Romanov

Masonic

miss everything about the guy and i mean everything from the attacking fitbaw and foreign signings to punching bednar in the mouth just for the bants, the manager dramas, the us against them mentality to embezzling dough and spending it on the famous to running from justice 

what a man we will never forget and thanks for rudi anaw

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Cruyff Turn

• Herbert.

• davemclaren

Just now, Masonic said:

miss everything about the guy and i mean everything from the attacking fitbaw and foreign signings to punching bednar in the mouth just for the bants, the manager dramas, the us against them mentality to embezzling dough and spending it on the famous to running from justice 

what a man we will never forget and thanks for rudi anaw

Dunno if I miss the weeks of stress when it looked like we had no club but the highs were worth the lows. Not sure I'd do it again mind.... 

He was a bit unlucky with the banking crisis wiping him out. 

Might have still been here with zero debt and a new stadium otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

He was a bit unlucky with the banking crisis wiping him out. 

Might have still been here with zero debt and a new stadium otherwise. 

He was a crook.  We are lucky to have survived.

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

What does that make Chris Robinson?

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

What does that make Chris Robinson?

CR was incompetent. He wasn’t a crook.

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Mr Romanov has never been convicted of any wrong doing brother.

The White Cockade
5 minutes ago, Cisco1914 said:

Because he ran away to hide in Russia!

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Here here

johnthomas
8 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Crook. Nearly saw us disappear for ever.

Unforgivable.

Robinson ?

4 minutes ago, Cisco1914 said:

Probably because he remains in Moscow where Russia continue to refuse extradition. But I'm sure I read there might be a trial this year in his absence.

Romanov certainly made things interesting at Hearts, but his ambitions (winning Champions League, redevelop Tynecastle into something that dwarfs the nearby flats) were fantasy and never going to happen anytime soon, if ever, and he started to realise that. Plus the recession kickstarting a bitter end for his reign in Gorgie.

londonjambo
20 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Dunno if I miss the weeks of stress when it looked like we had no club but the highs were worth the lows. Not sure I'd do it again mind.... 

The highs were only worth the lows because of the way it turned out which was nothing to do with Mr Romanov.

The real question you need to ask yourself about the Romanov era is this. If it had turned out differently and the club had been liquidated, would the highs have been worth that ? 

Bizarrely, I know there are some people who will say yes even to that. 

GC

Haringshairband

I enjoyed it at the time but I'm glad we have passed the stage of worrying if we were going to survive.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Crook. Nearly saw us disappear for ever.

Unforgivable.

This.

Cruyff Turn

I’m personally quite delighted our club is no longer being used to launder money for Russian gangsters. 

Just now, Homme said:

That looks tame compared to the Romanov years. 

True. :lol:

Over all I am glad of where we are now, and grateful that we are safe. I do miss Hartley, Bednar, Rudi, Fyssas and Janny absolutely tearing teams to shreds though. Those were good times in amongst the bad.

Its always worth remembering that he saved Tynecastle back in 2004/05.

Just now, Barack said:

Or those Liffs you used to scream at fae yer windae.

Aye, that as well.

Leveins Battalion

Without Vlad we wouldn't be where we are today,gave us the opportunity to start again after the Robinson years.Some great memories and some not so great.

Finlay James

I never trusted him from the word go and I soon realized why.

Complete bellend of a guy but the one thing he did right was to call out the corruption in Scottish football.  He was spot on there but that's about it.

londonjambo
Just now, AndyNic said:

Without Vlad Tynecastle would have been sold to Cala Homes.

He's a hero.

What is so difficult for some people to grasp ? With Vlad, the club would have gone into liquidation. What do you think the liquidators would have done with Tynecastle ? Used it for the company kickabout ? The fact that we remain at Tynecastle is despite Romanov, not because of him. 

He's not a hero. He's a crook. He should be despised by Hearts fans.

GC

4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Ran up a 20m debt and was on the verge of selling the ground to Cala Homes. If he hadn't done the SMG deal it's likely Vlad would never have been seen. 

1 minute ago, londonjambo said:

What is so difficult for some people to grasp ? With Vlad, the club would have gone into liquidation. What do you think the liquidators would have done with Tynecastle ? Used it for the company kickabout ? The fact that we remain at Tynecastle is despite Romanov, not because of him. 

He's not a hero. He's a crook. He should be despised by Hearts fans.

GC

Here here.

I’m over in Lithuania at the moment,

yes he kept us at our spiritual home, for that I would thank him. 

If you google him and speak to the locals over here , he’s not a hero to them.

Basketball is is the biggest sport here and he took over Zalgiris and sacked the manager when they were top and put the captain in charge they ended up losing the league for the 1st time in 9 years. 

His other projects ,FBK Kaunas no longer exist  and Belarusian side  Fc Partizan Minsk was sold off in 2012. 

Thank you fellow supporters, Foh and Ann for keeping us alive and kicking.

Edited by novoman

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Ran up a 20m debt and was on the verge of selling the ground to Cala Homes. If he hadn't done the SMG deal it's likely Vlad would never have been seen. 

None of that is dishonest.  

Bull's-eye

Delivered the best day out in every single living supporters life.

For that alone he is a legend.

Got to say I miss the Big Man. Are we in a better place? Absolutely 

But every time I go to Tynie it’s Big Vlad I have to thank ?

I remember his wee team Kaunas put Rangers out of the Champions League in 08. Two clubs that no longer exist. ?

For me Robinson was every bit as culpable as Romanov in seeing our club nearly go extinct. At least I don’t have to look at Romanov every home game but I do see Robinson and tbh it makes me sick. Thank god the directors box is moving back. 

Romanov gave us 2 cups, but he was a egotistical lunatic. Sacked Burley and the moment he did it was obvious that we were in trouble. Just not obvious at the time he would nearly send us to our grave.

have to obviously thank him for saving us from Cala Homes which I always will be eternally grateful. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’m personally quite delighted our club is no longer being used to launder money for Russian gangsters. 

Any proof he laundered money through us?

Romanov A reckless, did not give a **** about any opinion outside HMFC, utterly ruthless, wanted a hostile stadium owner who cared about winning and hell goes anyone who never got on his train.

Budge : Sensible, overly pc, wants to please everyone outside looking in, all just a game at the end of the day, make Hearts wholesome, wants a library full of families and certain demographics who will make us and herself look good whilst scooping all accolades herself instead of the team.

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Romanov A reckless, utterly ruthless, wanted a hostle stadium owner who cared about winning and hell goes anyone who never got on his train.

Budge : Sensible, overly pc, all just a game at the end of the day, make Hearts wholesome, wants a library full of families and certain demographics who will make us and herself look good whilst scooping all accolades herself instead of the team.

Romanov: Picks the team :whistling:

It is easy to be selective and show Romanov in a great light and Budge in poor, but if your sort of night out on the town is the kind where it could be your last because of what you're taking/doing, then I'll at least understand your logic

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Romanov: Picks the team :whistling:

It is easy to be selective and show Romanov in a great light and Budge in poor, but if your sort of night out on the town is the kind where it could be your last because of what you're taking/doing, then I'll at least understand your logic

I'd take parts of Budge tbf. Sensible for a start.

I just wish Ann Budge would stop giving a **** about what anyone thinks outside of our exclusive club