going private. As I was told, it will be hard for us to remain competitive with them as they are one best run clubs in Scotland. I imagine I'll receive flak for this but to pass on what he said: Aberdeen's youth development setup is the envy to both ourselves and Hibs. They have been investing a substantial amounts of money into their there youth program in recent years.

Let’s see if I’m understanding you properly here.

Aberdeen sell far more football strips than us, and have more online supporters on social media, despite selling thousands less tickets and having smaller attendances than us. This means they are going to suddenly start selling out their new (as yet unpaid for) stadium in the back of beyond, making it harder for us to keep pace with them?

Blimey. Not a very optimistic chap is he? 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Inch Hearts
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly. The only real upside of our injuries is our backup players have significant first team experience now. For starters if Hibs two main strikers get injured, all they have as backup is Shaw. They have no like for like backups for Mallan and Allan. Same with Aberdeen. If Bryson and Ferguson are injured they have no players anywhere near the same standard in the centre of midfield.

Anyone who wants can compare squads here:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/first-team/playing-squad

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/team

https://www.afc.co.uk/teams/1st-team/

Squad size mattered jack shit last season when Naismith got injured and went to relegation form.  There was no alternative or no plan other than that. If plan b now is Walker it’s trouble again regardless of signing the Livi captain and Washington. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Interesting if true. Aberdeen definitely benefited from the implosion of us, Rangers, Hibs and to a lesser extent D Utd who all would normally be competing for the best Scottish players (the ones Celtic don't want) with them.

Bit worried a member of our board puts much store in social media stats though! For a start their audience is a whole city, not half a city. And while Hearts might be behind on actual numbers of followers engagement seems higher. That's always been the problem with Aberdeen and will probably remain so - their supporters tend not to actually support the club that well.

The other interesting thing is that if you read Aberdeen's strategy document they released last season it references Hearts as a club to emulate, in terms of attendances, fan involvement and youth development. Apart from Scott McKenna, who have they brought through in recent years? 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Squad size mattered jack shit last season when Naismith got injured and went to relegation form.  There was no alternative or no plan other than that. If plan b now is Walker it’s trouble again regardless of signing the Livi captain and Washington. 

Who mentioned size? As I said, who do our competitors have as back ups if they experience long injuries to key players?

16 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

If this board member doesn’t think we can compete with Aberdeen he should give up his position. Matching them is the very least I expect from our club. In fact, if we’re not outdoing them I’d be very disappointed. 

I’m completely baffled by their apparent runaway commercial success and burgeoning US investment - on what is this based?

If we address the midfield we'll be grand. If we don't we will struggle, particularly if we lose Naismith for any length of time again

CostaJambo

Expect: 5th behind Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen and Hibs

Hope: 3rd or second with an exceptional season/higher finish than Hibs regardless of position

merseyjambo

All looks very Colin Calderwood so far. I'm good not watching League 1 and 2 thanks! They do obviously have lots of players and almost all on much higher wages. The odd games at that level I've seen, and at Championship level, have been mostly terrible. Mind you I get bored watching most EPL games.

Heckinbottom is a far better manager than Calderwood ever was. 

Maybe be if you did actually watch some of the lower tier football you’d actually realise that there are some gems out there be it managers or players. Guys that managed at lower levels like Grant McCann or Nathan Jones that have gone on to get bigger jobs. I’m fairly sure that Michael Flynn will follow suit. These are guys who are managing unfashionable clubs on a shoestring budget and are being picked up by bigger clubs. 

Maybe you should do your research before actually spouting off. Then you’d realise that some of these players have got decent pedigree. Hecklinbottom was used to looking round for players like that when he was at Barnsley and made a pretty good job of it. 

As as for some of the crap you’ve spouted about our squad. Look at what happened when we took Naismith away from the team. We were sh1t. Our points tally without him tells us that. Our squad couldn’t and still can’t cope without him. You can make representations about how much depth there is but there really isn’t. We’ve swapped one striker and one defender for another and brought in Walker. We still have as back up guys like Bozanic or Edwards and they’re not going to have any more of an impact coming in to replace someone like Haring, than someone would at Aberdeen replacing Bryson or Allan at Hibs. Their squad has zero depth, just like ours once you get beyond the first 11. 

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I expect that Craig Levein has more options this season. (with Naismith).  Based on more more numerous attacking players: Hearts Academy players, Mulraney, Clare, Walker etc.

Aberdeen, Rangers, Motherwell, St Johnstone,  Livingston, Hamilton - are sort of unchanged.

Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Mirren, Ross County, Celtic - have changed, so we have to wait and see what they are like. 

Berra hasn't looked the same rock since that injury against Celtic, that is a thing. Left back, that is a thing. Three or four at the back is a thing. Goalkeeper is a thing. 

But I see a squad, that has a decent attacking threat, across the season. I think our defence needs to work, otherwise will be like last season. 

Last season we scored 42 goals/38 games. 

My expectation is we will score more than 42 goals this season. 

Hopefully Halkett (with Dikamona as 3rd backup) and White and/or Hickey can address those things. I'm not as worried about our goalie options as others seem to be. Zlamal is fine for this level until we find someone better. Tin hat on but while Doyle made a couple of clangers, well one massive one, and was rightly dropped he also made some very decent saves. 6 clean sheets in 10 games is still a good record.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

5 wins extra. 

Small margins. 

Many games, too many imo  where on a knife edge, imo our side with less injuries last season would have picked up the 5 wins to get us in about third. 

I expect us to improve more. 5 more wins isn't a big leap or unrealistic imo. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If we address the midfield we'll be grand. If we don't we will struggle, particularly if we lose Naismith for any length of time again

Pretty much. 

Two midfield players (to replace Lee and Djoum) will drastically improve the side. 

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Heckinbottom is a far better manager than Calderwood ever was. 

Maybe be if you did actually watch some of the lower tier football you’d actually realise that there are some gems out there be it managers or players. Guys that managed at lower levels like Grant McCann or Nathan Jones that have gone on to get bigger jobs. I’m fairly sure that Michael Flynn will follow suit. These are guys who are managing unfashionable clubs on a shoestring budget and are being picked up by bigger clubs. 

Maybe you should do your research before actually spouting off. Then you’d realise that some of these players have got decent pedigree. Hecklinbottom was used to looking round for players like that when he was at Barnsley and made a pretty good job of it. 

As as for some of the crap you’ve spouted about our squad. Look at what happened when we took Naismith away from the team. We were sh1t. Our points tally without him tells us that. Our squad couldn’t and still can’t cope without him. You can make representations about how much depth there is but there really isn’t. We’ve swapped one striker and one defender for another and brought in Walker. We still have as back up guys like Bozanic or Edwards and they’re not going to have any more of an impact coming in to replace someone like Haring, than someone would at Aberdeen replacing Bryson or Allan at Hibs. Their squad has zero depth, just like ours once you get beyond the first 11. 

You're really sticking your neck out for Heckingbottom here. We'll see how he does. Excuse me for not watching another country's lower league games though.

As you have so much knowledge of Heckingbottom and Hibs, if you take out say Mallan (probably their most influential player stats wise last season) for almost the whole season, plus Allen, Kamberi and, say McGregor, for large parts of the season, do you think he's signed enough quality for cover, using your knowledge of English lower league football and Heckingbottom himself?

Anyhow I agree we need strengthening in midfield but I also think we're still better off than last season. Some folk just seems o be assuming we'll have the same injuries, but we cannot sign busloads of players to mitigate against that. That's where the youngsters will have to step up like at other clubs.

Edited by ToqueJambo