Romanov

Masonic

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Never mind a statue a tomb stone would be more appropriate! 

::troll::

:laugh:

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Cruyff Turn

• Herbert.

• davemclaren

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

He was a bit unlucky with the banking crisis wiping him out. 

Might have still been here with zero debt and a new stadium otherwise. 

People like him were the banking and financial crisis worldwide. The portrayal of Romanov as some kind of victim of circumstances is ridiculous.

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, Aich E Eh said:

The guy was a fruit n nut. 

To think what we could of done with the money he wasted. 

Can't deny that there was some good times though. 

We would never of seen Rudi Skacel for example. 

yep, Rudi said he would not have joined Hearts if it wasn't for Romanov so that's one legend we would have missed not to mention 2 cups, the 5-1 which is arguably the club's greatest ever win

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

There is a clear difference between CR and Romanov. Only Romanov has been charged for crooked behaviour. 

Remember all our season ticket money and new share investment was taken away from Hearts by Romanov just days before his business blew up. Romanov is wanted for stealing money from his companies and putting it in his private personal bank account. That missing money could easily be the missing Hearts money.

I know. Doesn't change the fact that the "unfit for purpose" stuff about our ground was a load of bollocks.

heartandsoul
3 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Crook. Nearly saw us disappear for ever.

Unforgivable.

This

The Gorgie

2 scottish cups and some very exciting players and past through our doors but overall it was bomb scare stuff the majority of the time. Hated the OF which was funny.

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

True. :lol:

Over all I am glad of where we are now, and grateful that we are safe. I do miss Hartley, Bednar, Rudi, Fyssas and Janny absolutely tearing teams to shreds though. Those were good times in amongst the bad.

Its always worth remembering that he saved Tynecastle back in 2004/05.

He saved us and we needed saved after him. Was it worth it? Kinda - easy to say now that we are out the other side. We'll never see that calibre of player at tynie again though. 

1 minute ago, Homme said:

He saved us and we needed saved after him. Was it worth it? Kinda - easy to say now that we are out the other side. We'll never see that calibre of player at tynie again though. 

Indeed. Good and bad. ?

22 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

yep, Rudi said he would not have joined Hearts if it wasn't for Romanov so that's one legend we would have missed not to mention 2 cups, the 5-1 which is arguably the club's greatest ever win

Yeah,  He seemed to get off on doing great things then destroying them. 

Burley, top of the league, get rid of him

Sergio puts celtic out and destroys hibs...offer him less money to stay on...

Mental.

Mmmmmm mixed feelings about Vlad 

Brought us some great times but the boy was an absolute lunatic 

Never forgive him for Burley 

We could have been the 1st club outside the OF since united in the 80's to win the League 

We were absolutely flying

My mate done some work in burley's house and the rumours were true according to him. 

But it didn't effect his work obviously. 

I genuinely think we would of won the league that year. 

Edited by Aich E Eh

For all his ills and faults in hindsight I have no hard feelings towards Romanov.(would've felt differently if we hadn't pulled through) it was a hell of a ride.

Mad as a box of frogs but ultimately some great moments.

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I can’t believe you are defending a crook. The guy is as guilty as sin ffs. 

Again he still hasn't been found guilty of anything so is innocent.

51 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Only the fools. Sadly there are quite a few of them.

The outcome would have been the same without him. So, yes, I'd still take it. Another 8 years or so of the club and some great times.

As they say though, if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle. It didn't end that way though and ultimately he's accidentally delivered us our most secure financial footing in years

William H. Bonney
10 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

My mate done some work in burley's house and the rumours were true according to him. 

But it didn't effect his work obviously. 

I genuinely think we would of won the league that year. 

That george was shit at DIY? 

jamboinglasgow

I think due to how well we were saved from administration and the hard work of so many people, quite a few fans dont really get how close the club came to ending. So they give Romanov a pass, but they guy almost destroyed the club. 

3 hours ago, londonjambo said:

What is so difficult for some people to grasp ? With Vlad, the club would have gone into liquidation. What do you think the liquidators would have done with Tynecastle ? Used it for the company kickabout ? The fact that we remain at Tynecastle is despite Romanov, not because of him. 

He's not a hero. He's a crook. He should be despised by Hearts fans.

GC

Nah, I'm not having that. Despised? He gave us 2 Scottish Cups and some incredible memories. 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I think due to how well we were saved from administration and the hard work of so many people, quite a few fans dont really get how close the club came to ending. So they give Romanov a pass, but they guy almost destroyed the club. 

It would have been the same scenario under pie man. Except we wouldn't have Tynecastle.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

It would have been the same scenario under pie man. Except we wouldn't have Tynecastle.

