Expectations for the upcoming season?

Haringshairband

Haringshairband

Not sure if there is a thread on this (if so please feel free to delete).

I am hoping for a top four finish and a cup run, beating teams closer to us in the league after the split. More importantly i want to see improvements in our style of football. I'd also like some of our younger players like Cochrane to show signs of improvement. I think these are achievable goals.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mr Elwood P

• Bull's-eye

• Bazzas right boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie

None. Expectations that seems to be a big part of the psyche that is causing us no end of confusion. 

One game at a time 

Haringshairband
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

None. Expectations that seems to be a big part of the psyche that is causing us no end of confusion. 

One game at a time 

That is a fair point, however I think it's healthy for the team to have a certain pressure to perform on the pitch.

Minimum aims are top six and a decent run in one of the cups (QF at least).

Realistic aims are top 4 and an appearance at Hampden. Hopefully with a European spot earned through any means.

Dreamland is domestic treble and beating hibs 8-0 in every derby.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Haringshairband said:

That is a fair point, however I think it's healthy for the team to have a certain pressure to perform on the pitch.

Pressure to win every game and expect to win every game (of course we won't) that would do me, instead of half hearted stuff 

Captain Sausage

Absolute minimum needs to be top 4 finish. 

Cups are are a bit harder, but being put out by anything other than Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen or Hibs away is a failure. That should, barring two bad luck draws, get us to a quarter final. 

I think Budge will be pushing a lot harder this year. 

Haringshairband
Just now, Jodami said:

Levein's not the manager at the end of the season.

I wondered how long it would take :lol:

Selkirkhmfc1874

I'm positive as always going into the season! Top 4 in league and good cup runs my expectations 

Bazzas right boot

Third in the league is realistic. 

The cups, we'll see how things develop, but not going out to a side less than top six is fair. 

4 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

I wondered how long it would take :lol:

Sorry mate, there was a predictions thread a number of weeks ago and I said exactly the same thing so just being consistent! Listen, I hope I'm wrong and we have a good season but our principal issue last season was coaching and there looks to be little changes or additions in that sphere.

Edited by Jodami

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jodami said:

Sorry mate, there was a predictions thread a number of weeks ago and I said exactly the same thing so just being consistent! Listen I hope I'm wrong and we have a good season but our principal issue last season was coaching and there looks to be little changes or additions in that sphere.

Our principle issue was clearly Injuries. 

No player has said coaching was the issue. Not one. 

Mr Brightside

Would like top 4 finish but think our midfield isn’t good enough for this unless some youngsters are able to step up. Can’t see us being any worse than 6th.

thegreatsd

I think we will do pretty well this season. We are due some luck after last season. We have more quality in the side and got our best players on decent contracts. I reckon we can get a top three finish. Whatever happens i will enjoy sitting beside my dad as usual watching our team. I’m sure we have some great moments ahead this season and I can’t wait. See you all Friday! 

5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

They wouldn't .......obviously............... until the coach is handed his jotters

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yes, because players will clearly come out in public and criticise coaches that they are working with every day. You only need to watch us on a weekly basis to see how bad our transition is. This is something that needs hours and hours of work because it's difficult and often risky. A big feature of the women's world cup has been the ambition of almost every team to play through midfield, lots of goals have come from clever through balls with strikers running off defenders. Our principal threat is set pieces and balls just crossed into the box at no one in particular.

We_are_the_Hearts

More injuries, no style, caution away from home, not knowing our strongest 11, bickering on here between folk who expect more and folk who accept anything.

Cruyff Turn

i expect us to finish in the top 4 and to hopefully compete well in both cups while playing a much better standard of football. 

Stephen Muddie

The Heart of Midlothian board expect great success in every area this coming season.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Yes, because players will clearly come out in public and criticise coaches that they are working with every day. You only need to watch us on a weekly basis to see how bad our transition is. This is something that needs hours and hours of work because it's difficult and often risky. A big feature of the women's world cup has been the ambition of almost every team to play through midfield, lots of goals have come from clever through balls with strikers running off defenders. Our principal threat is set pieces and balls just crossed into the box at no one in particular.

Still, our principal issue was Injuries. 

Coaching as the principal issue has no foundation apart from in your and some others heads.

We may never reacted fast enough or had enough balance and depth but the fact is that they only become issues after the collective injuries, thus making injuries the principal issue. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Tears and snotters. Possibly a wedding.

And the wuminz team to make top 4.

Top 4, good cup runs.

Beating Hibs home and away and much better showings against Dee Hun.

Consistency across the whole season would reflect the above hopefully.

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

And the wuminz team to make top 4.

Aye, but dishes annat, eh?

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Top 4, good cup runs.

