Conor Washington signs for Hearts ( updated )

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Beast Boy

• Absolute Scenes

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

I never mentioned his goal scoring and I'm not sure he even played much in Greece. 

I remember him being nothing special at Southampton think they let him go on loan actually. 

Anyway this isn't comparing them as players, rather the situation. 

And part of my view is based on baggage - what baggage did Rudi have?

Portable Badger
6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

That Belfast journo must be blind - Washington and Lafferty are nothing like each other in style of play.

THink he was talking about the fact they both play the flute !!!;)

Mr Elwood P
37 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I assume everyone else has noticed the longer we take to conclude a signing the worse the player is aye?

Oshinawa = 2 month, absolute toilet

Vanecek = 5 months, cold bucket of shite

Beslija = 12 months of arguing with Genk, worse than your dug dying on Christmas day

Therefore if we can nab Washington within the 3 or 4 days, then scientifically I'm saying the boy is PotY material. :cool:

Had to tell you, we've spent two years on the Halkett signing and a lot of time on the White signing.

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

And Levein will now have to find a way to replace Lafferty after his 20-goal campaign last season.

But the Jambos boss joked there was at least one positive to the loss of the 30-year-old.

Speaking to the BBC ahead of Hearts' clash with Kilmarnock, he laughed: "The average IQ of the squad has gone up, that's for sure.

Lafferty's never had a 20-goal campaign in his puff and never will!

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Not sure what instruments they play in Kent really, where Washington is from.

Spoons? 

I know, this has been amusing me. He plays for NI, but the boy is English and proper Southern English at that. @Portobello Hearts has probably visted Ulster more than this lad.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
6 minutes ago, pablo said:

I know, this has been amusing me. He plays for NI, but the boy is English and proper Southern English at that. @Portobello Hearts has probably visted Ulster more than this lad.

On the other hand, I’m hearing we plan to wait until Monday to announce his signing to please the more, erm, traditional elements of our support..,

fabienleclerq
46 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Geoff got Garruccio quite a bit wrong IMO.

But **** me if Geoff is excited about a player and admits it on here then it’s a game changer.

What did he say? 

Iirc he said garruccio was pretty average and better going forward than defending. Which would be a good summary of him so far at Hearts. 

8 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

What did he say? 

Iirc he said garruccio was pretty average and better going forward than defending. Which would be a good summary of him so far at Hearts. 

Oh I can’t remember the precise words but something like he is absolutely woeful in a really poor quality league.

Garruccio proved he was way better than that with us - I agree with you, not perfect but room for improvement from a decent starting point.

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

What did he say? 

Garuccio is an awful defender. Nothing he showed last season caused me to deviate from that.

Geoff Kilpatrick
58 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

How has he done for them?  I know they have generally done well over the last 5-6 years.

He's been good. As I said earlier, I like his directness and willingness to run at defenders. He isn't an out and out striker but he has been used as a lone striker in away games.

Guest ToqueJambo
29 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He's been good. As I said earlier, I like his directness and willingness to run at defenders. He isn't an out and out striker but he has been used as a lone striker in away games.

So his highlight reel is actually an accurate one for a change? He looked very, very direct and confident in that - exactly what we need. 

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Had to tell you, we've spent two years on the Halkett signing and a lot of time on the White signing.

Bad news for those lads...

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

We can only really properly tell if we sign both Washington and Lafferty. 

I'd be in favour of a Jon Stark Matchwinner for Hire contract for Lafferty just for Celtic games.

Geoff Kilpatrick
44 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So his highlight reel is actually an accurate one for a change? He looked very, very direct and confident in that - exactly what we need. 

Not watched the highlight reel so I can't comment on it.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not watched the highlight reel so I can't comment on it.

He looks very direct and confident.

28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd be in favour of a Jon Stark Matchwinner for Hire contract for Lafferty just for Celtic games.

Get Cosmo Kent in as well if it's a cup final. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I assume everyone else has noticed the longer we take to conclude a signing the worse the player is aye?

Oshinawa = 2 month, absolute toilet

Vanecek = 5 months, cold bucket of shite

Beslija = 12 months of arguing with Genk, worse than your dug dying on Christmas day

Therefore if we can nab Washington within the 3 or 4 days, then scientifically I'm saying the boy is PotY material. :cool:

Can only imagine how bad Zlat Knight is going to be for us when he signs. 

7 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

:rofl: how you still get away with posting drivel on this forum is beyond me.

Spends most his time asking for info from people about signings hanging off their coat tails, then has the audacity to slate dazajambo who has a proven track record now he's posting ITK info as his own ?????

Tommy Brown
8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Geoff got Garruccio quite a bit wrong IMO.

But **** me if Geoff is excited about a player and admits it on here then it’s a game changer.

I think @Geoff Kilpatrick got Garruccio spot on, myself.

Not good enough, squad player at best.

Other than having a decent dead ball, he aint very good.

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Spends most his time asking for info from people about signings hanging off their coat tails, then has the audacity to slate dazajambo who has a proven track record now he's posting ITK info as his own ?????

I dunno what’s worse...

Agentjambo poorly pretending to be ITK, desperate for some internet backslaps?

Posters like yourself, with a Carole Ann Boone esque fascination with Daza, cheerleading/internet white knight protecting him from anyone that dare question him?

Or Daza himself...got 1 prediction correct god knows how long ago, amongst a multitude of other predictions (throw enough mud, some of it’s bound to stick)...he has ‘sources’ dontcha know!

