• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Cruyff Turn

• Herbert.

• davemclaren

Definitely deserves a wee HeartsTV interview tbh. 

Could have spent the £100k on CCTV on first class flights to Moscow to hunt down the lovable wee scamp. 

Image result for rudi skacel

Cheers Vlad ;) 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Mr Romanov is a God amongst men. Hopefully, one day, we see him back at Tynecastle.

:glorious:

God help us. God amongst men? Absolute pish IMHO

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Romanov is a hero. Without him the club would be in tatters. 

With him we were as well...

2 hours ago, Plank said:

He didnt even acknowledge Hibs as a rival.

God bless you, Mr Romanov.

:wub:

Ain’t that the truth.

Maroon Sailor

Not read his thread but TF the man who nearly sent one of the greatest clubs in history out of business is well away from Tynecastle Park

Bazzas right boot

Romanov reminds me of Hitler. 

Hitler gave Germany it's most famous and prosperous spell and picked them up from rock bottom. 

Yip, we got in the news, we had a few successes, it was a good ride, most of the crowd got on board, but ultimately we went bust and we're lucky to survive. 

He's part of our history, he had positives and negatives, but ultimately we are in a better place now. 

However, If you champion Romanov and dislike Budge you're a ****ing crackpot. 

JamboAndrew
1 hour ago, Benzinho said:

This is an interesting one, and one I hear a lot from vehemently anti Romanov fans who state this as if it's absolute fact. I loved that period under Burley as much as anyone, but there's no doubt a large part of the success was that we were a surprise package, which we wouldn't have been after the first round of games. Whilst we'll never know for sure if we might have won the league, it's equally as likely we would have ended up in the exact same position as we did at the end of that season. 

It's interesting to compare with last season as well (and some people who give Levein absolutely zero leeway) where we were still top of the league in October but were derailed by a ridiculous injury list to many of our key players. Imagine if the Burley team had lost Pressley, Webster, Hartley and Jankauskas all at the same time (Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Ikpeazu for conparison) how would we have coped? Not that well I'd wager, yet it's amazing how some people are completely unwilling to take that into account, purely out of their dislike for Levein. 

Levein out. Wage thief. Etc....

In all seriousness. Great post and agree.

Start of last season Craig was the Messiah. Now he is just a naughty boy after his finish to last season.

Football fans are fickle.

JamboAndrew
10 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Hitler gave Germany it's most famous and prosperous spell and picked them up from rock bottom. 

Yip, we got in the news, we had a few successes, it was a good ride, most of the crowd got on board, but ultimately we went bust and we're lucky to survive. 

He's part of our history, he had positives and negatives, but ultimately we are in a better place now. 

Agree. That is all.

5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Aye sure he is, that’s why he faked illness and ran away to Russia with his embezzled millions before he could be prosecuted.

I’m sure this would be your stance if we had been liquidated right enough.

Thankfully the great Ann Budge saved our skins.

Answer the question has he been found guilty of anything in court?

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

The libellous slurs made on Mr Romanov on this thread are disgusting. The man is enjoying his well-earned retirement.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

:cornette:

I call Godwin's Law.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The libellous slurs made on Mr Romanov on this thread are disgusting. The man is enjoying his well-earned retirement.

Exactly. Any post on the McCann thread accusing them gets removed but when it comes to Romanov the rules change.

Cruyff Turn
16 minutes ago, Herbert said:

He will be but he won’t be there to see it. 

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This thread just shows that a there’s quite a few Hearts fans that are just absolutely mental.

Lauding a man who who almost killed this great club through his dodgy dealings. Absolute weirdos. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

This thread just shows that a there’s quite a few Hearts fans that are just absolutely mental.

Lauding a man who who almost killed this great club through his dodgy dealings. Absolute weirdos. 

A man who saved the ground and spent more money on Heart of Midlothian than anyone in history whilst winning two big cups. Weirdos are people who don't appreciate a bigger picture.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So to be clear, you’d rather Mr Romanov had never turned up, we’d sold Tynecastle to Cala and moved to Murrayfield?

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He saved us. The guy is a legend.

ToadKiller Dog

The club was already dying a slow death before Romanov came along, he put a bit of fight back into the club for a time. 

Also he put for a time a real fright into the Ugly sisters. 

The Romanov years for good or bad were needed to get us where we are today. 