And Robinson is hated. Still doesn't mean Romanov should get a pass because of two Scottish cups. 

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

That george was shit at DIY? 

Mate, I've only got a few posts to my name,  if i was to go into detail i would be accused of being a hibs fan and reported for breaking all sorts of rules by the self police.

It was electrical work my mate done in his house and he seen what said person was up to. ALLEGEDLY. 

Given the state pie-rat had left us in, no sane individual was going to touch us with a barge pole.

We done remarkably well out of Mr Romanov. I’d take that journey again, tbh. :wub:

Jambo Radus

Used to sit next to a Lithuanian guy in the Gorgie, one day he said, "Of course, in Lithuania, Romanov is regarded as a criminal" 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Given the state pie-rat had left us in, no sane individual was going to touch us with a barge pole.

We done remarkably well out of Mr Romanov. I’d take that journey again, tbh. :wub:

Only if I knew the ending would be the same. 

Cruyff Turn
28 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Again he still hasn't been found guilty of anything so is innocent.

Aye sure he is, that’s why he faked illness and ran away to Russia with his embezzled millions before he could be prosecuted.

I’m sure this would be your stance if we had been liquidated right enough.

Thankfully the great Ann Budge saved our skins.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

jock _turd
11 minutes ago, Jambo Radus said:

Used to sit next to a Lithuanian guy in the Gorgie, one day he said, "Of course, in Lithuania, Romanov is regarded as a criminal" 

Thing is in these countries they do tend to call a spade a shovel :)  But wait a minute here in the UK Bankers who had received  accolades and indeed knighthoods were every bit as bad, if not worse and yet how many of them took any form of punishment for their roles in sending banks into turmoil and having to bailed out by tax payers...  teflon the lot of them with the aid of a labour government. Fred Goodwin was the top of the list he was actively trying to sell  8 Billion pounds worth of shares in a company he knew was on the edge collapse... he never sold them all but some people got well and truly stung by this guy and yet what has been done about that?... That's right nothing at all!  For committing a massive fraud he just walked away. Absolutely shocking any other person committing a fraud like that would have done time inside... it seems bankers in this country at least are above the law.

Edited by jock _turd

Bill Lindsay ... better or worse ..... good or bad??

Basically an honourable guy but living in a different era, when football clubs were run like gentlemen’s clubs.

Totally out of touch with the fans. The Club and Tynecastle suffered from a lack of investment and so did the team. The late 1960s / 1970s were not fun .....

Lindsay OUT!!

PS I never forgave him for selling Arthur Mann to Man City - no explanation or comment from the club .... PR non existent 

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

And Robinson is hated. Still doesn't mean Romanov should get a pass because of two Scottish cups. 

In reality Romanov delivered one Scottish Cup in 05/06. We went downhill fast after that expensively put together team started being broken up and the replacement players were never of a similar quality again. It's often forgotten we finished 8th in 07/08, which was unheard of for us. We were always top 6 at least for ages.

Credit to Laslo and JJ who got two 3rds after that, but that was with squads of players not too different in quality to our squads of the last few years. Maybe only Bruno Aguiar under Laslo was someone of real quality we would not normally have playing for us.

The 2012 cup was won despite Romanov, who wasn't even paying the players by that stage. It was all down to the manager and players.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bull's-eye

This thread highlights a massive problem with our support.

Not even happy with Silverware. 

Old Firm mentality all over this thread, nothing will ever be good enough and nothing will get in the way of a good moan and grizzle.

Delusions of grandeur...  ????

maroonsgotop
10 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Thing is in these countries they do tend to call a spade a shovel :)  But wait a minute here in the UK Bankers who had received  accolades and indeed knighthoods were every bit as bad, if not worse and yet how many of them took any form of punishment for their roles in sending banks into turmoil and having to bailed out by tax payers...  teflon the lot of them with the aid of a labour government. Fred Goodwin was the top of the list he was actively trying to sell  8 Billion pounds worth of shares in a company he knew was on the edge collapse... he never sold them all but some people got well and truly stung by this guy and yet what has been done about that?... That's right nothing at all!  For committing a massive fraud he just walked away. Absolutely shocking any other person committing a fraud like that would have done time inside... it seems bankers in this country at least are above the law.

have to agree with these comments. How the hell Fred Goodwin wasn't put in prison, I'll never know. Oh, wait  minute the corrupt elite.......................................................

gashauskis9

Some of my best memories as a Hearts fan were from Vlad’s era.  I can never hate him or feel any ill towards him.  He came, he tried, he failed.  

Lived the dream with him in charge.  What a time to be a Hearts fan it was, he saved the club and then nearly killed us.  Fortunately we owed most of our debt to his bank and that is what saved us in the end, any other scenario and there would be no CVA and then liquidation (like rangers rip). 

