***Official Arbroath v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

rick witter
2 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

And yet you never post on here when we win..........

Never mind mate, we're going to rip up the wee team for arse paper this season, sure you'll enjoy that ?

Well that’s a lie for a start. I post every game so you must have selective memory. 

Personally I couldn’t care less about Hibs the main thing I care about is trying to catch an Aberdeen team who finished 18 points ahead of us to try and qualify for Europe. 

Under this manager though it won’t happen. Far too many players in that squad nowhere near good enough for us to be a top 4 team. 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• rick witter

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Haringshairband
3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Absolute fecking  rude man that.

Whats his problem, try to act  like a hard man with his penis comments, says it all really,  absolute weirdo.

:lol: you're having a nightmare here. I've never seen anyone so worked up about a friendly before :lol:

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

??what were folk expecting?3 week break and suddenly Wighton and co have came back top class?My guess would be that Levein knows these guys are not good enough and today would've highlighted that even more ?

Leven will play them  nonetheless . 

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Some probably don’t. Others certainly do but it’s a great result for them to have another go at the club/manager. 

Very little posters are having any kind of a go.  People are falling over themselves on the other hand to start trouble out of nothing. 

maroonlegions

Th

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Very little posters are having any kind of a go.  People are falling over themselves on the other hand to start trouble out of nothing. 

There was a few posters insulting people, i was one of them getting it personal ,if they had said that to my face in the boozer like a real man.....:greggy:

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Some probably don’t. Others certainly do but it’s a great result for them to have another go at the club/manager. 

No excuse

if this was Hibs or rangers losing we would be Laughing at them.

Absolute Scenes
18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Berra not play 1st half?

3 senior players played

The reaction from some to a friendly loss is nothing short of pathetic and embarrassing. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Natural Orders said:

No excuse

If Hibs had played majority of their young team and got beat, why would I be laughing? If they played their full strongest team I’d laugh at them, but we had no where near that team. Away and work on your next question

Randy Marsh
11 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

On way back from today’s game. Only things we can take from games like this is that MacLean, Wighton, Brandon, Burns, Henderson, Moore, Petkov are not good enough for Hearts and never will be why do we even persist giving them minutes just move them on 

Bit harsh on Brandon.  Was out for over a year with a bad injury.  Thought he looked really good beforehand so deserves time.  Never seen Petkov but I agree about the rest.

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Well that’s a lie for a start. I post every game so you must have selective memory. 

Personally I couldn’t care less about Hibs the main thing I care about is trying to catch an Aberdeen team who finished 18 points ahead of us to try and qualify for Europe. 

Under this manager though it won’t happen. Far too many players in that squad nowhere near good enough for us to be a top 4 team. 

Are you on the happy train?

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No excuse

I wouldn’t laugh at anyone for losing a friendly because it means heehaw. 

Yeah go away Levein you let the guys lose a fitness exercise ?

No Washington/Uche/Walker/Naismith/ White/ Haring, souttar, uche, mulraney, Lee, djoum etc.. and we play fitness game 2 in 48 hours 

Brilliant ?

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No excuse

If Hibs played a friendly against Arbroath I’d be surprised if I was even aware of it!

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No excuse

If Hibs had been playing Arbroath today I wouldn’t even have noticed the game or the result. Who cares about Hibs? 

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

3 senior players played

The reaction from some to a friendly loss is nothing short of pathetic and embarrassing. 

Its exactly what is expected though so I wont lose sleep over it.

Never knowned a league title won in june away at arbroath in a friendly!!

Anyone who attended care to comment on the early sub of sandison? Injured?

Maroon Sailor
On 27/06/2019 at 19:10, tartofmidlothian said:

The football drought is nearly over. :yas:

Unfortunately

William H. Bonney
14 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I can tell you now zero pros takes friendlies serious ????

Neither do the vast majority of supporters. They’re shite. I went to Murrayfield only really to see Barcelona. I think before that it was that South American team that kicked lumps out of us. 

People getting stressed about the hearts b team losing in a friendly is so utterly ridiculous. 

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Th

There was a few posters insulting people, i was one of them getting it personal ,if they had said that to my face in the boozer like a real man.....:greggy:

That doesn’t surprise me.  

I’ve attended Hearts games for over 36 years - preseason has almost always been pis*, it’s a fitness exercise for the players.

All the pant wetters getting upset are clearly new to following Hearts  and football in general ?

The Internet
2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Did we get relegated that season

The way some weirdos were going about 'protesting' during that year you'd think we had. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Somethings never change with some anti levein posters ! It's a pre season friendly with loads youngsters 

Bobby 

Hickey 

Berra 

Edwards 

MacLean 

Clare 

Smith 

All started the Scottish cup final, all played a part today. 

Cochrane 

MacDonald 

Are players people think are going to be pushing for starting places next season. 

Wighton 

Bozanic 

Burns 

Brandon 

All featured at various points last season and will feature again this season. 