FOH would never have happened if we went with the piemams plans. 

chuck berrys hairline
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

AOC-Liar-1024x600.jpg

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A man who saved the ground and spent more money on Heart of Midlothian than anyone in history whilst winning two big cups. Weirdos are people who don't appreciate a bigger picture.

The bigger picture is we were minutes from going out of existence but thankfully saved by Brian Jackson, Ann Budge and others.

Vlad didn’t win two cups ffs, the players on the park did, especially in 2012 when they weren’t even getting paid. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The bigger picture is we were minutes from going out of existence but thankfully saved by Brian Jackson, Ann Budge and others.

Vlad didn’t win two cups ffs, the players on the park did, especially in 2012 when they weren’t even getting paid. 

Who brought them here?

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

He saved us. The guy is a legend.

He bought out the Pieman. Big wows. Hardly saving a club.

Ann Budge saved us and secured Tynecastle for generations. That is the only person you should be thanking. Without her money or business acumen, we would have a club to support, nevermind be playing at Tynecastle. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

More lies. They were paid late. An important difference.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

He bought out the Pieman. Big wows. Hardly saving a club.

Ann Budge saved us and secured Tynecastle for generations. That is the only person you should be thanking. Without her money or business acumen, we would have a club to support, nevermind be playing at Tynecastle. 

Big wows? Jesus wept. How many other people had the wherewithal to stop the Cala deal and where were they?

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Big wows? Jesus wept. How many other people had the wherewithal to stop the Cala deal and where were they?

It’s not like he came to buy Hearts to save Tynecastle did he Geoff? He tried to buy Dundee and Hearts just needed an owner at that particular time. 

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

More lies. They were paid late. An important difference.

If I was paid a late i’d say, I never got paid last week. Hardly lies. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

It’s not like he came to buy Hearts to save Tynecastle did he Geoff? He tried to buy Dundee and Hearts just needed an owner at that particular time. 

Your dismissal of that deal as "big wows" is a complete joke. Without it, we wouldn't be here now.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Herbert said:

Because theres only 1 answer?

It’s a daft argument. The players played out their skin and PS got his tactics Bob on. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Your dismissal of that deal as "big wows" is a complete joke. Without it, we wouldn't be here now.

We wouldn’t be here now if it wasn’t for the administrators and Ann Budges cash Geoff. That is all that’s matters.

It’s a daft argument. The players played out their skin and PS got his tactics Bob on. 

Ok so romanov never appeared. What players would we have had? Would Paulo have came?

Cruyff Turn
21 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Ok so romanov never appeared. What players would we have had? Would Paulo have came?

Lauding the man who took us to deaths door is utterly ridiculous.

He never worked in our best interests, he never secured us long term financially, he neglected the Youth Academy, and the fact is those cup wins that you’re pinning on VR, which is laughable, wouldn’t have mattered a shiny feck had the Administrators not worked so hard in our interests as well as Ann Budge & the FoH, coming up with a solution to save our skins. You wouldn’t have even have had a team to support ffs.

As I said to you earlier, if we had not had a CVA accepted, not one supporter on this forum would be bigging VR up as a hero, you’d want his baws in a vice. 

We were very very lucky that the cards fell nicely for us and there were PHM out there that knew that day would come.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Lauding the man who took us to deaths door is utterly ridiculous.

He never worked in our best interests, he never secured us long term financially, he neglected the Youth Academy, and the fact is those cup wins that you’re pinning on VR, which is laughable, wouldn’t have mattered a shiny feck had the Administrators not worked so hard in our interests as well as Ann Budge & the FoH, coming up with a solution to save our skins. You wouldn’t have even have had a team to support ffs.

As I said to you earlier, if we had not had a CVA accepted, not one supporter on this forum would be bigging VR up as a hero, you’d want his baws in a vice. 

We were very very lucky that the cards fell nicely for us and there were PHM out there that knew that day would come.

:vrface:

We would have died had he not stepped up.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

:vrface:

We would have died had he not stepped up.

Chris Robinson - bad guy for almost turning Tynie into houses.

Vlad - good guy for almost killing us.

Absolute weirdo behaviour.

Brian Jackson’s thoughts - 

“The last four or five clubs I did were all bought by fans because no one else will buy clubs now, unless of course it is the wealthy people who want their toys, which ends up being the demise of the club when they get tired of it. When fans buy the club at least you know their agenda. When someone has never been involved with a club, what’s their agenda?”

Only Vladimir Romanov can answer that, wherever he is. “If I was being honest, I would say what he did was an absolute disgrace,” answers Jackson, who never met the former Hearts owner. 