For the record, I enjoy people posting rumours/gossip, however when the start posting them as fact (such as brazenly posting players salaries, or saying with absolute conviction they know what was said at a board meeting/senior management meeting...or a player ‘will’ sign), then they’ve entered internet lunatic territory (massively desperate to appear important to people they don’t know, all with a view to making themselves feel good about themselves).

Tell me more about this fabled track record Daza has by the way...I’m interested to hear?

Edited by Deviskan

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Who would you play ahead of him at left back? Given squad player guess he would be your 2nd or 3rd choice left back at the club. Who are the players ahead of him?

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I dunno what’s worse...

Posters like yourself, with a Carole Ann Boone esque fascination with Daza, cheerleading/internet white knight protecting him from anyone that dare question him?

Or Daza himself...got 1 prediction correct god knows how long ago, amongst a multitude of other predictions (throw enough mud, some of it’s bound to stick)...he has ‘sources’ dontcha know!

For the record, I enjoy people posting rumours/gossip, however when the start posting them as fact (such as brazenly posting players salaries, or saying with absolute conviction they know what was said at a board meeting/senior management meeting...or a player ‘will’ sign), then they’ve entered internet lunatic territory (massively desperate to appear important to people they don’t know, all with a view to making themselves feel good about themselves).

Tell me more about this fabled track record Daza has by the way...I’m interested to hear?

He cant because Daza and Notts too I may add go in the huff when questioned.:vrface:

I take it's just me, who with a 3 year old son who is a big fan of PJ Masks, every time I read the title of this thread immediately starts to hear in my head..........

Conor becomes.........

Image result for pj masks catboy

10 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I dunno what’s worse...

I really honestly canny be bothered

you lost me at Carole Ann Boon

14 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Who would you play ahead of him at left back? Given squad player guess he would be your 2nd or 3rd choice left back at the club. Who are the players ahead of him?

Hickey?  A star is born I hope.  

8 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I really honestly canny be bothered

you lost me at Carole Ann Boon

Struggling to type as your eyes get all misty at the sound of ‘Daza’?

Must be seriously, seriously pish for an adult to get star struck over some random person online...simply because they believe they’re ITK about a football team!

Laughable in fact.

Anyway, back on topic...hopefully Washington signs, a forward with a bit of pace is definitely required.

Edited by Deviskan

3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Struggling to type as your eyes get all misty at the sound of ‘Daza’?

Must be seriously, seriously pish for an adult to get star struck over some random person online...simply because they believe they’re ITK about a football team!

Laughable in fact.

Anyway, back on topic...hopefully Washington signs, a forward with a bit of pace is definitely required.

You're the one getting yourself all excited here ?

typing paragraph

after paragraph

after paragraph

after parapraph 

Weird ?

Going off on some early morning misty eyed daz rant, I've no even had my coffee yet 

You don't believe in Daz i get it that's cool man 

Aye lets hope Washington signs looks decent doesn't he wee bit of pace much needed 

18 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I take it's just me, who with a 3 year old son who is a big fan of PJ Masks, every time I read the title of this thread immediately starts to hear in my head..........

Conor becomes.........

Image result for pj masks catboy

:lol:

My 4 y/o girl loves PJ Masks. I didn’t have the narrator boy in my head before, but I do now. Dick! :rofl:

scott herbertson
36 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

agreed 

Geoff for new chief scout

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

agreed 

I could imagine that actually... ?

97F21974-D89D-42E8-8C43-7A2CB74DC9B0.jpeg

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

First thought, Operation Yewtree ..

sandylejambo
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If that turned up to baby sit, you'd stay home

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

agreed 

Grumpy Ulsterman replaces grumpy Ulsterman!

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Or maybe assistant manager

Ulsterman Aussie  replaces Ulsterman Austin 

8 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

On the other hand, I’m hearing we plan to wait until Monday to announce his signing to please the more, erm, traditional elements of our support..,

Monday being the 1st of July ?

Tommy Brown
58 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

that's not my point.

my point is we need a better player than him.

Hopefully White will be that player, I don't want to over burden Hickey (who is certainly better).

Burns, I got roasted for saying he will never be good enough, hopefully be proved wrong. Doubt it.

I did wish for Wallace.

Italian Lambretta
26 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Monday being the 1st of July ?

Not being one of the more traditionalists  in our suppurt i dont think you got that one. 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Is there any other sort?

All roads lead to Gorgie
20 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Can see Conor exciting the fans with his pace. Badly needed up top

Goals are badly needed up top as well. I hope Scottish football proves to be the place where he adds regular scoring to his far from impressive stats recently. I hope also we are still looking for the ideal finisher to play off Uche or Washington if he signs.

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No payment for lost game!

Image result for jon stark match winner for hire

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

They not got transfer windows then?

A happier time.

Not to mention registering for more than so many clubs in a season!  

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bungs. Gotta' be.

"Here's your envelope, Harry."

"Cheers, Stark. Usual amount I hope?"

"As always."

"Lovely. Now score against that Melchester twat on Saturday. Good boy."

B3FRDrZIEAEYS7_.jpg:large

"Go buy a parrot."

:wtfvlad:

2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Not being one of the more traditionalists  in our suppurt i dont think you got that one. 

Obviously I didn't , enlighten me .

Well aware of the 'glorious' 12th but the 1st ?

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

that's not my point.

my point is we need a better player than him.

Hopefully White will be that player, I don't want to over burden Hickey (who is certainly better).

Burns, I got roasted for saying he will never be good enough, hopefully be proved wrong. Doubt it.

I did wish for Wallace.

Burns needs to be played in his correct position which isn't left back

Edited by bazman