Romanov

Masonic

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t have an agenda.

You see, unlike yourself, I have absolutely no sentiment for people like VR. 

You’re going on like a mad cult follower. 

I can see what he done for us. If it were up to the likes of Chris Robinson we would be ****ed. 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Cruyff Turn

• Herbert.

• davemclaren

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

The man saved us. It always has to get personal in here doesn't it. 

No. Anyone standing up for a crook that stole money from our club needs a reality check.  

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

I can see what he done for us. If it were up to the likes of Chris Robinson we would be ****ed. 

He didn’t do anything for ‘us’. He had absolutely no feeling, interest or attachment towards our club whatsoever, his only motive was purely self interest 

For those of us who aren’t so sentimental , gullible or so easily attracted by shiny objects, the bit where he almost killed us, that is the only part that matters.

Just like the Pieman. Nevermind the Wheatfield, Roseburn or Gorgie stands that were built to ensure we met New Stadia Seating requirements after the Hillsborough disaster, the teams, the European nights, the 3 cup finals, the 1st trophy in 36 years etc.... That went out the window the minute he tried to sell Tynie to Cala. Yet Romanov is a hero? You’re off your tits son, absolute double standards. 

Francis Albert
18 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’m personally quite delighted our club is no longer being used to launder money for Russian gangsters. 

How did that work exactly.

17 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Saved us then robbed us. 

The end. 

In what way did he rob us?

Francis Albert
48 minutes ago, McCrae said:

No. Anyone standing up for a crook that stole money from our club needs a reality check.  

And how was putting tens of millions (albeit other peoples' tens of millions) into Hearts stealing money from us?

Enzo Chiefo
10 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Levein out. Wage thief. Etc....

In all seriousness. Great post and agree.

Start of last season Craig was the Messiah. Now he is just a naughty boy after his finish to last season.

Football fans are fickle.

Most fans realised that our great start to last season was going to be tested when the bigger games came around.  We were helped by a good run of fixtures at the start, including getting Celtic when they were dropping a lot of points. I don't think many saw Levein as a messiah at any stage. The OF, Aberdeen and Hibs games in October were always going to provide a sterner test and we took 4 points from 12 and were well beaten in the SF.  It wasn't totally unexpected. Of course injuries had an affect, but facing the tougher opponents was always going to show us how credible our challenge was going to be. 

58 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Prove it. As I keep saying he's not been proven guilty in any court so is innocent.

Enzo Chiefo
14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And how was putting tens of millions (albeit other peoples' tens of millions) into Hearts stealing money from us?

17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How did that work exactly.

In what way did he rob us?

He didn't "rob us". It was a great rollercoaster ride at that time. 2 Scottish Cups, including 4-0 and 5-1 demolitions of Hibs at Hampden., Champions League football and saving Tynecastle from the bulldozers. Not a bad legacy and you would have to be off your rocker to wish the Romanov era hadn't happened.  

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The money Romanov put into Hearts was not his money. It belonged  to the shareholders of the UKIO group.

The money we had raised through the new share issue and season tickets was sent back to UKIO.  It should have been kept separate and ring fenced for the club.  This money was not returned to Hearts and this created the short term emergency cash problem when we went into Admin.

Romanov has been charged for stealing money from the UKIO group.  Just before he left for Russia it has been alleged that he transferred millions to his own personal accounts.  The money transferred would most likely include our season ticket and new share investment money.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He didn’t do anything for ‘us’. He had absolutely no feeling, interest or attachment towards our club whatsoever, his only motive was purely self interest 

For those of us who aren’t so sentimental , gullible or so easily attracted by shiny objects, the bit where he almost killed us, that is the only part that matters.

Just like the Pieman. Nevermind the Wheatfield, Roseburn or Gorgie stands that were built to ensure we met New Stadia Seating requirements after the Hillsborough disaster, the teams, the European nights, the 3 cup finals, the 1st trophy in 36 years etc.... That went out the window the minute he tried to sell Tynie to Cala. Yet Romanov is a hero? You’re off your tits son, absolute double standards. 

:greatpost:

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Prove it. As I keep saying he's not been proven guilty in any court so is innocent.

If Romanov is innocent why is he a fugitive from international law and hiding in Russia?

Justice has not been served due to Romanov refusing to hand himself in a go to court.

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The money Romanov put into Hearts was not his money. It belonged  to the shareholders of the UKIO group.

The money we had raised through the new share issue and season tickets was sent back to UKIO.  It should have been kept separate and ring fenced for the club.  This money was not returned to Hearts and this created the short term emergency cash problem when we went into Admin.

Romanov has been charged for stealing money from the UKIO group.  Just before he left for Russia it has been alleged that he transferred millions to his own personal accounts.  The money transferred would most likely include our season ticket and new share investment money.