Beating Hibs home and away and much better showings against Dee Hun.

Consistency across the whole season would reflect the above hopefully.

Dundee Hibernian’s natural enemy, of course.

10 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Coaching as the principal issue has no foundation apart from in your and some others heads.

We may never reacted fast enough or had enough balance and depth but the fact is that they only become issues after the collective injuries, thus making injuries the principal issue. 

Yeah good Olly, your usual balanced view as ever. Perhaps if you had a semblance of a clue I would have an iota of respect for anything you post. 

Scott980612

1.Don’t lose against Hibs.  

2.Beat hibs at Tynecastle every time we play them. 

3.Don’t brick it on the motorway every time we visit weeg- land.  

4. See 4 , but turn Tynecastle into what it used to be - make it a place where visiting teams know there going to be in for a tough 90 mins . No gifts and needless dropped points.

5. See 1.

Same owner, same coaching staff, same manager, same input. To expect a different output would be idiotic.

I am concerned we are going to have another mediocre season.  Not convinced the squad is good enough to challenge for the top 4.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Yeah good Olly, your usual balanced view as ever. Perhaps if you had a semblance of a clue I would have an iota of respect for anything you post. 

Aye, ok then. You're right our coaches are the principal issue. 

Guys like Halkett and Souttar who have talked up CL know nothing. 

Our Irish Internationals that have signed have done so, despite, not because of Macphee. 

Guys like Naismith will always play for shite coaches. 

The fact that the team was playing well and getting results before the onset of injuries then results then got worse has nothing to do with injuries. It was our coaches fault. 

Our principal issue was the coaching, because you say so. 

Captain Sausage
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Same owner, same coaching staff, same manager, same input. To expect a different output would be idiotic.

So we would have been idiotic to expect Leicester City to do anything but win the Premier League in 2017 after winning in 2016?

That the logic you are going with, champ?

gowestjambo
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye, ok then. You're right our coaches are the principal issue. 

Guys like Halkett and Souttar who have talked up CL know nothing. 

Our Irish Internationals that have signed have done so, despite, not because of Macphee. 

Guys like Naismith will always play for shite coaches. 

The fact that the team was playing well and getting results before the onset of injuries then results then got worse has nothing to do with injuries. It was our coaches fault. 

Our principal issue was the coaching, because you say so. 

It certainly was after the injuries. Craig Levein admitted at one stage he did not know how to get the squad to score goals. If that is not a coaching issue, I dont know what is.

jambopilms

I expect we will still be ravaged with injurys to key players.

I want us to have better movement but expect not.

I expect Halket to be our best defender.

I expect us to be poor any game that Naismith doesn't play.

20 minutes ago, Jodami said:

:D

The Gorgie

League - anything less than a strong battle for 3rd is a failure.

Cups - Everyone wants a good cup run its better much what saved our season. Given celtic and rangers spending ability, avoid either and no reason why we can't get to semis again.

Vlad Magic
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As is repeating yourself continuously.

Edited by Vlad Magic
Spelling

39 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

WTF are you on pal ?? That’s a pile of Shite. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

It certainly was after the injuries. Craig Levein admitted at one stage he did not know how to get the squad to score goals. If that is not a coaching issue, I dont know what is.

If it was after our injuries, it wasn't the principal issue Ffs. 

Injuries were. 

Without the injuries the other issues were not there. 

That was my point. 

Principal issue is just that. 

gowestjambo
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If it was after our injuries, it wasn't the principal issue Ffs. 

Injuries were. 

Without the injuries the other issues were not there. 

That was my point. 

Principal issue is just that. 

The period that we struggled lasted longer than our excellent run of 11 games. Therefore it was the principal issue.

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:D

I know, I've been deliberately quiet, just waiting to see how things unfold... and then today! It's being on holiday Mothy, late here, kids hooked up to devices and my good lady is reading. I'll just have a wee look on kickback... 

heartmussel

To enjoy a game of football at Tynecastle,look forward to reading my papers on a Monday morning and reading about good performances likewise for once enjoy Sportscene and some encouraging words from pundits?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

I know, I've been deliberately quiet, just waiting to see how things unfold... and then today! It's being on holiday Mothy, late here, kids hooked up to devices and my good lady is reading. I'll just have a wee look on kickback... 

It made me smile. ?

With a deprecated midfield and no further help in that area, I'd expect bottom 6 finish.

What I want is top 4 (i.e. qualify for Europe), slaughtering h1b5 and two very good cup runs.

Without a more experienced midfield can't see it happening. 

Italian Lambretta

On a personal level i would like to see some free flowing football with lots of good goals from open play. This will stop me leaving at half time and end up in the Tynie Arms at 3.45.