• Herbert.

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:oohmatron:

I've gotta take what I get nowadays

:sob:

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

He was a bit unlucky with the banking crisis wiping him out. 

Might have still been here with zero debt and a new stadium otherwise. 

????

Guest ToqueJambo
29 minutes ago, McCrae said:

None of that is dishonest.  

The reasons he gave for needing to sell the ground were dishonest. We have proven for the last 15 years or so that that was clearly bollocks.

Spellczech
15 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Saved us then robbed us. 

The end. 

Nonsense - our debt at the end was the same as when he arrived. He blew a lot of money but he didn't saddle Hearts with it.

Cruyff Turn
15 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Any proof he laundered money through us?

Is there any proof he didn’t?

A money laundering operation that had a bunch of football clubs on its books.

Aye, his intentions were absolutely pure and he never once, as part of a massive money laundering operation, used us. ?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Nonsense - our debt at the end was the same as when he arrived. He blew a lot of money but he didn't saddle Hearts with it.

Saved us, neglected us, robbed us (Gordon money and shares), neglected us again, saved us again (inadvertedly, although he did seem to genuinely want us to be saved by the fans or a decent buyer ultimately, but who knows what went on in his head - total nutcase)

SpruceBringsteen

Don't pine for *everything* about the guy, but I 100% love how just the mention of his name still has the Buzz Killingtons punching walls in vein bulging fury. :lol:

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Is there any proof he didn’t?

A money laundering operation that had a bunch of football clubs on its books.

Aye, his intentions were absolutely pure and he never once, as part of a massive money laundering operation, used us. ?

It's not up to him to prove anything. He's innocent until a court says otherwise.

1 hour ago, Masonic said:

miss everything about the guy and i mean everything from the attacking fitbaw and foreign signings to punching bednar in the mouth just for the bants, the manager dramas, the us against them mentality to embezzling dough and spending it on the famous to running from justice 

what a man we will never forget and thanks for rudi anaw

miss steven frail

46 minutes ago, kila said:

Probably because he remains in Moscow where Russia continue to refuse extradition. But I'm sure I read there might be a trial this year in his absence.

Romanov certainly made things interesting at Hearts, but his ambitions (winning Champions League, redevelop Tynecastle into something that dwarfs the nearby flats) were fantasy and never going to happen anytime soon, if ever, and he started to realise that. Plus the recession kickstarting a bitter end for his reign in Gorgie.

I think we will be talking about him for years to come. Good times! Bad times.

AlphonseCapone

Heart of Midlothian's very own Chaiman Mao, except swap actual deaths for football career deaths. 

upgotheheads
12 minutes ago, allyby said:

Sacked Burley and in doing so lost us the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly, but we won two Scottish Cups.

4 minutes ago, Cisco1914 said:

I think we will be talking about him for years to come. Good times! Bad times.

Our Napoleon

The guy was a fruit n nut. 

To think what we could of done with the money he wasted. 

Can't deny that there was some good times though. 

We would never of seen Rudi Skacel for example. 

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

It's not up to him to prove anything. He's innocent until a court says otherwise.

:laugh: you do know there’s like dozens of International arrest warrants with his name on it for Money Laundering and Embezzlement? 

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

3. Do not make any potentially libellous comments about anyone

rules should be enforced on this thread.

Not libellous if they are true though. ?

Very selective memory from the OP.

attacking football lasted about 10 games, it got steadily worse! Csaba period was awful for example! 

I’m glad he’s gone, but it was some ride!

He wasn't the only business man to get his pants pulled down.

Minty Moonbeams was hard at it as well.

But yes,I miss him.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Not libellous if they are true though. ?

Has he been found guilty of anything? An arrest warrant isn't a guilty verdict in court is it?

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:laugh: you do know there’s like dozens of International arrest warrants with his name on it for Money Laundering and Embezzlement? 

Any links to them? 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Has he been found guilty of anything? An arrest warrant isn't a guilty verdict in court is it?

I can’t believe you are defending a crook. The guy is as guilty as sin ffs. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Any links to them? 

Google Vladimir Romanov International/European, arrest warrant. 

18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

SectionDJambo

We won 2 Scottish cups and had the best team I’m ever likely to see Hearts have, in 2005/06. But his legacy was to leave us in the most precarious financial position, possibly, in the club’s history. Maybe Wallace saved us from a bigger catastrophe, despite the much smaller debt, because the idea of the Foundation of Hearts would have been unlikely to have thought of, pre internet.