Wrong on so many levels.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wrong on so many levels.

No all are facts.

Romanov is alleged to have stolen £300 million from UKIO.

Jambo Radus
17 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Thing is in these countries they do tend to call a spade a shovel :)  But wait a minute here in the UK Bankers who had received  accolades and indeed knighthoods were every bit as bad, if not worse and yet how many of them took any form of punishment for their roles in sending banks into turmoil and having to bailed out by tax payers...  teflon the lot of them with the aid of a labour government. Fred Goodwin was the top of the list he was actively trying to sell  8 Billion pounds worth of shares in a company he knew was on the edge collapse... he never sold them all but some people got well and truly stung by this guy and yet what has been done about that?... That's right nothing at all!  For committing a massive fraud he just walked away. Absolutely shocking any other person committing a fraud like that would have done time inside... it seems bankers in this country at least are above the law.

Agree 100%, outrageous trashing of the economy and no ^^^^ jailed!

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

No all are facts.

You can't even get basic facts right. Our shares were bought by UBIG, Vlad's holding company. Ukio, a subsidiary of UBIG, became our bankers.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You can't even get basic facts right. Our shares were bought by UBIG, Vlad's holding company. Ukio, a subsidiary of UBIG, became our bankers.

Ukio group is a collective term covering all his companies.

How about the shares he sold to fans that didn’t exist and were never created.

Why did we have no cash in our bank account when BJ took over the club.  Our season ticket money was gone.

Do you deny their is an international arrest warrant issued for Romanov.

28 minutes ago, McCrae said:

No all are facts.

Nowt like hanging the guy before he's had a trial.

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Ukio group is a collective term covering all his companies.

How about the shares he sold to fans that didn’t exist and were never created.

Why did we have no cash in our bank account when BJ took over the club.  Our season ticket money was gone.

Do you deny their is an international arrest warrant issued for Romanov.

Our season ticket money was gone because we had used it to cover late cash flow issues from earlier in the year. It isn't rocket science. The share issue was a pantomime which is why people like me bought tickets instead as that was true cash flow into the club.

Why would I deny an arrest warrant? Equally, do you understand the concept of jurisprudence?

And UBIG, again, was the umbrella company. Please educate yourself.

50 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wrong on so many levels.

Will you apologies when this is proven to be correct on every level when the trial in his absence takes place this year? 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:cornette:

I call Godwin's Law.

12 hours ago, Whatever said:

?width=285&version=2509018

11 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

AOC-Liar-1024x600.jpg

A tad ott. 

However, Hitler saved Germany from economic ruin, got rid of all opposition, won them many victories, promised to conquer Europe but ultimately was a bit mad and left the countrie in ruins and somone else had to pick up the mess and fix it. 

Replace Hitler with Romanov and Germany with Hearts. It fits

I'm reading a book about the Nazis atm so it was in my mind, but a bit ott. I agree. 

3 hours ago, McCrae said:

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

A tad ott. 

However, Hitler saved Germany from economic ruin, got rid of all opposition, won them many victories, promised to conquer Europe but ultimately was a bit mad and left the countrie in ruins and somone else had to pick up the mess and fix it. 

Replace Hitler with Romanov and Germany with Hearts. It fits

I'm reading a book about the Nazis atm so it was in my mind, but a bit ott. I agree. 

I think Germany were in economic ruin before Hitler came along. The Hyperinflation crisis in 1923 and the Great Depression 1929 seen to that. 

Feel a bit like Partridge......stop getting Bond wrong! 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wrong on so many levels.

The myth that Hearts was a cash cow for Vlad rather than massively the other way round dies hard. Wherever the money came from Hearts received tens of millions of subsidy during the Vlad regime.

The end was a confused mess but if in the final Vlad season, as has been asserted, the  ST and the Fedotovas share money was repatriated to Ukio/Ubig how on earth did Hearts, who had run out of cash before the middle of the season continue to operate and fulfil its fixtures to the end of the season?

Like most Hearts fans I find it difficult not to have mixed feelings about Romanov. he was responsible for some of the best times I have had as a Hearts fan and also a few of the worst,. particularly when we were told the next game might be our last.

As soon as the fans raised over a million pounds in barely a month in the Fedotovas share offer I was pretty sure we would survive in some form at least. It was an astonishing response when there was a chance it would no good. I think it was a critical factor in our eventual survival and a clear indication we would not allow our club to die.

SpruceBringsteen

Big fan of the mewling "he nearly killed us" patter.

Rangers nearly humped us in the 98 Cup final, but I'm fairly certain I'll still think that's tip top for the rest of my puff. 

Captain America

Loveable rogue.

If things had gone different would I think that then no but they didn't.

