Walker returns ( updated )

Section Q

40 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Have you ever had 15k in the bank, like 15k that you could spend on anything you wanted? Or have you ever opened your pay packet at the end of the month and there was 60k in it? I hate Celtic, Rangers and Hibs as much as everyone else, I’d happily bin my hatred for 15k a week. Maybe am weird. Sets your whole family up for life potentially. He could’ve positioned himself better and could’ve acted better, I don’t disagree with that but I can’t blame him for chasing that kind of cash. 

There are down sides as well though.

Your life is not your own when playing for one of bigot twins.

It's been said it's like living in a gold fish bowl.

It can also affect your family , kids getting grief at school etc.

Personally if I was good enough at football to earn that kind of money I would head to England where even second tier sides can out bid the OF.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

The chat I heard tonight is Wigan are due him a shit load of money and that’s the sticking point, nothing is confirmed until that is sorted out 

6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The chat I heard tonight is Wigan are due him a shit load of money and that’s the sticking point, nothing is confirmed until that is sorted out 

Switch attention to Milinkovic, and unveil him with Naismith and Washington.

:wow:

Somebody also quoted on here that we are in talks with somebody "that would divide the support" ... from what i'm told it would divide the city never mind our support!! WOW, id love it just for the banter!

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Somebody also quoted on here that we are in talks with somebody "that would divide the support" ... from what i'm told it would divide the city never mind our support!! WOW, id love it just for the banter!

Surely that’s just Walker? 

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Cummings 

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wow!

Not going to disabuse you but wow.

FFS Geoff. Just once concede that someone may have a point that doesn’t fall in line with your opinion. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Cummings 

Aye - Notts, any chat on that?  I'm told the contact was initiated from his side as opposed to ours, same with Walker. 

Byyy The Light
17 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Is it not more he has a year left so he's trying to get a settlement payment to leave?  i.e. give me a £50k and I'll go sign elsewhere or I'll sit and you can pay me £250k for not playing...

Just a case of who blinks first and what figure they can agree.

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Surely that’s just Walker? 

Victor Moses. 

Custom ****** designed to divide things. 

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

FFS Geoff. Just once concede that someone may have a point that doesn’t fall in line with your opinion. 

He does that tbf. Every time the guys he worships over on TH decide something, GK falls straight in to line. ?

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He does that tbf. Every time the guys he worships over on TH decide something, GK falls straight in to line. ?

I was ignorant to the existence of TH until very recently. Man, that place is a ****** cluster****. Every banned, drooling, malcontent from here is posting ever more nonsense on their forum. 

Good for them, though. They can be big boys and swear whilst airing their drivel. 

I read on my one and only visit that the opinion is I’m an employee of Hearts, along with a couple of others. 

Bang up job, Dex lad. 

15 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

McNulty or Gauld

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

I was ignorant to the existence of TH until very recently. Man, that place is a ****** cluster****. Every banned, drooling, malcontent from here is posting ever more nonsense on their forum. 

Good for them, though. They can be big boys and swear whilst airing their drivel. 

I read on my one and only visit that the opinion is I’m an employee of Hearts, along with a couple of others. 

Bang up job, Dex lad. 

They ****ing despise me. Something I’m immensely proud of. ?

:verysmug:

Just now, Lovecraft said:

McNulty or Gauld

I’d be happy for us to look at Gauld. Bring him in and let him work with the coaches and manager for a few months and get his swagger back.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

You don't have to go over there to get that feeling of pride ???

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

TBF we ha...

nah, man. We love you. 

Just now, Notts1874 said:

TBF we ha...

nah, man. We love you. 

True. But you guys at least appreciate that I’m a heartthrob. ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Aye - Notts, any chat on that?  I'm told the contact was initiated from his side as opposed to ours, same with Walker. 

I had a hunch much earlier this week. Common sense to make the enquiry .

Riordan was far worse made me feel unclean 

Edited by Sir Gio

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Boom boom 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

True. But you guys at least appreciate that I’m a heartthrob. ?

The word is “throbber”.

:whistling:

The word is “throbber”.

:whistling:

You know it, I know it, a’body knows it, but your pants can’t hide it. ?

GorgieFifeLife

Walker and Cummings are big pals he may have out a word in with Levein to see if we are interested.

SuperstarSteve
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Would Cummings not cost a fee?

He’s in the same situation as Walker, last year of contract so could sort a pay off with Forrest and he’s good to go. 

Failing that I think a fee will be required. 