For the money he used up with Hearts, we should have won far more than the 2 cups. His decision making was sheer lunacy most of the time, but he did have some lucid moments that benefited us, like insisting that Rudi Skacel came back, hiring Paulo Sergio and Jim Jefferies, not falling out with Paul Hartley.

If we had gone out of business, I doubt that anyone, other than Hibs fans, would look on him with any affection now. Personally, I think that Wallace and Ann Budge stuck their necks out far more, than him, for Hearts.

39 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Why are you talking about debt? 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Robinson ?

Incompetent buffoon who stuck it all on red and it landed on black 

39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The reasons he gave for needing to sell the ground were dishonest. We have proven for the last 15 years or so that that was clearly bollocks.

There is a clear difference between CR and Romanov. Only Romanov has been charged for crooked behaviour. 

Remember all our season ticket money and new share investment was taken away from Hearts by Romanov just days before his business blew up. Romanov is wanted for stealing money from his companies and putting it in his private personal bank account. That missing money could easily be the missing Hearts money.

Pistol1874

Romanov’s biggest, only, legacy is where we are now. His, probably unwitting, part in it? Making sure we owed someone else more than we owed HMRC.

We now have fans movement which will repay every penny it committed to.

No-one saying ‘that’s enough, I want out, I’ll transfer the rest to you now’, no-one saying ‘I’m not going to live forever, I want my money back, I’m selling to an American’ and, most of all, not being left as a supporter supporting a club always being reminded by every other fan base, that your club is not what it claims to be, constantly being reminded of your failure as a fan base. How shite would that be?

:D

Paul Shark
1 hour ago, Masonic said:

miss everything about the guy and i mean everything from the attacking fitbaw and foreign signings to punching bednar in the mouth just for the bants, the manager dramas, the us against them mentality to embezzling dough and spending it on the famous to running from justice 

Should that not be bantz ?

doctor jambo

Hearts fans moaning when it’s boring and moaning when it’s exciting 

I loved the guy

pure entertainment

utter showbiz

23 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Google Vladimir Romanov International/European, arrest warrant

I can only find reports of one arrest warrant issued in August 2013. 

Where are the dozens of others? 

Thought this might have been news which would have been interesting.  Instead, it's tedious repetition which is not.

Boab Mugabe

Bankrupted himself for the Gorgie and delivered more trophies than we’ll see in the Budge/Levein era.

A great, great man.

Spellczech
18 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Why are you talking about debt? 

Why do you think? Hearts had 28m of debt in 2005 and 28m of debt in 2013. Pretty obvious, non?

jock _turd

Opinions will always be divided about Vald. Myself I tend to go with the opinion that no matter what actually happened after it went tits up for him, without him it is just as debatable whether we would be where we are now. On balance I think he did more good than harm and I do not think it would ever had gone the way it did had it not been for the crash that occurred in the market. People talking about him being a crook FFS what the F does that make Fred the shred....! Vlad was absolute chick feed compared to that F'n man and he still ply's his trade today as though nothing ever did was wrong!

Two Big Cups.

At the helm for some of the best humiliations of the manky mob we've seen in living memory.

Top boy.

Edited by Cade

His intervention was vital in 2004 and we'll always appreciate that. The first year and 2012 created unforgettable memories, but his lack of serious interest in anything but the immediate term nearly killed the club and that is his defining legacy.

davemclaren
44 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The feckin dickhead cost us the league the day he sacked George Burley. 

Unforgivable because it was ours to win.

His to give and his to take away I suppose. 

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, Masonic said:

Hes a *****.

Byyy The Light

I’m firmly in the what a fecking ride that was gang! Great times. Would do it all again in a minute if the outcome was the same.

If we’d lost the club because of it I wouldn’t look back so

fondly!

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Good health and gods speed, Mr Romanov 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, londonjambo said:

The highs were only worth the lows because of the way it turned out which was nothing to do with Mr Romanov.

The real question you need to ask yourself about the Romanov era is this. If it had turned out differently and the club had been liquidated, would the highs have been worth that ? 

Bizarrely, I know there are some people who will say yes even to that. 

GC

Only the fools. Sadly there are quite a few of them.

Any time Vlads name comes up I always think ' it's an ill wind that blows no good ' history will see him as the catalyst to where we're heading now. I , for one, am glad that we're on a good path now .