He gave us Takis, Rudi, 2 Scottish Cups and kept us at Tynecastle.

Hope he is listening to his Beatles records whilst sipping on some Vodka in the Motherland.

11 hours ago, McCrae said:

He pissed away a fortune on us, delivered 2 cups and stopped us from selling Tynecastle. For that, in my eyes, he will always be a legend.

20 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Romanov reminds me of Hitler. 

Hitler gave Germany it's most famous and prosperous spell and picked them up from rock bottom. 

Yip, we got in the news, we had a few successes, it was a good ride, most of the crowd got on board, but ultimately we went bust and we're lucky to survive. 

He's part of our history, he had positives and negatives, but ultimately we are in a better place now. 

However, If you champion Romanov and dislike Budge you're a ****ing crackpot. 

Erm....the negatives don't quite compare, do they? :lol: 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Erm....the negatives don't quite compare, do they? :lol: 

No..... 

Hearts would have survived a Germany win. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I think Germany were in economic ruin before Hitler came along. The Hyperinflation crisis in 1923 and the Great Depression 1929 seen to that. 

Feel a bit like Partridge......stop getting Bond wrong! 

Hitler started his journey about that time. 

He started his political nonesense in the 20's.

been here before

Its almost like Charles Dickens foresaw the Vlad years...

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair…".

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
6 hours ago, been here before said:

Its almost like Charles Dickens foresaw the Vlad years...

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.  But feck me, what a left peg Rudi has.  Georgie Aggro.”

You missed a bit.

77Mackay77

VR was a crook full stop.

He didn’t spend any of us own money on us, the money that we for a time benefitted from he had stolen from others.

The banking crisis did not cause his business empire to collapse, his crimes simply caught up with him.

When he bought the club he didn’t see an opportunity to save us from a move to Murrayfield he saw an opportunity to buy an asset through which he could widen his criminal enterprise.

Collectively as fans we seem to forget the c£20m in transfer fees that the club in theory made in his time but didn’t get reinvested into the club. Where did that all go? 

Yes we we got to see some players that we otherwise would never have been able to sign but then was that not perhaps a key part of his plan, bigger players paid with other people’s money and then when sold who pocketed the transfer fees....

Edited by 77Mackay77
Hadn’t finished post

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, 77Mackay77 said:

VR was a crook full stop.

He didn’t spend any of us own money on us, the money that we for a time benefitted from he had stolen from others.

The banking crisis did not cause his business empire to collapse, his crimes simply caught up with him.

When he bought the club he didn’t see an opportunity to save us from a move to Murrayfield he saw an opportunity to buy an asset through which he could widen his criminal enterprise.

Collectively as fans we seem to forget the c£20m in transfer fees that the club in theory made in his time but didn’t get reinvested into the club. Where did that all go? 

Yes we we got to see some players that we otherwise would never have been able to sign but then was that not perhaps a key part of his plan, bigger players paid with other people’s money and then when sold who pocketed the

Sigh.

Where did the money come from to pay off HBust and SMG?

Where did the money come from the Fyssases, Jankauskases et al?

Where did the money come from for the debt for equity swaps?

Etc, etc.

If Vlad is a "crook", HMFC were by far and away net beneficiaries of the proceeds.

maroonsgotop

I guess the key question is, If Romanov hadn't come in when he did what would have happened to Hearts, where would we be now and what would we have won

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Surprised this has got to 5 pages.

Picture Kilmarnock size home crowds walking past the houses built where Tynecastle was to Murrayfield on a match day.  

And that those days are numbered because we can’t afford the rent/SRU have got fed up of us/SRU putting Edinburgh rugby first (delete as appropriate).

Mans a hero.  Good health, Mr Romanov (ps kisses to Yulia).

Edited by Queensland Jambo

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Surprised this has got to 5 pages.

Picture Kilmarnock size home crowds walking past the houses built where Tynecastle was to Murrayfield on a match day.  

And that those days are numbered because we can’t afford the rent/SRU have got fed up of us/SRU putting Edinburgh rugby first (delete as appropriate).

Mans a hero.  Good health, Mr Romanov (ps kisses to Yulia).

^^^ Gets it.

11 hours ago, Barack said:

How in the blue ****ing Christ, did this get onto Hitler, and the economic output of pre-Nazi Germany?! 

:lol:

A new tangent for JKB. Zehr güt arscloch's.??

Not be the first or last thread to turn nazi on JKB.  

51 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

I guess the key question is, If Romanov hadn't come in when he did what would have happened to Hearts, where would we be now and what would we have won

We will never know. Someone else may have bought us.

what we do know is that without Ann Budge and FOH our club would no longer exist.  We are VERY lucky to have survived, unlike the other teams Vlad owned.  