Gauld would always appear to have made sense to come to us - I was surprised that when he went out on loan in January it was to Hibs. I don't believe we didnt have the budget and we were crying out for creativity with our injury crisis.

So, it might be that Levein doesnt feel his career has gone where it should or could have and isnt interested - he didnt do much if anything with Hibs. Also I cant see him signing for us dividing support.

McNulty was only short term at Hibs but did well for them - I cant see him signing for us dividing the support.

That only leaves Cummings.

I must admit, I'd take him. I always felt he had a spark and energy when he played for Hibs. I think he would soon rediscover his maroon blood if he joined us - maybe a loan with an option to buy so that we are not absolutely bound into it if it doesnt work out.

1 minute ago, SuperstarSteve said:

He’s in the same situation as Walker, last year of contract so could sort a pay off with Forrest and he’s good to go. 

Failing that I think a fee will be required. 

On the other hand ?

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yes. Around 500k.

:rofl:

If true, then we can just kill all that shit stone dead right now. Half a million for Cummings! :lol:

9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Would Cummings not cost a fee?

What has done for them/down there to warrant a fee - surely he is more a burden re costs than somebody worthy of a fee and spending a fortune on him for a year if nobody buys him?

Edited by Jammy T

Clerry Jambo

Wee cum dog - can’t really decide but if pushed would take him. Tidy left fit and was a busy player when on his game. I agree with earlier post maybe loan deal would suit both parties. 

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yes. Around 500k.

He only has  year left on his contract, so I imagine we could take him on loan and pay a % of his wage while he was here.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Cummings or McGeouch ? 

SuperstarSteve

Say Cummings comes in? Washington can play out wide aswell as Walker.

possibly our front 3 levein was on about.

cummings would shock me the most. 

Wonder just how true his dad saying he’s interested is as a loan surely is possible

Edited by SuperstarSteve

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Is it not more he has a year left so he's trying to get a settlement payment to leave?  i.e. give me a £50k and I'll go sign elsewhere or I'll sit and you can pay me £250k for not playing...

Just a case of who blinks first and what figure they can agree.

It will be more than £250k for the last year of his contract. He would have been differed nearly £5k per week but knocked us back. Three year deals usually have annual increments built in to them. I’d guess he started at about £7k first year so last year is probably worth at least £8k per week so that’s £400k plus any bonuses. If he gets a settlement of half that it counts as a decent signing on fee with his next club. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

That is the starting fee. Whether I agree with it or not, is irrelevant.

So they would rather pay his full wage for a year as well as not get any kind of fee?

I'm not saying it's untrue, just saying it doesn't really make financial sense if they are trying to raise/save money.

It's all hypothetical anyway.

Edited by Lovecraft

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

McNulty or Gauld

McNulty Is a good shout. We tried to get him before he joined Hibs but he/Reading knocked it back 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Cummings or McGeouch ? 

I had thought maybe McGeouch - but I think most of us would be ok with him signing. 

Cummings is the real controversial one with his Hearts history and him basically saying he wanted to ram it up us every derby and him slagging his treatment of him and saying we were nothing to him any more.

All for the galleries of course, but that's the controversy as Hibs fans adored him - they would be spewing.

Just now, Jammy T said:

I had thought maybe McGeouch - but I think most of us would be ok with him signing. 

Cummings is the real controversial one with his Hearts history and him basically saying he wanted to ram it up us every derby and him slagging his treatment of him and saying we were nothing to him any more.

All for the galleries of course, but that's the controversy as Hibs fans adored him - they would be spewing.

McNulty would be divisive as well I think. My Hibby acquaintances want him back 

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It will be more than £250k for the last year of his contract. He would have been differed nearly £5k per week but knocked us back. Three year deals usually have annual increments built in to them. I’d guess he started at about £7k first year so last year is probably worth at least £8k per week so that’s £400k plus any bonuses. If he gets a settlement of half that it counts as a decent signing on fee with his next club. 

Fair enough. I’ve no clue about figures, was just using that as an example that they’re not due him money, it’s not a debt.

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

That is the starting figure, yes. You know the reason I know that.??

Not doubting you sugar-tits, just pointing out I’d no be going near a deal like that. ?

12 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You know it, I know it, a’body knows it, but your pants can’t hide it. ?

You've taken that too far!!!

Edited by ri Alban

I hope it is the Jamie Walker who tried and done well for us, and not the don’t give a shit one we saw towards the end of his time here.  

I also hope it is not for a larger wage than we initially offered him.