So technically the fact we ran up so much debt with his bank is what actually saved us in the end as I remember.

Anyway I'll have a drink to Romanovs health tonight.

He didnt even acknowledge Hibs as a rival.

God bless you, Mr Romanov.

Edited by Plank

Libertonian_ii01

My greatest moment as a Hearts fan was on the 16th May 1998. CR was the main man then so maybe he deserves a wee bit credit for that. For possibly winning the SPL the 1986 team under Wallace Mercer came closer than the Romanov version of 2005.  

While VR, WM and CR have brought home the silverware, Anne Budge deserves an awful lot of credit for clearing up the mess they left behind in winning it, as well as bringing Tynecastle into the 21st century at the same time. 

AB deserves that award

4 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Without Vlad Tynecastle would have been sold to Cala Homes.

He's a hero.

A bit of a stretch anointing Vlad a hero, however he is woven into the fabric of our history.

There is not one PHM who would not live that time again.

2 Scottish Cups, Champions League, Pissing off the weegie.

Brilliant times, gave us 6 or 7 yrs we would never have had if he did not step in.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Mr Romanov is a God amongst men. Hopefully, one day, we see him back at Tynecastle.

:glorious:

5 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

He's part of the rich tapestry that is Heart of Midlothian Football Club.  Good and bad.

It’s a rollercoaster innit?

You know it’s one of the things I love most about this great club.

The ridiculous highs and the crushing lows.

I’d be bored shitless supporting a Barcelona or Real Madrid

John mcCartney
1 hour ago, Aich E Eh said:

Mate, I've only got a few posts to my name,  if i was to go into detail i would be accused of being a hibs fan and reported for breaking all sorts of rules by the self police.

It was electrical work my mate done in his house and he seen what said person was up to. ALLEGEDLY. 

have a fecking word with yourself chief,utter bollocks !!!!!

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Mr Romanov is a God amongst men. Hopefully, one day, we see him back at Tynecastle.

:glorious:

Only if it becomes part of Russia or a prison, I imagine. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Only if it becomes part of Russia or a prison, I imagine. 

Under Boris, anything is possible.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Under Boris, anything is possible.

Will Geoff apologise for this when Vlad is found guilty of embezzling millions from deposit holders. Have we forgotten he withheld pay from players who really struggled. Sacked Burley. 

Loved the great times but was not a saint   

6 hours ago, Masonic said:

miss everything about the guy and i mean everything from the attacking fitbaw and foreign signings to punching bednar in the mouth just for the bants, the manager dramas, the us against them mentality to embezzling dough and spending it on the famous to running from justice 

what a man we will never forget and thanks for rudi anaw

The attacking football?

Aye sure maybe in the early days of Burley but you might be blocking out-

The Laszlo days- by far the worst football I have ever witnessed, pinching 1-0 wins at home. 

The McGlynn days of poor football and tactics that nobody on the pitch could folliw

The batshit mental halcyon days of anatoly korobochka 

He also gave us Graham Rix. After Burley ffs , he hired a patsy. Summed him up and was a starter for what was to follow

6 hours ago, Masonic said:

miss everything about the guy and i mean everything from the attacking fitbaw and foreign signings to punching bednar in the mouth just for the bants, the manager dramas, the us against them mentality to embezzling dough and spending it on the famous to running from justice 

what a man we will never forget and thanks for rudi anaw

The attacking football ? When it suited him.

i mind going to the cup game at Easter road sitting beside the first team (Gordon, Hartley etc) who he binned as he was in a huff and we never had a shot in target and so lost. 

That summed Romanov up. I was never so angry as that night. May as well of not gone as his ego once again got in the way and said Fek U to us who paid to go.

hated him for the likes of that

5 hours ago, allyby said:

Sacked Burley and in doing so lost us the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an interesting one, and one I hear a lot from vehemently anti Romanov fans who state this as if it's absolute fact. I loved that period under Burley as much as anyone, but there's no doubt a large part of the success was that we were a surprise package, which we wouldn't have been after the first round of games. Whilst we'll never know for sure if we might have won the league, it's equally as likely we would have ended up in the exact same position as we did at the end of that season. 

It's interesting to compare with last season as well (and some people who give Levein absolutely zero leeway) where we were still top of the league in October but were derailed by a ridiculous injury list to many of our key players. Imagine if the Burley team had lost Pressley, Webster, Hartley and Jankauskas all at the same time (Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Ikpeazu for conparison) how would we have coped? Not that well I'd wager, yet it's amazing how some people are completely unwilling to take that into account, purely out of their dislike for Levein.