This is all as a result of criminal behaviour, it’s not a case of him just making a mistake. Anyone can make an honest mistake, but his criminal behaviour is unforgivable.

Edited by McCrae

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

what we do know is that without Ann Budge and FOH our club would no longer exist.  We are VERY lucky to have survived, unlike the other teams Vlad owned.  

This is all as a result of criminal behaviour, it’s not a case of him just making a mistake. Anyone can make an honest mistake, but his criminal behaviour is unforgivable.

Point missed completely. Who else was going to buy HMFC and cover the debt repayment that was forcing us to sell Tynecastle to Cala Homes?

Answer: No one.

I’m putting the disparaging remarks down to youthful naivety.

I attended SOH rallies. I was in the Orwell as it was spelled out exactly where we were headed.

Tynecastle WAS gone. We WERE moving to Murrayfield. We WOULD NOT have been debt free.

One man stopped that. There was no other saviours lurking in the background waiting to see what happened. He saved Tynecastle. He saved HMFC.

Yes, the ending was rocky but I’d rather have experienced that (especially given the largest creditor was UBIG) than have died the slow death that Murrayfield would have undoubtedly brought.

And that’s before we add the cup wins, the humiliations of Hibs, the fantastic players and for only the second time in my life, albeit briefly, genuinely feeling we had a team capable of winning the league.

Hopefully through time there can be something built and erected at Tynecastle in honour of the man. Without him HMFC would be a very different entity and Tynecastle WOULD be gone.

:glorious:

Hero.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Whatever said:

I attended SOH rallies. I was in the Orwell as it was spelled out exactly where we were headed.

Tynecastle WAS gone. We WERE moving to Murrayfield. We WOULD NOT have been debt free.

One man stopped that. There was no other saviours lurking in the background waiting to see what happened. He saved Tynecastle. He saved HMFC.

Yes, the ending was rocky but I’d rather have experienced that (especially given the largest creditor was UBIG) than have died the slow death that Murrayfield would have undoubtedly brought.

And that’s before we add the cup wins, the humiliations of Hibs, the fantastic players and for only the second time in my life, albeit briefly, genuinely feeling we had a team capable of winning the league.

Hopefully through time there can be something built and erected at Tynecastle in honour of the man. Without him HMFC would be a very different entity and Tynecastle WOULD be gone.

Hero.

Seconded

22 hours ago, McCrae said:

No all are facts.

"The money transferred would most likely include our season ticket and new share investment money."

"Romanov is alleged"

So.....facts??

77Mackay77
8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Hero.

I get that he saved us from moving from Tynie but he did so through illegal means. And maybe we did for a time benefit from his criminal enterprise although I still don’t know where the £20m of transfer income went?

And yes he brought us some incredible highs but without others stepping up at the end Romanov’s actions and his actions alone would have meant there was no Hearts for any of us to watch be that at Tynecastle, murrayfield or anywhere else. 

He he saved us from murrayfield and then condemned us to die. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

I get that he saved us from moving from Tynie but he did so through illegal means. And maybe we did for a time benefit from his criminal enterprise although I still don’t know where the £20m of transfer income went?

And yes he brought us some incredible highs but without others stepping up at the end Romanov’s actions and his actions alone would have meant there was no Hearts for any of us to watch be that at Tynecastle, murrayfield or anywhere else. 

So you're now saying HBoS and SMG were complicit in some sort of money laundering? Some allegation there.

As for the transfer income, didn't you recall our wage bill being in excess of 100% of turnover? How exactly was that to be funded without shareholder funding precisely? Assuming your figures are correct, then that £20m was 2 seasons' wage bill.

If you want to criticise Vlad for anything, you can criticise his waste of resources.

A bit surprised this has got to 6 pages. It's fairly straight forward. He was an absolute mentalist. Crazier than a sackful of cats. More mental than a bunch of baboons on crack. A complete and utter lunatic. 

But....... He was OUR lunatic. And I wouldn't swap it for the world. It was one hell of an exhilarating, terrifying roller-coaster. I had a big smile at parts and almost a full set of underwear at others. Did I ultimately enjoy the ride? You betcha. Would I go through it all a 2nd time? Probably not. 

Sure, it could have gone better when he was here. It could equally have been even worse if he hadn't been here. But he was our Crazy Ivan and, just like when a friend does something incredibly stupid, I'd happily buy him a drink and laugh at the fun stuff while never forgetting to remind him of the idiotic shenanigans either. 

2 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

:wtfvlad:

Back it it up or kindly STFU.

Terminology akin to that used by those of a Hibernian persuasion, I note.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's funny how some people forget how Foulkes had Vlad vetted by MI5 and Vlad was given a clean bill of health.

"Illegal means" though. :vrface:

Clerry Jambo
2 hours ago, McCrae said:

Spot on bud