Lets not pretend that the sides out today where “filled” with youth. 13 of the squad feature and will feature in the new season. A fitness exercise it may be but we have been making excuses for poor performances and defeats since October 2018, you can’t blame people for getting irked by another defeat, even in these circumstances. 

Pre season is for fitness, trying out new shape/formations, new players etc but it’s also for building momentum for the new season. It’s not essential but it’s great to build a bit of excitement for the new season. Everyone will remember the Boro friendly before the Burley season, the feel good factor was amazing. Fans and players together. Pretend all you like but come the start of the season, with more results like today, the atmosphere is going to be horrendous. 

Heres hoping, like many have said, it is just a fitness exercise and not a indication of what’s to come. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Bobby 

Hickey 

Berra 

Edwards 

MacLean 

Clare 

Smith 

All started the Scottish cup final, all played a part today. 

Cochrane 

MacDonald 

Are players people think are going to be pushing for starting places next season. 

Wighton 

Bozanic 

Burns 

Brandon 

All featured at various points last season and will feature again this season. 

Lets not pretend that the sides out today where “filled” with youth. 13 of the squad feature and will feature in the new season. A fitness exercise it may be but we have been making excuses for poor performances and defeats since October 2018, you can’t blame people for getting irked by another defeat, even in these circumstances. 

Pre season is for fitness, trying out new shape/formations, new players etc but it’s also for building momentum for the new season. It’s not essential but it’s great to build a bit of excitement for the new season. Everyone will remember the Boro friendly before the Burley season, the feel good factor was amazing. Fans and players together. Pretend all you like but come the start of the season, with more results like today, the atmosphere is going to be horrendous. 

Heres hoping, like many have said, it is just a fitness exercise and not a indication of what’s to come. 

Souttar , white, djoum , mulraney , Lee,  haring , ikpeazu,  Naismith,  halkett,  Washington and Walker weren't even stripped 

It’s just a bit of a shitter for confidence and supporter morale. 

Think everyone just wants to get the past couple years behind us and get back to winning so disappointing when we’ve been beaten of a team like arbroath even in a friendly.  It’s not really an indication of next season but probably could’ve done without an excuse for fans to be miserable *******s before the season has begun.  

When do the LC matches start?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Morph said:

It’s just a bit of a shitter for confidence and supporter morale. 

Think everyone just wants to get the past couple years behind us and get back to winning so disappointing when we’ve been beaten of a team like arbroath even in a friendly.  It’s not really an indication of next season but probably could’ve done without an excuse for fans to be miserable *******s before the season has begun.  

When do the LC matches start?

Dundee utd a week on Friday! That's when we need to be ready for competitive football 

The Internet

Dundee utd at home 12th July. I'll admit if we lose that I'll be worried and embarrassed and raging and all those things. 

39 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I can tell you now zero pros takes friendlies serious ????

Seems a large amount off our playing squad take competitive ones seriously either ???

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Dundee utd a week on Friday! That's when we need to be ready for competitive football 

Yeah league cup matches are when we can start properly judging the state of the team. 

Maroon Sailor

Well if it was a fitness exercise rather than a match what was the point in putting the goalposts up ?

It's a gash result

i wish jj was my dad
37 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

24 points 28 games .

17 and 22 in a row. 5-1 and FTH. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Well if it was a fitness exercise rather than a match what was the point in putting the goalposts up ?

It's a gash result

It's all about fitness and avoiding injury ! Result means absolutely nothing 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's all about fitness and avoiding injury ! Result means absolutely nothing 

Don't bother then - just have a kick about at Oriam

48 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Nice try , you seen an opportunity to get personal  with me and you grab it, very mainly  . Oh and you can ram your advice up yer sun dont shine, Taking the piss out of a Hearts fan because he is righty pissed off  at loosing to shite,   now that's  embarrassing. 

Par for the course for the happy clappers on here - run out of football related excuses and they bash on with the personal insults.

Finlay James
42 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I disagree but there you go, it's all about opinions

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Well the fact is the result doesn't matter! We building upto the competitive games on 12th July 

Jambo, Goodbye
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What do you believe is the main reason for the first friendly of the season? 

Especially one with 10/11 subs? 

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Poor result , but as people have said it's only pre season so not overly important but still poor and nor setting the tone going forward . 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

What do you believe is the main reason for the first friendly of the season? 

Especially one with 10/11 subs? 

What do you believe ?

A_A wehatethehibs

Cathroesque 

Might be the best way to start pre season though. 

I am expecting a reaction. 

colinmaroon

Doomed, Doomed, we're all Doomed!!!.

We've got a touch of the DOOMS, I tell ye!!!

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Poor result , but as people have said it's only pre season so not overly important but still poor and nor setting the tone going forward . 

Think that’s it, win all your games pre season and the club goes into the season with a bit of a buzz. 

Again dont think it proves anything about the team but would be good to get the feel good factor back.  Anyone know what went wrong for us?  Would imagine we just lacked the physicality against them?