“He had no regard for the fact his actions nearly caused the extinction of a club with a heritage and nor did he care about the people there, the fans or the jobs or the players.”

Mad Vlad, what a ****ing Hero

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We wouldn’t be here now if it wasn’t for the administrators and Ann Budges cash Geoff. That is all that’s matters.

Ten years of Mr Romanov or ten years of a slow Airdrie style death at Murrayfield. Ann Budge would have had nothing to save.

48 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Chris Robinson - bad guy for almost turning Tynie into houses.

Vlad - good guy for almost killing us.

Absolute weirdo behaviour.

Brian Jackson’s thoughts - 

“The last four or five clubs I did were all bought by fans because no one else will buy clubs now, unless of course it is the wealthy people who want their toys, which ends up being the demise of the club when they get tired of it. When fans buy the club at least you know their agenda. When someone has never been involved with a club, what’s their agenda?”

Only Vladimir Romanov can answer that, wherever he is. “If I was being honest, I would say what he did was an absolute disgrace,” answers Jackson, who never met the former Hearts owner. 

“He had no regard for the fact his actions nearly caused the extinction of a club with a heritage and nor did he care about the people there, the fans or the jobs or the players.”

Mad Vlad, what a ****ing Hero

A move to murrayfield would have killed us. Your agenda against the man is pathetic. 

7 hours ago, Benzinho said:

This is an interesting one, and one I hear a lot from vehemently anti Romanov fans who state this as if it's absolute fact. I loved that period under Burley as much as anyone, but there's no doubt a large part of the success was that we were a surprise package, which we wouldn't have been after the first round of games. Whilst we'll never know for sure if we might have won the league, it's equally as likely we would have ended up in the exact same position as we did at the end of that season. 

It's interesting to compare with last season as well (and some people who give Levein absolutely zero leeway) where we were still top of the league in October but were derailed by a ridiculous injury list to many of our key players. Imagine if the Burley team had lost Pressley, Webster, Hartley and Jankauskas all at the same time (Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Ikpeazu for conparison) how would we have coped? Not that well I'd wager, yet it's amazing how some people are completely unwilling to take that into account, purely out of their dislike for Levein. 

Don't believe it's comparable to last season. Burley had the players on a high, listen to Hartley on the Si Ferry interview the players believed they could win it. You had guys like Takis and Jankauskas in there who'd won things in the past. That Hearts team was as good if not better than the Celtic team who won the league..the draw at parkhead they were glad to get away with it, we went there and bossed it after the early goal. We had something about us, burley recruited well and I firmly believe if given the chance we would have strengthened in January. Bear in mind that Celtic game at Tynecastle where they beat us with Takis sent off, win that we were well in it. That was in spite of Rix not because of him. If Burley was left that season would have heralded so much more and as I say the players there at the time believed that.

Don't believe last season's start was in any way similar. It was good but the vibe and belief not sure it was the same. Not for me

14 hours ago, londonjambo said:

What is so difficult for some people to grasp ? With Vlad, the club would have gone into liquidation. What do you think the liquidators would have done with Tynecastle ? Used it for the company kickabout ? The fact that we remain at Tynecastle is despite Romanov, not because of him. 

He's not a hero. He's a crook. He should be despised by Hearts fans.

GC

He saved the club, fact. He almost lost us the club, fact. I know which was preferable 

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Romanov is a hero. Without him the club would be in tatters. 

:rofl:

Missed a good sheep v kickers debate. Way better than a wetters v cuckolds equivalent. Modern life is rubbish.

3 hours ago, Herbert said:

A move to murrayfield would have killed us. Your agenda against the man is pathetic. 

Your defense of a crook says a lot about your character.

12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Your defense of a crook says a lot about your character.

The man saved us. It always has to get personal in here doesn't it. 

Threads like this bring back great memories, hat kickers v vlad sheep.  Just need the picture of the boy kicking the Russian hat down the road :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Threads like this bring back great memories, hat kickers v vlad sheep.  Just need the picture of the boy kicking the Russian hat down the road :lol:

China! :laugh:

Romanov saved the club then left it to die. Can applaud the beginning of his reign but the ending was brutal and should never be glossed over. 

Cruyff Turn
5 hours ago, Herbert said:

I don’t have an agenda.

You see, unlike yourself, I have absolutely no sentiment for people like VR. 

You’re going on like a mad cult follower.